The Don and His Angel

By jlf7899

Don Luciano DiSilva is known for his ruthlessness. As the leader of the Italian Mafia, he is cold and callous... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10 - Luca's POV
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22 - Luca's POV
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 - Luca's POV
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39 - Luca's POV
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47 - Luca's POV
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54 - Luca's POV
Chapter 55 - Epilogue
Author's Note
Please Read

Chapter 9

264K 6.6K 4.8K
By jlf7899

The ten hour flight felt like a lifetime. While Luca's men stretched out around the jet, he remained at my side. They tried to discuss business with him, to pull his attention away.

But he simply told them, "my priority right now is her."

The long ride gives me time to think. If Luca wanted to hurt me or even see me dead, he would not have pulled me from the house. He would not ignore his men. He would not sit here and hold my hand for hours, in a last ditch attempt to find comfort, whether it be for me or him.

I don't think he wants to hurt me.

Maybe that's what he wants me to think. Maybe he's trying to offer a false sense of security.

But what if he's not playing a game? What if he really is just trying to keep me safe like he said?

Maybe I should give him a sliver of trust. Maybe I can see beyond the monster and instead see the man.

The jet lands and all of the men, except Gio and Antonio, file out. The duo wait for Luca to put his hand on the small of my back and escort me off the jet before following behind us.

A caravan of SUVs awaits us on the private air strip. His men break apart in the many cars. One of the men holds open the back door to one of the vehicles and Luca ushers me inside.

Once again he takes my hand in his once he's settled into his seat. His thumb rubs absentminded circles on the back of my hand.

"Where are we going?" I ask as the scenery outside the car transforms from a city center to a more remote town.

"My home," he tells me, "il Castello di Manfredonico."

"You live in a castle?" I ask him, utterly confused.

"I grew up there," he corrects, "my brother lives there now."

"I didn't know you had a brother," I reply.

"I have two. You know my one brother Antonio, that fottuto idiota," he says, "and my youngest brother is named Enzo."
(Fucking idiot)

"Are you close?" I question. I don't know why but I'm curious. In this twisted setting, Luca seems so human.

"Antonio is only alive because he's my brother," he says curtly.

"And Enzo?" I push.

"I trust him more than anyone in the world. That's why he's here," he tells me, "he keeps watch of the business here when I am in New York."

"Will I meet him?" I ask.

A smirk forms on Luca's lips, "is one DiSilva not enough for you, angelo?"

I roll my eyes before I turn away to face the window.

"Yes, you will meet him," he sighs. He tugs at my hand to pull my attention to him. When I do look back at him, he smiles brightly.

"Saremo lì tra qualche minuto," the man driving speaks for the first time.
(We will be there in a few minutes)

"Grazie," Luca says before he turns back to me.
(Thank you)

"Most of my men here don't speak English," he explains.

"Which is why you're speaking to me so freely right now," I reply.

"Yes," he says.

Like the driver said, we wind the narrow roads of Mussomeli until the castle grows in size.

Just like in New York, dozens of men with guns patrol the perimeter of the castle. The rest of the caravan joins us on the long, winding driveway.

On the front steps of the castle stands a small, young family. The man bears a striking resemblance to Luca. The same chiseled features and perfectly styled hair. But his eyes are a chocolate brown, instead of icy blue. Next to him is a petite brunette holding a baby on her hip. She cowers slightly behind the man I can only assume to be her husband.

The driver opens the car door and Luca slides out before offering me his hand. I take it and get out of the car as well.

Antonio bounds the steps to pull, who I'm assuming to be Enzo, into a tight hug. Luca places his hand on the small of my back and urges me forward. The brothers seperate as we approach.

"I finally get to meet mia nipote," Antonio says with a smile.
(My niece)

"It's been too long brother," Luca says with a soft smile.

"Perché diavolo siete lì impalato?" Enzo beams.
(What the hell are you just standing there for?)

Luca and Enzo embrace in a tight but brief hug before Luca fully returns to my side.

"What's her name?" Luca nods towards the baby.

"Isabelle," the woman responds while smiling at the small child.

"Lovely name," Antonio says.

"Victoria, this is my brother Enzo and his wife Maria," Luca smiles down at me.

"Piacere di conoscerti," I say with a small smile.
(Nice to meet you)

"She's Italian?" Enzo questions with a raised brow.

"Don't start," Luca holds up a hand.

"Let them get settled pupa," Maria says to her husband, "they had a long flight."
(Babe)

"Right," Enzo shakes his head like he actually forgot to invite us inside, "come in."

Luca guides me through the ancient castle. It's cold inside, a stark contrast to the sunny weather outside. But it is beautiful. Arched doorways and intricate carvings in pillars. The place screams aristocracy.

Enzo and Luca walk a few paces ahead in a heated discussion. They switch back and forth between English and Italian so fast it almost dizzying. I pick up a little of what they're saying.

Something about going to war and training new recruits. It sounds serious.

Luca leads me away from his brothers and down a few corridors. He opens a door for me and ushers me inside.

It's a huge bedroom with a four post king sized bed front and center. It is draped in maroon sheets and an abundance of pillows. A chaise sits under a window that looks over the water. Similar to the house in New York, there is a walk in closet and an en-suite bathroom.

"This will be our room while we are here," he informs me.

I quickly turn to face him, "excuse me?"

"There are no other rooms available," he explains, "I will sleep on the couch."

I glance at the very short and slightly uncomfortable looking chaise. There's no way in hell that he's fitting on that. But I'm not offering to sleep there.

"Are you hungry?" He asks as he walks over to the closet. I can hear him rummaging around in there.

"No," I lie. I take the opportunity to go into the bathroom and the sight in the mirror shocks me.

I look fucking awful. My whole body is coated in dust and dirt. The beautiful white dress is now an unsettling grey with a tear in it.

"Luca?" I call out as I examine the shower.

"Yes il mio piccolo angelo?" He replies as he saunters into the bathroom holding a pile of folded clothes.
(My little angel)

"Can you turn on the shower please?" I ask, deliberately ignoring the name and stepping to the side.

"As you wish," he places the pile of clothes on the counter before he turns on the shower.

He steps closer to me and I step back until my back hits the wall. Luca puts his arms on either side of me, effectively trapping me there. My breath hitches and my heart starts to race.

"Thank you," I say quietly.

"I'd move mountains if it made you happy," he replies, his voice husky.

A blush creeps up my cheeks at his words. There is no insincerity when he speaks to me.

"Taking a shower would make me happy," I say as I duck under his arm and move around him.

"That can easily be arranged," he retorts.

"Alone," I clarify. He hums in response but moves to leave nonetheless.

"There are some clothes for you to change into," he motions to the pile on the counter, "I will get you your own clothes but for now you can wear mine."

I nod in agreement. I honestly don't give a shit whose clothes I'm wearing as long as both the clothes and I am clean.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.1K 530 36
Book 1 in Love series. After this y'all gonna get a book about Venezio and his love. Warning: this book is pretty cringe and very messed up but ok ร—...
232K 6.5K 103
MASSIMO ALEJANDRO ROMANO, a well-known name in the mafia world. He is an Italian mafiosa capo (mafia boss) and is the most strongest, powerful and th...
1.2M 20.7K 113
๐“•๐“ป๐“ธ๐“ถ ๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“ต๐“ธ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ผ SMUT WARNING |EDITING "i still hate you, we will forever be enemies." he picks up the condom "but i'll see...
5.5M 92.6K 30
Leonardo De Luca is the mysterious cold hearted Italian don. Nobody knows what he looks like, and whoever does, isn't lucky... He's heartless and do...