Assault With a Deadly Weapon...

By flickrsunflwr28

The head and the heart, an exhausted rivalry of human psychology. When forced with a choice between logic and... More

Intro//Author's Note
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.*
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.*
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33*.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.*
40.
41.
42.
43.*
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.*
51.
52.
53.
54.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.*
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
80* + Epilogue

55*

6.3K 143 736
By flickrsunflwr28

Song recommendation: Sour Diesel by Zayn , and Sparks by Coldplay (you'll know when to play it)

Hey guess what?

SMUT!

You know the drill, if you know me, no. You. Do. Not.

Thanks :)
-

"What did you do?" Niall's jaw was clenched as I stood in front of him, breathless.

"Harry that fucking narc!" I exclaimed.

Niall gave me a look.

"Yeah we're all narcs technically, but he's the worst!" I rubbed my forehead in exasperation. "Look Ni I was going to tell you literally right now but-"

"But you didn't trust me so you told Harry first." He nodded.

"No! That's not it at all!" I shook my head. "Who told you that?"

"Harry." Niall gestured to his phone with a blank expression on his face. "He said you were scared to tell me so you went to him to have him on your side."

"What? No!"

"Well then why didn't you tell me first?" He crossed his arms.

"Because I didn't think it was that important!" I defended myself. "I was going to tell you eventually, I was just scared!"

"Scared?" He furrowed his eyebrows. "Scared of what?"

I hesitated, not wanting to say what I was thinking.

"Scared of what, Ophelia?" He said in a more threatening tone.

"You." I said quietly.

"Me?" He put a hand to his chest, sounding so offended. "You were scared of me?"

"I was scared that you would be angry." I wouldn't make eye contact with him, it was too much. "I didn't want to fight."

"I wouldn't fight! Are you crazy? I just want you to be honest with me! You're so quick to assume things!"

"Niall, you're arguing with me now!" I exclaimed. "This is exactly what I didn't want to happen! We both have such short tempers that no matter what I did, you were going to get angry!"

"I'm not angry!"

"Have you seen yourself? You're shouting at me! This is why I was scared! I hate this!" I cried in frustration.

Something in his eyes shifted.

"This is out of character for you." He pursed his lips. "Ophelia Carter. Sick of fighting? I never thought I'd hear that from you."

"Yeah well it's exhausting, because I love you now, so why would I want to argue with you? It's just really hard to agree with you when you're so fucking stubborn. You didn't even give me a chance Niall." I shook my head.

"What are you talking about?' He squinted.

"You decided to believe Harry before letting me explain." I gave him a sad look. "What's up with that?"

"I trust Harry. He's my best friend."

"He's also notoriously dramatic and sneaky." I told him. "What about me?"

"Notoriously spontaneous and reckless." He raised an eyebrow.

"This is what we talked about Niall." I shook my head. "I'm young, I'm new, but I'm not stupid."

He sighed and shook his head, sitting down on the couch.

"I'm sorry." He looked up at me. "Would you explain what happened? I'm ready to listen."

"Ah fuck." I rolled my eyes.

"What?!" He gave me a confused look.

"You always do this." I laughed. "You apologize, you say you love me and you trust me, but do your actions ever really change? You're still so wary of trusting me. You can't just sweet talk your way out of this."

"Come sit down." He sighed.

"Why, so that you can make up some sort of excuse for why you don't trust me that makes you sound like the good guy? Because you're so morally perfect and you've never done a bad thing to anyone in your life?" I frowned.

"No, so that I can talk to you face to face, and so that we can work this out." He said calmly. "Sit down Ophelia."

I sat beside him, not because I was giving in, but because I really didn't want to fight with him anymore.

"What do you expect me to say here?" I was so done with him.

"Why don't you think I trust you?" He asked. "What would be my reason for not trusting you?"

"I'm younger than you, I've never worked a big case, and you're smarter than me." I listed the reasons.

"Nope." He shook his head. "That's not it. I think very highly of you."

"I would fucking hope so."

"I just have control issues." He looked at me. "I grew up thinking that if I didn't do something myself, that it would get done wrong. This is my problem, and you're right. I need to trust you, because there's no future for us if I can't treat you like the genius you are."

