From Hatred to Chaos to Love

By TheAuthorRay

I have to save your ass again?" "Oh, shut up, Torres." For as long as Alyssa Torres could remember, she and K... More

C H A P T E R - O N E
C H A P T E R - T W O
C H A P T E R - T H R E E
C H A P T E R - F O U R
C H A P T E R - F I V E
C H A P T E R - S I X
C H A P T E R - S E V E N
C H A P T E R - E I G H T
C H A P T E R - N I N E
C H A P T E R - T E N
C H A P T E R - E L E V E N
C H A P T E R - T W E L V E
C H A P T E R - T H I R T E E N
C H A P T E R - F O U R T E E N
C H A P T E R - F I F T E E N
C H A P T E R - S I X T E E N
C H A P T E R - S E V E N T E E N
C H A P T E R - E I G H T E E N
C H A P T ER - N I N E T E E N
C H A P T E R - T W E N T Y
C H A P T E R - T W E N T Y - O N E
C H A P T E R - T W E N T Y - T W O
C H A P T E R - T W E N T Y - T H R E E
C H A P T E R - T W E N T Y - F O U R
C H A P T E R - T W E N T Y - F I V E
C H A P T E R - T W E N T Y - S I X
C H A P T E R - T W E N T Y - S E V E N
C H A P T E R - T W E N T Y - E I G H T
C H A P T E R - T W E N T Y - N I N E
C H A P T E R - T H I R T Y
C H A P T E R - T H I R T Y - O N E
C H A P T E R - T H I R T Y - T W O
C H A P T E R - T H I R T Y - T H R E E
C H A P T E R - T H I R T Y - F O U R
C H A P T E R - T H I R T Y - F I V E
C H A P T E R - T H I R T Y - S I X
C H A P T E R - T H I R T Y - S E V E N
C H A P T E R - T H I R T Y - E I G H T
C H A P T E R - F O R T Y
C H A P T E R - F O R T Y - O N E
C H A P T E R - F O R T Y - T W O
C H A P T E R - F O R T Y - T H R E E
C H A P T E R - F O R T Y - F O U R
C H A P T E R - F O R T Y - F I V E
C H A P T E R - F O R T Y - S I X
C H A P T E R - F O R T Y - S E V E N
C H A P T E R - F O R T Y - E I G H T
C H A P T E R - F O R T Y - N I N E
C H A P T E R - F I F T Y
Ending Notes

C H A P T E R - T H I R T Y - N I N E

1.2K 25 5
By TheAuthorRay

Alyssa Torres and Kelly Severide slide out of the car, rolling down the back windows for Cosmo who jumped up onto the car door to watch the couple walk away.

The woman reached down and grabbed the man's hand. She still loved the way his hand felt in hers even though they were constantly holding hands. Half the time, they fell asleep with their hands clasped together in whatever position they were laying in.

His hand was firm yet soft and relaxed in hers. His shoulders were tense and he kept the woman close to his side, ready to protect her if she got uncomfortable or if they ran into any ... unwanted guests. He was a strong man, that was obvious to everyone but with his shoulders squared, he looked threatening. Like if you were to look at him the wrong way, he'd knock your ass to the ground.

Kelly would protect the woman at any cost and, since this was the first time that she left the house to go out into the public, he wasn't ready for her to fall back into her shell.

Alyssa was so close to him that she was almost behind him which Kelly didn't mind too much. If she was behind him which meant that he ran into anyone first and could protect the woman. The only problem was if someone came up from behind them but it wouldn't take long for him to move the woman closer to him.

Naturally, he was ecstatic that the woman was finally okay to leave the house and enter the public but he was also extremely terrified. He was worried that something would happen to Alyssa and she'd be back into her shell and it'd take another three months to get her to leave the apartment.

The couple entered the large warehouse store and almost instantly, Alyssa grabbed a cart, knowing that she wanted more than they'd be able to carry.

As soon as they walked into the store, there was a display holding all different kinds of muffins and cookies.

Noticing the tugging on his hand, Kelly turned to see that Torres was pulling him towards the display case.

"Princess," he chuckles.

"I want muffins," she whines, pulling him over to the display.

"We have no need for muffins," The man tries to reason.

"We need it because you love me," Alyssa says, standing as tall as she could in front of the man even though he was a whole head taller than her.

"You think you're cute?" he asks, raising an entertained eyebrow.

