The Enemy Lives Next Door (bx...

By Zunaid_Lawrence

Dale Brooks is a charming guy with great humor and awful communication skills. He has a crush on a boy, but h... More

Instroduction
One
Three
four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven

Two

8K 268 139
By Zunaid_Lawrence

0 2.

•••

I woke up with Adam consuming most part of my brain.

So it was safe to say that today was going to turn out to be good. If a picture could say a thousand words, I was pretty sure the one with Adam in it, had about every dirty term in the dictionary.

And if I wasn't drooling over the fact that he had those shorts on again. I suddenly felt the need to steal the picture from the trophy cabinet.

My eyes were just like a camera lens, zooming into not-so appropriate places. I probably looked like an idiot standing in front of the trophy cabinet, eye-sexing Adam.

How could he look so handsome, and innocent at the same time? Sue me for being in love.

"You seriously need to stop doing that," a familiar voice suddenly said behind me. I turned around to look at my best friend.

She had her hand on her hip, and she was scowling at me while snapping her fingers in front of my face. I blinked, not very happy she interrupted my sex dream. I was getting to the good part.

Skeptically looking at the beauty of a blonde haired girl, I said, "need I remind you that Adam saved me from the clutches of evil and he carried me in those strong, muscular arms of his to the nurse. What am I doing wrong anyway? It's not a crime you know."

Lilly grabbed me by the elbow, dragging me away from the trophy cabinet. I looked back at the picture as it faded away in the distance.

"Get yourself together. This is our senior year!" Lilly scolded me, trying to act serious. She knows how I felt about Adam. "Forget about boys. We need to focus on our inner beauty and how the universe connects with us."

I gasped melodramatically, holding my hand over my chest. "How dare you speak about Adam like that! You have no idea how much he means to me. He's an angel sent from hevean. This is my territory so you gotta deal with it."

Lilly rolled her eyes at me, but I was sure I saw the smile she was trying to hide. "Let's not do this today, okay? Maybe the universe is telling you be more content with yourself. Maybe you need to try those Zen Buddhism technique."

"Please don't start with me with the universe this early in the morning," I told her honestly as we started walking toward my locker. "Everyone and everything can suck it. Literally. Also, I need caffeine."

She laughed, holding her hand in front of her mouth as her body shook with laughter. Placing a hand on my shoulder, she said, "you're very optimistic this morning. Besides, it's not the end of the world."

I didn't say anything for the rest of the way. Maybe I didn't want to admit that she was right. Or maybe I was really insecure about talking to Adam, and asking him out.

We reached my locker I started fumbling with it, trying to snap it open. It wouldn't budge. Things were so irritable when I didn't have caffeine in my system. Where was Maya with the caffeine when I needed it the most?

"You know," Lilly said gleefully as she leaned against the locker next to mine. I hummed indicating that I was listening when I was really trying to open this stupid locker. "I applied for summer school for fashion and I have an interview next week! I'm so excited!"

As soon as our third musketeer, Maya, arrived my locker decided to open. It's like her presence was known. Weird, right?

Maya had those icy blue eyes that I wanted to carve out with a machete, and replace them with my own so I could match Adam's eyes. Her charcoal dark hair stopping right beneath her shoulders, and beautiful light brown skin completed the look.

Needless to say, Maya Baker was a absolute stunner.

Maya grinned widely, holding my cup of coffee in her hands. She handed it to me and I happily accepted it. She then proceeded to engulf both Lilly and I into a soul-crushing hug. I yelped from the sudden contact because as far as I knew, I wasn't a hugger.

Unless I was doing the hugging with Adam.

"Sorry for the late arrival," she announced, beaming and gleaming. When her eyes landed on me, she grimaced. "Oh my God, Dale. Your nose is purple. When did that happen?"

I inhaled sharply, trying not to think of yesterday. "Liam happened. I'm trying not to think about it too much because if I do, someone might end up dead."

She nodded her head, but I could see she wanted to say something more. Maya waved her hand to dismiss it. "As I was saying, sorry for my late arrival, I got busy in the bathroom because you know, certain man don't entertain very well."

Lilly giggled while I gagged dramatically, feeling the breakfast stir inside my stomach. She was way too blunt. "Too early for me to throw—"

She glared at me while I took a sip from my cup. "We agreed that you'll only drink twice a week, not everyday."

I rolled my eyes. "I need this. This is my therapy, okay? This is God's gift to me. Lilly had four milkshakes last week!"

The blonde haired smacked me on the arm. "That was supposed to be a secret!"

Holding my hand against my mouth, I innocently looked at her, "oops."

Maya opened her mouth to say something, but she closed it. Her eyes were focused behind me and I had to snap my finger in front of her face to get her attention, but her eyes were still strained behind me.

"Hi there, neighbor," a deep male voice said — a very familiar one at that.

I sighed loudly and looked up at the ceiling, muttering to whomever was listening to my silent prayers. That's what my life basically consisted of — sighing and Satan that didn't want to leave me alone.

