The Girl On The Boys Basketba...

By CloudyJeongguk

"Why didn't you get your little girl some pretty little dolls or something?" "I tried, she loves basketball" More

i
ii
iii
iv
v
vi
vii
viii
ix
x
xi
xii
xiii
xiv
xv
xvi
xvii
xviii
xix
xxi
xxii

xx

82 8 8
By CloudyJeongguk

JUNGKOOK;
It's been thirty minutes since practice has started and Bang told us that we were playing a scrimmage against each other. Before starting, he let us pick teams and gave us time to practice and go over plays.

I was passed the ball that was inbounded by Kaito and walked down the court while dribbling.

He ran past me as I kept my eye on my best friends that were playing defense on me.

Jimin and Taehyung were on Leah's team, playing defense on mine. They even had Jungwoo and Soobin.

She was already causing controversy and she's only been here for a week.

I looked at Leah, she was waiting for me in the middle of half court with her hands on her hips, gripping her jersey. I picked up my pace and thought of a play to score.

So far, Leah's team was winning.

"Grey!" I shouted out the offense play we used during club games, my team members immediately get in position. I watched as two freshman, Ni-ki and Sunoo blocked both sides of Leah as I came closer.

She pushed them out of the way and successfully got out of their crunch.

I growled, that move always worked.

I could see coach smiling that she got out, now the boys didn't know what to do. I still proceeded with the ball as I dribbled to my right.

The rest of the boys on my side were lost on what to do next, I scowled as Leah stood in front of me, playing defense.

"Let's go Jeon, shoot the ball" Someone called out as I let out a frustrated sigh.

I could, if Leah wasn't so onto me. I stood in front of her trying to find a way or move to shoot.

That was until she started reaching for the ball, making me back up.

"Times running out!" Coach yelled out as I looked at the scoreboard. Leah's team was winning by three points.

We only had thirty seconds left.

I leaned over and crossed her but she wouldn't budge and stayed in front of me, I had to admit she was fast but I was beyond mad now.

"Let's go Jungkook!" my teammates called out as I tried looking for a man that was open.

Taehyung, Jimin, Jungwoo, and Soobin made sure to block them successfully as I couldn't see anyone who was open.

Maybe we should've focused on defense work too before playing a game.

Fifteen seconds.

Leah held her arms up when I looked at Kaito, I still couldn't pass it to him.

"Get off of me!" I gritted at her, she stayed unfazed.

Ten seconds.

I dribbled the ball to my right and was getting ready to drive towards the basket when she grabbed the ball.

I clenched my jaw and clutched it to my stomach. She was strong but I was stronger.

She kept her grip on the ball as we fought over it, both of us harshly pulling. Time was running out as I saw we had five seconds left.

In those short seconds, I saw him replace Leah.

I harshly pushed her off of me and shot the ball, ignoring the possible thought of receiving an offensive foul. The ball went in and the buzzer went off.

I smiled and looked around, only to see no one celebrating.

"What the hell Jungkook!" Taehyung exclaimed angrily as everyone who was and wasn't on Leahs team run over towards me.

I looked down to see Leah on the floor.

I stood there, right in front of her as everyone started checking up on her.

Leah was groaning in pain and holding her lower back with one hand while her other hand covered her eyes. I could see her eyes overfilling with tears and she was trying hard not to cry.

"Leah, are you okay?" Coach asked as he kneeled down next to her.

She groaned and slowly rolled over to her side, trying to breath. She slowly nodded and cried out at the movement, "Ahh! I'm alright"

Sejin checked her and slowly sat her up, she was sniffling and a few tears ran down her face. She kept her head down while Taehyung and Jimin helped her stand before walking away to the sports directors office.

I watched as Taehyung rubbed her back as they walked away and out of sight. I looked back to everyone to see them give guilty looks before walking away.

I met Coach's eyes as he looked at me with a disappointing look. He then sighed and turned away.

"Uh, let's take five" he spoke before walking to where his office was.

I stood on the court and felt guilt eating away at me in my chest, I didn't mean to let my competitiveness get in the way.

I didn't mean to hurt her.

LEAH;
Silence is what overcomes the room when Taehyung and Jimin leave.

"Here," Sejin says as he puts two supplements in my hand, pain reliever probably.

