Their Tale

Oleh Lyss_Helene

What will happened if instead of possessing Cale Henituse's body, Kim Rok Soo became the trash's twin brother... Lebih Banyak

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Notes

Chapter 4

5.5K 413 138
Oleh Lyss_Helene

Contains spoiler from TCF Chapter 600+. Please read at your own risk.

.

.

.

"Keith, your hair is getting longer."

"Is that so?"

Keith replied lazily as he flipped the pages of the book. He was lying in a soft couch with a book on his hands while munching some cookies.

"Yeah, you looked like a girl."

Cale giggled happily. Hearing Cale's laughter made Keith just snorted.

Cale was busy examining his brother.

His brother truly looked like a girl with his long red hair that reached his shoulders. Not to mentioned that pale skin of his.

Cale inwardly sighed. He really need to take care of this lazy brother of his. Despite the exercise that Keith did after getting nagged by mother the other day, his complexion did not get better.

Cale was really worried about Keith's health. His brother is truly weak and dislike moving very much. He has a weak body and did not bother to train his body—saying it was a tiring job.

So, Cale picked up the sword.

He decided to learn swordsmanship and train his body in order to protect his brother. He also did that to protect his mother who always has a weak health.

Because of that, the rumors about how the twins each picked up a sword and a pen respectively and even excelled in that, started to float around the Henituse territory. The citizens kept saying that the older who have bright and cheerful personality will lead the military of Henituse Knights Brigade and the younger who have mature and cold personality will become the heir and succeed the Count. They all were glad that the future of the Henituse household will be bright, thanks to the talented twins.

And of course, if Keith had heard about the rumors, he will be shocked and even have a terrible nightmare about it for days.

Keith's actions of reading complicated books and completing all the difficult tasks given by the instructors easily were interpreted as him being a genius. While, in truth, Keith simply thought the way to ended the lessons faster and rest earlier was to finish his tasks. (He was still under the belief that his progress of studies was normal)

Unfortunately, contrary to his desperate wishes, Keith was now seen as a rare genius with many potential to become the next territory lord of Henituse household. Since he is very talented, smart, mature, reserved and calm so unlike his older brother, all the vassals and collateral families of the Count were currently focused on him.

Keith may not had any idea about it due to his own obliviousness, but, Cale knew about the rumors thanks to the servants.

Cale didn't really care about the rumors. About Keith being more mature than him despite being the younger one or Keith being seen as a suitable successor—Cale did not even felt an ounce of jealousy or envy toward his brother.

He felt rather happy for his own brother. His brother's achievements that made the adults' speechless made him proud.

Cale also think that his brother is a perfect candidate for the successor position. Although he knew very well that his brother was lazy, but, he also knew for a fact that his brother was very intelligent.

Because of that, he was even more spirited to learn swordsmanship.

Keith who had no idea about this glanced at the quiet Cale.

"Don't you need to go to swordsmanship class?"

He wondered why the usual loud Cale was quiet this time after talking about him looking like a girl or whatnot.

Cale startled from his own thoughts. He widened his eyes in surprise.

"That's right! Hilsman is probably waiting for me!"

He quickly stood up and rushed toward the door. However, his quick steps suddenly stopped as he turned around, looking at his brother.

"Keith, I will go now! Don't miss me!"

Cale waved his hands, excitedly. He could see the frown on Keith's forehead. He grinned before walking away at a high speed, it was not like he expected a wave from Keith in the first place. Just seeing a stoic face turned confused was enough to make Cale happy.

Keith just shook his head. He really could not believe that the noisy and cheerful kid will become a trash in the future.

Now that Keith think about it, although the reason Cale became a trash is unknown, he started to act like one when Deruth first brought his future wife and stepson to the manor.

Keith's eyes turned dark as he recalled the plot of the novel.

At the age of eight, Cale did not have his birth mother by his side.

And now, Cale is currently seven-years-old.

Keith's mind was thrown into a chaotic state. He furrowed his brows while seriously thinking.

It has been relatively peaceful in the territory that he almost forget that Drew did not make an appearance when Cale reached eighteen in the novel. This world might be different than the novel since Keith Henituse himself did not exist in the novel, but, the thought of Drew die early was bothering him these days.

Keith did know not the cause of Drew's death. He was always worried about his mother as soon as he turned seven-years-old. His mother always has a weak health so he has been making sure to prioritized his mother's health.

But, as Keith kept thinking about it, he found himself scoffing in the room.

Hilarious.

He never really cared about people when he first transmigrated here. Even back then when he was still a team leader, he made sure to kept a distance and not became attach to other team members.

And now, he was attached to his family.

Seven years was not a short time. It was enough to break down his walls and opened up the lock and chains around his heart.

