The Life of Bill

By thejournaljunkie

The diary of a unique journey of an ordinary life lived by a not-so-unconventional being told in the perspect... More

Meeting Me
Dark Place
Strip Club
Perfect Lady
Happy Girl Part 1
Happy Girl Part 2
Happy Girl Part 3
Bad Deals
White Stuff
Snatched
Crimes
Goodbye
Author's Note

Old Person

8 2 1
By thejournaljunkie

I never really understood how much I meant to people. But like me, I just go with the flow of life.

I was peacefully in the hands of someone as they were walking along the city when suddenly, they just gave me away. I didn't know what happened but they left and never even looked back.

I was distraught at the act and I felt like I was useless. I was very young and very new to the world and they did that to me.

But just as I felt abandoned and forgotten, the night came, and the person I was with looked at me like I was the best thing that ever happened in their life.

They caressed me so softly, so preciously, and smiled. Then, after a while, cried.

I didn't know what to do. I didn't know what they were feeling. They were old and dusty and crusty and weak. I felt their hands shake as they held me. How I wish I knew what to do.

Is this what life is for everyone? People grow old and dusty and crusty and weak? And in spite of all that, still manage to smile in between tears?

How sad can the world get?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

922K 26.6K 43
Athena is trying to adjust in her newfound freedom but she is forcefully ripped away from it. But sometimes bad things happen for better!
255K 18.6K 22
Avantika Aadish Rajawat Aadi, with his fiery nature, adds intensity and excitement to their relationship, igniting a spark in Avni. Avni, like the ca...
408K 16.1K 48
Vikram, a senior officer, prioritizes his duty above all else, much like his father, ACP Rajendra. He has three siblings: one is an officer, and the...
233K 14.2K 45
The feeling of being abandoned by one's own family was not unknown to Aadhira. She hates her family for abandoning her when she was only a newborn, l...