No future for us.

That was the most terrifying phrase I'd ever heard come out of his mouth.

"Niall all I want is for you to-"

"Trust you. I know. I'm trying, I really am, but to be fair, you're so spontaneous. It's hard to keep up with."

"I'm a little reckless, sure, but not without thinking through every possible outcome." I shook my head. "I would never do something if I knew that it would put you, or Harry, or the case, in danger."

"But what about you? You don't think about your own safety."

"I know what I can handle."

"But what can I handle?" He gave me a look. A sad look, a plea. "What happens to me if you die? This is what you were scared of all along Ophelia. You didn't want to have me close because you were scared of how much I'd miss you if you were gone. Remember that? If you can't do it for yourself, do it for me."

I noticed the twinge of panic in his voice. He needed to be in control, and I was out of control. We were a bunch of idiots.

"I need to be better." I nodded. "I'm sorry."

"No, I'm sorry." He shook his head.

"I'll be more careful." I promised him.

"And I'll start giving you some space to work. You're not a kid. You're intelligent, thoughtful, and hot as fuck."

"Way to ruin the moment." I suppressed the smirk on my face.

"Come here." He held his arms open.

I let him engulf me in a forgiving embrace. He'd never hugged me after a fight like this. He held me tightly, letting me know how sorry he was. I was sorry too. I should've told him first. He's my partner, on the case and in life. He deserved to know what I was getting myself into.

"I love you." I reminded him quietly.

"I love you too firefly." He planted a big kiss on my cheek, making me giggle. It wasn't like me to giggle, ever. But something about Niall made me blush like a little girl.

I pulled away from him, feeling better about the situation.

"Now, can you explain what you told Julian?" Niall asked.

I nodded and explained the truce to him. I knew that he wasn't thrilled about it, but he was willing to help me, and that was all that I needed from him. He was truly the best I could ask for.

A few days later was the night of the Halloween ball. Despite being a costume party, there weren't going to be any children. Atticus and Selena were taking Brielle out trick or treating, and I knew that Felicity was shitting her pants because she was scared to let her girl out on her own. I would be scared too, knowing what kind of shit Atticus has done.

No kids, more drinks. More drinks, happier Philly.

"Are you sure about this?" I held up my costume on the hanger in front of Niall in the bathroom.

"Yes. One hundred percent." He nodded as he attempted to style his hair in the mirror.

"Will anyone even know who we're supposed to be? Because these could just be costumes on their own." I examined the white dress in front of me.

"I'm sure at least one of them has seen Romeo and Juliet. Especially the nineties version. This is perfect Philly."

"It's an angel costume." My shoulders slumped. I paced around in my white lacy lingerie that Niall had insisted I wear. "It's so... mundane."

"Would you stop pacing around like that and put on your dress?" He huffed, trying to focus on himself in the mirror.

"Yeah whatever." I took the dress off the hanger and slipped it on. I reached my arms back to zip it up but I couldn't reach the spot where the zipper started. "Niall?"

"Hm?" He looked at me. "Oh, need help?"

"Yeah." I walked over to him. I turned around and let him zip me up. I kind of wish he had been doing the opposite. I guess he thought the same. He grabbed my hips and pulled them back into his own. I felt something growing hard in his pants. I let out a breath, feeling the butterflies in my stomach trip up on some sort of acid. I looked back at him, gathering my hair over one shoulder. "Do you need help?" I smirked.

He leaned against the sink, staring at me, no doubt imagining what he wanted to do to me. His hands were held firmly on my hips, holding the flowy white dress close to my skin. His touch felt like fire against my covered skin.

I wanted him to burn me.

"How much time have we got?" His eyes lowered, then crawled back up my figure, a sly smile playing on his lips.

"Who said we had to show up on time?" I pressed further back into his hips, feeling the blood rush to my cheeks.

"It would be rude if we didn't." He teased.

"We owe them nothing." I put my hands on his, just the touch of his skin made my knees weak.

