A Sunny Day | Beomjun

By bluerain360

It was a sunny day when Jiwon and Nari were strolling their way back from the university as they discussed th... More

Author's note + Special mentions
Crown
20cm
Blue Orangeade
Our Summer
No Rules
Nap of the star
What If I Had Been That Puma
Maze in the Mirror
Cat & Dog
Poppin' Star
Fairy of Shampoo
Can't We Just Leave The Monster Alive?
Dear Sputnik
Angel or Devil
Ito
Runaway
Eternally
Magic Island
0X1=LOVESONG
Your Light

Frost

245 6 0
By bluerain360

Spring's here but warmth is nowhere to be found
Sharp needles sprout out the window

°°°

Special mention and appearance:

Dahyun and Tzuyu of TWICE

°°°

Yeonjun's place

Soobin got fresh apples and an Americano for Yeonjun which he couldn't be more grateful for.

"Our neighbours have many apple trees in their orchard so they gave me some apples as well." said Soobin.

"Delicious," said Yeonjun as he took a bite of the fresh ripe apple.

"How's your back now hyung?" asked Soobin, sitting beside Yeonjun on the bed.

"It's better since I've been taking a rest. This time I really messed up," he sighed.

"No hyung. Don't think like that," Soobin comforted, "You are still the best dancer and no one can change that."

Yeonjun had a bright smile from his friend's words, "Thanks Soobin."

"It's about time," said Soobin, placing the laptop on the bed. It was after a while when the two younger friends showed up on the screen.

"Hey," Taehyun and Hueningkai waved with bright smiles. The older guys greeted back mirroring the smile.

"How are you feeling Yeonjun hyung?" Hueningkai asked.

"I have been taking a rest so it's a little bit better but still...the fact that I won't be able to perform with my group is just making me so sad."

"Accidents happen hyung," consoled Taehyun, "I am sure you're going to get even bigger and better opportunities in the future."

"Yes Taehyun is right," said Soobin, placing a hand on Yeonjun's shoulder, "Yeonjun hyung is the IT boy. He's definitely gonna make it big."

"Agreed," nodded Taehyun.

"After your back recovers, We'll have a party at Soobin hyung's mansion. It's going to be fun!" cheered Hueningkai.

"Of course," beamed Yeonjun, "When are you guys coming back to Seoul?"

"After our unit tests we'll have a lot of free time", said Taehyun, "Then we can definitely visit."

"That's great," chimed Yeonjun, "I am really looking forward to it.

"By the way Beomgyu hyung's birthday is coming soon," said Hueningkai, "What should we give him?"

"Oh~ I remember," said Soobin, "Lets plan a surprise for him. We'll bring the cake."

"Of course," said Taehyun, "We'll be there as well."

"Yes!" Hueningkai chimed.

"Yeonjun hyung, this time let Beomgyu hyung blow the candles," said Taehyun and everyone laughed.

"Its not Beomgyu's birthday if Yeonjun hyung doesn't blow the candles first," joined Soobin.

"We can record video messages for him. How about that?" suggested Taehyun.

"Woah! Thats a great idea. Beomgyu hyung will be very happy," said Hueningkai.

"We can prank him first before giving him the actual gift," suggested Taehyun.

"Good idea!" said Soobin, "Lets record his reaction as well."

"He's very smart. He's not gonna fall for that," remarked Yeonjun.

"That's true," nodded Soobin.

"I have an idea! Taehyun can do a magic show," suggested Kai.

"Yes I can if you become my assistant," smiled Taehyun.

"It'll be a pleasure," Kai bowed playfully.

"Wait wait. I have a good one," chimed Yeonjun," What kind of birthday cake do you get for a coffee lover? - Choco-latte."

Everyone clapped.

"Nice one Hyung," said Taehyun, "It's a good one if it's meant for Nari noona since you told us she drinks a lot of coffee."

"Yeah I just thought of her while thinking about this joke," Yeonjun laughed, before he trailed off, "Hopefully she is okay."

°°°

Hanlim University

Nari was in French class and a smile crept up her face when the thought of Yeonjun crossed her mind.

She felt bad since she couldn't see him today. Honestly in her cranky mood he was the only person who could make her smile.

For some reason she felt squirmish in her seat as she grabbed the hem of her yellow dress. Something was not right. Even though she loved CL's class, it was becoming unbearable for her to sit.

"Hey, you okay?" Asked Felix, noticing her tense features.

"Oh yeah," she nodded, "I am fine."

Nari dropped her pen next to a girl on the front bench. Even though she stretched her arm she couldn't reach it so she had to get up from her seat and kneel down to pick it up.

