Falling Deeply

By autumn_zea

bonus chapters of Kai and Nicolas from 'Falling for him' <3 More

Author's note
f i r s t s l e e p o v e r
l i k i n g h i m
d r u n k
f i r s t d a y
s i c k
j e a l o u s y
l a z y s a t u r d a y
s e v e n m i n u t e s i n h e a v e n
f i g h t
v a l e n t i n e' s d a y
b a d d a y
c a r n i v a l

n e w f r i e n d s

11.4K 524 405
By autumn_zea

This is their first year of middle school. Even before Nicolas knew about his feelings.

"Fucking bitch."

Nicolas turned to stare at the blond boy who had just said the same words he had. The only exception was that the words he said weren't directed at the short girl with the wild curly hair but at Kai. His Kai.

"Did you just call my best friend a bitch??" They both once again said at the same time and then their faces morphed into a deadly glare.

"Who are you?" Nicolas asked him.

"Maybe if you paid attention to the teacher when she seated us together you would know that my name is Arthur, Nicolas." The way Arthur said his name sounded more like he was naming the most disgusting thing to ever walk on earth and Nicolas felt anger rise in him.

"Well, Arthur, I have more important things to pay attention to then your stupid name." Nicolas said, using the same tone the boy had used on him.

"Oh yeah like what?" Arthur asked and on cue they heard soft giggling coming from the other side of the classroom making their head turn.

They were so in sync that their lips turned into a pout at the same time as well. They couldn't help but sulk as they watched their best friend giggle with someone who wasn't them.

Nicolas felt his fist clench as he watched the girl raise her hand and ruffle Kai's hair like he does. And the fact that Kai only grinned at her made his anger multiply ten times more.

It wasn't fair.

When Nicolas and Kai walked in their new school they were both brimming with happiness because they got to be in the same class. But then the idiotic teacher had to be the one to decide the seating arrangements before leaving them to fix a problem on the other side of the school and telling them to get to know each other for the rest of the class.

And of course Nicolas had to be sitting next to an idiot called Arthur while Kai was sitting next to a very pretty girl that was making him smile and fucking giggle.

And she was touching his hair.

"So you're telling me that kid is your best friend?" Arthur asked as he glared at the back of Kai's head.

"Yes and if you insult him one more time I'll punch you." Nicolas said.

"You also insulted mine." Arthur pointed out.

"She's obviously trying to steal Kai." Nicolas grumbled and Arthur turned to glare at him again.

"She doesn't need to steal Kai if she has me! She's not stealing anyone. And Kai's the one who's trying to steal Noelle." Arthur sneered and Nicolas tried to sock him on the face.

"Do you like her or something?" Nicolas taunted and when redness creeped onto Arthur's face he felt a smirk of satisfaction settle on his lips.

"I don't! She's just my best friend." Arthur said.

"And why are you so mad? Do you have a crush on your best friend?" Arthur bit back.

"I do not! He's also just my best friend!" Oblivious thirteen year old Nicolas said and Arthur's eyes widened at the fact that he got so defensive.

He didn't think Nicolas actually had a crush on Kai but with the way he denied it so quickly he started to doubt his desk mate.

"Well-"

Arthur stopped talking when a yelp resonated in the classroom. Nicolas's head snapped up to where it came from because he recognized that voice.

Nicolas immediately stood up and walked to where Kai had fallen on the floor. He could hear the boys who were sitting next to Kai and Noelle laughing loudly and he felt rage consume him.

He knelt down in front of Kai and cupped his face, making him face him and when he saw the tears filling his dark eyes his heart clenched.

"What happened? Are you okay?" Nicolas cooed softly as he brushed away the tears and Kai immediately hugged him tightly, partly for comfort and partly to hide himself from the embarrassment that he just tripped in the middle of the classroom and that people were now laughing at him.

"Why did you trip him, you asshole!" Nicolas turned his head to see the curly haired girl-Noelle, yelling at the boy who was sitting and laughing with his friends.

"It was an accident." The boy grinned.

"I saw you put your feet there when Kai got up! It clearly wasn't an accident." Noelle screamed and the boy chuckled.

"So what? What are you going to do about it?" He mocked and Noelle smirked. "This!"

And then she launched herself on him and started pulling his hair making him scream in pain, silencing the laughter of his friends as they stared with wide eyes.

One of his friends snapped out of it and grabbed Noelle by the shoulder, pulling her off his friend and pushing her, making her back hit the side of a desk and she winced in pain.

