Stolen Lullaby

By Champagne-Dreams

Taylor and Joe are happily married with a new baby girl. Life could not be more peaceful or happy, until one... More

Gone Baby, Gone
I Am So Sorry
Nightfall
The Cruelest Irony
Don't Shut Me Out
Something More to Hide
I Can't Tell You
Past Connection
We Can Only Imagine
New Beginnings
Battle Lines
Playing Fair
Hard Questions
Causing a Ruckus
Sympathy Strategy
Halloween
Secrets Between Friends
Blue Sky Turning to Rain
Manipulations
Love and War
Alwyn vs. Collins
The Real Devil
A Generous Proposal
Life Saving Measures
Runaway
First Meetings
Maisie
Closing In
Shared Hurt
Always A Mother
Closing Wounds
Manifesting Hope
Letting Go to Win
Mosaic of Time
Journey to Heaven
*Epilogue*
*Story Sequel*

Broken Heart

2.2K 41 14
By Champagne-Dreams

When Joe walked through the door Sophie launched herself at him wrapping her arms around his legs. She was confused at his response as usually he picked her up to swing her around or give her a big kiss.

"Sorry honey, I have to talk to mommy for a while. Can you stay with Grandma for a while?" he said sadly pushing her away. She followed him for a few more steps before Andrea stopped her. Each step up the stairs and to their bedroom felt like a thousand miles, Joe was still in complete disbelief at what had just happened. When he finally cracked the door open he saw Taylor laying on her side in bed propped up on some pillows writing in her journal. She turned to face him with a wide smile on her face.

"Hey, I missed you" she said reaching her arms out for a hug but pulled back when he didn't return her embrace. Off put by his coldness she studied his face.

"What's wrong?" She asked, the smile fading from her face.

"Taylor... something happened in court today. I can't even explain what happened but it just did."

"Joe..."

"Tay today the judge ordered us to give custody of Sophie to Carol and Steve until you're off of bedrest." Joe tried to say this as carefully as possible as if the way he said it would have any less effect. Taylor sat straight up in bed unable to believe at what he was saying.

"No! they can't be serious we have tons of people willing help us out with her." She was already beginning to get worked up and it was useless for Joe to try and talk her down.

"They fed the judge some garbage about how they're offering us help and don't mean any harm and say it will only benefit everybody involved... she ordered us to bring her to court to do the exchange next Monday, I'm so sorry Lana and I tried everything to get Judge James to change her mind but she wouldn't budge." Joe couldn't bear to look Taylor in the face... instead he stared at the bedspread between them. He was waiting for her to scream and cuss him out for not doing enough to keep their family together or begin to breakdown. Instead she became deathly silent.

"Babe?... come on talk to me." He reached up to cup her cheek. Taylor pulled away giving her head a shake.

"It's fine... everything is going to be okay." She said her voice containing only the slightest tremor.

"Love... you can get upset and cry if you need to."

"I can handle this... I can fix everything." She said roughly wiping away tears that had started to spring in her eyes. "Don't tell Sophie or my mom anything, there's no reason to upset either of them for nothing." Joe didn't know why she seemed so calm but it scared him regardless.

----------------

In the morning Joe woke up to instinctually reach for Taylor but found her side of the bed empty.

"Taylor?" He called out quickly throwing off the covers and getting out of bed, she wasn't supposed to get out of bed for any reason but to go to the bathroom. He hurried downstairs to the kitchen where he could smell food cooking.

"Morning Daddy!" Sophie chirped from her seat at the kitchen table a big pile of breakfast on the plate in front of her. Taylor stood with her back toward him while she packed Sophie's snacks for school. Joe gave Sophie a halfhearted morning pat on the head in response to her greeting.

"Taylor, you are not supposed to be off of bedrest what are you doing?" Joe said in a low voice so Sophie wouldn't hear.

"I feel fine so I'm taking care of Sophie today." She said matter-of-factly while measuring out fruit snacks into Tupperware.

"Dr. Green clearly said that it was dangerous for you to be up and about, go back upstairs to bed." Joe ordered pulling the lunch bag out of her hands.

"I know what she said but I know my own body and there is nothing wrong with me or the baby!" she snapped grabbing the bag back from him.

"Why are you guys being mad at each other?" Sophie stood on her chair trying to see what they were fighting over.

"Nothing honey, hurry up and finish your breakfast so you can get washed up." Taylor replied brightening up her voice. Sophie finished her food and skipped upstairs to brush her teeth. Joe wasn't about to let the argument go and followed Taylor as she went upstairs to get Sophie's school uniform ready.

"Are you mad at me, or trying to prove something right now?" He said angrily.

"I'm not trying to prove anything. I don't need to be on bedrest everybody is just overreacting. This is all just a misunderstanding that got out of hand." The two of them continued to snipe back and forth at each other. Joe figured as long as Taylor was sitting down or standing in once place maybe things would be okay. Sophie was quiet through all this bantering, got dressed with her hair combed without saying a word.

"Okay we're already to go, let's move so we're not late." Taylor announced helping Sophie put her backpack on. This was too much for Joe, it was one thing for her to be puttering around the house. It was a whole other situation to have her driving. Moving fast to get ahead of her, he grabbed her car keys from the tray near the front door.

"I am not letting you drive, Sophie get in the car I'm taking you to school!' He said firmly.

"Who do you think you are?! I am not a child, give me the damn keys!" Taylor was getting angry and held her palm out expecting him to hand the keys over. Joe was in a bind, on one hand he knew that getting her angry was going to give her a blood pressure spike but it was just too risky to let her drive because of her headaches.