"Mmm you read my mind." He brought his mouth dangerously close to my skin. "You look stunning in this dress." His lips dragged down the side of my neck, slowly, like he wanted me to wait. "I wish I could rip it off."

My heart jumped into my throat. Niall was always good at the talk, but tonight, after I'd already gotten into the wine, I felt nervous, and flustered by his comments.

"What's the matter little firefly?" He whispered. "Someone got your tongue?"

I let out a shaky breath.

"Do I make you nervous?" His hands wandered from my hips, down my thighs, forcing me to bend forwards slightly, his kisses searing into my skin. Good god he knew what he was doing. "Don't be nervous." His voice was low. "Remember who was the one that put me in handcuffs?"

I let out a quiet laugh. He peppered a few more kisses into my neck while he laughed too.

"I never would've let another girl do that by the way." He mentioned. "I'll let you see me at my worst any day, Philly girl."

"I definitely don't think that was your worst." I said through still shaky breaths.

"You liked that, didn't you?" His tongue made contact with my skin, making me shiver. "You liked being in control didn't you?"

"I didn't feel bad." I admitted. "I was terribly angry with you though Mr. Horan."

"Hmmm..." He moaned as I moved against his hips. "All I could picture afterwards was being able to tie you up, Miss Carter."

"God don't call me that." I shook my head.

"What would you prefer?" He took the soft skin of my ear between his teeth. "Would you like Mrs. Kennedy instead?"

"Don't test me, Horan." My heart pounded in my chest.

"Mhm." He laughed while kissing the back of my neck. "Seriously though, if we'd had more time, the ropes would be out. I'd be calling you my slut."

"Oh wow." I breathed.

"You like that name better?" His hands pulled the fabric of the dress up over my hips.

"I like Philly just fine." My mouth dropped open as his fingers moved the lacy underwear to the side. I held the dress up, clenching the fabric between my white knuckles.

"I feel like we could get more creative. Angel? You've got the wings." His finger made circles around my clit, making my knees weak.

"Overdone." I tried to keep my composure.

"Princess?"

"No." I breathed.

"Love?" He slipped a finger inside me, I let out a gasp of pleasure.

"No." My voice was shaky.

"Hm." His finger pumped in and out at a steady rhythm. "Dear?" He slipped in a second finger.

"Niall." I groaned, letting my head fall back onto his shoulder, closing my eyes.

"That's a bit narcissistic don't you think?" He joked while letting his free hand travel up to my neck, wrapping his fingers around it in a firm grip. I let out a moan that left my mouth open. I could barely keep myself together. "I know you love being called firefly." He slipped a third finger inside me. I gladly welcomed it with a groan. My hips were moving against his, causing his breathing to get a little heavier.

"I like firefly." I managed to squeak out.

"I knew it." He looked at me, my head resting back on him, my bottom lip hanging loose, letting my breath out easily. Niall saw that lip and took it as an opportunity. He latched onto my lips and kissed me like he'd never kissed me before. He was so intense, so passionate. It was like he was fighting for my affection. He already had it. He had all of it. I was his. I belonged to him, and only him.

"We should finish getting ready." I pulled away.

"No." He went back in for the kiss. I didn't mind. I didn't really want to get going anyway. His fingers started moving faster inside me once I'd gotten used to them. I let out heavy breaths. His hand around my throat only added to the attraction I felt towards him. It caused the blood to rush to my head in the best way possible. He was hitting every spot just right. It was getting hard for me to stand, my knees were getting weak. "Just come for me once and then we'll see." He whispered in my ear.

I felt the pressure building up in my stomach, the feeling of his fingers inside me was so good. I moved my hips against his hand, helping him hit the best spots. He pumped faster, making me let out louder moans. His hand pressed against my neck, adding a sense of security. The feeling of his body pressed up against mine was amazing.

As he curled his fingers inside of me I felt my legs get weak, my body started shaking, and I let out a cry of pleasure.

"Fuck." Niall cursed as I fell apart around him.

He guided me through the climax, taking his fingers out and rubbing my clit, letting me come down from the high. His hand moved away from my neck, down to my hips again.

