SPACEMAN AND THE MOON ― doct...

By pascalsbabygirl

❝︎it's alright spaceman, i can handle this ❞︎ ────── 𝙄𝙉 𝙒𝙃𝙄𝘾𝙃, 𝙇𝙐𝙉𝘼 𝙋𝙀𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙎𝙊𝙉 is a histo... More

act one
playlist
cast
disclaimer/notes
graphics
one ; school reunion part one
two ; school reunion part two
three ; school reunion part three
four ; the girl in the fireplace part one
five ; the girl in fireplace part two
six ; rise of the cyberman part one
seven ; rise of the cyberman part two
eight ; rise of the cyberman part three / age of steel part one
nine ; age of steel part two
ten ; the idiot's lantern
eleven ; the idiot's lantern part two
twelve ; the impossible planet part one
thirteen ; the impossible planet part two
fourteen ; the satan's pit
fifteen ; fear her part one
sixteen ; fear her part two
seventeen ; moments
eighteen ; army of ghosts part one
nineteen ; army of ghosts part two & doomsday part one
twenty ; doomsday part two
act two
twenty one ; the runaway bride
twenty-two ; the runaway bride part two
twenty-three ; the runaway bride part three
twenty-four ; banana milkshakes and john lennon
twenty-five ; smith, jones, and peterson part one
twenty seven ; the shakespeare code
twenty-eight ; the shakespeare code part two
twenty-nine ; the shakespeare code part three
thirty ; gridlock part one
thirty-one ; gridlock part two
thirty two ; gridlock part three
thirty three ; daleks in manhattan part one
thirty-four: daleks in manhattan part two
thirty-five; evolution of the daleks
thirty-six; the lazarus experiment
thirty-seven; truth
thirty eight; 42
thirty-nine; 42 part two
forty ; human nature, part one
forty-one; human nature part two

twenty-six ; smith, jones, and peterson part two

2.4K 112 98
By pascalsbabygirl

chapter twenty-six ; smith, jones, and peterson

✰☾✰

LUNA LEANED AGAINST A WHITEBOARD, watching as the Doctor scanned the computer with his sonic. He was looking for any information as to why the Judoon would possibly want a single hospital from Earth, as well as it's occupants.

"They've reached third floor," Martha rushed in the doors. "What's that thing?" She pointed to the sonic.

"Sonic screwdriver."

"Well, if you're not gonna answer me properly."

The Doctor turned around, his face morphing into confusion. "No, really," he spoke softly,"it is. It's a screwdriver, and it's sonic. Look," he showed it to her and she scoffed, moving closer.

"What else have you got, a laser spanner?"

"I did, but it was stolen by Emily Pankhurst, cheeky woman." Luna raised her eyebrows. Interesting. "Oh, this computer!" He shouted, slamming his hand down on the computer. Martha leaned back a tad and Luna jumped. "The Judoon must have locked it down. Judoon platoon upon the moon," he ran a hand through his hair, taking a breath. "Because I was just travelling past. I swear, I was just wandering. I wasn't looking for trouble--"

"--You never are," Luna cut in, giving him a look. He sighed, lower lip pouting out.

"Honestly, I wasn't," he reassured them both. "But we noticed these plasma coils around the hospital, and that lightning, that's a plasma coil," he informed Martha. "Been building up for two days now, so we checked in. I thought something was going on inside. It turns out the plasma coils were the Judoon up above."

"But what were they looking for?"

"Something that looks human, but isn't," Luna spoke up as the Doctor typed into the computer.

"Like you, apparently," Martha said sarcastically.

"Like me," he looked up at Martha. "But not me."

"Haven't they got a photo?" Martha asked.

"Well, might be a shape-changer."

"Whatever it is, can't you just leave the Judoon to find it?"

"If they declare the hospital guilty of harboring a fugitive," Luna explained gently. "They'll sentence the entire occupancy to execution."

"All of us?"

"Oh yes," the Doctor agreed. "But, If I can find this thing first. Oh!" Martha jumped back, bumping into Luna. "You see, they're thick! Judoon are thick! They are completely thick! They wiped the records. Oh, that's clever." He ran his hand through his hair again, sticking both his hands on his head and angrily messing up his hair.

"What are we looking for?"

"I don't know. Say, any patient admitted in the past week with unusual symptoms..."

