I Shut the Door - Harry Style...

By Harrys_Gravy_Taster

Leaving it all behind seemed like the best thing for young Tash when he life is just seems way too out of con... More

Leaving it all behind - Chapter 1
Decisions, Decisions - Chapter 2
Stuck here with you - Chapter 3
It's a good thing, right? - Chapter 4
Don't feel guilty - Chapter 5
Check on me - Chapter 6
Don't leave me - Chapter 7
No such thing as empathy - Chapter 8
You really think I care - Chapter 9
Too much? - Chapter 10
Time goes by fast - Chapter 11
Goodbye and Hello - Chapter 12
With you - Chapter 13
Unexpected attention - Chapter 14
Changing Places - Chapter 15
You have me - Chapter 16
Everything was so good - Chapter 17
Progress - Chapter 18
Chemistry - Chapter 19
Nice to meet you - Chapter 20
Best time of the year - Chapter 21
Slow - Chapter 22
Resolutions - Chapter 23
Bye, bye lover - Chapter 24
New home - Chapter 25
There's a first day for everything - Chapter 26
New opportunities - Chapter 27
A big day - Chapter 28
Finally - Chapter 29
They're here - Chapter 30
Sing along with me - Chapter 31
Making up for the time we had lost - Chapter 32
Fairness - Chapter 33
I hope they never see me - Chapter 35
New Girl - Chapter 36
Finding out - Chapter 37
Starting to feel like home - Chapter 38
A home? I don't have a home - Chapter 39

You were the best thing in my life but now you're the worst - Chapter 34

1K 15 4
By Harrys_Gravy_Taster

We had about 4 more days in this amazing house. It was all furnished and looked amazing; I couldn’t ask it to look any better. We woke up to a phone call, it was 6am and I couldn’t possibly imagine who would be calling because let’s be honest, none of the boys are early risers and my parents wouldn’t dare try and wake me up via a phone call.

“Hello?” Harry answered the phone in his sexy and manly morning voice.

“Yep I am free for a chat now.” Harry said walking into the other room.

I was just too tired so I fell back into a nice light sleep until I was shaken awake by Harry.

“What?! What do you want?!” I wined as he shook me awake.

“Jared’s coming around in 15 minutes.”

“Call Liam to come over and you need to get out of here!” I said to Harry and he groaned at me.

Harry did as I asked and called Liam while I got dressed. Some light blue denim ripped shorts and an oversized yellow singlet kind of thing tucked in and I looked good. I ran into the kitchen and opened 2 beers, one for me and one for Jared. I turned the TV on and put the footy on.

Liam arrived at the door and Harry left. I was nervous and Liam could tell.

“You’ll be fine Tash; I promise nothing bad will happen.”

The doorbell rang twice and Liam told me to sit down and wait on the couch. Jared entered the room and sat on the couch opposite me. He took the beer and drank some of it and stayed quiet.

“Why is the boybander here?” Jared asked.

“Because he is, didn’t you hear I got bashed and to be honest I don’t want that happening again.”

“You think I would bash you?!”

“Well you didn’t seem very happy with me over text messages and neither in any phone calls so I wasn’t ready to take risks.”

“Look I came here to talk about us.” Jared admitted.

“Jared-“

“Tash, I love you, I have for a long time why Harry over me?” Jared begged to know “I just want to know why, the real reasoning too.”

“I love Harry, Jared you don’t understand how happy he makes me, I haven’t been this happy in so long.” I explained “He understands me and how I am different, he doesn’t make me chose between him and my friends, he didn’t try to do what you did.”

“I did that because I love you Tash, you don’t understand that!”

“If you loved me you would want me to be happy and I am happy.”

“What about when he’s gone? Are you happy then? When he is off with other women partying and signing autographs and you’re at home are you happy then?” Jared demanded me to answer.

“Jared that’s his job!”

“I could be there 24/7 for you, caring for you and loving you.”

“I don’t care Jared what you could be doing because frankly I don’t give a flying fuck what you could be doing or what you would be doing I really don’t care! I love Harry and I know he will always be there for me and if that’s such a problem then leave.”

