Alpha, Beta, Gamma? [bxb]

By photographybook

[Book Two of The Murdag Chronicles] The war between the Wolves and Sprites is raging on around them, but it i... More

Prologue - Mates
Attack.
Midnight.
Smoke.
The Girl Who Cried Wolf.
Bad Awakening.
Alpha.
The Future.
Winter.
Stüpp.

Blood.

348 15 5
By photographybook

[Luke]

In the morning, Kilyan was gone. I knew he would be but it still hurt. I could feel my wolf curling into itself in the back of my mind and his blatant lack of communication was starting to get to me. I swung my legs out of bed and pushed myself up, but my head started pounding harshly and black dots appeared in my vision. I clutched my head as my body swayed slightly and my breathing was laboured when it stopped. I sighed and got dressed quickly after taking a shower. Downstairs my best friend, her mate and pup were already in the kitchen, making breakfast. I watched them with a longing feeling in my gut. Lucian was cooking while Eden tried to make Gia take her vitamins, that she still needed from being malnourished since she had run away from the Consi. The little girl refused them with a smile in her eyes, claiming she felt fine but Eddie wouldn't hear it. The week she had been here without Gia had been a very bad time in her life. I remember that she was very passive and even though she was enjoying home, a part of her had been missing that week. Now when I looked at her as she struggled with her child and her loving mate, I was happy for her. I sighed as pictures of a similar scene with different people popped into my head and stepped into the kitchen.

"Lukey!" Gia exclaimed happily and jumped off of the chair, leaving an exasperated Eden and a chuckling Lucian behind. I grinned as he walked up to Eddie and dropped a kiss on her neck, before he turned back to the stove. Lifting Gia up over my head I spun her around.

"How is my princess this morni-"I broke off when a shooting pain ripped through my stomach. I set Gia down before I could drop her and groaned in pain.

"Lukey?" Gia asked and I could hear tears in her voice.

"I'm- okay, princess. Don't- worry." I groaned passed the excruciating pains wrecking my abdomen. I felt soft, small hands on my shoulders suddenly and heard Eden say something to Gia and Lucian, then I was guided out of the kitchen and onto a couch in the living room.

"Lukey? Lukey?" Eddie's soft voice called out to me but all I could do was curl up into a little ball and hope for the pain to subside.

"Lukey?" I finally opened my eyes and saw tears running down her face. "Do you want some water? Food? Vodka?" I tried a chuckle but winced in pain before a sound had left my lips. Eddie's face was scrunched up in worry and pain from seeing me like this and she looked so helpless I wanted to cry. It wasn't like her to be helpless. That first week she'd been back had been bad enough but now? Now it was my fault. She didn't really know how badly a rejection hurt. Her being half-fairy helped her wolf deal with the pain. Rejection symptoms varied from wolf to wolf anyway and I didn't know a lot about fairy rejections but from what I've heard a rejection causes more of a loss of power than pain; her wolf was relieved of some pain by her fairy.

"Lukey? Here's some tea..." I looked up and saw tears in her eyes. "That stupid-"

"Don't." was all I said and she stayed silent but I caught the protective glint in her eyes and knew she wasn't going to just leave it at that. I kept quiet though and took the tea, inhaling the warm, soothing steam. The hot liquid burnt its way down my throat but I relished in the stinging pain as it distracted me from the throbbing in my stomach. I felt something crawl into my lap and when I looked down it was little Gia, curled into a tiny ball. I smiled and ran my fingers through her soft hair. My head shot up to look at Eden when the girl in my lap started purring like a cat.

"She seems to think that because we're wolves, she should be a cat." Lucian chuckled as he walked into the room.
"Breakfast's ready." Gia lifted her head lazily and climbed off of my lap slowly, stretching before falling towards Lucian knowing that he would lunge and catch her. She giggled when he caught her and snuggled into his chest. Eden pulled me up off the couch and into the kitchen; I felt like I fit right in but my wolf wouldn't be calm.