"Just keep working. I'll go ask Mister Stoker. He might know."

"Do you want any help?" Luna asked Martha but she shook her head.

"I'm good," she smiled. "Thanks, though. It should only take a minute."

Martha left the room and the Doctor focused on the task at hand, trying to find anything he could from the computers. "You like her?" He asked Luna after Martha had gone.

Luna nodded. "Yeah, I do. Why?"

He shrugged, not looking at her. "I don't want a repeat of the last time," he slammed his hand down on the computer angrily. He hadn't found anything. "I can't lose you, not again. And I want to be sure that the next companion we have is good to you. She needs to understand boundaries and friendship and that, at the end of the day, she is my companion and you are more than that."

Luna's demeanor softened and she walked forward, resting her hand on his shoulder. He reached up and grabbed it with one of his hands, looking up to her. "I can't do that again. I don't want to pick the wrong person and end up losing you."

She leaned down, kissing him softly. "You're not going to, I promise. And I like her, she's a real doctor."

He rolled his eyes, shrugging off her hand. "Oh, hush up, I'm a very good doctor."

"Mmhm," Luna agreed. "Absolutely, you definitely know how to use medical tools to help someone."

"You're looking for trouble aren't you?" He looked up with a small smile. "Keep talking, I dare you."

Luna grinned. "Did you try actually restoring the backup, or are you just looking for things blindly?"

The Doctor stopped typing for a moment before sighing. "I was going to try that next."

Luna nodded. "Yeah," she agreed sarcastically. "Of course you were."

The Doctor focused intently again, grabbing the back of the computer and pressing his sonic on to scan for anything. A few minutes passed before he got up and yelled victoriously, pulling Luna into a kiss. "OH, I love you, Luna Peterson," he grinned, grabbing her hand and pulling her down the hall.

She laughed next to him as they ran and a few moments later they caught up to Martha. Martha looked frightened and was running down the hall, glancing behind her fearfully. She didn't even see the pair coming and ran straight into the Doctor. He dropped Luna's hand, steadying Martha.

"I've restored the backup," he told her.

"I've found her," Martha cut him off.

"You what?"

Not a moment later, the door to Mr. Stoker's office fell down and two motorcycle men with black helmets came towards them.

The Doctor's eyes widened and he grabbed Luna's hand again as they rushed away from the creatures. Martha raced behind them and they made it downstairs, only to run into Judoon, before turning around and running out another door. They ran down a hallway, turned left, ran into another hallway and made another left before the lights flickered off slightly.

The Doctor moved Luna and Martha down a separate hallway and they raced across the floor until the Doctor budged open a room and sonic-d the door shut.

"When I say now, press the button!" The Doctor shouted to Luna and Martha as he sonic-d a machine behind a glass window.

"But I don't know which one!" Martha shouted back.

"Then find out! Luna, help her!"

Luna waved him off, already scanning the instruction manual and Martha peeked next to her as they hurried to find the right button.

"This one," Luna moved towards a giant yellow button, her eyes widening as the creature entered the room with the Doctor, the door barreling down.

"NOW!"

Luna and Martha slammed their hands down on the button and the entire room went blue, the creature's skeleton showing as it electrocuted him before he fell down. Luna shut the machine off quickly. Luna's eyes moved to the Doctor in worry but he didn't notice, stepping forward and looking at the motorcycle man.

"What did you do?"

"Increased the radiation by five thousand per cent. Killed him dead."

"But isn't that going to kill you?"

Luna shook her head. "He's been through worse."

"Nah, it's only roentgen radiation," the Doctor explained. "We used to play with roentgen bricks in the nursery. It's safe for you to come out," he told them both and they came out from behind the glass, twisting his body and sucking in breath. "I've absorbed it all. All I need to do is expel it. If I concentrate," he began to shake up and down, bouncing on his heels. "I can shake the radiation out of my body and into one spot," he started hopping on his right foot. "It's in my left shoe. Here we go, here we go. Easy does it. Out, out, out, out, out," he hopped backward, almost stumbling into the wall and Luna laughed. He looked absolutely ridiculous. "Out, out. Ah, ah, ah, ah! It is, it is, it is, it is, it is hot. Hold on," he took off the shoe and tossed it into the yellow waste basket. "Done."

Luna laughed harder, shaking her head.

"You're completely mad," Martha said.