“Wow Jordan was right you are a two faced, stubborn bitch aren’t you.”

“GET THE FUCK OUT JARED!” I yelled at him. He stood up and looked at me and smirked. “DIDN’T YOU FUCKING HEAR ME I SAID GET OUT CUNT!”

“How about no.” Jared said as he shoved me, He shoved me in the shoulder where I was still recovering and that’s where pain shot up into my back and it killed, I nearly yelped.

“Alright Jared you crossed the line get out before I smash your fucking face.” Liam said grabbing his shirt and flinging him away from me. “I fucking warned you.”

Liam punched him in the face and threw him out, it looked as if his nose was bleeding and it looked like it was broken. Liam slammed the door and I just felt nothing. I really did just lose someone who was very important in my life but I had to say he had changed. The old him would have never, ever said any of those things to me and what he said really hurt.

“You’re okay.” Liam said pulling me into a hug and squishing me.

“I am just happy he is gone.” I sighed into Liam’s shoulder. “He shoved my shoulder.”

“Is that where you got hurt last time?” Liam asked, I nodded. “I’ll go get you a ice pack and something to eat.”

“Liam in all honesty I am not hungry.”

“You’re eati-“

“No Liam I’m not I feel sick just don’t even try today alright, I’m not in the mood right now.”

I sat down on the couch and a tear escaped my eye. It wasn’t just because I had just lost a best friend because honestly that happened in Paris, but the pain was excruciating.

“Should I call Harry?” Liam asked as he put a ice pack on my shoulder.

“Not yet, if he sees me like this he will go out and kill Jared and I mean it.”

“Alright, I won’t call him yet.”

“Hey can you just tell him I have had something to eat otherwise he would probably try and force it down my throat and that’s the last thing I want.”

“Tash, you need food.”

“Honestly Liam that took my appetite away, I promise I’ll have something later.”

“Okay fine but you better eat something later or I’ll tell Harry.”

“Fine.”

Liam went and got some deep heat out of my bag, I always keep it on me just in case of any injuries it always helps. Deep heat is a cream that helps untie knots in your muscles and it works really well, sportsmen use it after every game to make sure they won’t get any  knots tied in their muscles in the first place so they can perform their very best.

Liam came over, took the ice pack off and rubbed the cream into my shoulder it hurt like mad.

Harry came storming through the front door.

“What the fuck did that little asshole do to you?!” Harry yelled.

“Harry it was nothi-“

“It’s not nothing Tash! What did he do to your shoulder?” Harry asked “Tash answer me!”

“He shoved me but it’s okay Liam tell him what you did.” I sighed.

“I broke his nose.” Liam smirked looking up at Harry.

“I was lucky you were here otherwise he could’ve done a lot more than shove you.” Harry explained “Thank you Liam I really appreciate you looking after my girl.”

“Wow he is really protective.” Liam whispered into my ear.

“Like you hadn’t already noticed.” I whispered back.

“What are you two talking about?”

“Nothing Babe.” I smiled at him.

“I love you.” Harry said as he held my face with his big hands.

“I love you too.” I replied then kissing him passionately on the lips.

“Well I think I might leave you two to it! Have fun, be safe.” Liam smiled as he walked out the door.

“I’m sorry this happened to you, you don’t deserve it.”

“Why the fuck are you sorry Harry? It’s Jared who should apologize not you babe.”

“If I was here I could’ve stopped it.”

“Harry, Liam couldn’t even have stopped, he did it so unexpectedly.”

“Tell me what he said to you.”

I told him everything, what he told me and what really happened and he just sat there in a little shock but I knew he would be like that.

“I am not going to lie, I talked to him this morning, he promised me he wouldn’t hurt you and that he would be kind and understanding but he didn’t do what I fucking told him to do.”

“You called him?!”

“He called me.”

“How did you know I was hurt?”

“Jared called me and asked me if I really cared for you, and that’s when I knew.”

“Can we go out and do something today?” I asked “Something that will get my mind off of this.”

