Their Tale

נכתב על ידי Lyss_Helene

What will happened if instead of possessing Cale Henituse's body, Kim Rok Soo became the trash's twin brother... עוד

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Notes

Chapter 6

4.9K 409 69
נכתב על ידי Lyss_Helene

It has been exactly two days since Keith and Drew has arrived in the Harris Village. The citizens there immediately greeted them respectfully and escorted them to the wealthiest inn for the noble.

Keith has brought a few fantasy novels just to decrease his boredom, but then, he was approached by the innocent children on the first day of his visit. The curious children could not help but wanted to play with Keith although their parents nagged at them saying that Keith was a noble. Keith was reminded of Cale's sad face when he saw their face, thus, he reluctantly agreed to it.

It was no joke. The children here were even more energetic and active than his brother. He ran for a very long time, climbed some trees and even being dragged into the mud until his fancy clothes was filled with soil and dirt. He collapsed on the ground right after they finished playing.

Even his mother laughed at him, saying that the trip to the Harris Village was great since he got to 'exercise' more than usual.

In the end, the children were scolded by their parents for making a noble looked like that. Although Keith said it was fine, since he did not enjoy it when seeing children being scolded because of him. If there was something that need to be blame, he will definitely blame his own lack of stamina.

And now, Keith who was currently in the middle of resting was sitting on a wooden chair with his eyes on an enormous 10-meter-tall wall made of stone.

That single wall was the one that separated the Harris Village and one of the Forbidden Regions, the Forest of Darkness.

After spending a total of two days in the Harris Village, Keith had seen almost everyone in this village—except for a black-haired man.

Choi Han.

The main character of this world was still inside the Forest of Darkness. He might the main character, but, he was not originally a hero. He was a normal teenage South Korean boy who had a happy life until he suddenly transported to this world.

There was a reason why the novel was called [The Birth of a Hero]. It was about the growth and struggle of person who will become a great hero in the future.

Somewhere, in the forest filled with dangerous mutant monsters and poisonous plants, Choi Han was fighting for his life.

Keith had no idea whether Choi Han has already developed his terrifyingly powerful sword arts and become strong enough to not fear anything or he was still struggling to survive in the forest. The novel wrote from Choi Han's perspective, and after ten of years with the same unchanging appearance, Choi Han lost the feeling of time.

Keith could barely estimate and make a wild guess.

"Keith, what are you doing here?"

He turned his head to see his mother was approaching him.

These two days has brought them closer than before. Keith was willing to tell a little bit of his life to Drew as his mother was more persistent than he initially thought. They exchanged their secret after having a deep conversation alone.

Contrary to what he has predicted about his mother's reaction, Drew was calmed but her eyes filled with sadness.

Then, she hugged him.

'You've been through a lot, my child.'

To be honest, Keith did not expect that kind of reaction. He thought his mother would be disgusted or pitied his life.

Keith quickly stopped remembering those memories as he answered.

"I was thinking."

"Thinking about what?"

Keith hesitated for a moment before opening his mouth to speak.

"...Mother, if you have the opportunity to save someone from their despair and end their suffering earlier that it was meant to be, will you do it?"

Drew blinked two times. She was actually caught by surprise because she did not expect that kind of question from her son.

"If it did not cause me any harm, then I will do it."

'As expected from mother.'

"But, what if your actions have the consequences? What if your actions could lead to the unexpected events that might cause you harm?"

As someone who fought with monsters a lot and survived, Keith, no, Kim Rok Soo knew better than anyone else what it was like to be alone, struggling, and fighting in order to survive. It was a wonder how Choi Han managed to stay sane.

That was why Keith could not help but wanting to help Choi Han. Although he was a person who did not like troublesome things and get involved with the storyline of the novel, Choi Han reminded him of his past self, where he was the weakest and useless bastard who tried so hard to survive.

Thus, Keith could not stay still.

However, the most worrying thing that has been weighting on Keith's mind was—he did not know what his action will cause to. Choi Han is not just an ordinary person, he is the main character of this world. Saving him earlier than it meant to be might cause a butterfly effect. And what if it will bring harm to Keith?

Drew raised her brows.

"Why does it matter? The future is unknown, anyways. All we have to do is to prepare for the best or the worst for the unpredictable future. If we saved someone from their despair, won't our heart and mind be at ease?"

Keith stayed quiet for a while, trying to digest his mother's words.

What his mother said was right.