The Doctor nodded. "You're right. I look daft with one shoe." He took off his other shoe, tossing that into the bin as well.

This only made Luna laugh harder and she took a deep breath, studying herself.

"Why are you laughing? Is he always like this?"

Luna nodded, giggles still leaving her mouth. "Unfortunately, yes."

The Doctor frowned. "What do you mean, unfortunately?"

"Nothing, Doc," she told him fondly. "You looked ridiculous," she informed him, "and you're so lucky you're cute."

He straightened up a bit. "Thanks, darling," he grinned. "Hey, look. Barefoot on the moon."

Martha blinked, turning back to the other creature. "So what is that thing? And where's it from, the planet Zovirax?"

Luna smiled, walking over to the Doctor and pressing a kiss to his cheek before they both stepped towards Martha and the creature.

"It's just a Slab. They're called Slabs. Basic slave drones. See? Solid leather, all the way through. Someone has got one hell of a fetish."

"Not for me, though," Luna pitched in. "Handcuffs, sure, but leather? A bit much. Too sweaty, you know?"

They both looked at her, Martha's mouth slightly open and the Doctor's eyes were wide, a small smile tugging on the corner of his lips.

"I get it now," Martha said. "You guys are good together. You're both completely bonkers."

Luna smiled at her words and the Doctor kissed Luna's cheek. "Thanks, Martha," Luna awed, looking up at the Doctor.

"But it was that woman," Martha grabbed their attention again. "Miss Finnegan. It was working for her, just like a servant..."

The Doctor walked over to the machine again, pulling out his sonic, his face crestfallen. "My screwdriver--" he stated sadly.

"--She was one of the patients," Martha continued. "But--"

"--Oh, no. My sonic screwdriver."

Luna ran a hand along the Doctor's back, rubbing it gently. "Sorry, love," she tried. "We'll make you a new one, okay?"

"--She had a straw like some kind of vampire--"

The Doctor turned to Luna with a pout. "I loved my sonic screwdriver."

"Doctor?" Martha asked and he looked up, tossing the screwdriver behind him. Luna blinked at the change of heart, letting out a giggle.

"Sorry." He smiled. "You called me Doctor."

"Anyway?" Martha tried to steer his attention. "Miss Finnegan is the alien. She was drinking Mister Stoker's blood."

"Funny time to take a snack. You'd think she'd be hiding. Unless. No. Yes, that's it. Wait a minute. Yes! Shape-changer. Internal shape-changer. She wasn't drinking blood, she was assimilating it."

"If she can assimilate Mister Stoker's blood, mimic the biology, she'll register as human. We've got to find her and show the Judoon," Luna cut in.

"Come on!" The Doctor grabbed Luna's hand, pulling her out of the doorway, only for another Slab to storm through the hallway and they ducked at the entrance to the door.

"That's the thing about Slabs," the Doctor informed Martha. "They always travel in pairs."

"What about you?" Martha asked.

"What about me what?"

"How long have you guys been together?"

"Oh. Humans," the Doctor scoffed. "We're stuck on the moon running out of air with Judoon and a bloodsucking criminal, you're asking personal questions?" He grabbed Luna's hand, pulling her up and heading down the hall again. "Come on."

"I like that. Humans. I'm still not convinced you're an alien."

"I'll tell you later," Luna promised Martha. "It's definitely a story."

They bumped into a Judoon and it scanned the Doctor.

"Non-human."

Martha looked up in shock. "Oh my god, you really are."

He took a breath, squeezing Luna's hand. "And, again!"

They all took off running down the hallway and made it down the corner before the lasers pointed at them from the weapons. They raced downstairs, making it into a mother room and locking the door. Luna reached in her pocket and grabbed her inhaler, using it easily and sighing in relief. "I hate the running," she mumbled.

"They've done this floor," he informed them as they passed by a woman on a wheelchair, the doctor from earlier holding an oxygen mask to her face. "Come on," the Doctor rushed on but Luna let go, following Martha to the woman. "The Judoon are logical and just a little bit thick. They won't go back to check a floor they've checked already. If we're lucky."

He turned around, frowning at Luna. "Why'd you--oh."

"How much oxygen is there?" Martha asked the woman.

"Not enough for all these people. We're going to run out."

"How are you feeling?" He asked Martha.

"I'm running on adrenaline."

