Dynasty Fulfilled

By DestinyKeianna

Breanna, a struggling twenty-one year old from Louisiana, decides to drop everything and moves to Los Angeles... More

Dynasty Fulfilled
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
CHAPTER FORTY-TWO
CHAPTER FORTY-THREE
CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR
CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE
CHAPTER FORTY-SIX
CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER FORTY-NINE
CHAPTER FIFTY
CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE
CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO
CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE
CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR
CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE
CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX
CHAPTER FIFTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER FIFTY-NINE
CHAPTER SIXTY
CHAPTER SIXTY-ONE
CHAPTER SIXTY-TWO
CHAPTER SIXTY-THREE
CHAPTER SIXTY-FOUR
CHAPTER SIXTY-SIX
CHAPTER SIXTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER SIXTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER SIXTY-NINE
CHAPTER SEVENTY
CHAPTER SEVENTY-ONE
CHAPTER SEVENTY-TWO

CHAPTER SIXTY-FIVE

174 4 1
By DestinyKeianna

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
N e w e r O p p o r t u n i t i e s

"So, I scheduled my interview for later," I said, eating on the ice cream with Toya as we took a walk at the park. "I'm excited for this one because I still haven't heard anything from the other interview,"

"I'm sure this interview will go well," Toya replied, taking a bite out of her ice cream. "Second interviews are usually a good sign. It's them already knowing you, but wanting to know more and seeing if you'll be right person for the opportunity. I already know that you have it though."

"Bye, and how can you bite out of ice cream without your teeth crying?"

"I don't know, always been called weird for doing it though," She laughed, halting as she pointed at a bench. "I don't know why I have on heels but please can we sit over there,"

"Okay," I agreed, following her to the bench as I heard my cellphone going off. I looked at it seeing a new text message from Malik. "This boy here..."

Malik: I miss you man. Sitting down bored, counting my fingers.

"Who's that? Malik?" Toya questioned, wearing a smirk on her face.

"Yes, he said he misses me and that he's counting his fingers," I laughed, shaking my head at his shenanigans.

"He's a clown," She laughed, crossing her legs. "But it's cute seeing how you're glowing. You got the happy glow,"

"I do?" I queried, thinking that couldn't true. "I thought that was only possible for a sex glow and that hasn't happened,"

"No, there's a happy glow when you're in a relationship," She explained, picking her cellphone. "It's called a love glow. It's when you're happy in a relationship,"

"Wow, I didn't know that,"

"Yeah, it's cute." She smiled, staring at her text message. "I've experienced it before so I know."

"Excuse me," I giggled, rolling my eyes playfully at her. "How's Terrell been?"

I knew that I shouldn't ask Toya about him but we were literally best friends and we had a falling out. I missed my friendship with him but how can I go about it without disrespecting my relationship? If I knew that he had feelings for me.

"He's been trying to get into some hobbies, he claims," She replied, sitting her ice cream next to her. "But he's been very off to himself, it seems. You know how goofy he is but it seemed to change. I know he misses you a lot."

"I miss him too," I admitted, staring at my nails. "I remember everyone saying we were like the female and male version of each other so it's like a missing part of me. I think I should've never moved in with him,"

"Yeah, I could understand that," She said, fluffing out her skirt. "Terrell doesn't blame you for leaving."

That made me feel better, knowing that Terrell wasn't mad that I left or was that something that Toya just said? I left it remaining in my thoughts as I decided to change the subject.

"I'm finally getting the furniture for my apartment," I told her, crossing my legs. "I don't know why but I'm so excited about adding furniture into my place. My bed is coming soon. I've had a apartment before but it just feels different this time around,"

"They said moving to a new place does that to you," Toya stated, looking at her ice cream cup. "Sometimes a new scenery is all you need,"

"It's so weird, but I agree with you." I said, nodding my head. "I've been only here for a few months but everything feels different than being back in BR. I was down for a while out there, but here I feel happier. Maybe, it's meeting all of you guys because I was alone back home but here I'm alone but it doesn't feel like I am, you know?"

"Do you feel like you've reinvented yourself?" She asked, glancing over at me.

"Not reinvented, but would I say some part of me changed?" I uttered, wondering if my personality changed from my life back home. "I don't know, but I do know that I'm happier."