"Holy-" I breathed, leaning back into him. He tried his best to keep me stable and standing. He smiled at me and pressed a few kisses just below my ear.

"You want to get ready now?" He asked in a low, sweet, voice.

"No." I shook my head, still letting out breaths of warm air.

"No?" Niall laughed in surprise. "Mmkay, I can make that work."

He turned me around, letting me look at myself in the mirror. Thank god I didn't have my makeup on yet, because I knew it would've been running down my face.

"Bend over." He demanded.

I looked back at him with a shocked look on my face.

"You heard me." He raised an eyebrow.

"Oh so you think you can just boss me around now hey?" I leaned forwards onto the sink.

"Only because I know you'll like it." I watched in the mirror as he undid his pants. "This dress is totally in the way though."

"That's a shame." I bit down onto my lip as he took out his hard cock and jerked it off for a few seconds, getting himself ready. "You know I could've done that for you." I muttered.

"I know you could've, but we're in a rush babe. Maybe later." His breath was airy and tough. "Pull that dress up darling."

I followed his directions and pulled my white flowing dress over my hips, exposing myself to Niall. He looked at me in the mirror with a devilish grin plastered on his face. It made me think. How the hell did I get here? How the hell did I go from hating this man's entire existence, to getting railed by him in the bathroom of a mafia house. I was a lucky girl.

"Nice and easy baby." He said smoothly as he guided himself into me.

"Nice and easy?" I spoke through the gasp I let in. "That's not your style."

"We'll work up." His hips moved, thrusting in and out. "I'm a well rounded guy."

"Shut up." I felt my heart beating in two places as I felt him sliding in and out of me. My back arched as his hands ran all over my body. Just the feeling of him being there was enough.

"You don't want me to talk to you?" He whined in my ear, leaning over me, planting a kiss on my shoulder.

"I want you to go harder." I replied breathlessly.

"Oh yeah?" He pulled out slowly. "I can go harder." His hips slammed into mine, making me let out a single heavy breath.

"Good." I gripped onto my dress, trying not to scream every time he pushed into me. He was moving slowly, but his thrusts were powerful. He knew exactly what he was doing.

"Fuck Ophelia." He grunted, keeping a steady grip on my waist under the dress. His big calloused hands pressed against my skin, keeping me in place so I didn't hurt myself against the sink. He was so intense, yet so gentle at the same time.

I glanced in the mirror, watching as his hips moved in a perfect rhythm. His jaw was clenched, his eyes were focused on what he was doing, watching my body take him, and his previously styled hair was falling out of place. I could see his muscles flexing through the long sleeved grey shirt he was wearing as part of his costume.

He noticed me watching him, and made eye contact with me through the reflection. His eyes were sparkling with adoration, and the corners of his mouth were upturned in a cocky grin. He was so egotistical, but I've grown to love that about him. It was hot, you know, how he found himself hot. It helped. It really did.

As I took every inch of him I could feel my thighs wanting to squeeze together, my legs started to shake. My stomach began to contract.

"Oh are you going to come?" Niall laughed, pounding into me, making me whimper. "Can't even talk, poor thing."

Fuck.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

I gripped onto the dress, dropping my head down as I felt the orgasm consume me. I let out noises that I never thought I would. Niall's hands stroked my hair.

"That's it. Good girl." He leaned forwards again, whispering in my ear.

He pulled out of me and I immediately flipped around to kiss him. It was almost like a thank you, for doing so well. He was caught off guard by it, but as I pushed myself onto him, melting into his lips, he brought his arm around my waist and used the other one to brace my head. He dipped me backwards, pressing deeper into the kiss, making my heart beat faster and faster. His tongue took control and explored my mouth with a sort of passion that I'd never seen from him.

I moved my hands away from his hips and onto his cock. He pulled away from the kiss with dark eyes, he was out of breath, and his lips were swollen and pink.

"Let me help you out, Romeo." I whispered, stroking his cock as his eyes locked with mine.

"Don't look away." He muttered, almost in a trance-like state.

I kept eye contact as I jerked him off. He was already throbbing with my hand around him. He was so close. His hand caressed my face, his thumb brushing over my bottom lip. He wanted to kiss me, but I knew he liked eye contact even more.

