CHEERLEADER, woosan

By sansvenus

"i hope that he looks at me and thinks 'shit, he's so pretty.'" in which choi san tries out for his high scho... More

intro
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
new woosan!
special <3

epilogue

2.7K 136 294
By sansvenus

upbeat music blaring around the loud atmosphere, san gently pushes through the crowds of drunk, sweaty bodies, in search for his best friend. after all, it is the night of yunho's wedding, so not celebrating the afterparty with the older just seems wrong to him.

despite it being almost three years ago, san remembers the day vividly — mingi and yunho sat him down after a long day out with the two, breaking the news that they were finally dating, officially. after what was probably close to a decade of witnessing the two play around with each other, swearing on their lives that there weren't any romantic feelings attached, san couldn't have been happier for the couple.

this close to ditching yunho to party with soojin instead, san jumps slightly at the finger tapping at his shoulder from behind. with a roll of his eyes, he turns around and, expecting to be met with yunho's apologetic expression, he starts, "where the fuck were—"

san stops himself sheepishly at the stranger before him. "o-oh, um... hey?"

"hi, san!" the male, a few strands of his jet-black hair falling in front of his eyes, greets. he waves his hand cheerily, beaming. "uhm, a friend of mine, his name is sunwoo, asked me to hand you your phone! it was blowing up and he said it was important and you should check, so... yeah."

the confusion written across san's features vanishes, as the black-haired boy holds a device out towards him. he takes it, grateful. "ah, thank you! can i, perhaps, get your name?"

"of course; i'm hyunjun!"

san smiles. "it's nice to meet you, then, hyunjun. i'll, er, see you around?"

the latter gasps in excitement, before eagerly nodding his head. "sure, i'd like that! by the way, i think you're a really great role model, so keep up the good work!"

after an accidental shove on his shoulder as hyunjun passes by, san proceeds to squeeze through the huge, yet crowded, room, realisation now hitting him. the status he has slips from his mind quite often, because at the end of the day, becoming an ulzzang was unintentional — on top of the fact that it isn't his main profession. going viral for being a pretty boy under jung wooyoung's following list certainly comes with disadvantages, but in situations like this, he is grateful.

face scrunching up at the strong stench of alcohol filling his lungs, san slides the doors to the venue open, stepping out into the slight breeze. since his high school days, he's grown to become neutral about the idea of drinking, but though it doesn't disgust him as much as it used to, he still vows to stay away from it due to the memories of his childhood it brings up.

pressing his back against the brick wall of the building, san switches on his phone, overwhelmingly curious, eyebrows furrowing at the endless number of notifications displayed on the screen.

he didn't not expect it, sunwoo would never lie to him; overtime, he's become one of the people san trusts most, in fact. however, merely thinking about what could've possibly happened for him to have so much attention on him causes his anxiety to gnaw at him, convincing him that he's surely done something wrong.

in the midst of whatever it is he's being constantly tagged in on twitter, san makes out two new texts coming in. one from his lover, and the other from his dear brother.

and since chanhee only ever texts him for matters he deems to be important, it isn't that difficult choosing between the two.

chanhee :D
i'm so sorry this has happened little choi
ft me if you need to talk yeah?

me
huh
what's going on hyung?

chanhee :D
oh...
i'm guessing you haven't seen twitter? or any of those annoying ass articles?

me
no i haven't...
it's not that bad is it?

chanhee :D
unfortunately :/
seen

tears prickling at the corner of his eyes, san clicks off of his conversation with chanhee. hesitant, his finger hovers over the bird app, before reluctantly pressing onto it. screwing his eyes shut, he exhales a shaky breath. running away from the situation would only make him a coward, so with that thought in mind, he opens them again.

i'm not a coward.

san only has to scroll down for something short of half a second before a news article catches his attention.

forward of south korea's soccer team, jung wooyoung, is suspected to be dating best friend and famous ulzzang, choi san, after photos of the two circulate the media. neither party have yet to confirm these rumours, however.

san blinks several times in sheer disbelief, tears escaping from his widened eyes in the process.