"I think I'm adorable," she says, giving the man a wide, flirty smile.

Kelly shakes his head, chuckling as he reaches over the woman's shoulder and grabs a pack of muffins, tossing them into the cart with a clatter.

"Happy now?" He asks, his amused eyebrow still raised and she nods with a smile, leaning up and gently kissing his cheek.

Alyssa grabs the handle of the cart once more and begins to push it through the store, eying the aisle as she goes, Kelly next to her, his hand tight in hers. It was somewhat of a struggle to try and push the cart with one hand but the woman didn't complain nor remove her hand from the man's grasp.

Just holding hands was a very romantic thing for the couple. Most of the time, holding hands was a very basic, first date kind of thing but with their relationship being halted before sex, kissing and holding hands was as romantic as they could get. Neither of them minded, though, they were both perfectly content with holding hands, cuddling, and kissing.

"Feeling okay?" Kelly asks.

Alyssa had been looking down the book aisle and her head had snapped over to face the man as he spoke.

"Fine," she nods with a small smile, having almost completely forgotten about her horrid past and the reason that this was her first time venturing out into the public in three months.

She just felt so ... so normal walking through the store with Kelly. She hadn't done this in months even before the incident. It had been at least six months before her incident that she had walked through a store with another person and she was sure that that person was probably Maggie Alvarez from Ambulance 12. The last time that she'd gone to the store with a man was probably when she was a teenager with her brother Sammy.

Kelly smiled at how distracted the woman was as she looked down the aisle, leading him down a few of the aisles. She wasn't distracted in a bad way like she was too worried about Julian Black finding her but she was thoroughly enjoying walking down almost every aisle, occasionally adding things into the cart.

The man couldn't help but stare at the woman as they walked through the store. She looked beautiful even in the shitty fluorescent Costco lighting. Her brown eyes sparkled when the light between the aisle caught her glance.

"I want a baby with you," Severide blurted out before he could stop himself.

His eyes widened in surprise at his own words and he gave a shocked blink that the words had left his mouth.

Alyssa, however, just laughed. Her brown hair fell off her shoulder as she threw her head back with laughter. The sparkle in her eye seemed to have intensified when she threw her head back. Her luscious brown hair bounced on her back, moving her hair from in front of her face so that Kelly had a clear view of her strong jawline and her perfect side profile.

Now it seemed to be harder for him to take his eyes off of her. He could only come up with one conclusion as he stared at the woman

Alyssa Torres was utterly and amazingly drop-dead gorgeous.

"You want kids with me?" the woman chuckles, looking over at the man once her laughter has died down.

"Why wouldn't I?" he asks, his eyebrows furrowing as if she had just asked if he had just killed a person.

"Because I'm ... I'm me? And before today I was terrified to leave the house. And ... you deserve someone better."

"No, I don't," Kelly says, shaking his head roughly, his actions alone shooting down the thought. "And even if I did, I don't want anyone else. I want you, Lys." He tugs on her hand, bringing her to a stop, and pulls her closer to him, his hands dropped to her waist. "I've always wanted you. The last ten years of my life, all I've wanted is you."

Alyssa smiles, sliding up to her tiptoes, and pressing her lips to his.

"I love you," she murmurs, slinging her arms around his neck, still resting on the tip of her feet so she could easily kiss the man if she felt like it.

"I love you too," the man murmurs in response, leaning down and setting his forehead onto hers.

The two stand there for a few more moments before pulling away, remembering that they were in a store and couldn't stand there for minutes on end just clinging to each other.

Alyssa fell back to her feet, placing another kiss on his lips before grabbing the shopping cart and leading him down the alcohol aisle.

"Jameson?" Kelly asks, grabbing the bottle and showing it to the woman who nods, her eyes widening in delight at the sight of the alcohol.

Finally, they reached the end of the alcohol aisle where the wine was located.

Alyssa stepped in front of the wine selections, looking at the different brands.

Kelly didn't step in and try to help the woman pick a wine since he knew she probably knew more about wine than he did since he was more of a whiskey or beer drinker and honestly didn't see a difference between any wine besides white and red wine.

After a few minutes, Torres finally grabbed a bottle of both red and white wine and placed them in the cart before leading the man to the back of the store where the bakery was so she could get the cake that she wanted.

The man was glad that the woman seemed to be back to normal. She was casually glancing down the aisle, looking for anything that tickled her fancy. But she didn't find anything until they reached the bakery.

