Uncertain Feelings, Jinjoo

By yulyennftww

School life was going pretty well until Yujin met Minju and found joy in this boring old school. Will she be... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Continuation...(M)
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36 - I'm Sorry, Love
Chapter 37
Chapter 38 - I Love You

Chapter 8

631 21 5
By yulyennftww

The match has ended, and the players headed back into the locker room for a short debrief. Needless to say, SSOTS High has won this year's competition again. Well, if you were wondering, the match started during the holidays and only ended around this period of time.

The four best friends stood up and got ready to go home. But before that, Yuri tugged on Minju's hand which made the latter turn to look at her.

"What?" Minju asked while turning to look at Yuri. Yuri then tilted her head while frowning. She told the couple that she and Minju would be going first which they nodded. Yuri didn't say anything and just dragged Minju along with her. Minju was too exhausted from the overwhelming feelings eating her up earlier and just let the shorter do whatever she wants.

They reached the entrance of the locker room. Once Minju saw where she was, she quickly shook her head and gave Yuri wide eyes, desperate to leave. Yuri smirked as the players started to come out of the locker room one by one while carrying their bags, heading home. Yuri quickly spotted Yena, and the latter ran towards her hamster with Yujin tailing behind. Yujin was folding her towel on the way out and didn't notice Minju was standing beside Yuri.

The moment her eyes met with Minju's; the brunette diverted her eyes away shyly. Yuri then pulled Yena away from Yujin and whispered into Minju's ear.

"Have fun~" She teased and left with Yena. Now, the two are just standing in front of each other. Without saying a word, Yujin grabbed Minju's hand and led her to the football field so the atmosphere wouldn't be so tense. After all, the confession she made earlier has perhaps flustered Minju, so she thought it would be better to go to an open area to talk it out.

Once they reached the football field, Yujin gestured for Minju to sit on one of the benches. They were engulfed with silence, only hearing the pounding of their own hearts. Yujin took in a deep breath before starting to speak.

"Look, I know you heard about the rumour about Wonyoung. Well, it's not true."

Minju looked up to face Yujin as she continued.

"Well, I-I do like you..." She looked down and blushed, making Minju feel the heat rush up to her cheeks too.

"I know it was sudden, but let me court you. You don't have to agree but it'll be great if you gave it a thought." Yujin said while looking into Minju's eyes. She could see how Minju's eyes were quivering out of nervousness perhaps. Yujin doesn't know if the latter has mutual feelings or not. Minju then felt a lump in her throat which she swallowed before opening her mouth.

"I-I'd have to think about it first."

Yujin's eyes lit up, knowing that the brunette didn't reject her straightaway. She couldn't contain herself but hug Minju which made her startled. Yujin pulled away while smiling and Minju could feel her heart melting, thinking that she probably doesn't want to think about it either. But she had to, she doesn't know how this is going to work yet. After all, it's her first time.

"It's okay, I'll wait for you," Yujin said while showing her genuine, sincere smile, making Minju smile too. They then stood up and headed home.

--

Little did they know, there was someone looking at them the whole time.

"She likes Minju?" The tall girl muttered while holding onto a can of Pocari Sweat which she planned on giving Yujin. This girl right here is none other than Jang Wonyoung.

Wonyoung was Yujin's childhood friend when Wonyoung's father invested in Ahn Incorporation. They were really close that time when they were 5. Their parents would always go out to have tea time together and such, letting their children play. But there was one day when Wonyoung's father had to take his business and expand it in the states which meant that Wonyoung left without saying a word— which means she didn't manage to tell Yujin about her feelings.

Wonyoung, ever since she was young, has liked or rather loved Yujin so much. She left when they were 9. Left without any news which made Yujin confused at that time as well. Yujin might have had a little crush on Wonyoung when she was young, but after knowing that she was going to leave Korea, the feelings died down. As for Wonyoung, she was in a state of devastation when she knows she wasn't going to see Yujin anymore.