“Yeah of course what do you want to do?”

“I don’t know you think of something.”

“Why don’t we go somewhere in the country where we can drink wine and eat heaps of food.”

“Yeah okay but can we do it around lunch time, I don’t feel hungry right now.”

“Okay Babe, I’ll go check out a restaurant we can go to.”

Harry walked into our room and made a couple of phone calls but I sat on the couch with an ice pack on my shoulder. I was so tired but a buzz came from my pocket. I picked up the phone. For some strange reason Casey called.

“Hello?”

“Tash, you are coming home now, Jared just called us and told me and your father what you just did to him.”

“Casey I am not coming home you cant make me.”

“Giving Jared a broken nose was unacceptable you are not living with Bernie anymore and we don’t want you hanging around with those One Direction boys they are all bad influences on you.”

“Shut the fuck Casey, you don’t even know what happened.”

“What happened then?”

“Jared shoved me in my shoulder, the one I am still recovering from and he called me some very nasty names and he wouldn’t get out of Harry and I’s house so Liam punched him in the nose.”

“Bad influences like I told you.”

“Casey if Liam didn’t do that I would’ve been bashed again.” I explained “Liam saved me.”

“Liam had no reason to punch him in the nose.”

“So Jared has the right to bash me is that what you are saying?”

“It was because you were behaving like an animal.”

“Me? Behaving like an animal so Jared calling me horrible names like a two faced stubborn bitch isn’t acting like an animal? Okay I totally get that.”

“You’re coming home.”

“Sorry to disappoint you but I am not, you have no say in my life.”

Harry walked into the room and heard what I was saying on the phone so he took it off of me.

Harry’s P.O.V

“Hello Mrs. Smith this is Harry here.”

“I don’t want to talk to you Harry you are a bad influence on Tash.”

“Like you would even give a shit about her having a bad influence in her life.”

“I do she is the daughter of my husband.”

“Well let’s look back on how much you care about her; you let her run away from home without a phone, you treat her like absolute crap, you kick her out on a regular basis yeah that shows me how much you care about her.”

“Harry you know nothing about our family and what happens.”

“Actually I do, I am Tash’s boyfriend and she tells me everything, most of the time she is on the phone crying because of you so why don’t you stop trying to make her unhappy and leave her alone, you would do that if you really cared.”

“You are not good for her Harry either are the other boys and Bernie is even worse.”

“Bernie is one of the nicest guys I have ever met, he cares about Tash and he makes her happy and so do the other boys and if you think Jared is good for her you are totally wrong.”

“He would be a great boyfriend to her.”

“If you wanted her coming home with bruises and cuts all over her and if you wanted her to be depressed then Jared would be the best option.”

“He did nothing wrong but push her away.”

“Yeah and damage her shoulder really badly.”

“You know what Harry you are not welcome in our family.”

“Well Lauren thinks otherwise, Lauren loves me being around Tash maybe you should be more like her, she is a great mother and maybe you should take some tips off of her because you don’t seem to be doing a great job.”

“She is coming home tonight and you can’t stop her, Matt has bought her plane tickets and if she isn’t in Adelaide at 8pm when you are meant to be landing, you both will be in huge trouble.”

“Wow we are so scared.”

“If you don’t bring her to the airport by then I will come and get her.”

Casey hung up the phone and we had to think of something, it looked like we weren’t going out to lunch anymore.

“I am calling Lauren just relax Tash.”

I dialed Lauren’s number on Tash’s phone.

“Hello Lauren speaking.”

“Hi Lauren it’s Harry.”

“Hey Haz how are ya buddy?”

“Not great, Casey is forcing Tash to come back to Adelaide to live and if I don’t bring her to the airport she will come and get her and I will be in deep shit.”

“Okay, she has no right to do that.”

“She does, Matt agreed apparently Bernie, the boys and I are bad influences on Tash.”

“What the fuck! Why?”

“Well Jared came over damaged her shoulder and then Liam broke his nose but only to protect Tash but I think Casey just wants to screw with Tash.”

“Thank Liam for doing that for me, is Tash okay?”

