๐๐‹๐€๐˜๐ˆ๐๐† ๐–๐ˆ๐“๐‡ ๐…๐ˆ๏ฟฝ...

By MSESPRONGSLETTE

โœฆ ๐๐‹๐€๐˜๐ˆ๐๐† ๐–๐ˆ๐“๐‡ ๐…๐ˆ๐‘๐„ ๏ธฑโ ๐–ถ๐–ค'๐–ฑ๐–ค ๐–ฏ๐–ซ๐– ๐–ธ๐–จ๐–ญ๐–ฆ ๐–  ๐–ง๐–จ๐–ฆ๐–ง๐–ซ๐–ธ ๐–ฃ๐– ๐–ญ๐–ฆ๐–ค๐–ฑ๐–ฎ๐–ด๐–ฒ ๐–ฆ๐– ๐–ฌ๐–ค ๐–ง... More

๐๐‹๐€๐˜๐ˆ๐๐† ๐–๐ˆ๐“๐‡ ๐…๐ˆ๐‘๐„
โ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌ ๐€๐‚๐“ ๐ˆ
๐๐‘๐Ž๐‹๐Ž๐†๐”๐„
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฎ. ๐—Œ๐—๐—‹๐–บ๐—‡๐—€๐–พ๐—‹, ๐–ฝ๐–บ๐—‡๐—€๐–พ๐—‹
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฏ. ๐—‹๐–พ๐—‰๐–พ๐–บ๐—๐–พ๐–ฝ ๐—†๐—‚๐—Œ๐—‚๐—‡๐—๐–พ๐—‹๐—‰๐—‹๐–พ๐—๐–บ๐—๐—‚๐—ˆ๐—‡๐—Œ
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฐ. ๐–ฟ๐—‹๐—ˆ๐—† ๐—๐–พ๐—‹

๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿญ. ๐–ฟ๐–บ๐—‚๐—‡๐— ๐—Œ๐—†๐—‚๐—…๐–พ

1.5K 75 7
By MSESPRONGSLETTE

𝗈𝗈𝗈. 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗢𝗡𝗘 !
FAINT SMILE

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

just... martinus.

╵ ╷ ︱ ───── ❰ ✦ ❱ ───── ︱ ╷ ╵

THE TRAIN STOPPED AT THE PITCH DARKNESS OF HOGSMEADE STATION. He leaned forward, raindrops immediately pattered on Martinus' nose as he looks up. The dark, clouded sky kept on giving them unfortunately strong raindrops as the dark-brunette went back in.

He looks behind him. To the blonde that smiled, and the ginger who narrows her eyes at the outside as if it was a disease waiting to infect her. Ginny's arms were wrapped around herself, looking like she was comforting — or reassuring — herself.

Mittens propped her head out of Martinus' shirt, meowing and hissing at the sight of the strong rain outside.

Everyone starts clearing out, whilst Martinus lightly scratched his nose. His brows raised slightly, moving to remove his robes.

He went closer to Luna, wrapping his robes around her as she gave him a closed-eye smile, not minding the closeness one bit. She knows that Martinus is rather dense when it comes to things like this — and didn't mind since his intentions were good. Never had she felt that he was doing anything bad of a sort.

"Oh, thank you so much, Monty." Luna thanked the boy in her dreamy tone, and he hummed, nodding. He turns to the redhead, removing his scarf — a dark cyan color — as he handed it to Ginny. She merely peered up at him in silent question, earning a soft sigh as he placed it over her petite figure — finally realizing what Martinus was trying to do, she yells. Eyes moved to the duo as Luna's soft laughter fell from her lips at her best friends.

"No no no — " Ginny began protesting, making feeble attempts in stopping him. But it was futile since he was bigger and stronger than she was. While Ginny struggled, Martinus looked as if he wasn't even having a hard time. His face was blank — some concern seeping through his neutral expression. "you don't have anything to cover yourself with!" She tries to reason. Martinus' expression didn't falter one bit. "It's raining cats and dogs out there!"

"I have a cloak." said Martinus, shrugging. She says it as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. He can go back to the compartment and grab his cloak. "Use this."

After a little bickering, Ginny sighs and snatched Martinus' scarf with a small blush, mainly because of embarrassment. The boy simply had a victorious smirk, making the redhead playfully snap at him as she grabbed Luna's hand and led her to one of the carriages. Martinus can faintly hear Luna saying for him to 'hurry up' and he did.

He swiftly dodged and weaved through the groups that cleared out the train. Walking to the compartment, he grabbed his cloak and went out the train. The rain only got heavier, making him feel as if he was being poured by buckets and buckets worth of cold ice. And by the time he got to the carriages Luna, Ginny, and Astoria, were at — he was soaked head to toe. The door shuts behind him with a loud 'snap!'.