Wonyoung has been keeping up with news of Yujin in Korea while she's in the states. One day, Wonyoung heard the news that she could go back to Korea and stay for good, and she couldn't have been more elated, knowing that she'll be able to see Yujin again after so many years. That's when she enrolled into SSOTS High during Year 1, and she managed to come second in the cohort after Yujin. The latter didn't know Yujin was this smart. It has been a long time anyway.

But of course, Yujin knows Wonyoung was in this school, she just didn't approach or talk to her because Wonyoung left without saying anything. A part of her felt disappointed because Wonyoung could've at least told her before leaving suddenly. That's why Yujin got shocked when Wonyoung got transferred into her class. This means she has to talk to Wonyoung one day about everything. But everything is just awkward.

Wonyoung was actually planning to confess and talk to Yujin after her match today, but as she saw the scene in front of her, her hopes died down. She went home and sobbed but she told herself that there is still a chance even though she saw her unrequited lover loving someone else.

Wonyoung is someone rather determined, determined in the sense that she will get what she wants, she'll try everything even if she has to go to the extreme. That's just how she is.

If I may put out one more time, they are all 16 this year. This means in the next few years, things— attitude, personality, may or may not change. The same goes for their maturity. They are still going through a phase, a phase of exploring new things. Things any teenager would go through...

--

Minju reached home and did the exact same thing from when she came home after the first time going out with Yujin. Her sister walked by again, seeing her sit on the ground.

"What's wrong with you these days?" Hyewon said while raising her eyebrow. She could see how Minju's face was red once again.

"E-Eonnie...I've received a confession."

Hyewon widened her eyes and gleamed while making her way to Minju, pulling her up and making her sit down on the couch in their living room.

"Oh~ My little sister has an admirer~" She teased while Minju just frowned in annoyance. She has had enough of all these teasings.

"Who is it?"

Minju clasped her lips together, not wanting to say the name because once she says it, she'll turn into a blushing mess and make her recall the scene earlier.

"Minju-ah! Are you okay?"

"Y-Yeah."

"Who is it then?" Minju could see the anticipation in her sister's eyes. She let out a sigh before telling her.

"Yujin. Ahn Yujin." She laid back on the couch while Hyewon covered her mouth in shock.

"The basketball ace? The top of the cohort? The girl crush??" Minju nodded while Hyewon was still feeling unbelievable. Minju has this feeling inside her that she's not suited or rather not up to Yujin's league. She's just a normal student who focuses on her work and minds her own business while Yujin is a popular, wealthy, eye-catching, and sweet person. She has this feeling in her that she just wasn't the right person for her.

"Wow, my sister scored big." She said while shaking her head.

"Did you accept?"

"I told her I'd think about it." Hyewon frowned and scoffed.

"What are you even thinking about? Hello? She's the most popular girl and she even has a really good personality. What's there to even think about? She's like wholesale out there, and she chose you out of everyone in this school."

Hyewon was right. There are many people who were smart, sporty, pretty, and have great personalities too. After all, this school is filled with elites. Minju's insecurities just pulled her down to the very bottom, not understanding why Yujin chose her out of everyone.

"I just think that I'm not suited for her. Like, do you see me? I'm a loner with only three friends while she has many, I don't really talk much, I'm just... out of her league eonnie." She said and let out a hefty sigh. Hyewon went and sat beside Minju.

"Sis, you're beautiful. Why are you talking about yourself like this? You don't have to be popular for someone to like or love you. You don't need to talk much. There's no such thing as a league. Love is love Minju-ah. You don't need reasons."

Minju looked up at her sister, thinking how a hungry beast turned into a nice princess in a day. Hyewon smiled and hugged her sister to comfort her a bit.

"Do you like her?"

"Y-Yes, I think."

"You think?"

