Obsession.

By FangthePirate

Slow updates 🦊 (Oc x Male Reader) (Y/n) (L/n), a hardworking fisherman that sails the seas all day, is happy... More

Sailing, Sailing, Sailing.
Visitor.
Birdwatching.
Citrus Mothman.
Gravity-Defying Wonderland.
Boredom.
Seaside.
A Strange Pair.
Castle of Dark.
Sunset on the Sea.
Cold.
A Surprising Lack of Supervision.
Oasis.
The Warmth.
Who.. are you?
Just the bonus spoofy playlist

Return.

897 38 21
By FangthePirate

A/n: (Y/n), in a Flynn Rider voice, holding the keys to La Marina de Oro- alone at last 😌
Naturion- (Hits him with a pan full of gay shinanigans)
Enjoy!

——————

You cracked your back as you sat up in your bed, yawning the sleep out of your eyes. It had been several months since you arrived, and Naturion had been very accommodating... for the most part.

You still weren't really used to living around fantasy creatures, with their odd mannerisms and cultures, but you soon adjusted to their ways once you joined the ranks of Naturion's underlings. It would be hard not to with how casual everyone was about their differences.

That being said, you still needed to get up and about. You slipped out of the thick blue comforter, placing your feet on the cold blue marble floor of the guest bedroom. A chill shot through your spine as you hobbled over to the full length mirror and grabbed your uniform off the framing, slipping on the brown fighter pilot jumpsuit. You fought on the fleece lined suit, zipping it up and dusting off the proud 712 on the right breast pocket. Afterwards, you slipped on the tailor made boots and put on your gloves, ready for a day of patrol with the Twins.

You were set up as their mechanic, as fixing the Marina's intricate machinery gave you a fair amount of experience in the matter. Walking out of your room, you were met by a massive, reptilian-looking harvest gold kitsune, just walking around on its hind legs with a tired look in its eyes. You paid no mind, walking up to it and giving it a salute.

"Morning Boss! How'd you sleep?" You chirp happily, greeting the groggy fox. She snorts before waking up a little, looking down at you with piercing orange eyes.

"Ah, Good Morning (Y/n). I slept fine, to answer your question. Though I woke up hella groggy for no reason... don't know why." She raises an eyebrow and ponders for a moment, bringing a paw up to her face in thought.

"Well, if it's any help, you're shifted again." You inform her, trying your best to keep the laughter out of your response. Her eyes widen, and she bolts her gaze down to her furred body, clicking her tongue and quickly shifting back to her regular, humanoid body. She wore her zebra print bathrobe along with a matching pair of crimson pjs and red slippers.

"See, this is why I like you, (Y/n). You actually tell me these things while my idiot underlings would just snicker as I walk around like a lumbering fool, wondering why the hell I feel so tired. Gold star for you, little one." She pat you on the head, slightly ruffling your hair as she chuckled lightly.

You knew by no means was Naturion morally correct in her ways, I mean she's a literal demon who you learned over time has a tendency to wake up with bloodlust and just go ham, but she cares. She cares alot about her underlings, going as far as to kill if any one of them should feel threatened. Even to you, a newcomer and only a temporary member of her staff, she showed nothing but kindness, along with the occasional lighthearted jeer, usually aimed at Mothrax. (You've come to understand both of them have a deep seeded hatred for each other.)

"Anyways, where are you headed to, (Y/n) darling? Anywhere fun today?" She hummed, retracting her hand and placing it on her hip.

"Lets see..." You pondered for a moment, bringing a gloved hand up to the side of your head and tapping gently as you searched your mind. "I think Jet said something about a surprise. Somewhere they know I'll love." Naturion lit up at that, apparently remembering something.

"OH SHIT, THAT'S TODAY?!" She panicked for a second, turning to bolt up the large stairs. "Stay right there! Jet asked me to make something for you for this 'trip' in particular." You raised a brow at her behavior, but before you could even ask what was going on, Naturion was already halfway across the castle, running off to who knows where.