"That's why I'm thinking about moving down here," She said, placing a smile on her face. "Haven't told anyone yet, not even my manager."

"For real?" I gasped, widening my eyes. "I thought you loved New York,"

"I do, that's like my second home," She laughed, rubbing her hands. "I've been there for a few years and like you, I want to move down here and experience the LA lifestyle,"

"We'll, if you ask me. I'll love to have you here," I smiled, looking at her as she popped her imaginary collar. "We've grown closer and we can do so much together if you would stay permanently. And you know your brother would love it even more than I would. Y'all are so close with one another,"

"You're making my decision a little more challenging," She sighed, pulling out her cellphone. "Also, Demetrius lives here."

"It sounds like you were already choosing California over New York, if you ask me..."

"Wow," She said, pausing for a bit as she thought about it. "Maybe I was. I would have to call my manager and ask him about how he would feel if I moved here,"

"Well, good luck girl, I'm here for you,"

"Okay, let's go," She stated, checking her cellphone. "Your interview is in another hour but I want you to be prepared. So, we can finish our talk later but thank you for being here for me. I'll send you the information of the deals that I made with my furniture,"

"Thank you for reminding me," I said, getting up from the bench as I dusted my pants off. "I'll call you when I'm finished with my interview."

"Okay, love you!" She smiled, pulling me in for a hug. "Good luck on your interview girly! But you know that you already have it."

"Love you too!" I grinned, hugging her close as I pulled away giggling. "And thanks!"

We both headed back to our cars as I entered my vehicle and pulled out of the parking lot of the park.

It didn't me too long getting to the apartment complex since everything was so close around the area that I was staying in. Once I parked in my parking spot, I exited the car and opened the door to the building as my cellphone began ringing. I laughed, reading the caller ID as I answered the phone.

"Hey, baby!" I greeted, walking to my door.

"Hey mama, where you at?"

I unlocked the door with my keys, entering my empty apartment.

"I just entered my spot, going to get ready for my interview,"

"You wanna' FaceTime?" He asked, sounding cute as ever.

"I have to take a shower but afterward yes,"

"Aight, I talked to my mom," He explained. "She said next Sunday, she wants to meet you and she'll cook after we go to church,"

"I'd love that, I'm down." I agreed. "I also love that your mom is a believer. I hope she likes me, because I have tattoos and need to strengthen my faith."

"She's not judgmental," He assured me. "Neither are my parents, but I'm sure they're going to like you. You'll even meet my grandparents because they love attending church with my parents and eating."

"I'd love to meet them. So you're the only child?"

"Yeah I thought I told you," He replied. "But it's why I'm super close to my cousins, we a close family."

"I would remember if you told me but I wasn't too sure but awe,"

"Yeah, aside from them. You might see Maurice and his fiancée, he's the closest thing that I got to a brother,"

"Ooh, I'll love to see Nyla and him," I beamed, feeling a little better knowing that his cousin was going to the dinner.

"So you up for it?"

"Absolutely, I'd love to meet your family, Malik," I answered him, walking into my bathroom. "I'll call you when I'm done taking my shower, okay?"

"Aight, I love you,"

"I love you too," I smiled, hanging up the phone as I turned on the shower.

While holding my phone, I heard it going off as Toya texted me the place for furniture.

.

.

.

"Hello, Ms. Davidson, nice having you here with us today," Mr. Henderson greeted, extending his hands out.

"Nice seeing you again, Mr. Henderson," I smiled, shaking his hand

I shook his hand, taking a seat in front of him. I was anxious about this meeting and wondered what would be the questions that he's going to ask me. I knew a lot about the company, Elite Talent Unlimited, a talent agency company that has been in the entertainment industry for over twelve years in Los Angeles, California.

They are very diverse and worked with plenty of people who looked like me. They were family-oriented and big team players, as they worked with actors and models who want film, television, commercial, theatrical, voice over and print representation. So, I knew they were the real deal and I knew that they'd be able to represent me as their client.

"Okay, from our first meeting, we learned a lot about you," He said, clearing his throat, "But during this meeting, I'll like to know you a little better,"

"I'm a production assistant for Brandon McKnight of Freedream Film Productions," I explained, hoping this sounded good enough for him. "I am very dependable, as I'm always willing to help everyone at the company. Each department asks me for help and I'm able to help with my assistance which gets the job done. I'm quick on my feet, and very reliable. I work with actors and their agents very well, so I'm a big team player always willing to help everyone,"

Mr. Henderson nodded, wanting me to continue.