ever since wooyoung was scouted by south korea's soccer coach himself, the couple had promised each other to keep their relationship hidden — instead signing what they had off as a mere friendship to the public eye. so, after years of keeping their secret locked up for it to now crash down on them... san is gutted and hell, he isn't even the one whose career is at risk.

and that reminds him of the boy who probably needs him more than he ever has right now.

frantically, san hurries off of twitter, tugging his sleeves forward to hastily wipe away his tear-stained cheeks. the least he can do in this situation is keep himself together for wooyoung.

ignoring the texts he has received from the younger, san clicks onto his facetime, immediately pressing onto the first contact shown. they'd used the app a few hours prior, whilst san was getting ready for the night ahead, wooyoung, on the other hand, relaxing in order to prepare himself for tomorrow's big game. it was perfect, full of pure laughs and stupid smiles. too perfect to be true, one might say.

after a few rounds of the tone dialling, consisting of san internally begging that wooyoung pick up the call, the ringing comes to a stop. the brunette's reflection gets moved to the top corner of his screen, replaced by a head of blond hair.

"youngie?" san first speaks, softly.

"s-san?" a voice comes, nothing much higher than a whisper. "sannie, i-i—" wooyoung sniffles, and the older can instantly tell that he's just been crying. his heart pings at the thought.

"can you show me your face? please?"

"i look terrible, though, san-ah," wooyoung mutters, fingers rhythmically tapping at something. san doesn't know what it is, but the sound is comforting, somehow.

"i don't care and you know that." san slides down the wall, the brick slightly scratching at his back, until his butt is on the ground, knees held up against his chest. repositioning his phone so wooyoung can see him clearly, he notices that the latter hasn't moved a muscle, only the fade of his hairline still being shown. san sighs. "please, youngie. i want to talk about this to you... even if it isn't in person."

a few seconds of silence pass, before the rustling of sheets exits the speaker on san's end, shortly followed with a face appearing on his screen. wooyoung's eyes are bloodshot red, his nose being of a lighter shade.

still beautiful, san wants to say, but he doesn't think now is the right time.

"th-that means you've heard... right?"

bottom lip caught in his teeth, san nods his head. "yeah, like, about two minutes ago..."

"oh, so not long, then..." wooyoung rests his head onto his arm, causing the sleeve of his hoodie to show; san quickly recognises it as one of his own. he wasn't even aware that the younger had taken it on his trip to japan, the thought making the corner of his lips curve upwards. "you're smiling because you've thought of a way for me not to lose my career, aren't you? because that'd be pretty helpful right about now," wooyoung jokes.

san manages to catch onto the insecurity laced within his voice, however. "hey, listen to me — that's not going to happen, okay? everything will be alright. we'll figure this out soon, i promise you, youngie... and i'll be by your side through it all."

"s-sannie..." a lone tear races down wooyoung's cheeks, causing san to selfishly avert his gaze to the ground. six years have been and he still can't handle seeing his fiancé break down in front of him. but when wooyoung continues, he has san's full attention again, "i really wish you were here... everything would be so much better that way."

"really wish i was with you, too," san says, finger absentmindedly tracing over wooyoung's features. "but like i said, it'll be okay. please trust me on that. has your manager said anything to you yet?"

wooyoung shakes his head. "hyung only told me to lock myself in my room till tomorrow morning... apparently paparazzi are swarming the entire building."

san hums, eyes trained on wooyoung's hand that lifts up to run through his fluffy, blond hair. rather pathetically wishing it can be his hand instead, he notices the time his phone reads — 02:49. "youngie..."

"yeah, sannie?"

"it's getting late, you know?"

wooyoung's expression dulls. "don't say that."

"tomorrow's a really big day for you, you need enough rest," san tries gently, though the latter doesn't budge. "believe me, i don't want to leave you either, not when this has happened... but i know you'll regret it afterwards if you don't play up to your own expectations."

