The Demon Phoenix, Demon Slay...

By IvanDPhantom

What if Tanjiro knew breath of the sun, and what if Nezuko could control herself more? And what if she also k... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2: Mount Sagiri
Chapter 3: Training
Chapter 4: Sabito and Makomo
Chapter 6: Final Selection
Chapter 7: Tsuyuri Kanao
Chapter 8: My Nichirin Sword
Chapter 9: A Swordsman and a Demon
Chapter 10: Overseer, Kazami Ozaki, A mysterious town.
Chapter 11: Self Reflection

Chapter 5: Nezuko's Test

1.9K 34 58
By IvanDPhantom

"Onee-chan, when will Oni-chan be back?" Rokuta asked

"He's probably staying at someone's house right now, it is late" Nezuko said

"But he promised to read us a-" Honaka said but was interrupted

"Ah I think I see him he's here" Shigeru said joyfully looking at a figure in the snow.

Nezuko's instincts just screamed at her, DANGER DANGER, RUN! This man was not their brother.

"I don't think that's him, It's probably just a man wondering in the snow. Why would someone be in the snow like-" Kie ( The mother) Said but then was interrupted by the door opening.

The man stood there in front of the family with a white fedora and a black suit.

Teruko then spoke up, "Hey what are you doing!, This is our ho-" Teruko was killed by the man as the family watched in horror.

Everyone was speechless and by motherly instinct Kie told Nezuko to take Rokuta and run when given the chance, "Teruko- Niichan, Are you ok-" Hanoko said but was cut of with a slash on her head, "NEE-CHAN!, NOO-" Shigeru was next to die being skewered and Kie came with a knife to stab the man the man reacted quickly as he punched her stomach and blood spew all over the room, "Their blood is just so normal." The Man said as he saw Nezuko still running with Rokuta for safety but the man caught up and killed the crying Rokuta immediately, with some harm done to Nezuko. 

"Why?" 

Nezuko just watched in horror as she looked at her now dead baby brother and she turned around to look the man in the eyes and he said," You, You seem good enough, become a demon" as he injected something in her Nezuko's world faded to black.........

Nezuko wakes up in a room, she was in a futon and she had a bamboo muzzle on her, as seconds go by she remembered what happened and got up looking for Tanjiro but he was no where to be seen neither is Urokodaki so to lazy to open the door she kicked it down and walked outside, it was night time meaning it was safe for her and when she looked to her right she saw Urokodaki, her brother, and 2 figures she did not recognize.

Oni-chan

"Nezuko!" Tanjiro yelled surprised to see her awake," So... you're awake." he ran up to her but then fell down on his knees as he tripped something

In response Nezuko ran up to him and hugged him, Tanjiro was shedding tears being reunited with his now awoken sister. "Why? Why did you fall asleep all of the sudden?, Why?, You never even woke up once!" The sobbing continues as Sabito, Makomo, and Urokodaki watched the reunion. "I was worried you were going to die you know!" Nezuko couldn't say anything but she hugged her brother tighter as he cried.

"So she's awake, should we do it?" Makomo asked hesitantly

"Well she's awake now, we'll have to test her now, she might not wake up again later." Sabito said with some regret.

"Tanjiro." Makomo called out, as Tanjiro turned his head to look at ther she said the words, "I'm sorry"

"Huh?, what are you-" Tanjiro was interrupted as Makomo grabbed him away from Nezuko. " Wait why are you-" as Tanjiro said than Sabito came and kicked Nezuko.

"NEZUKO!" Tanjiro shouted as he struggled to get out of Makomo's arms, "Don't try it, Tanjiro please." Makomo warned but Tanjiro didn't listen as he kept trying

Meanwhile Nezuko got up and got ready to fight, she had just woken up and was energized, her eyes turned slit and weins popped out, Sabito appeared infront of her ready to attack, "Stay-" As he was saying that Nezuko tried to flank him but Sabito was quick and kicked her back again. Nezuko can fell his strength, due to her being a demon she could feel how strong this guy is.