You heard the sound of boots click against the shiny marble behind you. Turning, you saw The Twins fully dressed for the day, with Zole's arm slung over Jet's shoulders.

"Yo, (Y/n)." Jet raised a clawed hand, greeting you with a small smile. Zole looked half asleep, leaning lazily on his husband's shoulders. You smiled at the sight, you found the two of them adorable. They showed that despite your situation, love can flourish in the most beautiful and meaningful way.

"Morning Captains. I'm ready for the mission, if you want me to get Yunobo's engines warmed up for you guys." You gave them a curt salute. They were your superiors, after all. Jet simply chuckled, smiling at you.

"Of course, that would be lovely, be there in a few. Just gotta make sure we have all the supplies for the trip, so we'll be talking to Boss for a few minutes." Jet spoke on both of their behalves. You learned over time that Zole wasn't really a morning person, but he still held his weight when it came to work. He just has a slow start when it's too early.

You watched them walk away, sauntering up the same wide flight of stairs that Naturion had bolted up a minute ago, before you turned to walk though the corridors and to the main entrance. It was still spacious as ever, with random hallways and a massive set of stairs leading to an astronomically large stained glass window before deviating to some unknown location. You found yourself gazing at it, as you always do when you get the chance to be alone with it; Depicted was a towering red dragon with wings that almost looked molten with how they practically screamed fire. A Mane of golden scales wrapped around its neck as a black halo accented its horned head. Naturally, you could infer that was supposed to be Naturion, with how she always calls herself the Red Dragon. Yet, you've never seen her take on that form... must be exclusively for battle or something.

You tore your eyes away from it, turning to the large doors that lead outside. Reaching into your pocket, you took out the runic charm, which served as a key to the main doors, that all staff have been provided with. It was a safety measure developed by Naturion to warn her in case of an intruder. If the main doors were opened before the key was inserted, she would instantly know that something was wrong, and could protect her underlings and herself before anything bad happened. Ingenious, yes, but a little unnecessary? Maybe. Afterall, she does have a barrier set up around the entire castle that cloaks it from anyone who doesn't have access to it... but then again, she's lived thousands of years longer than you, and probably has developed trust issues with the outside world.

Nevertheless, you pressed the charm to the door, watching as a poof of white smoke rose out of the keyhole, and the door opened slightly. You tugged it the rest of the way open, feeling the cold air press itself against your face as you left. It was always beautiful outside, despite the thin and cold atmosphere. Stars constantly gleamed with a natural beauty, unlike the simulated sunshine of Mothrax's Sanctuary. No, Naturion didn't need to put extra effort into making her domain beautiful, as the location was already wonderful in itself.

—————

Walking down the ebony docks, you huddled a little bit closer to yourself, preserving your warmth. Beautiful or not, it was still freaking cold as balls, and not even the thick pilot jumpsuit you wore could fully insulate you from it. You looked up at the Yunobo, their silvery hull gleaming in the dull light of the lanterns. You dragged your hand against the exterior, until your fingers found a small metal hatch. It protected the keypad that locked any scheming servants out of the ship. Zole had told you the story of how two maids kept trying to take the ship on a joyride, but couldn't figure out the password. Luckily, they told you for convenience's sake. It was quite simple; Jet's Favorite Cigarette Brand.

"Do..shi..na..... Rea..per... Sticks." You mumbled aloud as you typed the answer into the computer, poking the enter key once you finished answering. You heard a click sound to your left, smiling once you saw the entrance door was hung open a tad now. Pulling it open, you heaved yourself into the ship, mumbling on how they really need a step ladder or something once you had fully entered the ship and shut the door. As you let the heat of the ship soak into your bones, you walked over to the cockpit and sat in Zole's chair, grabbing the silver key that The Twins leave for you so that you can access the ship's monitor and twisting it around in your fingers as you locate the keyhole.