He truly saw Drew as his birth mother, despite his adult's mentality. He truly saw Deruth as his birth father, although he found Deruth's actions to be immature and childish. He truly saw Cale as his own brother, even though he was older than Cale mentally.

He saw them as his family.

How could he not when they showered him with affections and loves? When Drew gave a lovingly look toward him or when she said his name in a sweet tone. When Deruth always emptied his tight schedule to spend time with him or when he tried so hard to make him smile. When Cale always never hesitated to reach out to him or when he had a bright and happy expression while talking to him.

Keith, no, Kim Rok Soo was someone who could not deal with affections and kindness. He was someone particularly weak to those things. 

He preferred dealing with hates rather than dealing with affections and kindness.

Keith putted his hand onto his forehead while gazing at the ceiling. He sighed heavily before closing his eyes.

'I need to prevent mother's death.'

"Young master Keith."

Keith opened his eyes when he heard the knocking sound on the door. He recognized that voice.

"Come in."

Ron appeared in front of Keith's bedroom with a benign smile on his face. Seeing that, Keith wondered how did Ron manage to keep up the same benign smile after all these years.

"What is it?"

Keith asked while trying hard to not show his dislike about the arrival of the butler-slash-assassin.

Ron just smile benignly before replying in a soft and kind tone.

"The Countess-nim has invited young master-nim for a light snack in the garden."

"Mother invited me?"

"Yes, young master-nim."

Keith's eyebrows twitched.

'How odd. Mother usually invited me and Cale. But, Cale has his swordsmanship lesson now.'

Keith was thinking there is something behind the invitation from his mother. Nevertheless, he straightened his back and stood up. He walked out of the room.

***

"Keith, you're here!"

Drew was smiling when she saw a little redhead was walking toward her direction.

"Come, sit down. Let's enjoy our snack time, shall we?"

Keith nodded his head while sitting on a mat beside Drew. He could clearly see some desserts and cookies on the mat. Drew took a tea pot then poured the tea into an empty cut in front of Keith.

Drew peaked a glance at Keith. Keith's expression was stoic but there was a light glint of delight in his eyes as he noticed that it was a rose tea, and not the usual lemon tea. She could not help but chuckled.

"I asked them to prepare my favorite rose tea for us today."

Keith was quiet. He was actually glad that he could escape from the hateful lemon tea prepared by the vicious old butler today.

(Little did he know that the old butler will prepare a more concentrated lemon tea without any sugar or honey in the next day.)

He took a sip of the rose tea. It was mildly sweet and fruity. The flavor was very delicate and smooth. He could smell a fragrant scent from the tea.

It was very, very different than the sour lemon tea.

"How was it?"

Keith putted down the cup.

"It tastes fine."

Drew smiled before inhaling the calming and pleasant scent from the tea.

"Whenever I drink this, I felt like my mouth was blooming with sweet roses."

Keith raised his eyebrows.

'Blooming with sweet roses? That was some hyperbole.'

"Since we are alone, shall we have a conversation, Keith?"

Keith just nodded his head, wondering what his mother will talk about. He was sure it will be something serious as they are having a conversation alone.

Drew placed the tea cup on the mat. She stared at her child's face for a moment.

"You seemed older than you look."

Keith just scoffed. He was getting used to people kept saying that he was very mature than his age or whatsoever. Not like he was actually trying to act like a child of his age in the first place though—it was honestly bothersome.

Seeing that reaction, Drew slowly raised the corner of her mouth.

"But, I'm serious. You have actually lived longer than I am, right?"

Keith almost jolted in surprise because of the unexpected words from his mother. He tried so hard to maintain his expression but his pupils were shaking. He might looked calm but he was internally panicking.

Drew observed the stoic face of her son. She could tell that behind that stoic face, her son was actually nervous inside.

She knew she would not get a reply so she continued her words.

"I have a wood attribute ancient power. It allows me to see the annual rings of every living beings."

This time, Keith could not control his expression. His eyes were widened at that statement. He was utterly shocked that his mother possess an ancient power that was not described in the novel.

"...Annual rings?"

Keith asked in a cautious tone.

"Yes, similar to the annual rings of a tree, I can see the entire annual rings of a person from birth to death."

Keith did not say anything else but his mind was chaotic. He waited patiently for Drew to continue.

Drew smiled warmly and caressed her son's red hair.

"Keith, your annual rings are warped for you. You are someone who had a peculiar experience with time."

Keith could not help but furrowed his brows. He did not particularly understand what it meant, but he knew that him becoming Keith Henituse was related to that.

He dithered for moment before slowly opening his mouth.

"... Is this why we are having this conversation, ma'am?"

'Because I'm not your real son?'