"Hey!" Nicolas heard Arthur yell and he closed his eyes in exasperation when he heard a punch being thrown.

Sure enough, when he opened his eyes again, Arthur had punched the boy who pushed Noelle. He groaned as the boy attempted to punch back and now they were fully in the middle of a fist fight. Nicolas unwrapped Kai's arms from around him and picked him up, setting him on his chair.

"Did you get hurt?" He asked him, ignoring the yells and Kai just stared at him with wide eyes as he tried to look behind Nicolas's head to make sure his new friend wasn't getting hurt.

"Kai, did you get hurt?" Nicolas asked again, more firmly this time.

"Just my knees." Kai mumbled and Nicolas clenched his jaw as he turned around to face the fight that was taking place.

He saw some of the students filming it and he tried not to groan in annoyance. God, did he hate people.

He saw the boy who pushed Kai in the first place approach Noelle probably to avenge his hair but before he could do anything to harm the girl Nicolas grabbed her wrist and pushed her behind him and towards where Kai was.

"Don't touch her." Nicolas told him and the guy smirked.

"That's fine. I can just touch you." He said and then he raised his arm in an attempt of a weak punch but Nicolas grabbed it and then he raised his own arm and punched the boy who dared to hurt his best friend and sent him flying to the ground.

He felt another one of the boys behind him and he turned to face him and his eyes widened just a bit at the fact that the boy was holding his book over his head probably to slam Nicolas's head with it but Nicolas raised his arm, taking the hit on it instead.

He tried not to flinch at the hard impact and instead ripped the book from the boy's hand and threw it on the ground. He pushed the boy away from him, making him stumble over his own chair and falling down on his ass.

Nicolas turned to look at Arthur who was wrestling on the ground with the boy who had pushed Noelle and he felt happy to see that the boy looked to be much more bloody than Arthur did.

Just as he was about to interfere a loud screech filled the classroom and he looked up to see the teacher walking in. She dropped her folder on the ground and yelled as loudly as she could.

"ENOUGH."

-

"What happened??" Kai asked as they walked out of the principal's office and Nicolas gave him a reassuring smile.

"They just called our parents and gave us detention for two weeks." Nicolas told him and Kai stared at him like he was crazy.

"Just??" He said.

"Relax if we explain the situation to our parents nothing is going to happen and we can survive detention for two weeks." Arthur said as he held an ice pack to his bruised cheek.

Kai sighed as he shook his head at them. He was glad he wasn't in trouble for this but he knew Nicolas was never going to let them punish him for something he didn't even do.

When the teacher came back and screamed the fight finally stopped and then she sent them all into the principal's office. But as soon as they entered Nicolas explained the whole thing and insisted that no punishment be given to Kai.

At first the principal was unsure but then Nicolas told him to ask all the other students as they clearly saw that Kai didn't engage in any fight and finally the principal agreed to let Kai go.

The rest of the meeting was basically Nicolas exposing everyone, including himself because he figured the least he could do is be honest and hope the consequences be less worse for them.

It worked because the boys had to have a meeting with the parents and the principle and they had detention for a whole month.

"Let's just go to our next class." Kai said and Noelle nodded as she walked ahead with Kai and Arthur strayed back with Nicolas.

"I heard that you protected Noelle from the douche." Arthur said.

"Kai seemed to like her and I wasn't just protecting her. I would have punched the asshole either way for tripping Kai." Nicolas said.

"I guess you aren't so bad Nicolas." Arthur grinned and then he raised his fist for a fist bump. "Friends?"

"Friends." Nicolas managed to give back a smile as he raised his fist and collided it with Arthur's.

Hello!

Thoughts?

Pls theyre so funny. Starting a full on fist fight on the first day of school 😭

Also I'm sorry for the wait!!

-till next time

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

324 31 26
Kai and Delta were partners for a history project. Delta fell for Kai almost instantly. He was determined to befriend this socially inept boy. Maybe...
1M 46.9K 66
This story is complete ✅ Casey is a nerd, but the charming, cute type. He evades college parties like the plague. Who knew he would accidentally jump...
3.4M 147K 38
"What's wrong?" He asked softly, grabbing Kai's arm and preventing him from running away again. "N-nothing." Kai whispered looking down at his shoes...
35.8K 1K 12
Classic closeted gay best friends get together love story Mattia don't read this