Fresh bread and sweets filled the two's noses as they walked closer to the back counter.

Adding to the muffins in their cart, Alyssa added cream cheese danishes, a red velvet cake, and a six-pack of croissants.

"Enjoying yourself?" Kelly asks as he finds the woman adding a pack of those little cupcakes that you always got at school for someone's birthday, the ones that stained your teeth and got frosting everywhere even if you tried to be clean while you ate it.

"Mhm," she smiles, looking behind her at the man who had disappeared for a few moments. "Where did you go?"

"Looking," he shrugs but Torres didn't fail to notice that his hands were behind his back.

A smirk grows on her face as they play the game of her trying to peer behind his back and he continuously dodges her, either stepping back or turning his body.

"Stop trying to peek," Kelly laughs after a few minutes of playing the game with the woman.

"I wanna see what it is," Alyssa whines but the man just laughs, shaking his head.

"Just keep shopping, Princess," he smiles, walking behind the woman so she didn't see what he was holding.

Every once in a while, the woman would glance behind her, trying to catch the man in a vulnerable state and see what he was holding. But it never worked, the man never moved his hands from behind his back even when the woman began to pout.

"You'll see it soon, Princess, stop worrying," Kelly chuckles as they walk down the animal aisle, wanting to find something to get Cosmo since they had made him sit in the car as they went on their shopping endeavor.

"Kelly," she whines, turning and leaning against the car in the empty aisle, in the back corner of the store which happened to be the least popular area.

Kelly smirks, reaching around the woman and tossing whatever he had hidden behind his back into the cart. Just when Alyssa was going to turn around to see what it was, he grabbed her chin and quickly but passionately pressed their lips together.

He felt the woman dissolve into him as his hands settled on her waist, pulling her into him. Her hands grabbed onto his shirt before slowly beginning to slide up until her arms were draped around his neck, their lips still working quickly against each other.

A small moan leaves the woman's mouth and she thought that he'd pull away since they were in public but it only caused the man to pull her closer, his hands sliding to the small of her back.

Kelly wanted nothing more than to pick the woman up and continue this make-out session but he knew that this wasn't the time nor the place.

He didn't pick her up but he also didn't end the kiss. He was enjoying the way her body felt against his too much.

At this point, Alyssa was fully relying on Kelly to keep her upright, she was leaning against him so much that if he pulled away and removed his hands then the woman would surely faceplant right to the floor. But the man had absolutely no plan to pull away from the woman just yet.

The man enjoyed holding the woman and kissing the woman and the fact that she was out in public and not terrified of everyone around her. It was a nice change of pace - being out in public and being able to publicly express his love for the woman.

The sound of a beeping filled the aisle where Alyssa and Kelly were, causing them to break apart.

The woman glanced around the man's shoulder to find that someone was driving a forklift with crates of overflow on it. When she looked back at the man, they both shared the same wide grin.

"I love you," Kelly murmured, leaning down and kissing the woman once more.

"I love you too," she smiles, landing back fully on her feet, and her arms loosened around his neck.

Alyssa turned around, finally looking at what Kelly had placed in the cart.

It was a bouquet of orange roses, orange lilies, and white carnations.

"Kelly," she says, about to turn around when she felt the man's body pressed against her back.

"They're your favorite," he smiles, dipping down and kissing her neck, indicating the mix of the roses, lilies, and carnations.

"You remembered?" she smiles, surprised that the man remembered her favorite flowers since she had briefly mentioned them.

"Of course I remembered," Kelly chuckles, setting his chin on her neck. "I remember almost everything you tell me."

"Almost everything?" she repeats, teasingly.

"Hey, I'm not the brightest bulb in the box, I forget a lot," he laughs.

Alyssa smiles, leaning back, and kissing the man's cheek before pushing the cart further down the aisle where Kelly tossed a bag of dog food and a bag of toys into the cart.

The couple continued to walk through the store, adding things in when they found it necessary and Kelly would go in behind the woman and grab the things that the woman was longingly looking at and toss them into the cart when she wasn't looking.

He didn't mind spending money on the woman since he was proud of her for leaving the house and braving the public.

Since she hadn't gone out and actually been able to shop first hand and see all of the new arrivals before they were sold out.

"Kel," Alyssa calls, drawing his attention to her.

"Hmm?" he asks and she pulls the thing out from behind her back.

"Jello shots," she smirks with a wink.