"I don't know. I mean, I've never experienced these things before. My heart just goes crazy whenever she's near, I somehow find myself staring at her for no reason, and I keep on feeling like there are things squirming around in my stomach every time she does something. It's like everything she does makes me fluttered. I don't know why but she makes me feel so comfortable around her even though we just started talking this year. All I could see was her whenever she's in the crowds and everything seems to go in slow motion when my eyes get stuck on her..."

Hyewon just listened to her sister blabber and burst out in a peal of light laughter while shaking her head.

"W-Why are you laughing?"

"Minju-ah, I don't think you like her." Minju looked at her with a confused face.

"You love her."

She pats on Minju's shoulder and went to the kitchen. Minju just went 'oh'. She just sat there on the couch for a while before going up to her room. She laid flat on her bed and just dwelled into her thoughts.

Do I like her? Do I love her? Should I say yes? I think I should. She's nice. I like her. She's so cute. Her face, nose, eyes scream perfection. Her lips do look soft that I want to k—Holy shit what am I thinking?!

She sat up from her bed and ruffled her hair into a mess. After several considerations, rolling around her bed and throwing her phone here and there, she came up with a decision—she's going to tell her answer to Yujin when Monday comes.

--

Meanwhile at Ahn's residence...

"AHHHHH!"

Yujin screamed as she entered her house which startled her helpers, making them look at the young master in confusion.

"What happened to her?"

"I don't know." They muttered to each other before heading back to work. Yujin ran straight into her bathroom and quickly called Yena and Chaeyeon.

Dialling dummies...

Yena: "Hello?"

Chaeyeon: "Hello Yujin-ah?"

Yujin: "Guys, she said she'll think about it!"

She screamed which made the two lift the phone from their ears.

Chaeyeon: "W-Woah calm down..."

Yena: "My bro has entered the circle."

Chaeyeon: "What did you say when she said she'll think about it?"

Yujin: "I'll wait for her. I don't mind doing that, I'll do anything for her. I'm not going to rush her. Anything for her to accept my confession."

Yena: "Someone's whipped."

Chaeyeon: "Says the one."

Yena: "Hehe."

Chaeyeon: "Yujin-ah, did she tell you when she's going to answer you?"

Just then, Yujin received a message—Minju.

Yujin: "Wait, someone messaged me."

Minju <3

Minju: Are you free after school on Monday?

Yujin: "Guys! It's Minju!"

Yena: "What did she say?!"

Yujin: "She asked if I was free after school on Monday!"

Chaeyeon: "She's probably going to tell you her answer then."

Yujin: "What should I reply?"

Yena: "YES YOU DUMMY!"

Yujin then quickly replied before throwing her phone.

Minju <3

Yujin: Yeah, I'm free.

Yena: "Yujin?"

Chaeyeon: "Yujin-ah?"

Yujin forgot her friends were still on the line. She hurriedly picked up her phone.

Yujin: "Sorry, got too excited. Hehe."

Chaeyeon: "Aish..."

Yujin: "I'll go now, I need to shower while waiting for her reply."

Yena: "Okay bye."

Chaeyeon: "Bye."

Yujin ended the call and just then, her phone vibrated again.

Minju: Meet me in the garden?

Yujin: Okay😊

Yujin threw her phone away and went on to shower with excitement flooding her system, knowing that Minju is probably going to give her an answer. Well, she expected to wait longer but it doesn't matter. What matters is she'll get an answer soon.

A/N: I guess y'all can expect what's going to happen next.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 218 12
Chaewon and Minjoo have been friends since childhood. They did every together even having the same group of friends and going to to the same school (...
77.4K 2.7K 35
But she is the most popular girl in our school. I can't date her. Chaewon and Minjoo try to date secretly
38.5K 1K 32
Yujin: "We'll see each other again right?" Then she look at me, and said, Minju: "We'll see each other again." Then she smiled. Enjoy reading! 😊 Dat...
25.4K 566 36
This is the sequel for 'Uncertain Feelings'. Where two girls had a wonderful time together until they met with an unfortunate incident, causing them...