“Yeah she’s a bit sore but I am looking after her.”

“Good thank you Harry.”

“So do you have any ideas of what we can do?”

“You are allowed to take her out of the country, I said so okay just don’t let her come back to Adelaide, even if you just send her back to Melbourne.”

“Is she allowed to come with us?”

“I said she can just do it if you want to, just anything to keep her away from her Dad and Casey alright.”

“Thanks Lauren you are the best!”

“Or I have a good plan.”

“If you want you can all come and stay at my house, I have 5 beds and they would never expect to come and look for you here.”

“That is so sneaky and good!”

“And then after a few days I can send her back to Melbourne and you guys can go ahead and do whatever!”

“That sounds good I think we should do it!” I said, we didn’t have any more concerts in Australia so it would be fine.

“Alright I have to go but leave soon buy you tickets now, you cannot be seen at the airport.”

“Alright thanks Lauren, Bye.”

I hung up the phone and told Paul, he said he would call the boys, the plane tickets were bought and we all had disguises ready for getting of the plane and through the airport.

We packed up our bags fast. I put on a totally different outfit, some black jeans with a patterned knitted jumper. Tash put on some black jeans, some black 6 inch heels, a denim button up shirt with a brown leather hand bag. She did her makeup, a brown smoky eye and some light lip stick like a neutral brown colour with some brown coloured blush to define her cheek bones. It was surprising how she didn’t really look like her, she looked totally different. I knew her Matt or Casey wouldn’t recognize her as they haven’t even seen her dark hair in real life and I don’t think they have seen her with her makeup like this before wither.

“And now for the finishing touch.” She smiled getting our a little box and opening it. Green contact lenses, perfect. He put them in and she didn’t look like her anymore, her bright blue eyes always made her stand out but now she looked like a bit of a stranger but a hot one. 

I decided I needed to look a little different too, I looked through my bag and found my old glasses, they were rectangular glasses too which made my eyes look bigger. I put my hair into a quaff and gelled it to the sides but I realized I think I needed contacts too as my eyes are bright green and very noticeable.

“Do you have any more contact lenses left?”

“Yeah I have 2 more of the brown ones, blue ones, green ones and hazel ones what ones do you want?”

“I’ll have the brown ones please, why do you have so many?”

“Just in case, you never know when you might need them.” Tash smiled as she handed me the chocolate brown contact lenses. I put them in and I certainly looked different but I just looked similar, it was the dimples but I just had to keep a straight face so they wouldn’t show.

The boys arrived at our beach house with Paul. We had to make them look different too.

The boys looked really impressed with our make overs so we were all exited to make over the other boys.

“Okay your flight is in a 2 hours so be at the airport in an hour, I am not going to be there, none of the security guards will be but we will be coming to get you in 3 more days alright, you will also have to catch a taxi to get there alright?”

“Yes, thank you Paul.” Tash said giving Paul a big hug.

“Anytime Tash, whenever you need any of the boys help or my help just give me a call alright?” Paul said kissing her on the forehead as she hugged him.

“Okay thank you.”

“Bye everyone!” Paul said.

“Bye!” We all said all synchronized.

“Let’s start with Niall.” I smiled. “Okay we are going to dye your hair dark brown and curl your hair and then we are going to give you hazel eyes.”

“But I want to stay blonde!”

“It’s a wash out dye so it’s okay.”

“Fine, Fine!”

Tash’s P.O.V

I dyed Niall’s hair brown and curled it and he literally looked so different and so when I put his contacts in he looked awesome! Clothes wise we put him in some dark blue skinny jeans and put him in a plaid button up shirt.

I then went onto Louis where I decided to keep his hair colour the same and give him brown contacts but with his hair brush it all down and cover his eyes so he would look a little emo. I am also giving him a lip ring and some eyeliner.  We put Louis in one of Zayn’s camouflage jackets with a black top underneath and some black skinny jeans. Easy that was Louis done.