This man's strong, No doubt stronger than that man from before. Who even is he?, I know he's a slayer.

Why don't I take control?, I might be able to kill him. Let loose for a while.

Onii-chan wouldn't like that and I despise you, I honestly rather die then let you have control.

It's better for me to have control, come on give in, we can save onii-cha-

Nezuko just cancelled the voice and avoided a strike landed by Sabito and saw an opening as she kicked his head and Sabito was knocked back.

"She's strong." Sabito thought "But she's not trying to kill me that's good, time for the next phase."

Sabito then took his sword and sliced deep into the back of his hand just enough so some blood will come out. This action made Nezuko confused, why did he slice his own arm?

Blood

Huh?

EAT, EAT EAT EAT!

NOOOO!

Nezuko waltzed forward but then punched herself in the chest trying to resist the blood, she then let out a long growl which means, "Why? Just let my brother go please." As she pointed to Makomo and Tanjiro.

Tanjiro was still struggling against Makomo he managed to get his mouth out for a while and told her sister, "Nezuko, please! Hold it in!" before Makomo shut his mouth again

Sabito watched her struggle with her instincts," Her hunger is calling for it, but she's trying to hold it, good. If she passes this then we won't have to kill her." Then Nezuko stood up and tried to go for Makomo again only to be stopped by Sabito with the grip of his sword as he knocked her back once again.

With the fact she's holding her urges and the fight with Sabito she didn't know what to do, How could she save her brother.

Sabito then said "Don't move, I am a Demon Slayer and my job is to kill Demons like you." Nezuko didn't respond as it was already clear that he is." Your brother however is Human, We will let him go if you do this one thing for us." Nezuko was confused as she heard this, wondering what they wanted.

"Offer us your neck." Nezuko's eyes just widened.

"Nezuko!, RUN! JUST RU-" Tanjiro cried out but was stopped again by Makomo.

"You are a demon, You might have your conscious now but there is no telling when you'll go berserk and eat your brother, not to mention hording a demon is one of the biggest violations anyone could commit in the Demon Slayer Corps and could mean death." Sabito explained as Nezuko just stood there.

"However, if you offer us your neck, we will let your brother live."

Tanjiro was crying as he heard this as he keeps struggling to get out he didn't care about what the Corps would think he just wanted his sister alive, but Makomo was stronger than him and she kept holding him back.

Nezuko also had a strong sense of instincts, ever since she was born she could tell if danger was nearby, and like her brother she could tell if someone was lying. Though not as strong as her brother's keen sense of smell it was still useful and now her instincts were stronger due to being a demon and she could tell that Sabito wasn't lying.

She looked at her brother as if it's the last time, her eyes watched him for the last time as her bamboo muzzle dropped and let out a smile of goodbye.

I'm sorry, Onii-chan

Tanjiro was using the last of his strength knowing he wouldn't even make it in time he still tried to escape Makomo's grasp, " Nezuko....RUN!" Tanjiro said as Nezuko looked at Sabito and raised her neck and closed her eyes, accepting her demise.

Sabito saw this and he dashed forward and in an instant...... 

 sliced her neck as Nezuko's head fell to the ground.

==========

Hello My name is Dr. Advertiser *radio voice*

Are you in need of anything to fill your stomach?

Are you to lazy to make your own food?

And do you just wish the food is more entertaining

If you are no need to worry as I present to you the PHONE BURRITO.

This is a burrito with a phone inside

You can make your calls and play all the games you want, and its even a good snack.

Order one now for $9999999999999

HEY WHO THE HELL ARE YOU!

Well crap, gotta go! goodbye dear reader let's see what happens next.

GET OUT WE'RE NOT EVEN NEAR MID CHAPTER YET!

==========================================

Tanjiro's world slowed down as he watched his sister's head fall to the ground, He was bawling like a baby and as Makomo finally released him as he ran to Nezuko's severed head.