"I told you to use it!" yelled Ginny as she fussed over Martinus like her mother does with her and her brothers. Martinus just lets her be since if he protests, he'll be getting a glare in return. "Now you're all —  drenched!" She groans, asking Luna if she had a towel with her.

The ride to Hogwarts Castle was the only peaceful thing that happened today — after getting drenched and scolded by Ginny. He somewhat introduced Astoria — a Greengrass — to both Luna and Ginny.

Whilst the blonde Ravenclaw smiled and greets happily at the other Slytherin, Ginny was hesitant. But she still greeted Astoria who nods and talked about the unfortunate weather tonight.

Martinus focuses on Mittens the whole ride — talking whenever he's mentioned. The only person he was ever close with on a personal level was Luna — and he was reluctant on time with engaging in a conversation with Ginny and Astoria — even if the other brunette was his own housemate.

The carriage finally came to an abrupt halt before the great oak front doors. Martinus looks outside before ushering the kitten to hide in his shirt again. Mitten complied, in a grumpy manner.

Ginny opened up her mouth to say something, but only let a groan escape when Martinus already rushed up to the tope of stone steps. "That boy is so — so — !"

"Helpful!" Luna chimed in happily. Astoria chuckles as Ginny turned to her longtime friend with a deadpan.

"Luna, no — "

Martinus lets out a sigh and looks up when he was finally safe inside the cavernous, torch-lit entrance hall. He softly shakes his head at the warmth, sending water everywhere as he stopped himself. Martinus forgot that he was drenched from the rain and watched the water drip down the marble floor. Raising his hand, he runs his hair back and away from his face, failing to let any of it drip down his face.

"Monty!" A distant call made the boy look behind him, hands on his hips. It was Luna — but he already knows. The blonde Ravenclaw was the only one that calls him that.

"Martinus you bloody son of a — " Martinus looks back and forth from the marble floor and back at Ginny — who yells it out.

"What did I do?"

Martinus regrets ever asking that as he got an earful up to the Great Hall about him leaving the three of them, giving her his robe, and letting himself — and Mittens — get drenched in the pouring rain.

"... I was... um — trying to help?" Martinus asked, not knowing what to say. Didn't Luna mention something to him before, about him helping others? He wasn't sure, mind boggled and attention on Ginny. Luna and Astoria giggled as they watched them, earning soft grumbles from the boy. He supposed that if this was the way Luna and Astoria would — er — get along, then so be it. But this was such an unfortunate situation for him.

"I have my own robes to cover myself with — you," She jabbed a finger on his chest, Martinus looking at her and at the finger on his chest in a comical way. "on the other have — don't even have — er, actually you have your cloak — but still — !"

"Oh look! We're here!" Luna chimed in at the perfect time as the four of them perked up. Martinus mentally thanked the blonde before calling Astoria who followed a fellow brunette to their house table.

"Do not think you're off the hook, Gaunt!" Ginny yelled out loud and heads turned their way as Martinus twists around, walking backwards with Astoria still by his side.

The boy gives them a look, silently telling them that he knows. He raises his hand as he waved at Luna and Ginny. "Right..." With that, he pursued his lips together again, turning around as he sat near the front. And for some reason, Astoria sat beside him as well. The important thing today is he sat next to someone he somewhat knows, at least.

And not next to a girl who he isn't sure if she's joking with him or serious about the robes situation.

• • •

The sorting has been commenced and so far, there were four new additions to the Slytherin House. One was in near tears, two were proud, and one was curious. The new additions sat near Martinus, the only thing that the quartet had in common is that they had glares burning the back of their heads. As always, it was from Gryffindor.

The one near in tears did her best to ignore the judgemental and loathing stares directed to her and the others. She clutched her spoon tightly, lips forcefully pursuing together. Martinus stared at her, eyes unblinking as he was tempted to look behind him.

He felt it too — some burning stares, ready to rip and burn him piece by piece, so to him, it wasn't unusual. But he understands the feeling of being uncomfortable with it, very much. He understands why the young first year is feeling that way, and his plate clanged as he placed down his spoon.

The tearful first year looks up, one of the people that heard it as she sniffles, connecting eyes with Martinus' own. He pursed his own lips, biting his tongue momentarily and breaks eye contact with the first year as he looks behind him. His blank eyes spotted the twin redheads as they did their best to hold back their sneers and glares towards Martinus

They weren't friends — not even acquaintances like the redheads' sister is with Martinus. but they held no grudge. Hopefully — none against the boy, since he didn't really do anything to them. Nothing — unlike the boy's housemates that did a plethora of unfathomable things to the Gryffindors.

Martinus subtly gestures to the four first years, eyes hardening in the process. He didn't know if they got the hint — didn't care, he blocked the girl — and the boy beside her — from their view before playing with the chicken on his plate.