"I went to college for business, communication, performing arts and digital communication," I continued, showing him that I was able to commit to something. "I've made connections with many people, including Johnathan Strong who's become a mentor to me. I take actors' workshop class with Deanne Livingston and Levell Daniels. I also hired Jaquann Chandler as my entertainment lawyer, and I've developed a close relationship with them all as I feel like it'll be close to considered my family."

I used the traits that the company had and added it into my introduction so that he knows that I also carry these traits.

"And what would you like to accomplish in the first few months?" He asked.

"In the first five months?" I repeated, thinking hard about this question. "I'd like to keep going to auditions, and gaining more skills in my actors class, build my resume, develop more business connections, and be able to book more opportunities for my career."

"What do you expect in a management style?"

"Definitely 50/50. I'm willing to go out there and work by going to many auditions, getting my name out there and attending events that requires me to network. I'll want you to help me with booking roles, and help with negotiation contracts. Be my supporter and showcase it during every meeting,"

"This is another form of the question but what would you say that are your short term and long term goals?"

"My short terms goals are doing more headshots and photo shoots," I answered, knowing the right answer for it. "Continue with my acting classes, work on my references list, build social media presence and work on updating resume and website,"

"Now, what are your long term goals?"

"My long term goals for my acting career is to to first cast in a movie," I explained, placing my hands on my thighs. "To book a pilot, a recurring role on a tv series, become a well known name in the industry, appear in a blockbuster movie. I have a motto and it is: Never stop working, always keep going. Wake up and go get it! Stay hungry for success."

The fact that I made that up on the spot was crazy but it applied to the game plan that I was already doing in my time in LA.

"Okay, name three strengths and three weaknesses," He queried, clicking his pen.

"My three strengths are determination," I stated, smiling brightly at him. "It's because I'm a very hardworking person who is very motivated to keep going until I achieve my goals. Next, I'd say dedication because acting is my dream and it's my true focus, it's my life. I'm very passionate about this and whether I fail, I'll keep going no matter what."

Mr. Henderson showed that he was listening as I hoped that I didn't cry during the interview. I wanted this so bad, so I was giving my all in this interview.

"Lastly, I'd have to say two things for my last one," I told him, sitting perfectly still. "Which is my communication and my people skills, I'm a huge people person who's always open to meeting new people and putting myself out there. I'm a extrovert, I'm very friendly, a good listener, and I'm also able to give good advice if needed,"

"Okay, and what are you three weaknesses that you feel that you could work on?" He queried, raising a brow.

"My three weaknesses? Hmm, I'll say maybe self-criticism. We are our own worst critic, so that'll be one of the things that I do need to work on," I remarked, looking at him. "The two others I would say are my weaknesses is being a better organizer, and being anxious,"

"What are the roles that are you interested in?" He wondered, clicking his pen again as he seemed to put a checkmark on his paperwork.

"Lead actor or supporting actor. I believe that I have what it takes to be a queen bee, boss or CEO character, the socially awkward, geek role, the villain and even the regular, girls next door type of character,"

"What would be your time availability?"

"Monday through Friday, I'm free after four or five o'clock. Saturday through Sunday, I'm free from the morning, afternoon and night,"

"We've went over many of these questions during our first interview," He noted, adding another check mark to his list. "We looked over your resume, demo reel and your head shots. We believe that you fit in the aspects of commercial acting and then into theatrical acting. Meaning with commercial acting, you will be able to use commercials to break into film and television acting,"

I didn't want to sound to excited but it sounded like he was giving me the opportunity already.

"We do believe that you fit the type of what we're looking for," He asserted, sitting the pen down as he pulled out a folder with the contract. "And that we want to give you a contract. A one-year contract with our company, Elite Talent Unlimited Agency. We want to work with you and represent you as a client,"

Oh my Gosh! They offered me the contract! I couldn't believe it. This was all that I was waiting for but I knew that I needed to think like a professional during this.

"I'm interested in joining the company," I said, feeling my heart beating out of my chest. "I'm going to think about it and get back to you in the next few days, if that's okay with you?"