Who cares about straying away from the storyline of the novel? For Keith who had live almost eight years in this world, he has already accepted that this world was no longer a fictional novel, but a reality. Kim Rok Soo who became a character who did not exist in the novel was the absolute proof.

And who cares if Choi Han is not strong or a weakling if he was saved earlier than in the novel? Choi Han can always train himself outside of the Forest of Darkness.

"Mother, you're right..."

Keith made a firm resolution. After getting ancient powers stated in the novel or perhaps trained his body a little bit, he will save Choi Han.

Drew smiled when she heard that reply. She caressed his son's head.

"Now, shall we have a dinner?"

***

On the third day where the sky turned dark—the day that supposed to be the time Keith and Drew go back to the Henituse Estate, it was raining heavily. The rain kept pouring without a hint of stopping.

"You're not sleeping, Keith?"

Drew asked her son that was staring outside the window. He looked like he was waiting for the heavy rain to stop when Keith usually sleep without giving much thoughts.

They were currently in a carriage, riding back to their home.

"I don't feel sleepy."

Not only he did not feel drowsy as usual, but his instinct was also telling him something. Somehow, he had a feeling something terrible will happen ever since his mother disappeared this afternoon to who-knows-where with her pale complexion. And the heavy rain just proved his gut feeling.

"Or perhaps are you worried about Cale?"

Keith suddenly remembered his brother who was whining about wanting to go to the Harris Village with them.

"No, I just thought about the promise I made."

Keith shrugged his shoulder while saying in an indifferent tone. Before they departed, the upset Cale was forcing him to make a promise about returning safely.

Drew just chuckled.

"Don't worry, we will arrive safely."

'...I hope so.'

However, the rain continued to fall even more heavier and the wind became stronger than before. The road was bumpy making the carriage shook multiple times.

Then, suddenly, the carriage tipped over.

Drew reached toward Keith, wanting to protect her son, but Keith pushed her away, causing a broken part of the carriage fall on Keith's body.

Her heart sunk at that sight.

"Keith!!!"

Drew tried to remove the heavy material on her son's body, but she could not move freely under the carriage that flipped over.

Keith groaned in pain. His entire body felt painful. He never felt this kind of pain ever since he woke up as Keith Henituse.

Keith, no, Kim Rok Soo never like pain.

But, he was willing to be in pain just to see his loved one is safe.

"...Mother, are you alright?"

"No, I'm not alright! Why are you doing this, Rok Soo?!"

Drew shouted with tears in her eyes. She called her son with his name from his previous as she was feeling extremely frustrated.

Her son knew that she did not has much time anymore. During their stay in the Harris Village, she has confessed that her remaining days can only be counted in one hand.

So, why did Keith has to protect her who will die sooner or later at the cost of his own body?

"...Mother, you're hurt too."

"Rok Soo, said it yourself! You're bleeding!"

Keith never see his mother made that kind of expression. A face filled with desperate, pain, worry and despair.

Blood was dripping out of his mouth as he felt that his body became tired and heavy because of the broken part of the carriage on his body.

'I knew I should have taken that shield.'

Keith regretted that he did not take the ancient power when he has all the time in the world to do exactly that. If he take that ancient power, none of this will happen.

"...Please don't cry, mother."

Yes, Drew was crying. Her heart was aching when she saw how her tiny son's body was struggling against the heavy material on her son's body.

"I should've be the one who protect you..."

Drew coughed up blood as she continued her words.

"My child, I don't have much time. Why did you do that?"

Keith was smiling even though he was hurting. Even that smile took a lot energy to form.

"To protect you, mother."

Keith did not care about it. As long as his mother is safe, he would be more than glad.

However, it looked like his mother truly has not much time anymore as she was coughing up blood. Her complexion became even more paler than before.

That was when knew it.

His mother's time is almost running out.

Keith spoke even though it was consuming his energy.

"...Mother, please hold on a little more. We need to go back to our home."

'Please, you need to bid goodbye to Cale and father first before you go."

Drew who understood the hidden meaning behind it could not help but bit her lower lips. A drop of tears was falling from her eyes. She raised the corner of her mouth.

"...Alright, my child."

***

Deruth almost fainted in shock when he saw the bloodied body of his son and his wife who seemed to lose consciousness. His youngest son who had critical injuries all over his body looked like he try so hard to stay awake as he slowly opened his shaking mouth.

"...Please, heal her."

Deruth's heart tightened in misery at that statement.

"Healer!! Bring a priest or a healer!!"

Cale who was in his bedroom, waiting for his brother and mother's arrival could not help but panicked when he saw Keith who was lying on the bed while being healed by a priest.