His lips were parted, letting out heavy breaths. His arm muscles tensed up while I stroked his cock. He leaned his forehead against mine, keeping the intense eye contact. His cock twitched in my hand, and suddenly, with a moan, followed by a heavy sigh, Niall finished, luckily avoiding my dress.

"Fuck." He closed his eyes.

"Are you going to kiss me or not?" I stared down at his lips, wanting nothing more than to kiss him.

"Mhm." He replied, already pressing his lips to mine. I was so in love with this man. His kisses felt like heaven. He pulled away, looking at me with his beautiful ocean blue eyes. "We should probably get cleaned up."

"We'll be fashionably late." I let out a soft laugh.

"Late and horny." He smiled. "Everything I was in high school."

"Oh shut up." I hit him playfully with my clean hand.

I washed my hand off in the sink, and Niall cleaned himself up too.

We finished getting ready together in the bathroom, doing our own thing, but glancing at each other every so often in attempts to get a smile out of the other person. Considering we were in such a shitty situation, this was the best it's ever felt.

I had curled my hair so that it looked a little more 'angel-like' than it did normally. I put on glowy makeup. I'd gotten much better at putting on makeup after watching Jo and Dani do it so many times.

It didn't take Niall long to get ready at all. Lucky boys. All they had to do was make sure they smelled nice and looked presentable. How come Niall wasn't expected to have long fluttery eyelashes? Stupid jerk.

Although I looked at that stupid jerk and wondered if he could get any prettier.

"Are you ready?" He asked, pulling on his suit of armour that Romeo wore in the movie.

"I just need help with the wings." I nodded, standing up from the vanity after I'd finished my makeup.

"Will they fit in the vehicle?" He wondered.

"I'm sure they will." I nodded, picking up the feather wings. They were huge, but Niall's vehicle was big too. It would be fine.

I walked up to Niall and handed him the wings. I turned around and let him clip the wings onto my back. He moved my hair to the side, pressed a kiss to my neck, and turned me back around to face him.

"You are so beautiful." He looked down at me.

"Thank you." I felt my face get red hot. I covered it with my hands, trying not to show my embarrassment.

"Still nervous?" Niall laughed. "God Ophelia how many times do I have to fuck you before you take my compliments?"

"I'm sorry." I couldn't look up.

"It's okay babe." He pressed a kiss to my forehead. "It's nice to know I still have an effect on you."

"We've already been dating for three months. At this point I don't think I'll ever be able to play it cool." I laughed nervously.

"No need to play it cool with me. I like it steaming hot."

"Oh my god!" I threw my head back and laughed. "You are so stupid."

"And you still love me for it."

"I do." I kissed his cheek. He didn't have to bend down at all since I was wearing heels. It was perfect. "We should get going."

"I guess we should."

The ride to the venue was nice and quiet. I held Niall's hand in my lap as he drove with one hand. He was a good enough driver that he didn't need his other hand, I didn't want to let go anyway. He was humming along to a song playing in his head. I kept the radio volume down so I could hear him sing, even if it was distracted, and half-hearted. He didn't seem to notice.

"Write any new songs lately?" I wondered, breaking our comfortable silence.

"Does it look like I've had time to sit down and think about my music, Ophelia?" He rolled his eyes.

"I know, I know, just joking." I patted the top of his hand to settle him down. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah... well- no. Not really."

"Do tell, Detective Horan." I looked at him. "What's on your mind?"

"I'm not sure." He shook his head. "I just have a gut feeling. These events never turn out well."

"You're right." I nodded. "But I think we can handle it."

"I don't know babe." He let out a nervous breath. "I don't have a weapon, no vests, no backup. If something goes wrong, shit is going to hit the fan, and we're alone."

He was right.

"Nothing will happen. Not if I can help it." I squeezed his hand.

"You can't control everything."

"But I can try." I gave him a small smile.

"Just... promise me you'll be careful. Please?" There was fear in his eyes.

"Of course." I nodded. "I'll be with you the whole time."

And I was with him the whole time....

...for the most part.

