Trying to Train a Player (ON...

By lalalaLiving

Jack and Alice are best friends. They have known each other since secondary school. Alice certainly isn't one... More

Trying to Train a Player
Chapter 1: Green Skin With a Hint of Sparkles, a Stuffed Penguin and a New Girl
Chapter 2: Cold Revenge, Getting Dressed Up and Conversations about Kitchens?
Chapter 3: There's No Getting Away
Chapter 4: Hide and Seek
Chapter 5: Who Are You?
Chapter 6, Part 1: Alice
Chapter 6, Part 2: Sarah
Chapter 7: A Surprising Morning
Chapter 8: Love Hate
Chapter 9, Part 1: Something About Her
Chapter 9, Part 2: Figuring Everything Out
Chapter 10: What Just Happened?
Chapter 11: Time To Grovel
Chapter 12: Double What?
Chapter 13: Eventful Doesn't Even Begin To Describe It...
Chapter 15: Mr Ducky, The Teaching Master
Chapter 16: Progress

Chapter 14: Phases In Training

1.5K 26 26
By lalalaLiving

Update is finally here. I do apologise for the wait!:(

Dedication to AprilValent for such a sweet and funny comment on the last chapter:) Thank you, you're awesome!:D

Check out the stuff on the side:) -------------------->

ENJOY!

FAN

COMMENT

VOTE

LOOK IN A MIRROR

:D

All Rights Reserved.

Chapter 14: Phases In Training

Jack was rudely awakened by the sound of the blender’s relentless whining. He groaned and pulled his pillow over his ears. It did nothing, not even muffling the sound. Sighing with defeat he threw the pillow away in anger, making it hit the wall with a soft thump. He looked to his left and his clock told him that it was eight o’clock in the morning. Getting up sharply, he pushed the covers off of his body and swiftly stood up, striding towards his door, which strangely was already open, wide open.

A scowl overtook his face when he entered the kitchen to see Alice casually leaning against the kitchen counter, feeding the hungry blender with carrot sticks. She didn’t look up when he entered, not even acknowledge his presence when he stood in front of her, arms crossed with a face like thunder. Storming over to the power socket, he ruthlessly yanked the plug out of the socket, instantly halting the loud sound. Alice looked up at him, annoyance painted all over her face.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Alice demanded.

“What do I think I’m doing?! What about you? It’s eight in the morning and you decided to blend some carrots? Not to mention that my door was wide open, which I reckon is your doing. You woke me up and now I’m angry, so would you like to explain yourself?!”

“No. Not really.” Alice said breezily as she walked out of the kitchen. Jack’s eyes bulged out of his head with fury, he flung the blender’s plug, which was still in his hand, against a wall and followed her.

“Alice!” Jack hissed. She turned her head to face him from where she sat on the sofa.

“What?” She sighed, irritated.

“What is your problem?” He demanded.

“I don’t have a problem.” She stated haughtily.

“Well, it doesn’t seem like it!” Jack snarled.

“Well, everyone has their own opinion don’t they?” Alice growled.

“Don’t start giving me smart answers!” Jack shouted.

“Excuse me!? I will say what I like, to whom I like thank you very much!” Alice yelled. “You know, I’ve had enough of your arrogance, I’ve held my thoughts in, but yesterday was the undoing of it all!”

“What? That I took you to a fast food place instead of a fancy restaurant?” Jack asked in disbelief.

“No! The way you handled us, thinking you were all high and mighty, the way that you speak about how much Gabriella means to you and then totally contradict it by flirting with the first girl you set eyes on! But most of all, the fact that you claim to be taken by Gabriella, to want to change and yet, you are confusing me!” Alice preached.

“Confusing you?! I don’t see how.” Jack said sternly.

“You know what? I don’t have to tell you anything. Just leave me alone!” Alice said.

“No! I want an answer!” Jack growled.

“No.” Alice stated.

“For goodness sake! Why have you got to be so difficult?” Jack asked exasperated.

“I meant to tell you.” Alice began, changing the subject. Jack looked at her weirdly but said nothing of it. “I will help you with Gabriella. Not for you, but for her. Although she may not admit it yet, she likes you, I can see it.” Alice said simply.

“Really? Do you think so?” Jack asked excitedly, all anger from their previous topic of discussion gone.

“Yes. I do. Plus, she is a strong character, she’s great for you.”

“Aw, thank you.” Jack gushed.