Despite some of the knowledge you got from sailing carrying over to maintaining and operating a live-in jet ship, you still had trouble with some things, mainly navigating the control board when it was in a language that definitely wasn't English. You assume it's the Twins' native language, but they mostly spoke english so you weren't too concerned. Luckily most of the things were color coded with braile on Zole's side, so it made it a little bit easier to operate.

After a little while, you finally located the keyhole, marked in gold with black dots circling it. Ironically, it was right in front of you, causing you to internally face palm. Just as you were about to start up the ship, you saw Naturion bolting down the docks with a box in hand. You could see her yelling something at the ship, confusing you a little on why she was so hellbent on getting your attention, before you remembered she had something to give you. You gently placed the key back where the Twins had left it, walking over to the door and exiting the ship just as Naturion arrived.

"(Y/n) darling, I thought I told you to wait where you were." She huffed, hunched over a little as she caught her breath.

"Sorry... Captain's orders... kinda." You scratched the back of your head as you mumbled that last part, causing Naturion to sigh before extending the box towards you. You looked up at her, confirming that you could take it before lightly grasping it and holding it closer to your chest. It was heavier than expected, and there was a soft clinking sound within it as you rotated it in your hands.

"Open it. Only reason I put it in a box is that you wouldn't loose it in the Yunobo after your trip." She ordered softly, gesturing her hand in a circular motion before crossing her arms. You slowly pulled the top of the box off, widening your eyes at the contents.

"Is that a.. gun..?" Your voice was barely higher than a whisper, a little bit lost as to why she was providing you with a gun.

"Not quite. It is a hand pistol, but it's not a normal one." She reached into the box, pulling out the odd weapon, showing off it's intricate design. It was colored a deep crimson, with golden highlights on the trigger and gun barrel. On the grip was a winding dragon, carved to look as if it was clawing at the upper parts of the gun. Luckily, there were no spines decorating the dragon, so it was still comfortable to hold. Hanging off the dragon's tail was a charm shaped like a burst of fire. Naturion turned it around in her hold, taking out the clip that had previously been loaded into it and handing it to you with the safety on, just to be sure.

"This, right here, is a handgun equipped with fast reload and a 10 shot chamber. And what I'm giving with it is probably your only defense against Mothrax if he does find you on your trip. Jet was very clear that this particular mission has a higher risk of encountering him than normal." You tensed up a bit at that notion, confused on how a gun, despite how fancy it looked, would help. Naturion on the other hand continued on with her explanation with no hesitation. She shook one of the bullets out of the clip, revealing it was coated in some sort of glowing tangerine tinted snot.

"And this, is a clip full of bullets covered in a substance we 'deities' like to call 'God Tranquilizer'. It's an orange liquid that temporarily disables any deities powers, including their invulnerability." She showed you the bullet before placing it inside the clip again and handing it to you. "Land a good shot and you'll be free from him if he returns. Another thing that's crucial if he does make an appearance; Don't aim for the head, aim for his heart, as thats where all his power is generated, as cliché as that is." She paused for a moment, seemingly growing distracted by her thoughts. You took this moment to check over the gun, turning it around in your grasp before slipping the clip back in and placing it back in the box.

You saw Jet and Zole in the distance, making their way over to the ship with rations and the such. You tuned out Naturion's quiet mumblings about someone named Majesty and the invention of God Tranquilizer to instead welcome the captains to the ship, offering a helping hand with loading the supplies into the Yunobo. Zole scurried off somewhere into the ship, probably grabbing something for the flight.

"Sorry I couldn't get the ship up and running in time, Boss wanted to give me something." You chuckled as you hoisted a cooler full of perishables into the cabin. Jet simply waved you off as he sat down at his chair, staring up the ship with a dull hum.

"No biggie. I wanted Naturion to give you that anyways. Don't mind me asking, but have you fired a gun before?" He asked this without taking his eyes off the controls, flipping some switches as the ship whirred further awake.

"A normal one, yes. I'm assuming this one functions similar?" You started to stock the fridge, noting that there was an unusual abundance of supplies, mostly fruits with a long shelf life and pre-made meal kits.