-

Training was on as usual; I was fighting Skylar today. I honestly didn't know why, because that guy was at least a foot taller than me. He was Amber and Krystal's distant cousin and quite attractive. His face still held a trace of his Korean ancestry with slanted eyes and olive skin, his muscles bulging and since he wasn't wearing a shirt but only a pair of ripped jeans as soon as he turned to listen to more instructions by Eden, I could see the tattoos running up and down his muscular back and arms. I could make out what looked like a three-legged bird on his left arm, a dragon on his right that was curling itself around his shoulder and something similar to a cross between a troll and the devil in the middle of his back. There was writing as well but before I could even try to read anything he turned back around and grinned at me.

"So, do you wanna go first or shall I?" He asked and he looked like an over excited puppy.

"Ummm-"

"You weren't paying attention, were you?" He laughed out loud and I cringed, only to be interrupted by a growl.

"No. He was too busy staring at you." I snapped around and saw Kilyan behind me, looking about ready to pounce.

"Kilyan, calm down, buddy." Skylar's deep voice rang out and I looked at Kilyan with wide eyes.

"I'm- I'm sorry." I stuttered but this time Eden interrupted.

"You don't have to be sorry for anything, Lukey." She snapped. "Now get back to the fighting. I don't have time for your hissy-fits, Yan. And the Sprites won't either." Suddenly she lunged at him, he barely dodged her fist. "Come on, Yannie. Or is Luke distracting you?" Suddenly Kilyan lunged at her but Eden was expecting it and stepped aside.

"This is no way to fight a fairy, Yannie! I've shown you this-" She ducked underneath his arms. "-many times before. Lighter." Suddenly Sklyar's eyes glazed over and he started moving towards Kilyan's back only to reach out and take him in a head lock. Kilyan let out a surprised gasp and tried to struggle against Skylar's arms, but Eden smirked and punched him in the stomach. He grunted and I felt the blow to my stomach as a dull pain, but just as I saw Skylar release Kilyan, the pain in my stomach got worse. I groaned in pain and suddenly felt like throwing up. I clutched my stomach and doubling over there was a metallic taste in my mouth before I threw up. I felt hands on my back and my forehead but my vision was gone. I just kept heaving and the metallic taste wouldn't leave. When I finally blacked out completely, I felt Kilyan catching me, before my senses gave up.

-

"-was spewing blood, Kilyan!" Eden's screeching hurt my ears but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't move. It smelt like the hospital though and I vaguely remembered throwing up.

"I know, Eddie, I know." Kilyan's voice hit me like a blow in the face. He was here- and then I felt his hand clutching mine.

"The symptoms are getting worse! You have been ignoring him for almost two months now; it's taking its toll on his body." She paused but then continued sounding even more pissed off. "He was throwing up blood! I am not planning on losing my best friend because my stupid cousin cannot get over the fact that his mate is a male-"

"It's not about that." He suddenly growled. "I don't care that he's a guy; I don't care that- I just-" He stopped and sounded like he was crying.

"Don't cry." I croaked and when I cracked my eyes open, my best friend and mate were staring down at me. The latter had tears running down his cheek, while Eden looked murderous. Her eyes softened when she looked at me though and she came around to my other side, smiling softly.

"How are you feeling?"

"Fine, I guess. Where are-?" But before I could even finish my question, the door was thrown open and I saw my mum and sisters barge in. Ivy and Holly stormed in and I watched wide-eyed as Ivy pushed Kilyan away from me and Holly just jumped up onto the bed and hugged me tightly.

"They wouldn't tell us what happened, are you okay?" Ivy whispered as she joined her twin in her death grip of my neck.

"I'm fine, darling. I was just too tired." The two cuddled closer and I looked up to see Eden shoot daggers at Kilyan, who writhed under her stare and kept sending nervous glances at me and my mum. He had nothing to worry about though: she didn't know about my mate. At least not who he was; I had told her I found him and she obviously knew these were rejection symptoms but she didn't know who was causing it and looking at her now I could see the pain in her eyes as she stood there not being able to help me. She couldn't even blame it on someone else. I dropped my gaze and hugged my darlings closer to me. I really hoped it wouldn't get worse than this.

