Flash of Bravery (Book One)

By IzzyJoy

Two people have talents that will make you believe the impossible. One of them is Barry Allen; an ordinary ma... More

Sneak Peek
Prologue
Chapter 1: Impossiblites
Chapter 2: I Am The Only One
Chapter 3: Fire Trap
Chapter 4: The Project
Chapter 5: The Awakening
Chapter 6: Rambling Questions & Explanations
Chapter 7: The Closer I Get
Chapter 8: Fact or Opinion
Chapter 9: Out In The Light
Chapter 10: Her
Chapter 11: Him
Chapter 12: Return
Chapter 13: Growing Abilities
Chapter 14: Issue
Chapter 15: Rouge
Chapter 16: The World Has Shut Me Out
Chapter 17: The World Has Turned And Left Me Here
Chapter 18: Help! I'm Trapped in the World of Fear
Chapter 19: Tighten Knot
Chapter 20: The Way Our Anger Can Be Released
Chapter 21: Distraction of a Blinded Mind
Chapter 22: This Is War
Chapter 23: Why Is Darkness So Bright?
Chapter 24: You Should Know Where I'm Coming From
Chapter 25: Loosen Knot
Chapter 27: Is This Happiness?
Chapter 28: Based On Reality, I Know This Is True
Tracklist:
Acknolwedgements:

Chapter 26: When I Look At You, I See Darkness

3.2K 115 17
By IzzyJoy

This past week, the continuing gut feeling Andi has will not fade away. It stays like it's pain but it doesn't hurt her, it warns her. It throbs of a marking to tell her something. She just doesn't know what it's trying to tell her.

One day, as they enter S.T.A.R. Labs, Andi can feel Barry's hand shifting into Andi's palm. Andi takes his hand while smiling at the ground. Meanwhile, a warm feeling has entered her chest. Somehow letting Andi know this is a good feeling that she had always felt around Barry. Besides that, Andi notices the difference from what she ever felt with Michael.

"Barry I told Cisco and Caitlin about us." Andi pauses shortly for Barry to react. "I hope that was okay because if they knew about us being together, then that could be one step into making make our relationship official." Barry can easily tell Andi's nervous by her change of voice.

Barry doesn't know what to say. He doesn't want to say anything. His blank expression does scare Andi but once he drops his shoulders into a sigh, she becomes relieved. "I'm actually glad you told them."

Andi raises an eyebrow in confusion. "You are? You aren't mad-at all?"

"No, I couldn't be mad." Barry says, "I actually told Joe last night."

Andi lights punches Barry on his arm. Barry pretends for it to hurt while Andi explains, "You had me worried for nothing."

What catches Andi off guard is Barry's unexpected kiss which in fact, stops all of her worries. Luckily, Andi can kiss back at a close height level with her shoes. Her black ankle boots give her some support with the small heels.

"Okay you two," Cisco tells Andi and Barry to get their attention. "There are some people who would be more comfortable if you got a room. But right now, Barry, I need your help." Cisco jokes. "Here you go." He hands Barry the flame thrower while he carries the cold gun. "Walk with me."

Barry looks back at Andi with a face saying 'Save me'. Andi giggles at his reaction then waves at him with a grin forming on her lips.

It won't be that bad, Andi says in Barry's mind.

I would have to leave you, that's already bad.

Only for a little bit. I'll be waiting for you. Then we can find that room Cisco mentioned.

I like the sound of that.

Andi exits the corridor and walks to the desk where she finds Caitlin on one of the computers. "Hey, Caitlin." Andi says with a tone telling Caitlin she needs to talk to her.

Caitlin spins her chair to Andi's direction while she holds out both hands forming her fingers to make peace signs. "What is it, girlfriend?" She says in a gangster type voice.

Andi waves her index finger around Caitlin to sympathize. "First, never do that again, that involves voice." Andi laughs. "Second, I just wanted to thank you about the advice you gave me at Jitters. I'll also have to thank Cisco later."

"No problem at all." Caitlin "I was happy to be able to talk to you about the typical men topic anyone women would causally talk about."