There was no big deal to it however as soon as she got back up she saw Felix's face plastered with a horrified look which scared her too so she asked him what was going on as she took her seat.

"Noona..." He hesitated, "On your dress there is..."

She narrowed her eyes at him. What was he trying to say?

He motioned her to come closer and so she leaned in his direction and he whispered in her ear the words no girl ever wanted to hear, "You have a big red splotch on your dress."

Nari's stomach dropped. If Felix saw it then others must've seen it too, thought Nari. She wanted to cover her face but then she saw Felix who seemed genuinely worried for her.

"Noona its okay," he consoled in a soft tone, "It's normal."

Nari nodded with a small smile. He was right. She had nothing to be ashamed of but the question was how was she going to get up without flashing her red splotch to the class. She didn't even bring a pad or a tampon.

She reached out to the girl in the front, "Psst Tzuyu. Do you have a pad or a tampon?"

"Wait Unnie," Tzuyu said softly before nudging her friend Dahyun. Tzuyu conveyed it to her and Dahyun looked at Nari and nodded.

She passed on the pad to Tzuyu from under the bench and Tzuyu passed it on to Nari.

"Thank you so much," Nari said.

"It's Okay Unnie," Tzuyu replied.

Now the only challenge that lay ahead of Nari was to excuse herself without the red stain to be seen.

Felix unbuttoned his sweater, handing it to Nari, "Here you go."

"Thanks a ton Felix."

She finally tied the sweater around her waist, excusing herself from the class.

As soon as she entered the restroom she took a breath of relief. Phew. That was a really close call.

She looked into her reflection in the mirror and noticed how her skin looked dull and there was a breakout on her cheek. Man, periods are terrible.

Even after placing her pad she couldn't help but feel extremely uneasy and most importantly she didn't want to go near anyone except for him.

Music Room

The music room was one of the places where lately Nari had been finding some calm thanks to Beomgyu.

Beomgyu walked over to Nari, greeting her with a hug.

Even though she pulled away, his hand never left her waist.

"Whose sweater is this?" He asked, looking down.

"It's Felix's. I had a little accident in class."

"Did you get hurt?"

"No," she chuckled, "I had my period."

"Ahh..." He let out, "How do you feel?"

"Weird," she softly smiled, looking into his eyes, "but with you I feel a bit calm."

He smirked, holding her waist tighter. Before his hand reached Nari's hips she slightly pushed him back and he finally let go.

"I am sorry," he said, "I kinda got carried away. I can't help it honestly 'coz you're so beautiful."

She laughed, "You're much more beautiful,"

Lately Nari and Beomgyu had gotten closer and he often flirted with her which she didn't mind at all as long as he didn't take anything too far.

Beomgyu was a nice guy but...she still didn't feel ready to be in a relationship. She hadn't confessed her feelings to Yeonjun yet. Even if he rejected her she wanted to let it out once before moving further with anyone else.

"So do you have a stomach ache?" He asked, placing a hand on her belly. Nari playfully slapped his hand.

"A little bit," she confided, "I feel uneasy."

"Can I do something to cheer you up," asked Beomgyu.

"I don't know," she muttered, "I just wanna change and take a bath as soon as possible."

"Me too," chimed Beomgyu, "How about we take it together?"

Nari laughed, "No thanks I take my showers alone."

"You wouldn't have said No to Yeonjun hyung though if he made the same offer."

"Maybe," she shrugged.

"Tell me what is in Yeonjun hyung that I don't have?" He implored, "I am handsome and can play a guitar and write songs as well."

"True. But Yeonjun is my crush so I just like everything he does. Every little thing," Nari smiled.

"You really are fond of him. Sadly it's not me." He pouted.

"I like you too. It's just that we should stay friends for now. Nothing more."

Beomgyu chuckled suddenly, baffling Nari.

"You know whenever I shower I always think about you," he confessed, "and believe me it's the best feeling."

"What do you imagine?" She implored.

"You wanna know?" He winked and Nari nodded.

He leaned in whispering in her ear which made Nari giggle. "You sure do have a wild imagination," she commented.

"I know! And I wanna make it a reality with you," said Beomgyu in his deep voice, gazing into Nari's eyes.

"When you say stuff like that it really makes me...."

Beomgyu smirked, moving closer to Nari, waiting to hear it from her but she paused.

"I'll not say anything," she said.

"C'mon Nari finish it. I wanna hear it from you."

"No."

"Please..."

"No."

°°°

Yeonjun's place

Yeonjun realised that while spending time with Soobin he completely forgot about his phone. He fumbled for his phone under his sheets and as he unlocked it, his eyes widened to see so many messages from his friends and everyone in the dance team wishing him fast recovery.

