Chosen

By _fangirling

"I never wanted this!" I scream, tears streaming down my eyes. He kisses my neck, muttering sweet things to m... More

Prologue
Chapter 1- Taken
Chapter 2- My Would-Be Lesbian Lover if I was Gay
Chapter 3- Nightmare
Chapter 4- Ghouls
Chapter 5- Dinner with the Cages
Chapter 6- Cute in a Weird, Sadistic Way
Chapter 7- Passion is the Way to Go
Chapter 8- Escaped
Chapter 9- There's A Weird Liquid Thing In My Eye
Chapter 10- Pissing Your Pants to the Point of Floating Is Attractive
Chapter 11- Coronation P.1
Chapter 12- Coronation P.2
Chapter 13- The Power of Pain
Chapter 14- Flashback From the Past
Chapter 15- Use Those Machetes to Shave Bigfoot Instead of Sucking Me Dry
Chapter 16- Vampire Babies Sucking the Blood from your Breasts
Chapter 17- Almost Killed the Baby's Daddy
Chapter 18- I've Just Created the World's First Human Torch Now's not the Time
Chapter 19- What the Fuck, Superman?
Chapter 20- Remember the Pirahna that Bit your Balls, Honey?
Chapter 22- The Truth
Chapter 23- Powers Oh La La
Chapter 24- Dealing with a Teenager isn't a Part of my Job
Chapter 25- It Makes Me Feel Like The Female Version of Jackie Chan
Chapter 26- I'll Choke her with a Dildo
Chapter 27-What the Fuck is a 'Lit'?
Chapter 28- Middle-Aged humans over a Hot, Sexy Vampire? That's a No-Brainer
Chapter 29- We'll be like Bonnie and Clyde, Except we're Good and not in Love
Epilogue

Chapter 21- That Sounds Tragically Emo But It's Serious

8.6K 350 23
By _fangirling

"I never knew a bun can be this pretty before." I mutter, touching the perfectly sculpted ball of hair on my head. After ten minutes of almost having my head ripped off my neck, Jenn has finally finished. I swear, I thought she was playing tug-a-war instead of decorating my scalp.

She smirks in triumph. I play with the strands of hair surrounding the front of my face that lay there messily. It's the only part that resembles me. The bun lacks flaws, which doesn't sound like me at all. I have plenty: ones I've created, ones that I have no chance of fixing. Is it wrong to find beauty in that?

The purpose of wearing a bun is to show people the mark. After I finish the truckload of paperwork involving the vampire queen, I'll be asking around to see if anyone knows about this 'chosen' business. In my 600 years of life, I have never heard of anyone being chosen for anything that sounds important. The most I've heard of is being chosen for the queen, since one king didn't find a mate. That was 1000 years ago though, I doubt that has anything to do with me.

"Thanks dear witch friend of mine." I attempt to grin at her while disguising my emotions.

Jenn scoots closer to me, facing her ear towards my direction.

"Speak again." She demands  suspiciously. I blurt out something along the lines of syrup, unicorns, and blood.

Suddenly, she squeals and jumps up and down. I watch as she moves like a drunk hippie all around the room for an unknown reason.

Her face morphs into anger as she points an accusing finger at me.

"How dare you? You never told me you were British! I heard the accent!" That's odd, not even vampires can hear it. I suppose one has never searched for one before though.

I am not ready to explain my whole life story to her yet.

I raise my hand and look at my imaginary watch. "Oh, it seems that I have an appointment with the load of documents on my desk, got to go bye!" I rush out.

I guess I'll be having a date with my office.

-

I throw my hands up in the air. Only one more paper to go and then I'm officially done. I'd finally be able to find out what this wretched mark on the back of my neck means.

I'm just glad I'm allowed to work now. Hanging out with Jenn and Trissa was fun, don't get me wrong, but when they're gone I'm alone with my thoughts. That sounds tragically emo but it's serious. I find myself crying a lot more than I'm supposed to, when a few months ago I didn't even know the act still existed.

The News channel on the recently installed tv comes on. I resist the urge to groan, the news is so boring. I begin to look for the remote, but it seemed to disappear in the few minutes I've been without it. If I have to move, it's not worth it. You know what they say, if you can't reach it, you don't need it.

"Robbery in the World Bank ended miraculously. Eleven men dressed in all black were found tied to a stop sign unconscious with all bags of money surrounding them. Police reported that they have not found or seen the one who stopped them. But whoever it is, thank you, the money that was stolen was suppose to be going to Haiti according the president, and now it can." The newsman says. Someone who prevented a mass robbery doesn't want to be known? Odd, they could've inherited a large amount of praise and money for that.