"Exactly the same. Good to know you can actually use it if worse comes to-" Before Jet could finish his statement, you turned around to face him, concerned.

"Y'know, I'm starting to get concerned with how dead set you guys are on me being prepared in case Mothrax appears... what? Are we literally going back to his Sanctuary or some shi-" You paused, turning back around with your hands raised in surrender. "Actually, wait never mind, I'd rather eject myself into the void of space than be stuck in that boring ass room again.." Grumbling, you shoved one of the last meal packs into the fridge with a tad too much force than was necessary, crumpling the box a little.

"Don't worry, (Y/n). I can't tell you where were going yet, but it's definitely not The Sanctuary. Couldn't even get in if we wanted to, it's locked up with magic just like Darkmoor Manor." You heard him chuckle slightly as he pressed a few buttons on the control panel, closing the door and locking it. You felt the star cruiser jolt as it finally started moving, hearing the familiar grinding of the thrusters turning languidly to back the ship up.

As you finished putting away the final few food items, you felt a hand lightly rest on your shoulder before a pill bottle was placed in your hands. The Twins tended to avoid long trips because of your low tolerance for Lightspeed jumps, but there was the occasional time where it was necessary. You assumed today had one of said trips, and so you slipped the arkanadalphin tablets into your suit pocket for safe keeping.

"Thanks, Captain." You smiled softly at Zole, who nodded in reply and made his way over to his chair and strapped himself in. You followed soon afterwards, settling on one of the few passenger seats the ship was equipped with. The ship jetted off at a reasonable pace as you relaxed, watching the stars fly by.

——————————

A few 12 hours of on and off flying, including a full 4 hours of lightspeed which you were too doped out to really notice, and Jet had finally announced that the ship was about 30 minutes away from their destination. You were still a little bit groggy from the medication, but your eyes widened substantially once you saw what was right outside the ship.

Earth, spinning and beautiful, graced your weary eyes. You mindlessly stood up and walked over to the control board, never breaking eye contact with it.

"You guys are taking me to Marina, aren't you." You couldn't believe it. "Wait- do you guys know where she even is? Neither of you have even seen her-" Zole cut you off by placing a hand on your shoulder, tugging at your sleeve to try and bring your attention to him. He had his staff rested against his chest, and had a small glowing disk in his hands. It was slightly translucent, colored an acidic green with little black puffs of magic emanating from it.

"Was already on it. Here, place that in the cd slot." He handed it to you, staring ahead as he lifted the staff off of his chest and rested it against the floor. You placed the disk into the cd tray as he instructed, giving it a light push as it accepted the disk and read it.

~Shhh... Shh- ⊣𝙹 ̣ 𝙹 ʖ ⍑╎ℸ ̣ ,_, ̣ I ̣ ⊣⍑ℸ ̣.~

"Jeez, Zole.. can the disk ever not swear at me??" Jet grumbled as he waited for it to continue talking.

"It's not my fault, it has a mind of its own." Zole raised his hands in a defense manner while the disk kept scratching, making a quiet shushing as it processed.

~Shhhh.. sh. Sh-shh- ̣ ⎓ꖎ𝙹 ⎓╎ ̣ ꖎꖎ ||𝙹⚍ ᓭᒷᒷ ʖ. ⋮ꖌ,_, ⋮⚍ ̣ ⊣𝙹 ̣ 𝙹 𝙹𝙹∷↸ ̣ ᒷᓭ 3.555556, 7.99999999999.~

"You really gotta practice this spell more, Honey..." The coyote sighed as he started guiding the ship to its destination. As time went on and the Yunobo got closer to the ocean, you could see little licks of flame dance across the windshield as the atmosphere got thicker. A little bit of turbulence started occurring soon afterwards, so you made your way back to the seat, plopping down on the worn leather. You watched as the sparkling waters grew closer, till the shining wings of the Yunobo cut through the crystal liquids.