"You never did that type of stuff growing up, did you?" Andi teases her. Caitlin flashes a glare at Andi while pretending to laugh at her joke.

"Even though you don't remember me before you were frozen." Caitlin starts to say, causing Andi to frown by the fact she never had lost her memory. "We were best friends and I would like to continue that in any way I can."

At that moment, Andi starts to continue holding onto the reason why she won't tell Caitlin she remembers. She's keeping her safe. Both Caitlin and Cisco. Andi won't let this feeling get into the way of hurting her friends.

"I'm glad your my friend, Caitlin." Andi softly

"Oh, is it official?" Caitlin jumps at Andi along with eager in her smile.

Andi puts her hands in her leather jacket pockets. She raises a shoulder at the question. "I'm falling for him and he's falling for me. I told you and Cisco and he did tell Joe." Andi explains. "We're getting there. It's one step closer."

"So what's holding you back?" Caitlin asks. "Besides the way you sounded as you were saying it was one step closer."

"The I love you's." Andi shyly admits. "We haven't exchanged that yet like you told me-"

"Don't worry about that." Caitlin brushes off her own advice. "You both will at the right time. But it's more about if you and Barry are ready for a relationship of commitment."

Andi nods to show she understands. Andi presses her fingers in her grey sleeves of her cotton shirt, suddenly feeling cold. "Is it me, or is it suddenly getting cold like it is outside?"

"It's a little chilly in here." Caitlin agrees. "Maybe it's the AC?"

Andi looks where Caitlin is pointing on the wall. After Andi finds the thermostat to control the AC, she sees it at the right temperature, 74 degrees Fahrenheit. Then out of nowhere, Andi hears a male voice say, "The future needs to be checked."

Although she notices it wasn't a voice, it was a thought. Someone is thinking this and she can hear it. Andi uses her eyes to search around the room, noticing it's only her and Caitlin in there. Then the voice, the coldness, and the feeling she has in her chest mix together. Whatever is causing her to feel this way has to stop. Before it comes to life and turns into something she could have prevented.

She knows she has to act know. With Caitlin around she could get hurt. She will not let that happen again. Andi decides stands up from her seat. "I'll be right back." She tells Caitlin.

"Okay." Caitlin replies, still focusing on her computer game; Candy Crush.

The voice leads Andi through a hallway as if it had a path of crumbs for her to follow. She uses her hearing to sense the direction. When the voice becomes louder, she straightens her back and keep her hands balled into fists at her sides.

Soon she finds a door that lets her clearly hear the voices. She found where the voices are coming from. An amount of energy flows from that room. It hits Andi like air blowing past her body, stabbing her like knife.

Andi decides to use one of her powers to see into the room. She lays her hand on the door and let's her see inside. She can't trust her eyes of what she sees. Andi can only believe that they are deceiving her. But her brain is making her think about how it's possible for what she is seeing to be true.

Dr. Wells is standing.

Andi watches him walk to a pedestal in the middle of the room. He commands something involving the future to the wall in front of him. Next, a hologram of an article with The Flash on it pop up. It reads, The Central City Police Chief Honors The Flash & The Custodian With Medal.

She sees a picture of Barry's boss from the CCPD. The chief holds a for The Flash. Andi smiles for the fact that Barry will have a great future as The Flash. Even she will be rewarded as The Custodian. She never knew what she would call herself. After devoting herself to protect Barry, she must of knew the came would come up sometime. Although, there's a part of Andi that still thinks it's a bad idea to be a superhero.

"No!" Dr. Wells yells in an outburst. "It's all wrong!"

"Is there anything I can do, Dr. Wells?" A technical female voice asks.

"No, Gideon, that's alright." Dr. Wells says. "There's something I can do."

**

"Thank you for helping." Cisco tells Barry as they walk through the a hallway. "I needed an extra hand. Or two."

"Well I didn't have a choice." He laughs.

Out of the blue, Cisco brings up, "So is Bandi official?"