"Nezuko!" He grabbed his sister's head and bawled into tears, "Why didn't you run? Nezuko." Tanjiro kept sobbing and he looked up to Sabito, He couldn't smell any malicious intent only relief and pride. "Sabito-san, Why?" Tanjiro asked devastated," Just why did you do this?" he knew it was his job he expected that to be the answer.

"Tanjiro.." Sabito called," If I wanted to kill your sister I would have done so when you were training, look." He reassured him while pointing to Nezuko as well, Confused he turned around to find his sister's head still very much there along with her body, Nezuko opened her eyes hearing this and she was very much still alive.

"Nezuko........ You're alive!" Tanjiro cried out as he hugged his sister's head," Thank god!, I thought I lost you again. Nezuko was in disbelief as her brother burst into tears.

"Wait how...." Tanjiro then looked at Sabito's sword, It didn't have a color, It's not a Nichirin Sword.

"Sorry Tanjiro," Makomo said as she walked up to both of them," We needed to make sure."

Tanjiro then realized "This was a test for her, wasn't it?" Makomo nodded

"Indeed," Sabito responded," We couldn't do this if she was asleep and if you or she knew it wouldn't be as effective, we know you're mad and you probably won't forgive us but we are sorry for making you go through that."

There was a moment of silence between the 4 until Tanjiro broke it after 5 seconds

"I'm going to head-butt you" Tanjiro declared

"......Excuse me?" was all Sabito could say

"I'm going to head-butt you for slicing my sister's head off." He said still hugging his sister's severed but alive head

"....." Sabito couldn't really say anything to respond to that, "Uh sure..... alright" He responded and moved his palms upword in a gesture and said, "I won't resist."

Tanjiro then took a deep breath and grabbed his Haori, and headbutted Sabito *Tanjiro uses headbutt*

The right after he took another deep breath and said, "You are forgiven."

" Well, I still don't understand how you could forgive me like............" Sabito then stopped talking as the effects of the Headbutt kicked in.

Moments of silence pursued

" Sabito?" Makomo called to him as he wasn't moving no talking.

*Headbutt was super effective*

Sabito collapsed due to a concussion by Tanjiro's head butt

" Sabito!" Makomo said with a worried expression as he collapsed to the ground.

Tanjiro then reattaches Nezuko's head to her body and looked over to Makomo, " It's fine, It's probably just a concussion." Makomo was just filled with worried thoughts, did Tanjiro just knock him out with a headbutt?

Urokodaki then chimed in," Perhaps you both should stay for dinner?"

Some time later...

Sabito was placed on the futon to rest and as he began to wake up he looked at Urokodaki's roof with a faint light from a fire, beside him was Makomo, so as he groaned he asked, " Uhh, How long was I out?"

"About an hour" Makomo answered

"Tanjiro left me unconscious for a whole hour with a head butt?" He asked making a similar face Makomo did when it happened to him.

"Yes" She confirmed with a nod, " And also it seems we will be staying for dinner."

Sabito got up and walked toward the siblings and their former teacher," You know I'm gonna be honest, Your headbutt is scaring me now."

Tanjiro just chuckled and Nezuko made a Hmmph Hmmph sound, ( Bamboo muzzle back on )

"Did you say you forgive me?" Sabito asked," I kind of forgot since I was knocked out."

"You apologized so I do." He said with a smile, "And I head butted you as well but I'm still mad you just sliced Nezuko's head without warning! I actually thought she died."

"Yeah I admit, I did put up to much of a show before." Sabito admitted, "But now that she passed we have accepted her existence, but be warned Tanjiro not other slayers will accept."

"I know, but It'll be alright!" Tanjiro peeked up, "I'll protect my sister no matter what!"

Nezuko just smiled and made "Hmmph Hmmph" noises under her bamboo muzzle along with Sabito and Makomo.

"I guess I need to make you a new mask, Huh Sabito?" Urokodaki asked

"Yeah" Sabito said picking the 2 pieces of his mask that Tanjiro sliced.

"Ne Urokodaki-san, This seems like so much,"Tanjiro pointed out," I know Sabito and Makomo are joining us tonight but this still seems a bit to much, What's the occasion?"