Jet shifted gears quickly, jolting the ship as he slowed it down a bit. Didn't want the ship burning up from the atmosphere, after all. You saw him pull up a map on the ship's monitor, typing in the coordinates with a pointed claw before letting go of the wheel and sitting back. The ship beeped quietly and made quite the jarring turn automatically, nearly throwing you off your seat and causing you to yell a pointed 'hey' at him.

"Whoops, sorry. Wasn't my fault, autopilot." He raised his hands in defense, looking at you apologetically. He stood up a moment afterwards, heading towards the fridge to grab something small to eat. Taking out a fruit, he bit into it with a crisp snap and turned to you. "Oh, by the way. I  didn't tell you cause I wanted it to be a surprise, but all those ready made meal kits are for you. I highly doubt there would be any fresh food on board cause it's been months since anyone even touched the ship." He hummed before taking a massive chomp out of the fruit, chewing for a little bit, then speaking up again once he had swallowed. "Make sure to take some fruit too, don't want my mechanic to be getting scurry, now would I?" Jet smiled at you, in a gentle sort of manner. You returned the gesture, having a bittersweet grin grace your complexion briefly.

————————

After a good 50 minutes of cruising right above the waters, with a few near misses with other vessels that had Jet make an emergency redirection, 100% of the time scaring the shit out of you, the Yunobo had finally arrived at it's destination:

La Marina del Oro, Golden Marine herself.

She was as beautiful as ever, minus the obvious golden splatter that somehow hadn't washed away yet and a few barnacles you'll take care of later. Her golden sails were furled up, leaving her completely motionless in the ultramarine tides. You were tearing up at the sight of her, gently welcoming you home.

"It's been wonderful working with you, (Y/n). We'll miss you honey." Zole pat you on the shoulder, giving his farewell as you walked over to the entrance. Jet had given you the shirt that Mothrax had gifted you, stuffed to the brim with food rations, so you were clutching it close to your chest as you waited for the hatch to open.

"Fyi, it's gonna be super loud when this opens up, so I just wanted to say; good luck, and stay safe. We'll be seeing you in the stars hopefully in the distant future." Jet warned, attaching a rope ladder to the floor so you could drop onto your ship.

"Thanks guys. You seriously are my heroes right now, and I'll never forget you." You sniffled a little, sad that you probably will never see them again.

"It's nothing. Anyways, Ciao, Mr. Mechanic. Don't forget to burn that shirt after you put everything away." Jet opened the hatch, letting in the roaring sound of the thrusters inside, along with the overwhelming sea breeze that nearly brought you to your knees. He swiftly kicked down the ladder, letting it unfurl till it dropped into the water, nearly missing the delicate hull of the Marina. You tied the shirt to your back, climbing down the ladder till you reached the oak panels of the deck. They were warm beneath your boots, greeting you fondly with their weathered creaking. You looked up to see The Twins waving at you as they closed the hatch. You smiled and waved back just before the metallic door sealed itself shut.

You saw the Yunobo jet off into the distant skies, leaving only a trail of clouds behind it as it cloaked itself again. You still smelled the cigarette scent from the Yunobo's pressurized air as you took the supplies off your back, hugging them close to your chest. You took a moment to look around, almost crying with glee at the sight of the endless ocean waves, feeling the Marina softly rock underneath your feet. Everything was peaceful as the waves settled down from the starcruiser's fast departure. Well.. everything was peaceful until you finally were made aware of the terrible smell that pierced the air....

Oh boy... rotten fish...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

286K 12.2K 51
"Welcome to our home planet, I hope you want to stay!" Space can be a lonely place. (Y/N) was on a mission to find new life in space, but found more...
87.9K 2.4K 18
[Y/n] the sweetheart of the Host club. often times considered the second mom in the group. being a 3rd year and the heir to his family's restaurant d...
50.7K 1.6K 13
Yandere Perfect male best friend x Male reader. What happens when your best friend clings too much to you to the point they're helpless without you...
2 0 1
[Oneshot] You once met a boy by the edge of the sea, who you knew you would inevitably leave. How long can those days last before they're swept away...