We walked into the party, incredibly late. Rich assholes were already drunk and dancing in front of the stage as if they had no reputation and nobody was watching them. Niall and I were watching though. We were watching in horror. Pierre and Florence Roach should not have been dancing like that at their age.

"If we ever dance like that when we're that old, shoot me." Niall muttered to me as we stared.

"I probably would've killed myself already at that point." I replied.

"Kennedy's!" I heard Dani call from behind us.

We flipped around to see both Daniella and Harry dressed up. Dani was pretty much wearing lingerie, but it made sense with her costume. She was a playboy bunny. She wore fishnet tights, a black lacy bodysuit, and a bunny ear headband. Harry, who looked absolutely miserable, was Hugh Hefner. He wore the red silk robe, had a fake cigar, and wore the captain's hat. He obviously wasn't much of a costume guy.

"Look at you!" I laughed.

"Hugh," Dani gestured to Harry. "And his playmate!" She turned around, showing off her bunny tail.

Eyes to yourself Niall. Eyes to yourself.

"I would much rather have seen you as the bunny, Reilly." Niall laughed at Harry.

"Go fuck yourself." He shook his head in annoyance.

I currently wasn't speaking to Harry about non-case related topics because of his loose tongue. He snitched on me to Niall before I even got home. His trust in me was obviously faulty. We needed to talk, but I wasn't going to do that at a party, in front of everyone. So for now, he got the silent treatment.

"You know, I thought you two would come in a couples costume, considering you're so close with each other." Dani made a weird face at us. "You'd think you guys would want people to know you're together. A knight and an angel are cute though, don't get me wrong-"

"See Nate!" I exclaimed to him. "I told you nobody would know who we are!"

"Alex knows who we are for sure." He looked at Harry. "Right?"

"Tin man and Celine Dion with wings." Harry stated. He was obviously messing with us.

"We're Romeo and Juliet you dickwad!" Niall exclaimed.

"He knows." I calmed Niall down. "He's just being a grump."

"Yeah I'm not sure what's gotten into him. He's been in a mood lately." Dani shook her head.

"Maybe he's having digestive issues. I told him to lean off dairy once." Niall suggested. "He's got no willpower though. He loves cheese."

"You know I'm right here?" Harry gave us judgemental looks. "Shut up."

"Then cheer up." Niall countered. "It's fucking halloween."

"I'm going to go get a drink." He sighed. "Want anything Nate?"

"I'll have a Guiness." He looked at me. "What do you want?"

"I-"

Harry was already gone. Asshole.

"I'll get you something." Niall shook his head, disappointed in Harry's immaturity. My silent treatment wasn't immature, it was necessary. I wasn't putting anyone in danger. Styles was being overdramatic. Niall started walking to the bar.

"I'm coming with you." I caught up to him, leaving Dani alone at her table. She seemed to be fine with it.

"You really aren't leaving my side?" He grabbed my hand.

"Not tonight." I shook my head. It wasn't only because of the case. Sure, I wanted to keep him safe, but I also just really wanted to be with him. He wasn't just my boyfriend, he was my best friend, and that's the truth. I preferred to be with him over everyone else, dating or not. He was my favourite person. "Unless you want to have a drink with the guys, then I can piss off for a bit."

"No." He shook his head. "I don't want you to. You can stay right here with me, as long as you want. Forever if you'd like."

I felt my face grow red hot, and my heart swell with love for him. I squeezed his hand because my brain couldn't muster any words.

As Niall was ordering a drink for me, I spotted Lucille and Josephine at the bar as well, dressed up as fairies. They'd been hanging out together more often now that they were both the only single girls in our age group in the organization. They looked happy, or drunk, either way, they were content, and that was good.

"Thanks man." Niall took my drink from the bartender.

"What's this?" I looked at the lime green, smoky liquid in front of me.

"I'm not sure. It looked cool." He shrugged.

"It's probably got so much alcohol." I laughed. "Are you trying to get me drunk here?"

"No." He shook his head dramatically. "I'm trying to get both of us drunk. We're a little bit better in bed when we know we won't remember it in the morning."