"b-but... hug first?" wooyoung whispers, voice fragile.

the ghost of a smile finds san's lips as he brings his cellphone to his chest, wrapping his arms around it securely, knowing more than well that wooyoung is doing the same on the other side. maybe it's stupid, but in times like this where their respective careers are keeping them apart, it's the closest thing they can get to physical affection from one another.

pulling away after a long moment, san giggles adoringly at wooyoung, who is still stuck in the moment. "i love you," he blurts out, unable to fight back the urge to do so.

wooyoung perks up at that, cheeks flushed the prettiest of pinks. "mm, i love you, too, darling."

"good, now get some sleep, okay?"

"i'd say 'you, too' but i don't think yunho will be too happy about that." wooyoung laughs, and san grins widely at the sweet melody. "have a fun rest of your night, my sannie-ah~"

"of course, take care of yourself, youngie... i'll see you soon." 

———

being shaken awake, san whines dramatically. he turns to his side as an attempt to frustrate the figure away, only for his forehead to whack a pane of glass. and it hurt like a bitch, causing him to yelp in pain, before an amused chuckle enters his hearing.

san flutters his eyes open curiously, met with the sight of... clouds.

he lifts himself up, curiosity turning into confusion, when something tightens against his chest. looking down at the seatbelt fastened over him, it then hits san where he is.

"morning, hyung," a voice by his side starts. "we're a few minutes away from landing."

san's hand hovers above his mouth as he yawns, before rubbing at his eyes groggily. "good morning, jongho-ah. thank you, again, for tagging along."

"of course, i know you feel about flying on your own... plus, i have my own reasons."

"hey!" san covers his ears childishly, before hesitantly lowering them and continuing, "do not dare try to enlighten me with details about your sex life!"

jongho wheezes. "as if you and wooyoung-ssi aren't—"

a hand clasps around the younger's mouth, shutting him up. after a threatening glare, san removes his hand, smiling smugly to himself when jongho keeps his mouth pressed into a firm line.

then, rather abruptly, a flight attendant announces something about how the plane will be landing now; san doesn't pay enough attention to them to make out their exact words, for he's all too used to the process. he rests his head against the same window that had attacked him first thing after he woke up, shutting his eyes to drown out his heightening anxiety.

it's alright. you're doing this for youngie.

san feels a hand on his shoulder, telling him that he's okay. minutes pass — minutes that go by far too slow for his liking — before fingers are clutching at his own. taking the act as a prompt to come back to reality, san opens his eyes, faced with jongho stood up with a reassuring expression.

"you feeling okay, hyung?" the black-haired boy asks, helping san up.

the older nods his head briefly. "a little dizzy, to be honest, but it's fine."

"take it gentle, then, yeah?" jongho reaches up, retrieving their luggage from the overhead compartment. "come on, let's get out of here. it fucking stinks."

san laughs, taking his carry-on from jongho's hold, before following him to the exit doors of the airplane. stepping out of the huge, bulky vehicle, he's almost immediately met with several different flashing lights in his direction. eyes squinted, san tugs at jongho's sleeve, pulling him as close to him as possible. knowing the mindless paparazzi, they'll probably try to separate them in order to get him alone.

"god, how'd they find you already?" jongho mutters, aggravated, as he pulls out his phone to call a taxi for them.

pulling his sleeves over his fingers in uneasiness due to the cameras filming them, san shrugs his shoulders. "impressive stalking skills, huh?"

the two boys soon make it out of the mobbed airport, and jongho has never been more content over seeing a cab sitting in the closest end of the parking lot. he dashes towards it, leading san to do the same, the two of them shoving their belongings in and hurrying inside the safety of the vehicle.

a relieved sigh leaving his lips, jongho greets the driver, "thank you for getting here so fast, sir."