I ignore the thoughts in my head about that and continue to read this blasted document. All I'm understanding is blah blah blah stole, blah blah blah warlocks, blah blah blah sue. The three words told me exactly what happened, so I put my signature on it and place it on top of the finished stack.

There's nothing else.

I jump out of my chair in glee. A pain cascades in my leg, most likely because it hasn't moved in three hours.

There's four rooms in total. Daniel and I's, his parents', and his two siblings'. I ignore the first two and knock on the third. No answer.

I knock on it even harder, growing impatient. I really need to learn that damn language.

The door slides open, but I wish it hadn't.

"'Sup doll, did you want to join?" A tiny brunette sticks to Joseph's naked side like glue, rubbing her hands on his thigh. When I say tiny, I really mean it. She looks like she could be nine years old, except that she has a large amount of boob fat. That's literally the only sign of maturity and that she has gone through puberty. That is the only reason I'm believing that my mate's brother isn't as pedophilic as he seems to be in this moment.

"I'm going to tell your mom about your dick size and how a nine year old fucked you if you don't make her leave." His face drops at my comment. I stare into the little girl's eyes and command her to leave. Authority leaks out of my voice, causing her to whimper and leave his side immediately.

"Don't tell my mom please, she already thinks I have a kink for small feet and she's actually 21 but has a baby face-"

I cut him off, tired of his rambling.

"Don't care, now put some clothes on, you're giving me some answers."

He sighs and walks into his room. I repeatedly blink, trying to erase the image of him naked in my mind. Seeing my lover's brother waving around his two inch isn't funny at all, I promise you. I think I need to bleach my eyes.

I step inside once I believe he has at least boxers on. It's been two minutes, he has to have one piece of clothing on by now.

Thankfully, I'm correct. Sadly, he has another girl attached to his waist, wearing nothing but a bra. Where does he keep these girls, in a closet? This is unbelievable, I feel bad for his future mate.

"Everyone leave before I throw you in the dungeons." People from each and every direction pile outside, some coming from drawers and under the bed. What kind of horderer is he?

The last one scampers off with all of her clothes in her hand, but I quickly drag her back. She stares into my eyes, shivering with fear. She's actually pretty, and I can tell she has a future, but it isn't to be some one night stand or sex slave.

"I understand you enjoy sex, but at least do it with someone who deserves your time and effort. He's very small." I gesture down below. She nods her head before running off.

When I turn back, Joseph pouts.

"But she was my favorite."

I glare at him.

"Okay okay," he throws his hands up in surrender, "I guess I'll be giving you answers now. What do you want to know?"

I twirl around, pointing at my neck. He claps enthusiastically, a much different reaction that Daniel and his mother gave me.

"Whoo, you're chosen! Congratulations!"

"Obviously. What am I chosen for?" I ask, growing excited by the second.

He opens his mouth to say something, but the slam of a door cuts him off.

"Brother told us not to say anything!" Rose exclaims. He immediately purses his lips.

I nearly ripped her head off. The answer of a question that has been haunting me was almost distributed to me but no, she just had to open her mouth. Now I can't get answers from one of the most reliable sources. Sure, other people can know, but the royals are the ones that would know the most, and the truth.

I growl at her.

"Your brother can go chew Holy Powder, I'm trying to find out what this mark means." I snap.

Turning to Joseph, I muster up as much authority I possibly can coming from a queen.

"Tell me what I'm chosen for." Since he has a lower status than me, I'm assuming my command will work on him. His eyes change into a golden color as he replies. Or attempts to, really.

"Don't tell her what she's chosen for." A familiar voice orders, much more powerful than mines. Joseph's orbs turn a brighter gold than before, and he actually responds in a robotic voice. No matter how much training I do, I know I'll never be able to accomplish this.

"Yes, my King."

A/N: you guys get to find out what it means next chapter ;)))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 202 19
"You aren't the only one who can bite, love. Did you forget that?" I tensed, feeling his breath against the exposed flesh of my neck. "Don't-" "Why...
20.4K 764 27
TEASER: "No fiancée of mine needs to learn how to fight." His breath flows upon the prickling skin of my neck. I close my eyes, involuntarily shu...
438K 13.2K 30
My life was simple and easy. A bit lonely but I liked it. It wasn't until I literally crashed into the one who would change my life forever. My world...
9.5K 707 53
This is not happening. I just can't go back there. That was the worst part of my life that I want to forget. This is not happening. I kept thinking t...