"We are going to talk about this later because I need to know what's up with you right now but you are NOT driving especially with Sophie in the car." Joe said holding the keys out of reach while heading out the door. Taylor let out a small screech of frustration as she slammed the door behind him. Her head was pounding again and her belly started to tense. Easing into one of the dining room chairs she took a deep breath rubbing her stomach easing the pain away.

"Hey little girl, there's no need for all of that. You're not ready to come out yet." She continued to rub her protruding baby bump until they both seemed to calm down. Joe didn't understand, she had to prove to the judge that she could care for her own child just fine and there was no need for her to be taken away. If she calculated the timing right then that could mean Sophie would be gone for two months as Taylor had barely reached her 7th month of pregnancy. Gingerly she stood up to start washing up the breakfast dishes. Eventually she had to sit back down halfway through loading the dishwasher because her vision was so blurred. Still she pushed through to finish up the task before making a phone call to Lana.

----------------------

I can't believe you planned this behind my back!" Joe was furious, Taylor had asked the Lana to let her do a testimony before they were forced to give Sophie to the Collins. He was furious because going to court was the key thing that Dr. Green had ordered her not to do yet here they were... But rooted in his fury was the fear that this could push her over the edge and they'd end up in the hospital yet again.

"I know what I'm doing... they are not going to take her away again." Taylor said as she stood at the washing machines folding laundry. Normally she made Joe do laundry duty so he knew for sure there was something up with her.

"Tay, listen I am begging you to please just let me handle this. I will testify on your behalf.

"This is all happening because of me so let me be the one to convince the judge that I am fine to take care of Sophie and she doesn't need to go anywhere else!" Joe was heartbroken when he heard her say this.

"Love, it is not your fault. We're dealing with complete psychos and have a judge who falls for their lawyer's charm offensive. But Lana is trying her best to appeal the Judge's decision we can trust her without you having to hurt yourself."

"I got us into this mess so I will get us out." Taylor said defiantly picking up the laundry basket and walking out of the room. Joe grabbed the heavy linen basket out of her arms before she attempted to walk up the stairs with it. "Stop treating me like I'm broken!" She shouted at him.

"If you don't stop and go back upstairs to bed I am going to call your mother because god knows you're not listening to me." He fought back. Taylor stared at him but headed to the kitchen to start making dinner instead of going upstairs like he told her to. Joe sighed and continued up the stairs with the laundry basket. In the kitchen Taylor attempted to make a simple pasta dish but was have great difficulty because her eyes couldn't focus on anything. It almost seemed like she was underwater her vision was so blurry.

"Abbi called to say Sophie's on a playdate with Maddy so she's probably going to eat over there." Joe said coming into the kitchen after handling the laundry.

"Sorry what?" Taylor asked trying to focus her eyes, feeling dizzy.

"I said Sophie's going to have dinner at Abbi's tonight so it's just you and I... are you okay?" Joe was done being angry about the laundry and realized Taylor didn't look so good.

"I'm fine... can you finish dinner though. I think I'm going to go lay down." Holding tight to the banister she pulled herself up step by step each movement creating a pounding in her head. Half way up the stairs she stopped and crumpled to her knees, unable to walk another step.

----------

At the hospital there was no time for Dr. Green to scold Taylor for getting up from her ordered bed rest. Taylor was immediately admitted and hooked to every monitor imaginable, her blood pressure rate was through the roof. Despite the medications they put through her IV nothing was working to bring it down and it remained in the danger level zone. Dr. Green asked to speak with Joe in the hallway.

"Joe, I'm really sorry but things are not looking good. We just can't get Taylor's blood pressure under control and it's becoming too dangerous for both her and the baby to wait and see if another treatment works. We're going to have to perform a C-Section before the baby becomes too distressed." Dr. Green was apologetic as she knew this was not the outcome they had hoped for.

"But she's barely 7 months along... will the baby be able to survive?" Joe was overcome with devastation.

"We'll try our best I can't promise you anything, but we have to move quickly. All Joe could do was nod his head in agreement as Dr. Green returned to Taylor's room to do a final assessment. Joe followed and knelt next to Taylor's bedside.

"Hey love... listen things are getting pretty dangerous so they're going to deliver the baby now." He gently brushed the bangs from her forehead. She looked so tired and pale but her blue eyes still looked up to meet his.

"But it's too early." She said softly.

"I know but she's strong like you, so I know she's going to be just fine."

The nurses bustled around the room preparing Taylor to be transported to surgery. For as much activity going on in the room it felt like Taylor and Joe were in a world of their own. Taylor reached for Joe's hand and gently swung it back and forth.

"Joe..."

"Yes baby?"

"I'm scared..."

"Don't you worry they're going to take you in and when you wake up our little girl will be here for you to meet." Joe tried his best to smile at her and was gratified that she gave a small smile back.

"I love you so much... can you tell Sophie I love her too." Taylor closed her eyes resting her head on the pillow. Looking away out the window for a brief moment Joe felt her grip on his hand loosen from his grasp. The rapid beeping of the heart monitor suddenly dulling into a long ominous alarm sound.

A/N: Another long chapter... What can I say? drama takes a lot of words lol. As always reads, votes and comments are always welcome :) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.9K 673 29
Taylor Swift has been dating Joe Alwyn for a year. When a particle accelerator goes off and gives Taylor new abilities she's torn between being good...
51.7K 3K 89
** it doesn't have to be read as a jaylor story. you could read it like its just an arranged marriage story if you're not a fan ** Two families and...
39.4K 1.5K 31
- book four of wisteria hearts - Both Joe and Taylor have had their fair share of darkness, but within each other, they found daylight. And that is...
17.1K 903 43
Taylor Swift and Harry Styles the perfect couple.. Well maybe not so perfect. Twenty two year old very successful business man Harry Styles (owner of...