"i was in the area anyway, it isn't a problem," the man — seeming to be somewhere in his late-20's by his appearance — assures. his eyes then flicker to san, raising an eyebrow before adding, "i recognise you from tv somewhere."

san glances at jongho unsurely. "uh, well, i'm an ulzzang- i've done, like, ads and stuff so..."

truthfully, there's no way of the brunette being noticed on fucking television of all places, the most his brand deals have been promoted on are instagram and such places. and despite not having seen it yet, he's certain that his and wooyoung's 'controversy' has made it to the news by now; moreover, that was enough reasoning behind the driver's claim. that doesn't at all mean san will out himself, though.

the male at the front seat cocks his head to the side. "you sure you aren't that boy having a fling with that korean soccer player?"

san freezes, and jongho fortunately takes over for him, "we wish. we'd be well rich then, wouldn't we, hyung?"

nodding his head, san forces a chuckle out of himself. the driver laughs along, turning back to the road and starting the car. "ah, i must be mistaken, then. it's just that my son really looks up to the guy, so when the allegations came out, he was over the moon about his favourite soccer player possibly being queer. he thinks it would be nice to have some representation in the industry."

brain short-circuiting in surprise at the man's rambling, san agrees, "yeah, he's right. it-it would be nice to have that sort of representation... unfortunately, though, there's too much people who aren't fond of the idea for that to happen..."

san stops himself there before he overshares and says the wrong thing. his mind becomes clouded with the thoughts of his lover, practically praying to whatever is behind the doings of the universe to make sure he's doing okay. but if that isn't the case, which he hopes more than anything isn't true, san will make sure to do all he can to change that when he gets to wooyoung.

desperate to be reunited with the boy, san's leg bounces up and down, fingers drumming a rhythm onto the seat. he figures his body language says it all, because jongho places a hand on his arm. "hey, what's worrying you, hyung? are we getting late? because i can—"

"no, no, it's not that. i-i just—" san gulps back the tears that are threatening to escape. "i want him to be okay. i-i need him to be, i can't believe i let this happen. w-what if—"

"san hyung..." jongho intervenes. "he's strong. so, so strong and i know you know that. he's doing his best and he'll only feel better when he sees you. i don't want you blaming this on yourself, either, you can't control things like this. you came all the way here to comfort him, and that alone makes you such a great person, okay?"

san slowly nods. "yeah, okay... sorry, i didn't mean to shove all that on you..." he chuckles half-heartedly.

the driver then clears his throat, coming in between jongho's chance to reply. "i don't mean to interrupt but, uh, we're here! this is your destination, correct?"

san picks his head up, eyes widening in excitement at the hotel towering outside of the vehicle. "yes. yes, it is!"

unable to conceal the giddy giggle that slips from his mouth, san pushes the door of the cab open. he ushers jongho to join him, who does after paying the man, and reaches out for his luggage.

jongho stops san, however, gently pushing his hands away. "you go, hyung, it's fine. i'll take your stuff to my room and you can come collect it afterwards."

san can't help but pull jongho into a warm hug. the younger has done so much for him out of his own will, he doesn't think he'll ever be able to repay him. "thank you so much, you don't understand how much your help means to me. get there safely, jongho-ah!"

after sending jongho a short, yet appreciated, smile, san heads straight into the entrance of the hotel, initially wary of the possible paparazzi. upon sitting himself on the benches inside of the lobby, however, he notices that the majority of the room is empty. it comes as a surprise to him, but is the last thing that matters as he pulls out his phone, a relentlessly large smile on his face.

me
hey youngie!

youngie <33
hi darlingg can we call?
i want to hear your voice :(

me
hmm maybe later

youngie <33
oh are you busy rn?

me
come downstairs i need you to see smth

youngie <33
downstairs?
wdym sannie?

me
please just trust me
you wont regret it i promise
seen

incapable of containing his excitement, san bounces up and down in his seat a few times, gaze fixated on the elevator doors at another side of the room. now he only needs to wait a minute or two, before—

the doors burst open, followed with hushed chatter. one of the figures beams happily after noticing san, bringing a hand up to wave at him, whereas the other freezes, mouth falling open in shock. eyes gently locking with his lover's, san gets up to his feet once he notices how glossy they become, taking hurried steps forward until he's directly opposite wooyoung.

the boy carefully lifts his hand to the side of wooyoung's face, brushing his thumb against the skin. "hi, youngie..."

"s-san, you- you..." trailing off, a number of tears fall from wooyoung's eyes, one or two landing on san's hand and dripping down his arm. the older comes closer to press their fronts together, before wrapping his arms around wooyoung's neck, embracing him tightly as silent cries damp the material of his sweater. but that was the last thing that mattered.