Kelly laughs, taking a step towards the woman and looking at the bag in her hands.

"Get them," he nods with a wink, and Torres laughs, placing them in the cart.

"Looks like we'll be having a fun time," the woman smirks and the man nods in agreement.

"You know it," The man says, kissing her forehead.

There was something sweeter and perhaps a little more romantic about forehead kisses. Normal kisses on the lips were basic but forehead kisses ... they were different, they were special.

About ten minutes later, the couple was finally walking out of Costco, their cart full of boxes that were full of their groceries.

They headed to the car and as soon as they came into sight, Cosmo began jumping around, running across the back seat.

Laughing, the woman slid her hand into the parted window and pet the top of the dog's head and he whined with enjoyment.

Kelly started unloading the groceries into the trunk, waving the woman into the car since it wouldn't take long for him to unload the groceries.

Alyssa slid into the passenger seat of the car and Cosmo set his front paws on the middle console, wanting to be closer to the woman so she gave him attention which she did.

After a couple of minutes, Kelly climbed into the driver's seat of the Camaro and started the car, briefly glancing down at his watch.

"You want to go get dinner?" he asks, looking over at the woman who nods. "Hungry?"

Torres nods once more and Kelly pulls out of the parking spot, petting Cosmo before he does.

He pulled out of the Costco parking lot, heading for the McDonalds a few blocks away.

Kelly didn't ask if she wanted to dine in or get drive-through. He wanted to go home and hold the woman - to resume the make-out session that they'd been having in the back of the store just a few minutes ago.

Absentmindedly, his hand had drifted over to her thigh and rested there, his grip firm but gentle halfway up her thigh.

It wasn't until he felt her warm hand on his that he realized where his hand was. Her fingers clasped between his, her palm on top of his. Her hands partially covered his but the back of his large rough hands was still visible against her pants.

It was either that his hand was large or her thighs small but his hand covered almost her entire thigh, there was a little bit visible on either side of his hand but for the most part, his hand covered her entire thigh

The ride was silent except for the sounds of Cosmo pacing in the backseat, desperate for attention from his owners.

Kelly pulled into the drive-through and looked over at the woman, nonverbally asking what she wanted to eat.

"Crispy chicken sandwich, nothing but lettuce and Mayo. Medium with a sweet tea."

"Basic much?" He chuckles and she flares at him. "Kidding, Princess, kidding," he says, holding his hands up in defense when he sees the playful dangerous flicker in her eye.

Alyssa leaned over and kissed his cheek as he pulled up to the intercom to order.

He ordered exactly what she wanted, word for word, before ordering his meal and heading up to the first window to pay.

"Thank you," Alyssa murmurs, taking a bite of two or three fries as Kelly pulls out of the drive-through, heading back to the apartment.

"You're welcome, Princess," he smiles, taking a sip of his drink before setting his hand back on her thigh.

The woman continued to eat her food as Kelly drove home. She would occasionally take a fry from his container and hold it up to the man to eat, not wanting him to starve because he had to drive her home.

Ten minutes later, Kelly was pulling the car into the garage level of the apartment building.

Torres had finished eating and her drink was empty but Kelly still had his burger and half of his drink to finish.

"I had fun," she murmurs as they slide out of the car and she grabs Cosmo's leash.

"I did too," Kelly smiles, grabbing the woman's hand as they walked over to the elevator. "You didn't seem scared out there," he points out now that they were safe in the elevator without anyone around.

"I ... I kind of forgot about everything. It just seemed so normal to be out there," Alyssa says honestly.

"Good, I'm glad you're getting back to normal. We could go to Molly's soon if you're up for it?"

Alyssa nods, shrugging, a small smile on her face.

Kelly smiles, leaning over and kissing the side of her head right above her ear as the elevator dinged and opened.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

181K 2.1K 31
Kelly Severide's life is complicated. Between working hard as a member of Rescue Squad 3 at Firehouse 51 and single-handedly caring for his 6-year-ol...
39.7K 589 18
Since forever, nobody knows when and where its life gonna fly in pieces, when everything gonna change or when he gonna die. But, a thing that everyon...
440K 10.2K 38
all of kelly severide's wrongs led him right to her. © -stfurose, 2020.
129K 2.1K 81
Jessica Leslie Casey, daughter of Matthew Casey and Gabriela Dawson is a bit of a handful to say the least. At 17 Jess had decided to follow in her m...