"Absolutely, take your time and read through it." He smiled, nodding his head. "We understand and we are not rushing you into this. Hope you have a good day, as we look forward into hearing from you."

He handed me the folder of the contract and I graciously accepted the folder, giving him a handshake and a smile. Mr. Henderson walked me out of of his office and I was still so shocked at the fact that I received a contract from this company.

I know that I had to give a call to Mr. Chandler and Johnathan as soon as I got in the car. I practically skipped out of the talent agency building as I headed to my car. I wanted to cry as I pulled out my cellphone going to my contacts, finding Johnathan's name and immediately dialed his number.

He answered on the second ring as I headed to my parking spot, unlocking the door and stepped into the car.

"Hello?" He answered. "How are you, Miss Breanna?"

"Well, I have good news!" I exclaimed, screaming in delight. "I received a contract from ETU Agency. I can't believe it!"

"Congratulations Breanna!" He cheered, sounding just as excited as I was. "You didn't sign did you? Call Jaquan and I will have to look it over with you to be sure it's the right fit for you."

"No, I didn't sign yet, but I have it," I beamed, feeling my eyes welling. "I've been wanting this for so long. I'm still shocked that it happened!"

"I'm happy for you. Matter of fact, once you give Jaquan a call, I want you both to head to my office so that we all can read over it together tomorrow and I'll even make copies for you to keep, just in case."

"Will do, thank you so much for all of your help, Johnathan!"

"It's only the beginning, Breanna."

I giggled, hanging up the phone as the first person that I called was my boyfriend. I wanted him to be the first person to know that I got it, and it's been something that I've been wanting to tell him. So, I called him, hoping that he wasn't mad that I didn't tell him anything about pursuing my dream of acting.

"Sunshine, what's up?" He greeted.

"Hey baby! Well, I just finished my meeting." I said, trying to sound sad but it was hard. "And guess what?!"

"You got the job?!"

"I did, I received a contract from a talent agency," I explained, biting my lip as I felt scared to hear his response.

"You going to be a actor, sunshine?" He chuckled. "I see why you ain't want to tell me. So, we popping bottles or what tonight?"

Tears poured out of my eyes as I felt the all the support from him. I just knew that he'd be angry at me not telling him anything but he sounded so supportive.

"Yes! Right now, I have to look it over with my lawyer and mentor but thank you baby for being supportive and understanding," I cried, wiping my tears. "I've always wanted to tell you but I was scared, and wanted to be sure that this is legit. I love you so much!"

"I'm proud of you, mama. We can talk about it when you get here. I love you too, sunshine."

Hanging up the phone with him, I called Toya as I'm sure she was at Terrell's house so I was excited to tell them both.

"Hey nugget?! You finished your interview?" She asked.

"Yes, just finished it but I have some good news!"

"Can I put the phone on speaker?" She questioned.

"Sure,"

"Alright go ahead, we're both listening!"

"I got the contract from the agency!"

"Ahhhh! My sister got the contract!" She yelled, showcasing her excitement through the phone. "I told you that you were going to get it! You deserve this! I'm so happy for you, best friend!"

"You're going to keep me crying," I laughed, feeling more tears pouring down my face.

"I'm proud of you, lil' bit," Terrell uttered. "I knew you had it in you. You about to be famous, I can't wait to see all the success you're about to achieve!"

"Terrell...I love and miss you, thank you so much for everything!"

"I love and miss you too, man." He chuckled. "No need to thank me. You got it on your own."

"It's for supporting me and allowing me to stay with you. I'm paying you back as soon as I make it!"

I promised him that I was paying him back as I wasn't going to break that promise.

It was only the beginning as Johnathan mentioned and I was excited for this journey that I was going to start.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 26.2K 30
"Give me my shirt. And my underwear." I look up at his messy hair and his red lips-all because of me-and suddenly lose my breath. "Or what?" He pulls...
9.5K 860 17
TW This story has mature themes, anxiety, depression, traumas, angst and violence 4 Zindagiyan hai ek duje se anjan, Kya inke rishte ko kabhi mil p...
682K 12.1K 42
UNEDITED! "I can't act like I'm not in love with you!" he says at last. Every single drop of confidence fades away from my body. "What did you say?"...
773 99 66
After Alyana suffered a horrific car accident, it resulted her into becoming wheelchair bound. Alyana goal was to try to survive this life of hers b...