"Are you all right?" He asked Luna gently. "You had to use your inhaler, that doesn't happen much anymore."

Luna nodded, shrugging his worries off. "I'll be fine, Doc."

He kept eye contact for a moment, a deep frown on his face before he turned back to Martha. "Welcome to my world."

"What about the Judoon?" Martha asked.

"Nah, great big lung reserves. It won't slow them down. Where's Mister Stoker's office?"

Martha got up. "This way," she led the Doctor and Luna around the corner and down the hall.

The Doctor reached over, grabbing Luna's hand again. "Don't ever let go again."

She raised her eyebrows. "Really? That's your concern?"

"Peace of mind, okay? Helps me know you're safe."

The found the room a few minutes later and the Doctor stopped Martha, moving forward and tugging Luna along gently. No one was there.

"She's gone," Martha explained. "She was here."

The Doctor let go of Luna's hand, rushing to Mr. Stoker's body and Luna noticed how white it was. Like someone had thrown a sheet over him, or, ironically enough, as though all the blood had been drained from his body.

"Drained him dry," the Doctor said, pulling his fingers away from Stoker's body. "Every last drop. I was right. She's a plasmavore."

"What's she doing on Earth?" Martha asked.

"Hiding. On the run. Like Ronald Biggs in Rio de Janeiro. What's she doing now? She's still not safe. The Judoon could execute us all. Come on." He grabbed Luna's hand again and she braced herself for more running.

"Wait a minute," Martha held them up, leaning down to Mr. Stoker's body. She gently closed his eyes.

Luna and the Doctor exchanged a knowing look. She was more compassionate than most people. Big plus.

They left the room and walked into the corridor, the Doctor holding Luna's hand tightly. She reached into her pocket, pulling her inhaler out again. Taking another breath, she coughed after, giving him an apologetic look.

"Sorry, love," she explained. "I'm getting a little light-headed."

His face flooded with concern and he brought her close, kissing her head. "You'll be fine, I promise. Just hold on a bit longer." He tore his eyes away from her and thought aloud. "Think, think, think. If I was a plasmavore surrounded by police, what would I do?"

The Doctor's eyes widened and his mouth dropped open as he stared at the MRI sign. "Ah. She's as clever as me. Almost."

There was a crash down the hallway at the doors and people began screaming, rushing away from the Judoon as they stormed down the hospital.

"Find the non-human. Execute."

"Martha, stay here," he turned to her quickly. "I need time. You've got to hold them up."

"How do I do that?"

The Doctor looked to Luna apologetically. "Please, this means nothing. I promise," he turned back to Martha again. "Just forgive me for this. It could save a thousand lives. It means nothing. Honestly, nothing."

Luna's eyes narrowed suspiciously as the Doctor let go of her hand, grabbing Martha's face and pulling her into a kiss. Luna's mouth dropped open and she wasn't entirely sure what to feel -- he would obviously have a good reason for this, there wasn't a need to be jealous. Still, the slight bitter twinge of jealousy that despised Rose tore through her insides and she swallowed. He would explain everything.

Pulling away in a hurry, the Doctor grabbed Luna's hand again and raced down the hallway. "Sorry about that," he started as they ran. "It truly meant nothing. It felt weird, I don't -- yours are the only lips that I -- I transferred a bit of my essence into her, just a small genetic transfer to buy us time and I swear I would never, ever do anything remotely like that if I could --"

"--Doc, it's fine," she cut him off with a smile. "It's okay, I knew you had a reason. Just, a bit of warning next time, okay?"

He looked at her, relief flooding his eyes as they ran. "Did I mention that I love you?"

"Once or twice, yeah," she smirked and he laughed, squeezing her hand tightly.

They reached the room a moment later and exchanged a look. Lights flickered all through the room and the Doctor pushed open the door, dropping Luna's hand as she followed close behind.

Luna winced as the light flickered around the room. Florence stood behind the window, working and the Doctor gave Luna a look. She got the hint: follow along.

"Have you seen them?" The Doctor exclaimed, pointing outside the door. "There are these things. These great big space rhino things. I mean, rhinos from space. And we're on the moon! Great big space rhinos with guns on the moon. And I only came in for my bunions, look," he grabbed his foot with his spare hand, rubbing the bottom. "I mean, all fixed now. Perfectly good treatment. The nurses were lovely. I said to my wife," he gestured to Luna. "I said I'd recommend this place to anyone, but then we end up on the moon. And did I mention the rhinos?"