"You have completed your training and your sister has passed the test given by Makomo and Sabito." Urokodaki answered, "Those 2 things calls for a celebration, don't be shy eat up."

"Ah thank you." He said excitingly as he ate the Hot Pot Urokodaki has served.

"What are you 2 doing standing there?" Urokodaki asked," Come and eat up, you have helped him train after all."

The 2 Water Breath users took their bowl and got served as well and the night went on as they enjoyed the moment, meanwhile Nezuko was weirdly mouth watering which is strange as the wound Sabito had already healed and no one was bleeding.

"You know I'm surprised Tanjiro didn't head butt me as well after what I did to you." Makomo said

"Well I don't hold a grudge against you Makomo-san, I understand why you did it."Tanjiro explained with a smile.

"But you hit Sabito." She pointed out

"That's because he attacked Nezuko, Not to mention slicing her neck which scared me." He says eyeing Sabito

"Can we not bring that up anymore?" Sabito said with some embarrassment

"Is that why your sister seems hostile to me?" Makomo asked, "Because I hurt you?"

"Oh I didn't know about that sorry, Makomo-san." Tanjiro said as he made an apologetic gesture

"It's fine, I'll apologize to your sister myself." Makomo said this as she placed her bowl to walk to Nezuko.

"Nezuko?" The aforementioned Demon girl looked up to see Makomo who she was still quite hostile with.

"Mpphm" Nezuko says as she turned her head away from Makomo in disgust.

"I understand why you're mad, I'm sorry I hurt your brother." Makomo bowed as she said this," I was trying to hold back but he kept resisting, but that's not really a good reason. I apologize."

Makomo was somewhat expecting a headbutt like how Tanjiro gave Sabito one but Makomo instead got a hug." So warm, For a demon she feels so warm." She thought as she hugged her back.

"Does this mean I'm forgiven?" Nezuko nodded as comfirmation but also held her pinky out.

" A pinky promise?" She asked

Nezuko nodded

" To think I'd be making a promise with a Demon." She said before joining her pinky with Nezuko's.

Nezuko's stomach than began to grumble. She wanted to eat but Human food would taste like nothing and people were out of the question and while she can retain energy by sleeping she still feels empty in her stomach.

Makomo somewhat felt pity for the girl, she was a demon yes but her urges were quite strong and she was still holding it in despite the pain, and with this Makomo made a huge risk.

Nezuko looked at Makomo who just unsheathed her sword and her eyes widened, this was her demon slaying blade, was she planning on killer her? Thoughts went through Nezuko's mind but then Makomo sliced her own forearm just a little, she flinched but managed to not make a sound.

Nezuko was quite confused at what she did, and more so why she did that, was it her way of apologizing? Nezuko was also holding her urges in.

BLOOD!

No do not try it!

WHY DO YOU HAVE TO RESIST AGAIN!?

This is probably another test, besides I don't know what'll happen if I-

Makomo then looked at the Demon and asked," I'm going to give you some of my blood."

Nezuko now was confused and shocked.

"It's fine, just promise not to take to much ok." Makomo said with a smile

With Makomo saying that her urges grew stronger and her mouth was now on Makomo's arm in an instant.

Out of habit Makomo let out a scream which made the others worried. " Makomo what's wron-" Sabito asked before looking at what had happened. Everyones eyes widened as they saw Nezuko's mouth on Makomo's arm, " Nezuko! What are you doing get of-" Tanjiro said but was interrupted

" Its fine, I offered to give her some." Makomo explained

" Makomo, Why did you-" Sabito asked confused and worried

" I don't know, I guess I just felt bad she had to endure it for so long." Right as she said this Nezuko got herself together and separated her lips from Makomo's hand.

Her mouth was bloodied and she was in utter shock on what she did. Sabito could be seen ready to unsheathe his sword and Nezuko saw this and....... She bowed down for forgiveness.

" Nezuko?" Makomo called and she was caught by surprise as Nezuko was asking for forgiveness while making cute noises hiccupping on the blood.