"it's okay," san murmurs softly, planting a kiss onto the skin underneath wooyoung's ear. "i'm here now, i'm not letting you go..."

the arms limp by wooyoung's side find their way up to san's hips, hugging his boyfriend close to him. "needed you so, so bad, sannie..." he whispers in between hiccups, nuzzling his face into the latter's neck.

san runs his fingers through wooyoung's hair for a few moments, undoing a few knots here and there. "let's head inside now, hm, youngie?" after receiving a barely audible hum of agreement from wooyoung, san takes it upon himself to detach their limbs from each other. chastely, he presses his lips onto the younger's temple, before intertwining their hands and aiming for the elevator.

eric's fingers wrapping around san's free wrist stops him momentarily, however. "thank you, hyung, for coming and taking care of wooyoung-ssi."

lips curving up into a smile, san shakes his head. "it's nothing i should be thanked for, but of course."

eric mirrors the expression, before silently taking the lead through the hotel corridors after using the elevator, chatter filling the air as the area became busier. eric guiding him to a room, san shuts the door behind them, ignoring the glances being sent to them by the other, confused players — who were casually just hanging around — and sits wooyoung down onto an empty couch.

before san can attempt to take the seat besides him, wooyoung is tugging him forward by his sleeves, perching him up on his thigh. the blond rests his head onto san's shoulder, who steadies himself by placing his arms onto the broad shoulders in front of him. "how are you feeling, youngie?"

"better," wooyoung answers quietly, basking in san's warmth. "so much better with you..."

"i'm glad to hear... was a little worried, honestly."

"you don't need to be anymore, darling." wooyoung looks up at san, a smile tugging on his lips. "you really know how to cheer me up, huh? how did you even get here so fast?"

san's index finger begins to trace random shapes and squiggles onto wooyoung's neck, explaining, "well, after yun's night ended, i searched up the earliest flight here and surprisingly enough, there were spare seats so... here i am!"

wooyoung's features are quickly etched with a frown. "please don't say you came on your own, sannie..."

"i didn't, don't worry. jongho said he'd be fine to come with."

"ah, that's good," wooyoung says, relieved that san didn't fly on his own just to see him — even if it was only an hour long flight.

"do you..." san pauses, contemplating whether or not to address the elephant in the room. despite being convinced that mentioning it will ruin the mood, communication has always been a significant factor in their relationship. "do you know what you're going to do about... well, the rumours?"

san doesn't miss how wooyoung's demeanour darkens. "i think i know what i'm going to do but i haven't discussed it with my manager yet... i know that he wants to talk about it soon, though..."

san hums in acknowledgment, before hesitantly adding, "a-and what do you have in mind?"

finding the grin that appears on wooyoung's lips unbelievable, san just wishes for him to answer his question already; the suspense is way too much for him. "well, don't get your hopes up so soon, but i want to tell the world about you, darling. about us."

san blinks several of times, struggling to let his mind process the information, ultimately conflicted. "w-what?"

wooyoung's eyebrows knit together. "unless... you don't want that?"

"no, no, youngie, that's not it- i-i just—" san averts his gaze to the ground, overwhelmed. "what if people aren't nice about it?" he asks in a petrified whisper. "i-i won't be able to handle seeing you be treated like shit because of us, i-i—"

"san-ah... listen to me. please just listen to me for a minute, yeah?" wooyoung's voice is soft, so, so soft that the older can't help but give in. "of course that's going to happen. i've accepted that, believe me, i have. but i'm not going to lie to the public and tell them that i'm not with you, that's the last thing i'll ever do... want to know why?" wooyoung's eyes are tear-filled again, and though his own are, too, san fights his hands out of the latter's grasp to wipe them away.

"because i'm proud of you," wooyoung continues. "i'm proud of being with you and, to me, that's more than enough of a reason to tell the truth. you make me feel happy, san, loved, cared for — more than anyone else who's ever walked on this planet. i wouldn't even be south korea's forward if it wasn't for you, darling, so please... please understand why i'm doing this."

san smiles. even with the relentless amount of tears rushing down his cheeks, he fucking smiles at the foolish boy in front of him. "damn you, jung wooyoung. god, i really, really, really fucking love you, you idiot."