The it was Liam, this was going to be hard as he had his buzz cut. I decided make him wear a beanie and some blue eye contacts. For clothes we put him some low crotch dark blue denim jeans, a white t-shirt and a denim jacket.

Then it was Zayn, I really had no idea what to do with him.

“Zayn, can we bleach your hair?”

“Fine, but when I get to Adelaide I am dying my hair back to black.”

“That’s fine with me.”

I bleached his hair and put some green contacts in his eyes. It was the clothes that confused me too. I put him in some tight skinny jeans with a white long sleeve top and a black duffle coat.

Harry called a large taxi to come and pick us up, we had 15 minutes to work out a plan so no one would notice any of us.

“Okay so we cannot walk together or be together we have to be separated.” Liam explained.

“Tash needs to walk with someone.” Harry nodded.

“Get her to walk with me, I look the most like myself so if she walks with me they’ll know it’s not me.” Louis explained we both nodded.

“Okay so everyone I will put my Mum’s address in everyone’s phones so we can all catch separate taxi’s so it looks like we are not together.” I told them.

“Okay so the plan is: We get out the plane and we separate, Tash you go with Louis though, we get our bags and wait out the front of the airport and get a taxi, we got to your Mum’s house and unpack our things and make another plan from there.” Zayn said.

“Okay have we all go it?” Niall asked.

“Oh and also don’t talk to anyone otherwise they’ll know straight away just ignore people.” I told them, “Well unless you really have to just try an American accent or something.”

“Yup let’s do this!” Liam said.

The taxi arrived, we piled our bags into the car and we were off! First we stopped off at McDonalds to get a coffee and some food and then we headed off to the airport. I just really hope this will work the last thing I want to do is go back to my Dad’s house I would really cry and beg to leave. I was fine to see my Dad and talk to him but to live with him and Casey was a lot to ask.

We arrived at the airport and walked in, we all separated and went through, put our bags in the luggage part of the airport, went through the metal detectors and went to our gate and sat in different areas of the gate seats. Louis and I sat down on one of the seats near the front and waited for us to call us onto the plane.

“Hold my hand; we need to look like a couple.” Louis whispered.

“Fine but if Harry gets pissed it’s not my fault.”

“Flight 109 board the plane.” The announcement said.

“That’s us.” I sighed getting up and walking hand in hand with Louis to ramp that gets us onto the plane. We showed the lady our ticket and boarded the plane and we sat next to each other. I looked over at Harry and he smiled seductively at me and I did it back.

It didn’t take long on the plane to get to Adelaide but the plane landed and we had to get off. I texted all the boys my Mum’s address and we were all ready. We got our bags and walked outside and I spotted Casey and my Dad. What the fuck were they doing here already?! I nearly hesitated and walked the other way but I couldn’t then they would know. Louis knew it was them when he looked at me. We kept walking until we got outside the airport. Louis got a packet of cigarettes out his pocked and lighted one for me and one for him, he said it would make it look like it wasn’t us because neither of us smoked. They walked away in a different direction and when I thought we were off the hook I felt a tap on the shoulder and I turned around and there the step monster stood.

“Hello just asking if you know Tash Smith? You look quite familiar.” Casey asked me. She looked right at me, I knew what she was thinking I knew she thought I looked similar. I smiled knowing exactly what I would do. I sucked in the smoke of the cigarette and blew the smoke into her face.

“Désolé chienne, je ne veux plus jamais vivre avec vous si je me laisse la baise seul, merci putain de trou du cul maintenant quitter.”

“Sorry for bothering you.” My Dad said as he walked off with Casey, they started walking slowly and we could hear what they were saying as they walked.

“I swear it’s her Matt they look so similar.”

“Casey she is French, she smokes, she has green eyes and really dark hair and she was with a boy that didn’t look anything like any of the boys in One Direction stop being so suspicious of everyone.”

“Look she looks familiar.” Casey said walking up to another girl and asking her.

Louis waited until they got inside of the airport.

“That was so fucking close!” Louis said blowing out nervous air “Thank god you know French!”

“Dude I was so scared, she thought it was me, I nearly shat my pants.”