Makomo smiled," You're a good girl, Thanks for not taking that much." She said this as she patted her head.

This feeling.......... So warm

" Are you going to kill her?" He asked turning to Sabito," She's eaten a human now so-"

" She drank Human blood, But Makomo is still standing there alive and well. We'll have to patch that wound but It was Makomo who offered it, Your sister did nothing wrong."Sabito explained as he sheathed his sword back," And the fact that she was still able to control herself enough to take a step back from her shows that she still has her Humanity"

Tanjiro felt relieved. He thought with her sister drinking human blood she would be killed for sure but thank god that wasn't the case. As they patched Makomo's wound everyone went back to dinner.

" Makomo, while I admire your kindness towards Nezuko that was still a very high risk." Urokodaki scolded

"I know, I apologize for worrying everyone." Makomo bowed her head in an apologetic manner and smiles

Dinner continued. Makomo and Sabito decided to stay the night tonight as it was already late and they had no calls for a mission anyway.

" Ne Urokodaki-san, are there any scissors?" Tanjiro asked

"Yes, why do you need them?" The Tengu masked man asked

" I want to cut my hair it's gotten really long." He answered

" They're in the drawer, go ahead and get them."

" I could help you cut them if you'd like." Makomo chimed in," I always do it for Sabito and Giyu so this shouldn't be a problem."

" Ah, Thanks Makomo-san."

As Makomo cuts Tanjiro's hair Urokodaki watched in awe as the red haired boy was enjoying the moment. " Tanjiro, I can't do anything for you anymore. From now on you will face hardship and strife, The training you've had for the past 2 years would feel like nothing in comparison,.... So for now at least enjoy the last 3 months without a care in the world." He thought to himself

" Hey, Tanjiro...." Urokodaki called

" Yes?" The red haired boy responded

" How was the Hot Pot we had for dinner, was it delicious?" Urokodaki asked

" Yes, It was!" Tanjiro said with a smile," I haven't had a feast like that in a long time."

Urokodaki let out a chuckle, "A young boy like you with a hearty appetite should get stronger the more he eats as well as grow bigger in size, but that goes for Demons as well."

The 2 former students now had a saddening face as they remembered that demon.

"Remember this,"Urokodaki said to Tanjiro," A Demon is as strong as how many people it's devoured"

"So the more people they eat the more they get stronger?" Tanjiro asked

"Yes, that is right." Urokodaki confirmed," There are demons who gain power to be able to transform their bodies, and others can use spells called Blood Demon Arts and they possess super natural abilities.

"Blood Demon Art?" Tanjiro wondered

They're the spells that some demons can use, Sabito chimed in, When you pass Final Selection you'll be seeing these demons around, Each Blood Demon Art is different in their own way as well, but you won't encounter these types of Demons in Final Selection."

"Hey, You know Nezuko isn't like other demons,"Tanjiro pointed out" is it because of the Watchamicallit art?"

"No I don't think that's the case," Urokodaki answered," I may be guessing here but I think Nezuko is sleeping to regain energy to compensate for Human flesh. At least until Makomo gave some of her blood."

"She was still able to control herself though, I'm happy" Makomo said with a smile.

Sabito then went to her ear and whispered," Don't worry me like that again! please."

"I won't, Sorry for worrying you." she responded

"She did sleep for whole years Tanjiro." Sabito pointed out," It would make sense."

"I guess you're right." Tanjiro replied

"Speaking of which I should probably advice that you train more after this Tanjiro." Sabito said," Despite the name Final selection is really the starting point but that doesn't make it easy, There will still be challenges in there you need to face, I will help you all I can, go it?"

"Understood!" Tanjiro said

"Right, now................ I'll wait till M akomo's done with your hair." He said sitting down.

Makomo let out a little giggle at this.

Later that night...

After Makomo finished cutting his hair and Sabito explaining what to expect like water, locations of food, some safe spots they all went to sleep.

And Nezuko had a talk with her other self in her sleep.

