๐ˆ๐๐“๐„๐‘๐“๐–๐ˆ๐๐„๐ƒ | Snip...

By sacredsonatas

Taking on a Padawan Learner was at the very bottom of Anakin Skywalker's bucket list. No, scratch that - it h... More

With Me, Always
Unwelcome Observations
Midnight Snack
Ghosts of the Past
Exam Season
For The First Time In Forever
Roots of Darkness | Part 1
Roots of Darkness | Part 2
Physics
Two Year Anniversary | Part 1
Author's Note
Two Year Anniversary | Part 2
Gone
Oodles of Noodles
Reunited
"The Wrong Jedi" Arc Alternate Ending
Smile Through It All
A Day Off
First Bonds and a Lost Lightsaber
Partners in Crime
Partners in Crime | Alternate Ending 1
Partners in Crime | Alternate Ending 2
Un, Deux, Trois, Quatre, Cinq, Six, Sept, Huit, Neuf
New Beginnings | Godparents
Rewrite The Stars
Smile Through It All | Finale, Part 1
Smile Through It All | Finale, Part 2
An Interesting Game of Spy-N-Seek
Auntie 'Soka
Too Late
Imperfections
Author's Rant
Mosquito
My Sleep Schedule Is Kriffed
My Shot
No Need for Trig at the Pool, Obi-Wan
Burn
Jazzy Tries Making An Edit (Fail)
Long Time No See
Stay?
HAPPY MAY THE FOURTH!!!!!
Shattered Mind | Part 1
Shattered Mind | Part 2
Shattered Mind | Part 3
TYSM FOR 5K! ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•
Interesting Dreams You Have There, Snips
Shattered Mind | Part 4
Cosmic Force
Remember Me
Tano-Skywalker
Dear Luke and Leia
Ice Skating
Happiest Year
Comfort
For Good
New Friends
Dear Luke and Leia | Reprise
Physics | Part 2
Bonding
Stay Alive | Part 1
Stay Alive | Part 2
10k Celebration!
Stay Alive | Part 3
Jealousy
Quadratics
Hogwarts
Braiding
Trouble on Tatooine | Part 1
Lingering Memories
Left With No Choice
Stay Strong
Happy Birthday, Skyguy!
Long Gone
Trouble on Tatooine | Part 2
The Disaster Trio
Troubles With Spanish
The Truth | Part 1
The Truth | Part 2
Display of Strength
Anakin & The Ill-Fated Padawan
Math Tutoring
May The Force Be With You
Penpals
Headcanon: In The Bedroom Down The Hall
In The Bedroom Down the Hall
At Long Last, Part 1
Tired

A Broadway Surprise

456 16 46
By sacredsonatas

Instead of waking up naturally like she always did, Ahsoka was jerked from her state of serenity by a loud cheer coming from her Master's room. What is he up to now? She wondered groggily. It's too early for this.

Moments later, an exhilarated Anakin flounced into her room, wearing an outfit she'd never seen before.

"Master...?" She dared to inquire, gawking at his appearance. He was wearing a casual black shirt with three girls posing, and the word "WORK" emblazoned in gold, and a simple pair of jeans.

"Don't worry, Snips," Anakin chuckled. "I got permission to take you out today to bond more as Master and Padawan."

"If you say so," Ahsoka relented. As an afterthought, she added, "If this ends up not being real, it's-"

"... I will accept the blame, yes."

She simply rolled her eyes.

"Now get out of bed," Skywalker told his apprentice. "I bought you a matching outfit. Get changed -- quickly, too -- and meet me at the door. We don't wanna be late, now do we?"

Intrigued, the Padawan did as told. She had a feeling today was going to be interesting.

***

Twenty minutes later, Anakin and Ahsoka were walking towards a brightly-decorated building as they finished their breakfast.

"This, my lovely apprentice, is the Richard Rogers Theater. We'll be watching the performance here."

"Performance?" She blurted out. "Shouldn't we be in formal attire if we're watching a performance?"

The signature Skywalker smirk found itself back on his lips. "Oh, just you wait." 

***

After what seemed like hours of waiting in line (which it probably was), the best friend duo finally climbed the stairs onto the balcony of the theater. The chatter volume slowly began making its way towards the peak as others wandered to their spots, eyes dancing with both excitement and curiosity.

"What are we watching?" Ahsoka asked, after absorbing the theatre's grandiose architectural. "Dancing? Singing? Drama?"

Anakin turned, smiling mysteriously at her. "A mix of all three. Now, if you could kindly stop badgering me with your que-"

"When is it starting?"

She grimaced after he shot her a look "... sorry, that was the last question."

"I'm only teasing, Snips. It's starting-"

Before he could finish his sentence, the theater lights dimmed as a resounding gasp echoed off of the chamber walls. "Ladies and gentlemen," a cold voice drawled in amusement. "This is your king, George the III."

The audience exploded into thunderous applause, voicing their support with deafening cheers.

"At this time, please silence all cell phones and electronic devices. Thank you, and enjoy my show."

***

A man stepped out of the shadows, a single lightbulb turned on, casting its rays onto the stage. Fanfare-like music began, announced the arrival of the musical's start.

"How does a bastard, orphan, son of a whore, and a Scotsman, dropped in the middle of a forgotten spot in the Caribbean by providence, impoverished, in squalor, grow up to be a hero and a scholar?"