"Bandi?" Barry asks totally lost with confused. "Who's-what's Bandi?"

"Your ship name...with, Andi." Cisco explains hoping Barry wouldn't freak out at the idea.

Barry stops in his tracks. Is he and Andi official? They told people and they already got to the kissing. Something is missing. Before they can be together, it's like something is in their way that won't let them. "I love her." Barry slips out.

"Whaaat?" Cisco asks, becoming the one who's lost. "Did you say you love-"

"I love, Andi Brave!" Barry says even louder.

Barry is thankful for the women in his life. But for Andi, it's different. He couldn't be any happier especially because of the many ways Andi found herself to amuse him.

"Maybe you want to say that to her." Cisco suggests.

No more then a second, Barry flashes off out of the hallway and into the main lab. He stops and whooshes in blowing all the paper and hair in the room. He only sees Caitlin sitting down still playing Candy Crush.

"Where's Andi?" Barry asks still exciting for what he will tell her.

"She went to check the temperature." Caitlin points with her head towards the wall.Once Barry turns to the thermostat he realizes she's nowhere near the spot.

"I'll find her." He says. "She's somewhere around here."

**

All this time, this feelings had lead to Dr. Wells. This bad pain in her chest that weighed on her. Her boss is the enemy. Right now, questions is all Andi can think about. They enter her mind understanding she can't have them answers or Dr. Wells will know she's spying.

All she knows is she can't let anyone find out. Everyone's trust, faith, and respect, will be flushed in the toilet. She can't focus on herself, especially now. If anyone sees what she saw then-she can't even think about it.

Responsibility relies on her. This is becomes some rumor that everyone won't believe or she can't keep it to herself and find evidence. The choice is hers. Now curiosity is taking over, but curiosity killed the cat.

"Hey, whatcha looking at?" Barry asks as he makes his way up to her. "Andi, are you okay?" Barry waves a hand up and down in front of her face, bringing back her continuousness.

Andi quickly turns around to face Barry. "What-oh I-I was just...walking...around." Andi stutters as she think of her response.

Barry continues to stare at Andi, trying to read her reaction to what he asked. "Then why is your hand on the door?" Barry wonders, pointing out that Andi's hand is still on the door.

"Oh, right." Andi nervously excuses herself to take her hand off.

Andi glances back at the door that has now become locked. Barry doesn't try brushes off the situation seeing Andi acting nervous. Andi can tell Barry wants to do something. Maybe spot even get inside. She knows she can't let Barry get inside. She can't let him see Dr. Wells inside or what he is doing.

Barry looks up at the door behind her. He walks around Andi to find something to open it. No! Andi screams in her mind. Andi grabs Barry's wrist back and pulls him back. "Never mind the door, Barry."

"You're right." Barry agrees layi his hands on Andi's shoulders. "I have something to tell you."

Without thinking, Andi pecks Barry's lips but ending slowly, hoping he will forget about the door. She turns him the other way so he would only face in her direction. Then after the kiss, Barry tires to talk again. "No matter how good the kiss is this is important."

Andi links her arm with Barry's. "Then let's go somewhere else first." Andi tries to continue him. "Shall we?"

"Andi, wait." Barry tries to stop her.

Andi interrupts Barry and leads him to question her seriousness by asking him, "Do you want to fly somewhere?"

AN: Sorry about the slow update. I have been facing personal issues that have been causing me writer's block. Btw school came back last week from Spring Break and I'm spending time on schoolwork. I will try to write faster for the next chapters. Enjoy Flash of Bravery as it comes close to an end. Don't worry, Flash of Curiosity will be coming soon. Thank you everyone who supporting me by voting, commenting, and especially those who are reading.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124K 2.9K 20
Lilla was never normal. She's always been different. Could do thing normal people couldn't. She had to run away from her foster family to protect the...
988K 37.2K 88
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
1.2M 48K 53
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
58.2K 1.1K 43
Book (2) Sequel to my Flash x OC fan-fiction, Be You're Hero. Barry finally popped the question to Ella. They were engaged! But after his father's de...