“Yeah, yeah. Now, go make me some tea and we’ll get started on your training.” Alice commanded.

“Training?” Jack questioned.

“Yes. I’m going to help you be a better man, therefore I will train you and you will be in training. Now go make me some tea.” Alice said, smirking. Jack laughed and set off to go make her a cup of tea. The tension in the air that had been there moments ago was gone, lifted by them both as they joked around.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Right, so where do we begin?” Jack asked joyously.

“Well, someone’s excited.” Alice said smirking.

“I am! I’m ready to learn, so let’s get started!” Jack said, practically jumping up and down in his seat. Alice laughed at his action and set her tea down on the coffee table in front of her.

“Alright, calm down. There are many phases of turning you from a player, into a better man, a gentleman.” Alice began. “Let’s start with Phase One: The Girl. Now-”

“Wait, wait, wait.” Jack interrupted.

“Yes?” Alice asked annoyed.

“How many phases are there?” He questioned.

“Oh for goodness sake, I don’t know; with you I can’t be sure, I’m just going to count the many phases it will take with you.” Alice explained. “Right, let’s begin once again. We both know that it is Gabriella you want to impress. So, why don’t you start by going down there to her flat and asking her out on another date - a proper date this time – but don’t set it for tonight, if she accepts. She-“

“Wait. Why not tonight?” Jack asked confused.

“I think she’s had enough of you for now. So set it for a couple of days’ time and then you won’t seem so eager and annoying. Okay?” Alice questioned.

“Yeah, okay.” Jack confirmed.

“Right, well do it now and then we can discuss the next phase.” Alice said.

“Okay.” Jack agreed and got up, walking to the door, but he paused just before it.

“Alice?”

“Yes?”

“You know earlier, when you said I confuse you? What did you mean?” Jack asked inquisitively.

“It doesn’t matter.” Alice dismissed.

“It does to me.” Jack commented.

“Well, just leave it.” Alice sighed.

“I can’t!” Jack exclaimed. Alice just shook her head, but said nothing. “How do I confuse you? Please explain as I don’t see how I do.” Jack stated. Those words made something snap in Alice and she instantly began ranting.

“Really? Well let’s think, we keep having these…these moments between us, yet we never speak of them, not even acknowledging them as if they never happen, you claim to be quite intrigued and smitten by Gabriella and straight after, we nearly kiss! You eyed me up last night like I was something to eat, then totally ignored me once we met up with Gabriella and the most infuriating of all is that you instantly take a disliking to Adam straight away, when you barely know him and yet you act just like him, if not worse towards Gabriella! All of your behaviour points to the fact that you are jealous, yet why should you be when you like Gabriella so much? Why don't you answer me that Jack? Huh?! Why don’t you enlighten me as quite frankly I’m confused!” Alice bellowed. Jack froze and a tense silence overtook them. He stared at Alice in shock, not knowing what to say. “Well?!” Alice prompted, her voice piercing the silence.

“I was wrong. My head hasn’t been in the right mind set. It was a mistake.” Jack said slowly.

“A mistake?! Which part was a mistake exactly Jack?” Alice demanded, standing up, leaning her weight on one hip, her arms crossed and her eyes narrowed dangerously.

“…All of it.” Jack answered quietly, gazing at the ground, his fingers playing with themselves with anxiety. Alice gaped at him as tears pricked in the back of her eyes. Feeling uncomfortable, Jack opened the door and walked out, leaving Alice behind. Sinking down onto the sofa for support, she fisted her hands in her hair as she tried to process what had just happened. A silent tear trickled down her cheek, symbolising a small piece of her heart had just been broken, a part that she didn’t even know belonged to him.

I know it was short. I'm sorry. But, another update will be posted in about an hour or sooner, this time it will be longer, I promise:)

VOTE

FAN

COMMENT

LOOK OUT OF A WINDOW

:D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

169 0 22
Alia starts her graduation year at St. Xavier's after 5 years gap in her education due to cancer. Not just her college but everything has changed and...
18.8K 573 29
"I don't know what to tell you, it's your fault for catching feelings." He states, so harshly. And I thought I was the mean one. "It's your fault fo...
2.3K 125 13
"I loved, and adored him back then. But maybe, second chances aren't meant for everyone in the world." She is type of a girl who is a kind of overs...
1.2M 41.9K 68
He was filled with ego, rudeness, and cruelty. Every girl throws themselves on him just for his looks and money, but there is only one girl in his li...