Running my hands overthinking face, I locked gazes with a pair of umber eyes that I wanted to be no part of, and to his right was his best friend, Gale, who happens to be my brother unfortunately. "What do you want? This is basically stalking now. I can file a case against you, and a restraining order."

Liam was grinning widely obviously showing off his infuriating dimples, knowing perfectly well it was his asset. "When I see someone I know, I always greet them especially if I live next door to them. Not all of us are the same."

As if. Maya was swooning over Satan that I called the devil and I wondered if Maya would still swoon if she saw his true personality — she would run the opposite direction.

I scoffed as I folded my arms across my chest, "please get lost. We don't want or need you here. We're better off with God."

Liam still had his grin across his lips, his eyes beaming with mischief. He lightly tapped my nose and I swatted it away. "Aren't you looking cute today. You took one for the team."

Gale snickered next to him. I glared at both of them. "You're a disturbance to our aura. But I'm pretty sure you're little brain can't process that."

Liam ignored my sarcastic, logic and legitimate comments as usual. Much to my surprise, his eyes traveled to Lilly. "I like that top you're wearing. It really makes you look sexy — on a scale of one-to-ten — definitely a sixty nine."

Gale hollered and they high fived each other like the immature boys they were. I could feel my blood rushing through my veins. I was so ready to lunch forward, and bang his head against the locker.

"Thank you Liam," she smiled genuinely, oblivious to his negative energy that radiated from his mind. Impervious to his bothered presence, she glanced down at her grey crop top. "I saw it at this old fashion shop and I added this strap to add more style."

He was mind-controlling her, I was certain of this. Liam was capable of doing anything.

"Wow," he said, eating her up with his eyes. I was not happy about this. "You have a good eye for fashion I can tell you that much."

My brain was trying to connect the dots. What was he trying to achieve talking to my friends? He wasn't going to get far enough to pursue his rituals. Not when I was around.

"Listen here you dipshit," I said, glaring between him and my idiotic brother, "can you get lost and tag along with your brainless friends you call jocks?"

Liam's grin faltered and I knew I hit a spot. He was looking at me so intently, I thought he might do something. But his grin was back in a split second. He looked at Lilly. "You should call me sometime—"

"Okay," I snapped, slamming my locker shut, silencing him once and for all. If no one was going to stop this anti-angel from digging his claws into places it didn't belong, then I will. "Let's not do this again, like ever because we're going to get punished for associating ourselves with you. Whatever this was, it's not happening again."

I grabbed both of my friends by their wrists, and dragged them away from the clutches of evil before he turned them into one of his slaves. When the bell rang, it saved me from the protest, and questioning look Maya was directing towards me.

Science period was the absolute best because I got to sit behind Adam. It was fate, alright. Staring seemed to be my favorite thing to do because I was basically head-sexing Adam from behind.

It's the way my brain functioned when I was around him.

His blonde hair looked so soft that I wanted to reach out, and run my fingers through it — it made me wonder if our future children would have soft hair too.

Fuck, I was so whipped over this boy.

Having a one-on-one conversation with Adam would be the best thing in the world, but I'd mess up with the first thing that would escape my mouth.

And much to my dismay, he didn't ask me how I was doing. I really wanted him to ask me so I could get a chance to talk to him.

I was so much in thought that I hadn't realized that Mrs. Jones had been asking me something. Averting my gaze from the back of Adam's head, I looked up at the aging woman.

"I'm sorry what?"

Mrs. Jones eyed me from the top of her glasses as she handed me a white sealed envelope. "Could you please go give Mrs. Evan's this? She's our new teacher just down the hallway. You know where that is, right?"

Nodding I said, "uh... yeah sure, I can do that."

Standing up from my seat, envelope in hand, I gave one last look at Adam's head as I started walking toward the door.

Students were snickering behind me and I whipped my body around to see what the commotion was all about.

Even Mrs. Jones was unable to control her laugh. "Dale, I think your sweater is inside-out."

I reached for the back of my neck to, indeed, find my sweater to be the wrong way. I could feel my blood flow right up to my cheeks, instantly heating them up.

"I meant to do that!"

Looking at Adam, he was struggling to control his laughter. Meanwhile, at the back of the class, Liam was practically on the floor dissolving into a fit of laughter.

"His pants is inside-out too!" he exclaimed, making things much worse for me because the students burst into another guffaw of uncontrollable laughter.

Revenge would be so sweet.

I was redder than a tomato.

"Also, I meant to do that!"

•••

A/N:

you're beautiful and that's a fact, so slay.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

834K 37.5K 36
-KIND OF MATURE- "I wouldn't fuck you if you paid me." Well, at least my question is answered. He can get more punchable. We glare at each other, I...
110K 4.3K 27
I'm Finn Vasco but that's not quite important right now. I'm a pretty sarcastic guy if I'm gonna be honest. I'm closed off and I literally only have...
268K 10.7K 21
°°°°° "I walked over to where Aaron was sitting on the ground, kneeling so that I was face-to-face with him. He was wearing a blank expression on his...
1.1M 48.3K 64
Jamie is happy with life, he has everything under control and every day is the same, just like he wants it. He is a loner by choice, girlfriends and...