"Keith!!"

Keith's condition was too terrible. It was a wonder how he did not faint until now, considering the amount of blood he dripped from his mouth and his wounded injuries.

Despite his extreme injuries, Keith tried to straightened his back even though he was in a process of healing.

"Young master Keith, please stay still."

Keith did not care about the vicious old butler. He ignored the butler, the priest and his brother as he stood up.

"Keith, what are you doing?! You need to lie down!!"

"I need to go to mother."

Keith replied indifferently but there was urgency in his tone.

"You can see her after your injuries healed."

Cale knew his brother was worried about mother but Keith should rested and let the injuries healed first before going to see mother.

"...It will be too late."

Cale frowned.

'Too late? What does that mean?'

Just then, he could see Keith's indescribable  expression. It was an expression that depicted worries, despair and sorrow. Cale has never seen his brother made that kind of expression filled with a lot of negative emotions.

Their mother will be fine because she was not as injured as Keith, so why would Keith made that expression?

It was as if she will go away.

"Then, let's go."

Cale grabbed Keith's hand, helping him to walk as they approached a room where their mother and father were.

The priests inside the room who tried so hard to heal her could not help but shook their heads.

"I told you, my time is limited."

Deruth was kneeling on the floor right beside the bed as he was crying when he heard Drew's calm words.

Drew who noticed the presence of her sons smiled. Her gentle smile seemed filled with pain right now.

"Come here, Cale, Keith."

Cale rushed toward her mother while Keith who has still not recovered walked slowly.

Drew furrowed her brows when she saw Keith's condition.

"Keith, why are you still not recovered yet?"

"...Mother."

Drew let out a heavy sigh. She really could not do anything about her stubborn youngest son.

Then, she saw how hard Cale tried to not cry but failed. Tears were dripping from both of his eyes.

"Mother, w,will you really die?"

Drew smiled before hugging Cale.

"I'm sorry, Cale. It looks like I could not see you growing up as a swordsmaster."

Cale tightened the hug as he trembled. His hands were shaking and he was crying inside his mother's embrace.

"...Mother, I promised I will become a great swordsmaster. I will worked hard to protect our family. So please..."

'Don't go.'

Drew stroked her son's head gently. Then, she loosened the hug to see her son's face that was wet and red thanks to the tears.

"I apologized for leaving you alone."

Cale's fists were shaking as more tears kept falling down to his cheeks.

"But, you are not alone right?"

Cale lowered his head with his glistening eyes filled with tears. Slowly, he nodded his head with his hands on his eyes.

Yes, he is not alone.

He has his brother and his father.

Then, Drew looked at her crying husband. Her husband is so emotional, a fool yet very adorable. She deeply loved her husband from the bottom of her heart.

"My darling Deruth, please take care of our children. I hope you can live happily without me."

Deruth shook his head with tears on his face.

"H,how can I live without you, Drew?"

Drew just smiled helplessly. She was more worried about Deruth than her son.

And she turned her gaze toward the person that she worried the most—her youngest son. A person with unfortunate fate who will be entangled to terrible dangers in the future. There was never a day where she never worried about her youngest son's future.

She knew her youngest son will become someone great in the future.  A person who will carry many responsibilities and has what it takes to change this world's fate.

"Keith, remember what I told you?"

Keith who had an indescribable expression on his face just stared at his mother's face. Although he might be seen as the calmest person in the room, Drew knew that her youngest son who never show any expression was the most unstable person in the room.

Drew continued to smile gently although blood was dripping from her mouth.

"Do whatever you want. Live however you want. And be happy."

Keith's pupils greatly shook. He had to clench his hands and grit his teeth in order to stay calm.

"...Alright, mother."

Drew smiled when she heard that answer. She rested her head on a pillow and closed both of her eyes.

When she finally took her last breath, they all knew that their loved one was gone.

Forever.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

3.8K 214 18
The infamous Count family, the wealthy aristocrat that have been protecting Roan Kingdom from the Forest of Darkness for generations. Rumors have spr...
2.5K 117 26
Disclaimer: 백작가의 망나니가 되었다 - 유려한 | Lout of Count's Family | Trash of the Count's Family does not belong to me but Yulyeohan. This is fanfiction. ...
36.2K 2.2K 13
[Completed] *Spoilers Ahead for Trash of the Count's Family* *Fanfic*
90.9K 6.4K 60
a regresser and a transmigrating reincarnator face the horrors of a romance novel together Put less succinctly, in one of the many parallel world...