We were currently in a hallway that led to the sports medicine room. The room itself was locked and I briefly questioned why, until the two boys said that a new sports med teacher was just hired.

I put them in my mouth and gulp the paper cup full of water before crushing it up and throwing it away.

"How are you feeling now?" he asks as I wince in pain before answering.

"There's a slight pulsing pain in my lower back but my headache is starting to go away,"

He nods and both of our attention is on the door that is opened. Bang walks in with my stuff and sets them beside me, "Your dad is on the way,"

I gasp and straighten my back before yelping in pain, "What?!"

"I called your dad and told him that you were hurt, he said that he'd be here as quickly as he can" Bang spoke calmly.

"B-but he's working, today was his first day at the children's hospital. I don't want to bother him" I hurriedly spoke and opened my school bag to grab my phone.

Bang sighs and puts his hand on my screen, I look up at him in question.

"Leah, you are seriously hurt. I can see the pain in your face, I strongly believe that you should go home and rest, maybe take an ice bath"

I groan at that, I absolutely hate ice baths.

Before I could retort, I see a familiar figure standing at the door. I look to see my dad with worry written all over his face.

He runs up to me and cups my cheeks, "Leah, are you okay?! Your coach said you were hurt?!"

"'m fine" I mumble as he lightly touches me like I'm getting a regular check up.

He turns to Bang, "You said she was pushed, by who?"

I could hear the seriousness in his voice, so I chose to lie. My dad had this hidden rage that he only let out once in a while. It wasn't necessarily for his sake but for my own.

I remember experiencing it when I was younger, in primary school. He let this rage show itself when an older boy kept picking on me. He yelled at the principal and the boys parents.

"Ye-"

"Actually I fell," I spoke as dad turned to give me his full attention, the rage dissipating and his features softening, "The teammate I was playing defense on went in for a drive and I got in the way, it's my fault"

Bang and Sejin look at me like I was crazy, and maybe I was for defending a person who hated me and did this on purpose.

"It's my fault" I said and looked down.

"Leah, I told you countless times to be careful. Boys who play basketball are a different breed" He said as I nodded.

I knew this all too well.

"I know, I'm sorry. I got too excited"

Dad lets out a small sigh but softly smiles, "C'mon bud, let's go home"

I nod and softly jump down, dad grabs my stuff and thanks Bang and Sejin before we're walking out.

I keep my head down as we make our way out the gym.

"Get better Leah,"

"Don't put yourself down, it wasn't your fault"

"Leah, fighting!"

I press my face into my dads side and grip onto his shirt in embarrassment. Dad sighs and nods in thanks to the boys.

Once we get out, dad helps me in the car and puts my bags in the backseat before he gets in and drives home.

I lean my head on the window and stare out of the window, glumly.

Dad puts his hand on my knee and gives me a loving squeeze. I then feel bad for ignoring him but he knows to wait for me to come to him.

He pulls into our street and I pick my head up at the unfamiliar expensive car parked by our driveway.

Then my eyes catch sight of a lady wearing high brand clothes waiting at our front door.

"Who's that?" I ask.

Dad pulls into the driveway and sighs as I stare at the unfamiliar yet familiar lady, "That is your auntie"

Auntie?

"Her name is Miya... and she is your mothers twin sister"

"Holy shit!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

543 14 15
He smiled, "Why are you smiling at me? Don't you know I'm very Thin?" "You're still beautiful to me" [COMPLETED]
174K 7.3K 47
"Do you want to play hide and seek babygirl?" ๐Ÿฅ‡#btsoneshots 11/2/23 ๐Ÿฅˆ#yanderebts 12/2/23 ๐Ÿฅ‡#yanderebts 27/2/23
34.7K 1.5K 28
"Listen up, I don't know who spread these stupid rumors but I don't have a baby with Y/N. Why would someone like me have anything to do with a freak...
2.5K 171 55
๐™ ๐™ฅ๐™ค๐™ฅ ๐™ž๐™™๐™ค๐™ก๐™จ ๐™ญ ๐™ฎ/๐™ฃ, ๐™ฌ๐™ง๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™—๐™ฎ ๐™ข๐™š ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™˜๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™œ๐™ฅ๐™ฉ