√ | false promises, 𝐩𝐞𝐲𝐭�...

Od sadessinks

BOOK 1/3 of The Rekindling Hearts series. [ description ] ⤷ Peyton and Chad were supposed to be high... Viac

FALSE PROMISES
P L A Y L I S T
A R T G A L L E R Y
E P I G R A P H
A C T I ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
i. la isn't too shabby
ii. long time no see
iii. long time no see ( part 2 )
iv. truth or truth
v. what is love?
vi. the lost & found
vii. the night
viii. weak
ix. lie, lie, lie
x. the vampire diaries
A C T II ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
xi. debacles of life
xii. ripping off the bandaid
xiii. eyes off you
xiv. welcome home
xv. engagement party
xvi. it's just sex
xvii. these are my confessions
ixx. letting go
xx. every time
A C T III ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
xxi. devilish smiles
xxii. stay
xxiii. in the moutains
xxiv. the end of an era
xxv. the rebound
xxvi. it's ok not to be ok
xxvii. nanny carrie all over again, except not
xxviii. nanny carrie all over again, except not ( part 2 )
xxix. daydreaming
xxx. that's what love is
A C T IV ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
xxxi. meet cute
xxxii. bluebird in the spring
xxxiii. bluebird in the spring ( part 2 )
xxxiv. heart made up on you
xxxv. point of view
xxxvi. just another day
xxxvii. oh, why universe?
xxxviii. death is upon
xxxix. don't stop believin'
xl. proper introduction
A C T V ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
xli. emo girl
xlii. two weeks until wedding
xliii. the day we met
xliv. week of wedding
xlv. bachelor / ette
xlvi. day of wedding
xlvii. day of wedding: reception ( part 2 )
xlviii. til death do us part
xlix. hope you're ok
l. happy beginnings
THANK YOU
BOOK TWO
BOOK THREE

xviii. these are my confessions ( part 2 )

579 48 0
Od sadessinks

𝗙𝗮𝗹𝘀𝗲 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗲𝘀
:: xviii. | these are my confessions ( part 2 )

As Peyton was on her way to Chad's house, something in her made her stop the car and think. She thought and within only seconds, she made a U turn and headed to Tric. She parked in front of the building then got out the car, locking the car. She walked inside and headed straight to her office. Once she walked around the corner into her office, Mia was relaxing in her chair with her feet up on the desk.

"I think we need a new artist. Well you do." Mia randomly said.

Peyton shook her head, "What are you talking about?"

"Think about it. I'm your only artist and I'm doing well. Now, you need more." Mia simply shrugged.

"What brought on this suggestion?" Peyton questions.

"You already have me and I'm already a success story, so." Mia spoke in a cocky tone with a shrug of her shoulders.

"Ok, I'll bite. Who?" Peyton set her things down on her desk.

"Mr. Chad Donovan." Mia said excitedly with a smile on her face.

• • •

Chad thought he would finally go job hunting. It's been almost two years since he returned to Tree Hill and all he's been doing is couch surfing. He finally decided he wants to lay down roots, find a home and a job. And just so happened to stumble upon Clothes Over Bros. He opened the door that dinged and walked on in. He found both Millie and Brooke at the front desk. Brooke turned around and she was pleasantly surprised.

"Chad . . . what's up?" She ask, walking forward towards him.

"Was wondering if you're hiring?" He ask, instantly regretting it. He wasn't sure yet if was able to handle it.

"I am in need of a male model, if you're up for it." She suggested.

"Yeah, sure." He wasn't actually sure.

"Millie you got it out here?" Brooke ask, heading to the back. Millie nodded and she continued to go to the back with Chad following behind.

Brooke gestured Chad to stand on the stool and he did as he was told. Brooke then went to grab a top of the tux, then pins along with some fabric.

"Now, strip." She announced, walking back into the room where Chad was still standing on the stool.

He was hesitant at first but then slowly started to take his pants off, next his shirt. Brooke glanced back at him from behind and snickered a little. Never gets old, she had thought after she glanced at his cute ass.