Luna nodded. "I know. I thought it was great, there was a shop and everything," she looked at the Doctor in disbelief. "I can't believe it was attacked by aliens! I mean, how's our insurance supposed to cover that?"

"Hold her."

The Slab came forward and grabbed Luna's arms, holding her tightly.

The Doctor's eyes widened. "No, no, please, she--she has an incurable disease. Yeah, look at her, she's running out of oxygen as we speak, but me, well--well--just--just--just--hold on a minute, just--well--just--"

Luna gave him a look before pretending to faint, dropping in the Slab's arms.

"Oh," Florence remarked dryly. "Yes, alright, just use him instead. I don't want to take any chances."

Luna's body toppled to the floor and she lay still, listening to her surroundings.

"Er, that, that big er machine thing," the Doctor spoke up. "Is it supposed to be making that noise?"

"You wouldn't understand."

"But isn't that a magnetic resonance imaging thing? Like a ginormous sort of a magnet? I did magnetics GCSE. Well, I failed, but all the same."

"The magnetic setting now increased to fifty thousand Tesla."

Luna fought back the urge to cough as her breathing slowed. She opened her eyes slowly, looking up at them cautiously. Florence didn't notice her. Luna's breathing slowed and she blinked her eyes, suddenly feeling incredibly drained. Perhaps the slow breathing and closed eyes tricked her body. She looked up at the Doctor, a faint smile on her face. He was so handsome. She knew she was running out of oxygen, and she knew he'd save the day.

She just didn't know if her body could make it quite that long.

"It'll send out a magnetic pulse that'll fry the brain stems of every living thing within two hundred and fifty thousand miles. Except for me, safe in this room."

The Doctor tensed in the Slab's arms and Luna's head began to ache. She swallowed thickly, suddenly feeling very suffocated.

"But er, hold on, hold on, I did geography GCSE. I passed that one. Doesn't that distance include the Earth?"

"Only the side facing the moon. The other half will survive. Call it my little gift."

"I'm sorry, you'll have to excuse me, I'm a little out of my depth. I've spent the past fifteen years working as a postman. Hence the bunions. Why would you do that?"

"With everyone dead, the Judoon ships will be mine, to make my escape."

"No, that's weird. You're talking like you're some sort of an alien," the Doctor chuckled.

"Quite so."

"No!" The Doctor gasped. Luna smiled despite the lack of oxygen going into her brain and watched him fondly.

"Oh, yes."

"You're joshing me!"

"I am not."

"I'm talking to an alien? In hospital? What, has the place got an ET department?"

"It's the perfect hiding place," Florence explained. Luna couldn't help but draw the resemblance to that of an evil villain, exploiting their plans in the final act. It painted a similar picture. "Blood banks downstairs for a midnight feast, and all this equipment ready to arm myself with should the police come looking."

"So, those rhinos, they're looking for you?"

"Yes. But I'm hidden."

"Right. Maybe that's why they're increasing their scans."

"They're doing what?" Florence looked stressed and Luna smirked. She'd never see the Doctor's plan coming. What an idiot.

"Big chief rhino boy, he said, no sign of a non-human, we must increase our scans up to setting two?"

"Then I must assimilate again."

"What does that mean?" The Doctor asked innocently.

"I must appear to be human."

"Well, you're welcome to come home with me and the wife. She'd be honored. We can have cake. She loves cake, bakes a good one, too."

"Why should I have cake? I've got my little straw."

Luna's eyes widened as Florence turned to Luna, a smile settling on her face. "Now, she'll do just fine."

The Doctor cleared his throat, fighting against the Slab. "Oh, that's nice," he grabbed her attention again. "Milkshake? I like banana."

"You're quite the funny man. And yet, I think, laughing on purpose at the darkness. I think it's time you found some peace. Steady him!"

Luna's heart sped up and she closed her eyes again, slowly this time, feeling her body grow heavy and weak. She watched as the Slab forced the Doctor to his knees, turning his head so Florence could use her straw.

"S-stop," Luna said weakly, her voice barely above a whisper. The Doctor glanced down at her, worry flooding his features but Florence paid her no mind, putting the straw to the Doctor's neck.