"does that mean you're... okay with the idea?"

"yes," san answers, leaning forward so that his nose delicately brushes against wooyoung's. "yes, i'm okay with that."

"really?" wooyoung beams, causing a giggle to leave san's lips, followed with a nod, a nod that confirms it all. "thank you, sannie... i love you, too. so much..."

wooyoung's breath tickles san's jaw, his gaze subconsciously falling to the soft, pink lips before him. holding onto his lover's petite waist, he inches closer, watching as the eyes trained on his own expectedly flutter shut. wooyoung does the same once he closes the gap, capturing san's mouth in his own, his stomach fluttering viciously at the sensation he's oh so missed, as hands make their way up from his shoulders to the sides of his neck.

san sighs into the kiss, and when wooyoung's tongue takes that opportunity to slip into his mouth, his body tenses up for a tiny, split second before relaxing again, melting into the heated feeling with ease.

abruptly, the room bursts into hysterics, grounding the pair back to reality. detaching his lips from san's, wooyoung opens his eyes, the older following his gaze, met with his manager staring right at him.

embarrassed, san buries his head into the crook of wooyoung's neck, whereas the blond just grins sheepishly. his hand finds its way to caress san's long hair, twisting the silver ends around his fingers as he faces his manager. "yes, hyung?"

"we need to put out a statement," sangyeon states, evidently desperate. "like, as soon as possible."

"i know," wooyoung responds calmly, a smile decorating his features. "and after thinking things through... i know what i'm going to do- well, say."

sangyeon glances at san knowingly and back at wooyoung, receiving a nod of the head by the younger in confirmation. then, he grins — the widest wooyoung has ever seen. "good idea, jung. it's about time."

"oh, shut up." wooyoung rolls his eyes, before turning to san. "you heard that, right, darling?"

"yeah and he's right, it is about ti—"

"hey!" scoffing, wooyoung repeatedly pokes san's stomach as payback, the latter squirming underneath the ticklish feeling.

"youngie!" san exclaims, a string of giggles involuntarily escaping his lips. after wooyoung thinks he's been supplied with enough of his favourite sound for today, he allows san out of his suffering, his fiancé falling onto his chest.

wooyoung places a feathery kiss on the curve of san's nose. "come on, darling, get up. i need my favourite makeup artist's help."

———

anticipating screams erupting into the sold out stadium, san, standing behind the boundary, has his eyes attentively glued on the player awaiting his whistle.

it's the final of the world cup — a day soccer-crazed fans all around the world have impatiently been waiting for. and now after an intense two hours of gameplay and with the match still at a draw, jung wooyoung is stood, a couple of yards separating him from the goalpost, a ball sat in front of his feet on the muddy grass.

a few locks of his blond hair are stuck to the sweat on his forehead, and as he runs his fingers through it, the rainbow painted onto his cheek by his lover makes a show; he can practically feel the news reporters going wild.

that doesn't matter as of now, though, because the referee's whistle rings in wooyoung's ears.

san watches. and that's all he can do as wooyoung takes a step back, preparing himself for what could either turn out to be the most successful day in his life, or the complete opposite, a disaster.

you can do it, youngie. focus.

wooyoung's gaze wanders the deafening stadium, taking in the hundreds of thousands of blurry faces he can't make out. but maybe that isn't the greatest idea he's had, because all it does is pile even more pressure onto his shoulders. being completely annihilated in a final with his high school team was more than enough damage for one lifetime, so losing in front of such a large audience and whilst being aired on international television? he'd rather not.

exhaling a deep breath, wooyoung focuses his attention back into the ball. you can do it. san is cheering you on, he tells himself, the thought of the older igniting something within him.

so, with his head clouded with nothing but the remarkable boy, wooyoung dashes towards the ball and swings his leg towards it. the goalkeeper of the opposing team leaps in its direction, his arms shooting to the side, fingertips brushing against the ball.

instead of the male catching the ball, however, it flies past him, thrashing into the back of the net.

wooyoung's jaw drops open, the ecstatic cheers roaring into the atmosphere informing him that he isn't just stuck in his teenage fantasies. he's done it. he's actually fucking done it. he's won the world cup, an accomplishment he's been wanting to achieve for as long as he can remember.

spinning around hurriedly, wooyoung's eager eyes land on a beaming brunette in the crowd. and without his brain's consent, his legs are sprinting towards san, whose eyes widen, surprised.