She then walked back in front of him, handing him the blazer which he quickly put on. Then she walked back around, wrapping the measuring tape around his torso for the pants. Brooke placed the measuring tape down and grabbed the fabric, along with the pins to start making the pants. She walked back in front of Chad and bent down on her knees.

"So uh, have you talked to Peyton yet?" She started small talk.

"Not really. Why?" He ask.

Just when questions were about to be answered, the boyfriend walked in.

"I tried to stop him." Millie said, peeping her head from behind Julian.

"S-so uh, what's going on here?" He shared glances between Brooke and Chad.

• • •

Mia sat at the bar as she held her phone to her ear, waiting for Chad to answer. Once again, no answer. So she thought she would try one more time. 7th times the charm, right? After two rings, the other line was finally picked up.

"About time, damn. What are you even doing?" Mia spoke as if she was annoyed.

"Ok, missy. Jeez. What's up?" Chad finally answered.

"You need to come to Tric." She demanded.

"So you're gonna pull a Brooke and boss me around?" He questioned causing Brooke to poke him with a pin and of course like any other person, he flinched.

She sighed out of frustration, "Just get your ass here."

Mia hung up and then continued staring at chase. . . almost in awe. Since he got back in town, she's kinda been acting weird, especially around him. She would get all flustered even when he would just glance at her. It was clear to say, she had a huge crush on him.

• • •

Everyone was cheering, Chad had just slayed the stage. Peyton knew Mia was right. She had to get a new artist and soon, so why can't it be Chad? Peyton's eyes followed Chad to the back. As she realized that's where he was headed, she managed to get away from her friends and sneak away to him. It was time to talk to him, even if she was prepared or not.

"Hey.." She walked into Chad placing the guitar down on the stand.

"Hey." He turned around at the sound of her voice.

"You were amazing." She complemented him.

An awkward chuckle slipped out his mouth, "Thanks."

"Luke and I broke up. He knows everything. So if he comes beating at your door, sorry." Peyton shyly walked past him to her desk.

"No, I'm sorry. You love him. He needs to understand this is my fault." Chad as always, taking responsibility for everyone else's problems.

"That's what I love about you. Always trying to help, even though you don't have too." She sighed, "You're right, I love him. But it's not the same way i love you." She continued to speak, "Ever since you got back, the dynamic between Luke and I shifted. I never wanted to say anything cause you were with Brooke then he proposed. Next, stupid decisions came after that." Peyton was finally being honest, she hasn't felt this liberated in a long time.

"Peyton.." Chad walked over to her. He was in awe and it almost felt as if they were about to kiss but like everything other time, someone has to interrupt.

It just so happened to be the angry writer.

"When I walked into the building, I wondered where you were and I also wondered where Chad was.." He clicked his tongue, "Should've known."

"We were just talking, Luke." Peyton tried to calm him down.

"Oh, no. Please go on, I'm listening." Lucas spoke in an arrogant tone.

"What's your problem man?" Chad was having enough of it.

"You're seriously asking that? You screwed me over so many times, Donovan. Now you're doing it again." He gestured towards Peyton.

Chad walked closer to Lucas, "Stop clinging onto the past. High school was ten years ago."

"You're right, you're right. I'm being childish." Lucas spoke sarcastically and out of nowhere, his hand formed into a fist, then swung right into Chad's face.

Chad was now lying on the floor, attempting to get up and thinking that he deserves that.

a/n:
two chapters till
act 2 is done. Chad
makes stupid decisions
but he's a noble man, right?

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

82.8K 2.5K 36
[completed] *Book 1 of the Colorado Ink series* Freya: I thought being dumped by my boyfriend right before I left for college was the worst thing th...
35.6K 437 34
History: Everyone has graduated from College. Nathan, Lucas, Peyton, and Brooke stayed very close. Beven, Skills, Haley, Tim, and Jake are close. Nei...
25.3K 524 34
With eight years passed since Rylee's disappearance, Theo has moved on. Being the highest-paid football player in the league and richly decorated wit...
31.1K 988 36
[COMPLETED] He took her for granted until he lost her. Now they say you don't realise what you have until you lose it, but he never thought he'd lose...