"I'm afraid this is going to hurt," she told him. "But if it's any consolation, the dead don't tend to remember."

Luna coughed again, eyes shutting again and she felt herself fall into darkness.

✰☾✰

The Doctor awoke with a gasp, coughing as he tried to regain his breath.

"Scanner," Martha told him quietly as her eyes closed. "She did something."

He crawled around, his eyes falling to Luna -- he'd worry about her later -- and moved to the scanner, reaching for his screwdriver. The realization hit him and he grimaced. "Soddit," he muttered angrily.

He reached for two orange cables that were plugged together and unplugged it, turning the machine off. With a wince, he stood up slowly, walking over to Martha and brushing back a piece of her hair. "I'll come back for you, Martha Jones, I promise."

Then, he walked over to Luna and picked her up, holding her gently in his arms. Standing again, he carried her through the halls of the hospital to a giant window. The Doctor looked at the Judoon ships, pleading with them quietly.

"Come on, come on, come on, come on, please," he begged aloud. "Come on, Judoon, reverse it."

As if on command, it began to rain and his face flooded with relief. "It's raining," he grinned, looking down at Luna, his hearts clenching at the sight of her liked this. It was the second time she'd been rendered unconscious because of a situation he'd put her in, and he knew he had to tell her soon.

But apart of him knew she would be different, albeit just a little, and he wasn't ready to let go of her yet. He wasn't ready to tell her the truth and show her reality -- but he knew the time was growing near. He had to.

"It's raining, Luna," his smile widened. "It's raining on the moon."

Then a crash of thunder sounded and a big flash shook the hospital. A moment later, and it was back on Earth.

The Doctor took a deep breath, setting Luna down gently. "Come on, love," he pleaded gently, beginning CPR. "Wake up, darling."

He tried a few times before she coughed awake, eyes blinking at the light.

"Fuck," she said hoarsely. "My head's pounding."

He grinned, pulling her into a deep kiss, holding the back of her head and tangling his hand in her hair. "I missed you," he said as they pulled apart. "Here, take this," he dug in his pocket, finding the small, clear pill in plastic. "It'll help you feel better, promise."

She smiled weakly. "Thanks for saving me," she smiled.

He kissed her head gently. "I will always save you."

"Yeah, I know."

✰☾✰

Luna held the Doctor's hand tightly, smiling as she breathed in the air. "Oh, I will never take this for granted again," she promised him. "Fresh air, amazing."

He laughed, turning to look at the hospital again. Luna glanced behind him, spotting Martha and she grinned, her and the Doctor waving at the young woman.

"Think we'll want to come with us?"

The Doctor nodded. "Oh, I sure hope so. Martha Jones, I like her."

"Just no more kissing here, okay?"

He groaned, opening the doors to the TARDIS. "I told you! It was a genetic transfer and--"

"--I'm teasing, love."

He stopped talking and she walked up to the console, resting a hand on it gently. "Today was long," she said aloud. "Something about it, I don't know. I feel like I haven't been home in ages. Oh, wait," she gave the Doctor a pointed look. "I've been stuck in that ruddy hospital for two days."

The Doctor shrugged. "You'll forgive me when we meet Shakespeare."

"If we meet him."

"What do you mean, if? We will meet him. Next. But you need sleep. Please, go rest. I'll wake you in a bit, alright?"

Luna hesitated before eventually nodding. "Yeah, a nap sounds good, actually. See you in a bit." She kissed his cheek quickly before moving to leave, but he grabbed her wrist and turned her back.

"What sort of kiss is that?"

She rolled her eyes. "I'm napping, goodbye."

He laughed, letting her go and watching her walk down the hall into the TARDIS.

✰☾✰

Luna woke up awhile later, walking down the corridor to the Console Room and finding the Doctor and Martha standing in front of the console.

"Right then, let's get going."

Luna smiled, leaning against the wall, watching them talk.

"But is there a crew, like a navigator and stuff? Where is everyone? Where's Luna?"

He shrugged. "Just me. Luna's asleep."

"All on your own?" Martha asked.

"Well, sometimes I have guests. I mean some friends, travelling alongside. I had--there was recently, a friend of mine. Rose, her name was. Rose," Luna stiffened at the name, her smile dropping. "But she's gone now. And besides, I'll always have Luna. Don't need anyone but her. Anyway." He cleared his throat and Luna smiled again, her nose tickling as her eyes filled with tears. To say that to her was one thing -- but to another person? Someone he'd only just met?