-

The day I got out was a sunny January day, the pack healer had kept me for two days to make sure I wouldn't relapse. If anything changed then I'd be back in there in no time. Shaking my head silently, I made my way over to the Alpha House. I shuddered when I stepped over the threshold but the Alpha wanted to see me, so I had no choice. I saw Kilyan at the top of the main staircase; he looked pale and had huge bags under his eyes, but he disappeared before I could say anything else.

"Alpha?" He motioned for me to come into his office through the open doors and I stepped inside cautiously.

"Luke! How are you feeling?" He smiled, but I could see it was strained.

"I'm feeling better, Alpha." I took a seat opposite him and waited for him to say something else.

"The Doctor is of course bound by confidentiality so I do not know why exactly you collapsed and threw up blood two days ago, but I know that Kilyan's been showing rejection symptoms and I'm guessing that your incident was too." He stood up and started pacing. "That leaves me with one question, Luke-"

"Yes! Yes, he is. Leave him alone now." Kilyan burst through the door and had pulled me out of the chair, in a nano second I was behind him and his father was staring at us with wide eyes. Kilyan's addictive scent drifted up my nose and I felt my eyes water.

"Kilyan, if he is-" Kilyan growled, interrupting his father. "Why are you doing this, Kilyan? To you and your mate?" Suddenly the Alpha's eyes were flashing an unnatural yellow and I felt Kilyan shudder.

"Dad-"

"Don't you "dad" me, Young man! You are doing this to your mate! Look at him." He seized Kilyan's shirt and whirled him around so they were both facing me. "Look at him!" And when he did I had to lower my eyes; the intensity of his gaze knocked the air out of my lungs. My chin was suddenly pushed up by a finger and I noticed the office door falling shut behind the Alpha.

"I-I-" I stammered nervously, only to shut up when Kliyan's forehead came to rest on mine. I dragged in a breath and felt shivers of pleasure course down my back at the contact.

"Luke, I- I'm so sorry." He sobbed and broke down. Confused, I took him into my arms as his tears soaked my sweater and he clung to me as if his life depended on it.

"Shh- it's- it's okay." I did my best to soothe him and pulled him over to the couch in the back of the office. It must've looked bizarre having the big future Alpha, curled up and crying in the lap of his mate but I relished in the contact even though his sorrow distressed me. When he finally calmed down, he scooted to the opposite end of the couch and stared at the floor for the longest time, before he finally spoke.

"We could- we could try. If you're okay with that, I mean. I'm not gonna push you, I-"

"Shut up." And he did; he looked up and I sent him a small smile. "I would love to try." I whispered and he grinned. He scooted closer and pulled me into his lap, wrapping me in his arms.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry-" He repeated like a mantra and when he finally shut up, I grinned.

"I really need a cigarette just now." His eyes popped.

"You smoke?" I laughed at his expression.

"I might look like a good boy, but that just shows that you need to get to know me better." I smirked and stood up, pulling him up with me and exiting the house for a fag. We were going to try and I would make damn sure that this boy couldn't escape me again.

> > > Skylar and his tattoos on the side > > >

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.2K 1.3K 24
"Tell me, who do you belong to?" Ivan stood before Jeremiah, ignoring his hands that grasped at his waist. Clinging onto his body desperately and ju...
23.7M 564K 32
"Y-your H-highness? I-i'm sorry b-but t-there m-must b-be a-a m-mistake..." A loud growl sounded through the whole ballroom causing me to start shaki...
61.9K 2.1K 30
When Nate attends the Elders' Ball, he unexpectedly encounters his rival and discovers they're fated mates, igniting a romantic relationship threaten...
65.2K 1.5K 21
Celeste and Theo's lives are thrown into chaos when he discovers she's expecting a child just as their war with the Belrose pack commences and her ho...