We both put our cigarettes onto the ground and squished it with our feet. We looked to our side and saw Casey and Matt talking to Harry and he looked like he was cruising though it which was good. He looked calm and relaxed.

We got a taxi and went to my Mum’s house and we got there quite fast. I called my Mum to make sure the front door was ready to run into with our bags. We arrived at my Mum’s, grabbed our bags and ran into her house.

Mum let us in and shut the door she gave me a huge hug.

“Tash! I missed you so much, how’s your shoulder?”

“Yeah it’s a little sore but it should be fine.”

“Louis baby!” Mum said hugging him, Louis loves my Mum for some reason, it might be because she looks spitting image to Miranda Kerr but with blonde hair and a few years older.

“Hey Lauren I’ve missed you so much!” Louis said hugging her tighter.

“Same!” Mum laughed releasing herself from the hug. “Now put your bags under my bed in my room, your Dad just called me and said if you’re not at the airport at 8pm he will be coming to my house to talk so you’ll need to hide.”

“We can hide in the Garage, just give us some food and we should be okay.” I said.

“Is it sound proof?”

“Yeah it’s pretty sound proof but just don’t yell maybe whispering is the way to go down there.” Mum explained “If you want I could say I have a few British exchange students.”

“Well, Harry and I have been seen already by Matt and Casey so we can’t be exchange students but I am sure Niall, Liam and Zayn could.” Louis said. “I am sure they wouldn’t even think twice about them being One Direction lads.”

“Yeah they wouldn’t! I could hardly recognize you Lou and Tash I couldn’t believe it was you! You look like models! Both of you.”

“Dad and Casey came up to us and looked at us and they asked us if we knew ‘Tash Smith’ and I started swearing at her in French and they didn’t know what I was saying! It was so funny!”

“Shit! Go take your contacts out both of you and I’ll wait here for the other boys.”

Louis and I went to the bathroom and went back into the front room where Lauren was and Harry, Zayn, Niall and Liam were all sitting there.

“Casey questioned me.” Harry said “I think she recognized my voice even though I did and Irish accent I think she knows.”

“She questioned me too, this sucks.” Liam added.

“Well that means Zayn and Niall are my English exchange students and you four are in the Garage tonight.”

“What?” Niall asked.

“Matt and Casey are coming over tonight to talk to me so you all have to hide but Niall and Zayn can stay in one of our rooms and be my exchange students.” Lauren explained. “It’s already 7:30pm so what food and drinks would you guys like?”

“Japanese?” Louis asked. We all nodded.

“Okay, I’ll order it all now, if you want drinks there are some in this fridge and some in the garage fridge, Tash no beer for you alright.”

“I know.”

“Now it’s quite cold down there so grab some blankets and some pillows and if you need anything just text me alright?”

“Thanks Lauren!” Harry smiled.

Louis, Liam, Harry and I got the blankets and went down into the Garage. We set up a small fort behind the car so just in case they come down to the garage they wouldn’t be able to see us. We filled the fort up with pillows and quilts and got ready.

“Please don’t get angry but I put my phone on silent and put it on charge next to the couch in the front room and slid it under the couch so then we can hear what they were talking about so then we can make a plan.”

“Liam you are so smart!” Louis said patting him on the back.

“Wow if I ever needed to run away again I am calling you!” Harry laughed.

“Let’s just hope we don’t get caught.” I sighed.

I heard a car pull up outside the drive way and I looked down at my clock. 8:30pm. They are here.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

213K 4.6K 88
When Kylie turns 18 she moves to London to become a world famous model. This has been her dream since she was 13. When Kylie goes to an agency one d...
3K 68 24
Andy's parents die in car accident. Now Andy and her three siblings have to move from Canada to England to live with their Aunt Lily. Andy is very an...
5.6K 152 20
Carmen Payne, Liam Payne's little sister, is taking off of college for summer break. She decides to stay with Liam & his friends for the entire summe...
2.9K 131 14
Brady Thomas is lost. After losing the one thing that anchored her to reality, Brady has no choice but to run from the lingering pain left behind by...