"I don't know about always, I might leave you for Thor," Luna teased, stepping out of the shadows. "You know, Queen of Asgard doesn't sound half-bad."

The Doctor smiled. "Well, look who's finally awake. You sleep like a rock, I tried to wake you."

"Yeah, I don't buy that," she jeered back, smiling at Martha. "Hey Martha, welcome aboard."

Martha smiled. "Where's the other one now? Rose?"

Luna's smile dropped and she leaned against a railing on the TARDIS, her hands clenching around it.

"With her family. Happy," the Doctor informed Martha tightly, flicking a few controls on the console. "She's fine. She's. Not that you're replacing her."

Luna made a face. No, how dare anyone try to replace Rose?

"Never said I was," Martha denied.

"Just one trip to say thanks," he pointed at her. "You get one trip, then back home. I'd rather be on my own."

Luna cleared her throat and he scratched the back of his neck. "Well, on my own with Luna -- oh, you know what I meant," he waved her off.

"You're the one that kissed me," Martha denied. Luna's eyebrows raised.

"That was a genetic transfer," the Doctor denied, his eyes flicking to Luna's. She shrugged.

"And if you will wear a tight suit."

Luna smiled, looking him over. The suit was rather tight and he did look very, very good in it.

"Now, don't!" He glared at Martha.

"And then travel all the way across the universe just to ask me on a date..."

Luna coughed and the Doctor leaned forward, staring into Martha's eyes angrily. "Stop it."

"For the record, I'm not remotely interested. I only go for humans." She looked at Luna with a smile. "And I would never disrespect you like that."

Luna smiled back, turning to the Doctor and raising an eyebrow. "What are you waiting for? Let's give our girl a trip."

The Doctor's face broke into a smile and he gestured along the console. "Martha, close down the gravitic anomaliser," Luna got up, pulled the lever. "Fire up the helmic regulator," the Doctor winked as he pressed it. "And finally, the hand brake. Ready?"

Martha jolted as the TARDIS begun flight. "Blimey, it's a bit bumpy."

"You'll get used to it!" Luna shouted, grinning as she held onto the edge of the console.

"Welcome aboard, Miss Jones," the Doctor reached his hand out to Martha.

"It's my pleasure, Mister Smith."

✰☾✰

ugh watching this show makes me so reminiscent I wish I could just rewatch it all over again :( also idk if any of you guys shift but I 100% made a super short shifting script for doctor who and I'm gonna shift there so if any of you have lemme know would love to talk lol. anyways! hope you guys liked this!! Martha's officially on board!!! as you can see, the Rose thing isn't quite over yet, but Luna knows where the Doctor's loyalties lie and it's just going to be a bit of trouble later. I can tell you one thing, luna and Martha's friendship is going to be so cute ofkldshljf I'm literally so pumped. I have so many plans for certain episodes uGHHGHH YES. hoped you guys liked this, leave a comment and let me know your thoughts or suggestions! and ik y'all are wondering but we'll see what's in the fob watch soon enough and why the doctor is so hesitant to tell her everything. just sit tight a bit longer friends. leave a vote if you guys enjoyed this please!! don't be a silent reader! stay safe! -osw

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

625K 27.6K 125
Lyssa Devons was trying to run away. But a freak lightning storm sent her to another destination entirely - the TARDIS. Now she's being tossed around...
77.9K 2.5K 115
Being alone is not so bad. It's when the loneliness kicks in that you realise how scared you are. You try to fill the void with all the friends you c...
48.9K 1.1K 37
CURRENTLY BEING REWRITTEN 𝔍𝔲𝔰𝔱 𝔠𝔩𝔬𝔰𝔢 𝔶𝔬𝔲𝔯 𝔢𝔶𝔢𝔰 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔰𝔲𝔫 𝔦𝔰 𝔤𝔬𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔡𝔬𝔴𝔫 𝔜𝔬𝔲'𝔩𝔩 𝔟𝔢 𝔞𝔩𝔯𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱 𝔑𝔬 𝔬𝔫𝔢 𝔠...
127K 5.2K 81
Terry Storm returns anew as she continues to join the Doctor in his adventures. But questions remain as she wonders how her existence is possible, an...