The taste of blood, It was so good! Even for just a moment, wish I could have more.

*Nezuko was silent*

Now, what did you say before? About stopping me from drinking blood.

I guess I let this one slide since she was offering it.

Oh the irony, just wait until you lost control and disappear. Though I will miss you a little.

My question is why did you give up so easily? I know I'm stronger in control but at the last second it was like you gave me control, what was that all about?

Well...... There are 2 Demon Slayers nearby, knowing I killed someone they will kill us without hesitation, but I do still want blood so........ opportunity taken.

Point taken I guess.

Like I said, you won't hold for long.

We'll just have to see.

Meanwhile Tanjiro tried to sleep but couldn't, that stunt Makomo pulled really left a mark on him, he wondered what would happen if Nezuko actually killed her. Through pure luck she was able to hold back but it still worried the Red Haired boy.

"Nezuko, I'm glad you were able to hold onto it but, I'm still worried you're going to lose yourself soon." He thought, After awhile he decided to go outside to watch the stars for a while only to find Sabito on the roof doing the same.

"Sabito-san?, What are you doing here?" The red haired boy asked

"Shouldn't you be sleeping?" Sabito asked as well as Tanjiro got on the roof.

"Can't sleep, with everything that happened just now, you know". Tanjiro answered," But, What ere you doing here?"

"Just reminiscing" Sabito answered

"Reminiscing?" Tanjiro repeated with his head tilted," On what?"

"Final Selection" He answered," It's been a while since I survived that place, and I did at one moment, almost die." Tanjiro turned his head towards Sabito

"How was Final Selection?" Tanjiro asked," For you at least."

"I'm not going to lie for the person I am now I could easily beat the final selection, but..." Sabito stopped as he remembered the time he almost died." It was difficult back then since I still lack the experiences, and Final Selection is meant for newcomers, but to be fair I did make it hard on myself..."

"What do you mean?"

"I was foolish at the time, I vowed to protect everyone in the Final Selection." Sabito explained

"And...did you fail that vow?"

"Oh well some died but most of them survived so I guess you could say I didn't quite fail it."

"So you saved everyone?" The eldest Kamado said perking up," That's amazing!"

"Not really.... Almost everyone I saved at Final Selection is dead now," Sabito said as he looked down," The only one I remember being with me at Final Selection was Giyu."

"Still I think it's great you were able to save almost everyone during Final Selection."

"Yeah I know." He replied," I don't regret saving them but Slayers are meant to be the stronger ones, If they are the ones getting protected then whats the point? I put my life on the line only for them to go in battle and die."

"Why don't slayers just protect each other?" Tanjiro asked, "I mean I know that even some people will die but if you have someone watching your back wouldn't it be more effective?"

Sabito's eyes just widened at this, "And if The Corps has a few hundred members, if one slayer can protect the people than 2 could protect the people and each other right?"

"..."

Silence followed sue for a few seconds followed by Sabito heartily laughing.

"That is quite naïve" Sabito said between chuckles," Numbers won't be enough to defeat demons Tajiro."

"But it will help" Tanjiro pointed out," And I know it won't save everyone but I do think that it would help to know someone's watching your back, and besides cooperation is important isn't it?"

Sabito stopped his chuckles and pats Tanjiro's head," I guess you do have a point there, I'll think about mentioning it in the next Pillar meeting."

"Pillar meeting?" Tanjiro questioned

"Right, you don't know." Sabito then perked up," A 'Pillar' is the title given to the best of the best of the Demon Slayers, I hold the title of the Water Pillar and Giyu is my Tsugoku, My successor."

"Really?"

"Yes," Sabito answered," but to be honest his skills are at Pillar Level already, he even made a new form of the water breath, but he can't be the Water Pillar unless I retire or die, but I have been preparing him."

"Oh, I see" The scarred boy said looking down.

"Tanjiro, I want you to be careful during the selection," Sabito said now with a serious tone," Most Demon Slayers don't get long lives and I was foolish back then that I almost died, Help others but don't put your life over theirs, ok?"