Keith was not able to voice out his last thought. He subconsciously gripped his shaking fists. He addressed Drew as a stranger since she knew who he is. His heart was getting heavier as he recalled the fact that an adult like him transmigrated into this world and became her child.

If Drew knew who he was from the very beginning, then why did she never confront him or blame him?

Drew held Keith's little hands tightly. She had a serious face as she spoke in a gentle tone.

"My dear Keith, it doesn't matter who you are or how old you are. It will never change the fact that you are my son. You are my precious child."

Keith was staring at the unwavering reddish-brown eyes that filled with determination and affection.

"Alright.... mother."

He hesitated a bit before replying. A satisfied smile appeared on Drew's face when Keith called her mother again.

"May I ask your name from your previous life?"

'Ah, she really knew.'

Keith frowned while trying to conceal his conflicted feelings.

"... Is there a need to ask for that?"

To be honest, Keith's previous life had nothing to talk about, in his perspective. He did not want to reveal such a pitiful life to a person who he considered a mother.

"Because you are my child. I wished to know your name from your previous life before you came to this world."

Because you are my child.

Those words kept echoing inside Keith's mind. That simple sentence sounded so gentle and filled with warmth that Keith felt overwhelmed.

Keith lowered his face. He opened and closed back his mouth a few times, as if was hesitating. After he managed to gather some courage for a while, he finally spoke.

"Kim... Kim Rok Soo."

His voice when he uttered his name for the first time after living as Keith Henituse sounded so low. There was a mix feeling that he felt for the first time. His voice was low enough to make sure only the two people in the garden can hear it.

"Kim Rok Soo..."

His name from his previous life was muttered on the lips of his mother. It sounded a little awkward and foreign, but the tone was very tender and Keith did not hate it.

Drew suddenly brought Keith into her embrace. She closed her eyes as she smiled widely.

"Such a beautiful name. I will remember it forever."

Keith stayed in his mother's hug without moving or saying anything. But, then, his grip tightened as he remembered the storyline of the novel and Drew's ancient power.

"...If you can see the annual rings of life from birth to death, does that mean you know about your death, mother?"

'Do you know that you are going to die in the near future?'

Drew who seemed to understand Keith's underlying question looked at Keith.

"Keith, I know that you have many questions right now. But all your questions will be answered in the future when the time allows."

In the future.

When the time allows.

Keith somehow had a feeling that the answers to his questions—things like how and why he ended up in this world—are related to the events that will happened in the future. And Keith was sure that he will be dragged into a more complicated mess.

When he first decided to live as Keith Henituse, he really did not want to be involved with the dangerous events that were stated in the novel.

He is not a hero or a main character.

He thought that he should let the main character and his comrades do their job and save the world while he hide himself somewhere safe and live a slacker life.

However, hearing Drew's words made him realize that he is fated to be entangle with troublesome matters in the future, whether he like it or not.

Drew who noticed Keith's silence, could not help but be worried.

'I'm sure there is a reason why Keith was brought here. He will carry a huge burden in the future, I'm sure of it. For whatever reason it is, I don't want my child to be in danger just for the sake of the so-called greater good.'

"Keith."

At that call, Keith lifted his head. He could feel the warm hand of his mother on his head. His mother was stroking his head, so gently and softly.

"I want you to live however you want. Do what you want to do and live happily. Can you do it for me?"

Keith knew there was a deep meaning behind his mother's words.

His mother knows it.

That he was bound to be drag into a terrible huge mess. Keith thought it was highly likely that he would be involved with the plot of the novel—since there are no greater mess than getting entangled with the main character.

And of course, he will live however he want. He will not let himself being dragged anywhere. If he truly could not avoid getting involved with the plot, he might as well crushed the plot of the novel to the very bottom. If he was bound to get into a troublesome mess, he will make sure to create an even greater mess and bring chaos everywhere.

He will live as a slacker and nothing can stop his desire.

"Yes, mother."

Hearing that confident reply, Drew could not help but smiled. She pulled Keith again into a hug while caressing his back.

.

.

.

We will have DeruthXCale moments in the next chap!!

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

3.8K 214 18
The infamous Count family, the wealthy aristocrat that have been protecting Roan Kingdom from the Forest of Darkness for generations. Rumors have spr...
36.2K 2.2K 13
[Completed] *Spoilers Ahead for Trash of the Count's Family* *Fanfic*
38.9K 2.7K 30
in a world where there are no hunters and no white star, there's a lot more time for petty politics and relationship drama og cale x alberu PLEASE NO...
15K 853 19
〔 Kim Rok Soo x Cale Henituse (og!) 〕 Cale made a deal with the god of death, he returned to the past and was surprised because there were several ch...