"Well, the word got around, they said, this kid is insane, man, took up a collection just to send him to the mainland. Get your education, don't forget from whence you came, and the world is gonna know your name, what's your name, man?"

"Alexander Hamilton. My name is Alexander Hamilton. And there's a million things I haven't done, but just you wait, just you wait..."

"When he was ten his father split, full of it, debt-ridden, two years later, see Alex and his mother bed-ridden, half-dead, sittin' in their own sick, the scent thick-"

And Alex got better but his mother went quick!

"Moved in with a cousin, the cousin committed suicide, left him with nothin' but ruined pride, something new inside. A voice saying, 'Alex, you gotta fend for yourself!' He started retreatin' and readin' every treatise on the shelf!"

"There would have been nothin' left to do for someone less astute, he would've been dead or destitute without a cent of restitution. Started workin', clerkin' for his late mother's landlord; tradin' sugar cane and rum and all the things he can't afford. Scammin' for every book he can get his hands on, plannin' for the future see him now as he stands on the bow of a ship headed for the new land- In New York, you can be a new man!"

In New York, you can be a new man (just you wait)
In New York, you can be a new man! In New York, New York-

"Just you wait!"

Alexander Hamilton, Alexander Hamilton, We are waiting in the wings for you!

Waiting in the wings for you!

You could never back down, you never learned to take your time! Oh, Alexander Hamilton, Alexander Hamilton, when America sings for you! Will they know what you overcame? Will they know you rewrote your game?The world will never be the same!

"The ship is in the harbor now, see if you can spot him. Another immigrant comin' up from the bottom. His enemies destroyed his rep, America forgot him-"

"We fought with him."

"Me, I died for him"

"Me, I trusted him"

"Me, I loved him"

"And me, I'm the damn fool that shot him..."

There's a million things I haven't done, but just you wait!

"What's your name, man?"

Alexander Hamilton!

As the cast finished its first act, Ahsoka and Anakin cheered from their seats on the balcony, contributing their voices to the delight.

***

(Two hours later, at the finale. I had so many more songs planned, but after the first, there was already 1k words so I had to cut em out.)

"Let me tell you what I wish I'd known, when I was young and dreamed of glory. You have no control, who lives, who dies, who tells your story?"

President Jefferson

"I'll give him this, his financial system is a work of genius. I couldn't undo it if I tried... And, I've tried."

President Madison

"He took our country from bankruptcy to prosperity. I hate to admit it, but he doesn't get enough credit for all the credit he gave us."

Who lives, who dies, who tells your story?

"Every other founding fathers' story gets told, every other founding father gets to grow old."

"And when you're gone, who remembers your name? Who keeps your flame?Who tells your story?"

Who tells your story? Who tells your story?

Eliza!

"I put myself back in the narrative. I stop wasting time on tears, I live another 50 years; It's not enough. I interview every soldier who fought by your side."

"She tells our story!"

"I try to make sense of your thousands of pages of writings, you  really do write like you're running out of time! I rely on Angelica. While she's alive, we tell your story. She is buried in Trinity Church near you, when I needed her most, she was right on time! And I'm still not through, I ask myself, what would you do if you had more time? The Lord, in his kindness, he gives me what you always wanted, he gives me more time!

I raise funds in D.C. for the Washington Monument."

"She tells my story!"

"I speak out against slavery! You could have done so much more if you only had time. And when my time is up, have I done enough? Will they tell your story? Oh, can I show you what I'm proudest of?"

The orphanage!

"I established the first private orphanage in New York City..."

The orphanage!

"I help to raise hundreds of children, I get to see them growing up!"

The orphanage!

"In their eyes I see you, Alexander, I see you every time! And when my time is up, have I done enough? Will they tell your story? Oh, I can't wait to see you again... It's only a matter of time."

Will they tell your story?

Time...

Who lives, who dies, who tells your story?

Time...

Will they tell your story?

Time...

Who lives, who dies, who tells your story?

***

And as the final words of the second act faded away, barely a second passed before the entire audience burst into cheers. Countless had tears falling down their cheeks and multiple were hugging their friends and family.

Meanwhile, the actors up on the stage stood in a straight line, hands interconnected, illustrating their connection as a large family. Each and every one bowed deeply, to the exuberance of those watching.

Nobody cheered as loudly as Ahsoka and Anakin.

After one person stood up, the rest quickly followed, forming a standing ovation.

It was safe to say, their day had gone amazing.

***

A/N: Omg that was probably one of my favourite chapters of all time. I'm not sure how well I executed it though. It was supposed to be like a real show in New York, yk? Lmk how I did in the comments (be honest pls!)? Also, I'm so sorry for posting this late! Anyways, I was gonna finish writing yesterday night but it was like 12:05 am and I fell asleep.

- Jazzy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

338K 9.4K 200
COVER BY THE LOVELIEST OF HUMAN BEINGS @emmycristina_ I've felt very inspired since finishing the Clone Wars to write some oneshots/what ifs about...
51.5K 1.6K 31
"Your Padawan was weak, like you. So I killed her," said the Togruta, circling Anakin's interrogation chair. Anakin finally looked at her in disbelie...
61.2K 2.3K 51
With no allegiance to the Jedi or the Republic, Ahsoka Tano is learning how to live on her own. She has to start from the bottom and work up, but she...
423K 8.1K 111
You are Obi-Wan Kenobi's padawan during the middle of the clone wars. After a battle that almost costs you your life, everything changes. Gender neut...