"Get well soon hyung! You can do this. We miss you."

"Get well soon Jagi. You worked hard now it's time to rest," wrote Wooyoung, that made him smile.

"Get well soon Oppa. Fighting!"

"Do what the doctor said and don't be a pabo, trying to push yourself again. Me and Nari are visiting tomorrow until then rest enough or we'll personally tape you to your bed," wrote Beomgyu. Yeonjun laughed.

He laid down, staring at the ceiling as he sighed.

"Get well soon Yeonjun and don't blame yourself for anything. You'll be fine and I am sure that you have an amazing future ahead," wrote Nari.

Yeonjun believed Nari always knew how to say the most comforting words. He clicked on her new profile picture and it was a picture of her in sunglasses.

She looks hot, he thought then immediately mentally cursed himself for that.

Are these painkillers messing with my head?

However he wrote to Nari, "Thanks ;) btw nice dp."

Yeonjun was expecting Jiwon to arrive sooner or later as he lay in his bed, bored out of his mind.

She must be at the University, he thought.

He and Jiwon have had deep conversations before but this one so far he really wished to continue, still recalling the moments where he got to share his real self with her.

The door bell rang and Yeonjun looked up in anticipation.

He heard his Eomma's footsteps heading towards the door and the sound of her warm voice, welcoming someone.

Yeonjun pushed himself into a sitting position as he heard the footsteps. However it was the sound of heels and he knew right away who it was.

"Hey Yeonjun!" Nari greeted cheerily as she looked inside the dim lit room.

"Noona!" Yeonjun greeted, "I am so glad to see you. Come inside."

Nari settled next to Yeonjun on his bed as they exchanged smiles. Yeonjun couldn't deny he was just as happy to see Nari. Her knee length black dress really complimented her complexion.

"How's your back now?" Nari asked.

"Its better. Since I've been on bed rest for a few days now. I feel way better."

"I am so glad. Everything will be okay Yeonjun," said Nari, giving Yeonjun a reassuring smile.

Yeonjun lowered his gaze, pressing his lips together as he shook his head.

"I hope so too Noona," he spoke with a smile.

"Have you been feeling better?" he asked as he continued, "That day when you told me about everything. Your Eomma calling you back to Busan and your mental health deterioration, it really worried me. I felt so bad that I didn't get the chance to speak with you about it because I got busy with my dance practice and now this injury."

"It's okay Yeonjun. I spoke to Eomma and I promised her that I'll try my best to get better and cut down on coffee so that she doesn't need to worry. It's not like I don't want to live with her but it's just that I'd be happier if I can bring her and Appa to Seoul instead."

"That's beautiful," Yeonjun smiled, "I also dream of having my own place but I can never leave my Eomma and Appa and I am glad they are always by my side. Hopefully your dreams come true Noona."

"Speaking of dreams, last night I had a dream of you," Nari said, sheepishly.

"What was it about?" Yeonjun laughed.

"In that dream you were my lover and I was so happy but then I woke up. Today I said to myself what if that dream could become a reality. I should take a chance so here I am telling you that...I really like you Yeonjun." Nari confessed, her gaze lowered.

There was silence for a few seconds before Yeonjun began, "Noona...I am really thankful that you told me about your feelings and I am really fond of you but..." Yeonjun paused, biting his lip, "I like someone else."

Nari nodded, "Is it someone from the dance major?"

Yeonjun shook his head, "No it's..."

Nari's heart stammered when Yeonjun paused. Who was she?

"Its Jiwon," Yeonjun revealed.

She narrowed her eyes at Yeonjun as if to decipher what he just said.

"Its true Noona."

"I understand. Jiwon is a great girl. She is kind and sweet and..."

"So are you," said Yeonjun, "You are very sweet too and you've always been there for me."

Nari nodded, "I-I think I should go now. I am having a stomach ache."

"But Noona..."

"No it's okay. I understand. I just need to be alone for now." Said that Nari walked away.

On the way to the stairs, Nari had tears in her eyes.

Nari sobbed on the foot of the stairs, hugging herself. Even though she already had the hunch that it wasn't her that Yeonjun liked so why did it hurt so much? Why was she in so much pain? Her heart was sinking to no return like a thorn piercing through it.

°°°

Thanks for reading 💕

Do give feedback..it means a lot to me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 57.4K 36
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
1M 18.6K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
5.1K 210 4
🔞🔞🔞 Some random stories about Fourth and Gemini 《FOURTH x GEMINI》 Language: English All chapters are FourthxGemini/Top Fourth & Bottom Gemini, NO...
Fake Love By :)

Fanfiction

137K 3.1K 46
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...