"Ok" Tanjiro said with his face now up.

" Do you wanna see the form Giyu made?"

"Sure!"

Both got down from the roof and took wooden swords to spar and went a little further from the house so they won't wake up anyone. It was like the duel back at the boulder. Tanjiro ran up to Sabito first but unlike last time Sabito didn't move then he muttered the words

Total Concentration, Water Breathing, Eleventh Form:.....

As he said those words waves of water were surrounding him.

Tanjiro was close, he jumped to strike Sabito....... Dead Calm.

The wavy water then suddenly became calm as if untouched.

Sabito disappeared as Tanjiro struck.

"What was that? I didn't even feel my sword touching him." Tanjiro thought as he looked behind Sabito was still there.

"I didn't tell you to stop" Tanjiro when he heard this struck again and again but none of his attacks hit him.

"What do you think?" Sabito asked

"That was awesome," Tanjiro perked up as he praised Sabito," Can you teach me how to do that?"

"You're not there yet, sorry." Sabito said breaking the spirit of the young boy, "Don't worry you'll get there soon."

"Right, Sabito-san need to ask you something. 2 things actually"

"What do you need?" Sabito asked.

"Well first, Why did you and Makomo help me?" The red haired teen asked

" I dunno", Sabito answered," I guess we kind of see each other in you in a way."

"I am Urokodaki's student, just like you were." The young Kamado pointed out. Both gave a laugh.

"Maybe its also because I was bored and wanted something to do in my free time, I could train Giyu but he doesn't really need it anymore." He blatantly admitted.

"Even so, I do have to thank you, for training me of course and letting Nezuko live." 

"It's alright, no need to thank me, so what's the next question?"

"Well, why didn't Urokodaki-san want me to join?"

Sabito flinched before he immediately answered on why his master was reluctant on sending him.

" There is a demon in Final Selection that holds a grudge against Urokodaki-san," Sabito explained," He vowed to kill every one of his students. Me and Makomo almost died because of him, we survived but we came home with our masks broken and swords gone."

"I see.... Will I have to face that demon." Tanjiro asked

"Quite possibly, Sabito admitted, "But here is some words of advice, You don't need to kill any demons to pass Final Selection just try and survive. I suggest running when you see that Demon, but there is the fact that you can use 2 breathing techniques, that makes you stand out. You might stand a chance but I thought I did to and almost died, listen Tanjiro if you see this demon only fight it when necessary, please..... Urokodaki-san doesn't want to see another child die because of him."

Tanjiro then frowned as he heard this, Urokodaki was trying to save him from whatever this demon is, he was scared he would lose him. But now that he sliced the boulder there is no turning back, he has to take it and survive to return to Nezuko and Urokodaki.

"Wait what does the demon even look like?" Tanjiro asked

"I don't know," He half heartily admitted," It's been a while, but it has something to do with hands, it's also incredible huge, just don't engage it unless you were given no choice."

"I will, and I'll try and survive Sabito-san." Tanjiro said

"Don't say try, You will survive and that's final." Sabito said grabbing him on the shoulders.

"Understood!" He said in a high tone voice

The two talked for a bit more before Tanjiro let out a yawn.

"Get some sleep now, you still need to train tomorrow."

"Ok." And with that Tanjiro went back to sleep and Sabito continued to watch the stars.

"Speaking of which I do have a question myself." Sabito added.

"Oh?" Tanjiro said as he turned around," Ok what is it?"

"That breathing technique, where did you learn it?" Sabito asked

"Well it's been in my family for generations." Tanjiro explained," So I don't know where it really came from, sorry."

Sabito then looked down in disappointment and looked back up," It's fine, Now get some rest you'll need to train tomorrow."

Tanjiro went back and Sabito then sat at the ground to continue reminiscing the stars." Perhaps I do need to ask Oyakoto-sama."

The Next Morning

The next day Sabito and Makomo left the house once again, with Tanjiro and Urokodaki waving goodbye the two were off. Then Tanjiro remembered something.