"That's seriously what you're thinking about right now?" I frowned, suppressing a smile. Of course that's what he was thinking about Philly, it's Niall.

"Mhm." He planted a kiss on my lips, when he pulled away, I could see little specks of glitter on his lips from my lipgloss. I didn't offer to clean it up. I wanted everyone to know where it came from.

I took a sip of the drink.

"Oh wow." I made a sour face.

"What is it?" Niall wondered.

"Straight booze, and a little bit of green apple." I took another sip.

"Do you want something else? I'll pay."

"Absolutely not. This is perfect." I gave a thumbs up.

Harry then swooped past us, handing Niall his drink, and immediately leaving to sit with Dani.

"What is up with him?" Nial scowled.

"I'm not happy with him, and he's obviously aware of that."

"Still? You haven't talked to him?"

"Not unless it's completely necessary to the case." I shook my head.

"Great. My girlfriend and my best friend want to kill each other. Every man's dream." He sighed.

"It'll be fine. He'll come to his senses eventually. He's not that stupid."

I wasn't sure how far away 'eventually' was, but I guess that's the beauty in anger.

Niall and I stuck close to the bar. By my third glass of that green apple concoction I was feeling a little tipsy. The lights were dark, the room was crowded, and I was feeling great. I had a magnificent idea when the DJ turned on a slower song. Sparks by Coldplay. It was perfect.

"Hey," I whispered in Niall's ear.

"What's up?" He leaned closer to me.

"Dance with me." I grabbed his hand.

"Really?" His face lit up.

"Yes." I put my empty glass down on the bar counter, so did Niall, and I dragged him through the crowd of people onto the dance floor.

He wrapped his arms around my waist, I brought mine up around the back of his neck. Not necessarily proper dancing placements, but it was comfortable for us, and that's what mattered. We swayed to the music, no fancy moves here.

"Do you know how long I've been waiting to do this with you?" He smiled down at me.

"You'd never get me to do it sober." I joked.

"One day." He assured me. "One day you will."

"Keep trying bud. Maybe you'll convince me." I leaned my head on his chest, his grip around my waist became tighter, almost wrapping his entire arms around me. It was more of a prolonged hug than anything.

"I love you so much firefly." He muttered into my ear. "You have no idea."

I closed my eyes, feeling only him, hearing only his voice, he was the only thing that mattered.

"Even if I step on your toes?" I joked.

"I'll love you, and your terrible dancing." He let out a little laugh, his chest rising and falling quickly.

"I love you too." I let out a breath, feeling so calm. "You know what? I've always been so tough, but you... I think you turned me soft."

"You're still tough." He whispered. "You're giving Styles the silent treatment."

"True." I nodded against him.

"I think you're just soft around me." He rested his chin on my head. "I like it. I wouldn't want you being soft with anyone else."

"Good thing for you, I don't think I can be."

"Perfect."

I swayed with him to the music, my eyes were closed, my heart was beating, and I felt amazing. This was the perfect moment, I can barely even describe it because I have a feeling that not many people got to experience this in their lifetime. Pure, unbridled, love. Not rage, not sadness, not fear, love. It was perfect.

Until I opened my eyes.

Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted a man wearing a gorilla mask, staring right at Niall and I.

What was he doing here?

-

Cliffhanger!!!!

This chapter ended up being so much longer than the usual chapters, but that's okay because I love this one.

Hope you guys are liking the story!

Thanks for reading,

All my love,

-kallie <3

Ps. Thanks to everyone on Twitter for helping me come up with the Nilly costume idea ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.9K 3.6K 21
Homicide detective Zayn Malik is dead in the middle of a failed marriage when he willingly sleeps with his work partner, homicide detective Harry Sty...
889K 24.8K 78
'You are going to help me acquire something very valuable,' he spoke close to my ear, his breath fanning down my neck. I looked up at the paintings...
1.3K 121 28
In which a story about a girl whose life was nothing as she'd planned when having to live together with an arrogant renowned rockstar. Aurora Winters...
56.9K 1.7K 24
Sometimes our lives change when we least expect them to. We meet our best friends in when we're unprepared to make friends. Our lives change so drast...