"san! sannie, i—" wooyoung pauses, now directly opposite his lover, panting exhaustedly; but before he can continue, he's being pulled forward, a pair of arms hooking themselves around his shoulders. chuckling in endearment, wooyoung gladly returns the hug by wrapping his own arms around san's torso, and hums at the affection, satisfied.

"good job, youngie," san whispers into his ear. "i'm so, so, so proud of you... you played amazing, you know?"

"because of you," wooyoung points out, a stupidly large smile lifting his lips. "where would i be without you in my life, hm, darling?"

san stifles back his laughter, muttering, "i'm pretty sure the cameras caught that."

"let them, i don't care." wooyoung shrugs his shoulders, only tightening his hold on san. "they must know about us by now, anyway, unless they're fucking dense, so i don't see why it matters."

san grins at wooyoung's confidence, finger reaching up to gently brush against the art on his cheek. "you're so brave for doing all of this..."

"san~" wooyoung whines. "don't say things like that."

"but you deserve to know, youngie!"

wooyoung's chest fills up with warmth at san's reasoning. "you might think so, but you're making me want to kiss you."

"well..." cheeks blossoming a faint pink, san bites his lip. "what's stopping you?"

wooyoung leans back, cocking his head to the side at the latter. "what if i say nothing?" and when san's features are masked with surprise, he continues, "want to break the internet with me, darling?"

san laughs in disbelief. "break the internet how?"

"come on, play along with me! i can imagine the headlines—" wooyoung clears his throat for effect "—soccer player and ex-cheerleader make out on live television!"

"ex-cheerleader?"

"that's much more interesting than ulzzang, or something!"

"you're only saying that becau—" intervening with san's plans to protest, wooyoung presses his lips onto his fiancé's. as expected, san immediately melts into the kiss, slow and breath-taking, tilting his head as his mouth smoothly glides against wooyoung's.

nothing has changed. six years have been, but the usual butterflies due to wooyoung's touch still swarms san's stomach. because even after so long, his love for the younger has never faltered. and as long as san breathes the same air as wooyoung, it never will — if there's one thing he's sure about, it has to be that.

no matter what the future possibly holds for the two boys, wooyoung is san's eternity, and san is wooyoung's.

———

a/n: now what the actual fuck was i thinking when i decided to write an entire 5000+ word long epilogue on football🚶‍♀️(and yes i say football, cry ab it, americans)

anyway yeah uhm thank u for getting through this, i promise u it wasn't initially meant to come out this long but here we are unfortunately 🤩

as much as i want to, i'm not gonna give another sappy speech but uhhhh i have one thing,, i kinda have a new fic (already bc i couldnt wait) and its a jongsang and if u wanna check it out, you can, i'd appreciate it lots! its v different to anything i've ever posted before but i'm real excited for ppl to read bc this has been sitting in my drafts for so long it's sad

okay that's all i think, i luv u all lots nd i hope u're taking care of yourselves!<33

never forget, woosan superiority ‼️‼️‼️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

322K 13.6K 28
" if you don't stop doing that , i won't be able to stop myself " -San After three years, San is reunited with his childhood friend Wooyoung. However...
67.9K 3.9K 90
"i didn't think i'd ever feel safe again..." "do you feel safe now?" "choi san... you make me feel safer than i ever have in my life." - in which woo...
123K 6.9K 27
[COMPLETE] In which the most popular boy in school stops caring about his popularity when he meets and falls for the least popular boy in school.
130K 5.8K 17
"Why are you looking at him?" "I can look at who I want." "Only look at me." -in which san only wants wooyoung to look at him- -------- #28 In Woos...