"Ne... Urokodaki-san," Urokodaki turned his head towards Tanjiro," I just remembered tomorrow is New Year's, I plan on doing a Family tradition on the mountains, would you like to watch?"

"Sure thing my boy," Urokodaki replied," What's the tradition?"

"It's a Kagura Dance, I need to do it from Sunset to Sunrise." Tanjiro explained

"On the mountains?," Urokodaki said in shock," Are you sure you're going to be fine?"

Yes I'll follow Dad's Breathing Techniques, though I kinda wish Nezuko could Join in as well, but when sunrise approaches she'll burn.

"I think I know a shady plot in the mountain where you can do it," Urokodaki said," I am rather curious about this Kagura Dance."

"Great!, I can't wait to show you Urokodaki-san."

"Enjoy your moments Tanjiro, At least for now don't have a care in the world." Were the words that played in Urokodaki's head as he sees the happy boy.

That night...

Nezuko still remembered the Dance and she was willing to do it that night, she was jumping and making noises like a little child in excitement, the 2 got dressed and use the wooden swords Urokodaki had lying around and as the Sun Sets, It was time to dance.

The Dance itself was beautiful, It was like seeing them as the Sun God themselves, And oddly enough Urokodaki could see what Makomo and Sabito was coming from, The movements oddly look like sword forms. Urokodaki then remembered that Giyu also said Nezuko could use the breathing technique to. He was thinking about training Nezuko. And Nezuko was as graceful as her brother was in the cold, and even Tanjiro was still dancing in this cold thin air.

Since she passed Sabito's test and managed to control herself from drinking more of Makomo's blood she would also be an excellent swordsman as well as long as she's in control.

The man just kept watching the 2 Teenagers danced all night until it was morning, Nezuko was in the shade so she didn't burn and both siblings were now done with the dance," That was quite a dance." Urokodaki praised them both

"Thank you Urokodaki-san," Tanjiro said," I'm so proud to that my sister even a demon could still dance."

Nezuko let out a hmmph hmmph

Urokodaki then came up to the 2 and asked," Tanjiro would you like me to train your sister?"

Both eyes widened in shock. "What? But she's a demon."

"Yes, but if I remember she can use the Breathing technique as well, since you've already managed the forms you can teach your sister the forms and I could teach her in combat and other ways. What do you say?" As Urokodaki said this Tanjiro looked at his sister and his mentor.

"Nezuko," Tanjiro called her and she turned her head towards him," Do you want to be trained?" Nezuko gave a nod

"Urokodaki-san, please train my sister." Tanjiro said as he bowed down.

"While I don't think they will accept a slayer that is a demon, I can train her to fight so that she can defend herself and attack demons as well." Urokodaki then patted Nezuko on the head," Your training begins tomorrow night, Kamado Nezuko."

=====================

Tanjiro: Man I was shocked when Sabito-san did that.

Nezuko: Mppm Hmmph

Tanjiro: Well Now Final Selection is in 3 months, I'll keep my Promise to Sabito and stay alive and train more.

Nezuko: *sad Nezuko noises*

Tanjiro: Don't worry Nezuko I'll be fine, besides when I pass we both will be able to fight together, especially with Urokodaki-san training you now.

Nezuko: *Happy Nezuko Noises*

Tanjiro: Now time for a Taisho secret: Why does Urokodaki-san wear a mask? Some say that he looked to kind and the demons were laughing at him so he wears a mask.

Nezuko: Hmmph Hmmph.

Tanjiro: Right Next Chapter: Final Selection

===========================================

Hello Dear Reader, If you are wondering I published the part where Nezuko *dies* first and just left it like that, the new parts are here, some parts are inspired by Blade of Demon Salvation Fanfiction but I tried adding my taste into it. Anyway, Wait till Final Selection trust me, and boy do I have plans for Nezuko, A Demon Breath user, No one has ever thought of that

...........

UUUuuh...

Ok see ya later I don't know who this guy is...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

191K 6K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...
894K 41.3K 175
𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
223K 5.3K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
509K 31.6K 95
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...