"You haven't eaten... Gaunt —"

"It's — just..." Martinus interjects out of habit, not liking his last name one bit. It's gotten him in loads of problems in his time in Hogwarts. He softly sighed, looking down before back up at Astoria who waited his response.

He exhaled through his nose, lips in a thin line before waving his spoon. He waves it like he would with his arms, he was just lazy. "Just...  Martinus." said Martinus in a more pleading tone. He really didn't like it.

Fortunately for him, Astoria nods in understanding. "Of course." But she still waited for him to say anything about eating, and he eventually did. Martinus felt like she wouldn't stop anyway.

"I don't like it." He starts. "It's — um, made by elves." With those short words, he fell silent. That was what Astoria didn't understand, but she still nods before resuming back to her own meal.

She's noticed before, how he didn't eat much — or at all. Her curiosity didn't help her this time and had to ask him. His answer didn't fully satisfy her nor did she understand why he didn't like the elves' cooking.

Martinus expected it. Astoria was probably raised with elves doing everything for her. He can't really force her to understand him. The least she could do was leave him be.

Unaware that someone had the same feelings as him, the girl stared at her platter with horror etched on his face. Her eyes widen with shock and disbelief, slowly comprehending the life-changing words of a ghost of their house. "There are house elves here?" Hermione asked as steadily as possible, staring at Nearly Headless Nick, horror-struck. "Here at Hogwarts?"

"Certainly." said Nearly Headless Nick, somewhat surprised with her reaction to it. "The largest number in any dwelling in Britain, I believe. Over a hundred."

"I've never seen one!" Hermione claims, aghast.

"Well, they hardly ever leave the kitchen by day, do they?" asked Nearly Headless Nick. "They come out at night to do a bit of cleaning... see to the fires and so on... I mean, you're not supposed to see them, are you? That's the mark of a good house-elf, isn't it, that you don't know it's there?" After his little explanation, Hermione's aghast expression didn't falter one bit as she stares at him.

"But they get paid?" Hermione asked. "They get holidays, don't they? And — and sick leave, and pensions, and everything?" In a fast pace manner she threw all these questions at Nearly Headless Nick as he chortled much more than he could ever thought His ruff slipped and his head flopped off, dangling on the inch or so of ghostly skin and muscles that still attached it to his neck.

"Sick leave and pensions?" He asked with an amused grin. "He pushed his head back onto his shoulders, securing it with his ruff. "House-elves don't want sick leave and pensions!" hollered Nearly Headless Nick as he floated farther.

The bushy-brunette looks down at her hardly touched plate with a glare, putting her knife and fork down upon it and pushed it away from her. She couldn't believe it! No sick leave — and no pensions?! They're treating the house-elves like slaves!

Hermione's mind drifted towards Winky, an ache in her chest coming again. The poor elf she met at the World Cup. Were they treating the elves like that here in Hogwarts too?

With that thought, she felt her heart drop.

"Oh c'mon 'Er-my-knee," Ron calls out, bits of Yorkshire pudding spraying at Harry. The bespectacled boy scrunches up hid nose at Ron who apologized for it, swallowing. "You won't get them sick leave by starving yourself!"

"Slave labor," said Hermione, breathing hard through her nose. "That's what made this dinner. Slave labor." After that, she refuses to eat another bite. Her lips were sealed shut, brows furrowed together and eyes narrowing. Nearly Headless Nick looks at the brunette for one measly second before sighing, an amused smirk on his face. The look and how Hermione acted as of now reminded him of someone.

"You know," started Nearly Headless Nick as Hermione reluctantly glances his way. Harry and Ron did the same. "you remind me of someone. He reacted the way you did when he found out about Hogwarts' house-elves." Nearly Headless Nick sighs, reminiscing a certain boy with the same brown hair. "Refuses to eat anything at all. If it weren't for that Ravenclaw girl, he would've starved to death — see!" The ghost pointed towards a Slytherin boy with Bloody Barron glaring at him for pointing at a boy from his house. "Barely even touching his food."

Hermione follows to where Nearly Headless Nick pointed at and her eyes landed on — "Martinus Gaunt?" she asks, unsure and surprised, to say the least.

"Ah, yes. Martinus — that boy." he sighs with a grin. "Ever since he found out — and he was a second year, mind you. Ever since he found out about it, he hasn't been eating too much. I catch The Bloody Barron telling him to ignore the house-elves' wellbeing and the things you said — but it cracked me up when Martinus had ignored him instead!" The other ghosts that managed to hear Nearly Headless Nick's words started mocking Bloody Barron who grits his teeth, seething in his spot.

"Do not make me come over there, Nearly Headless Nick!" He yells angrily, eyes darkening.

Hermione heard the ghost's words but still looks at the Slytherin boy. He was right — what Nearly Headless Nick pointed oug. Martinus barely touched the food on his plate. Hermione watches him drink a goblet full of water instead, pushing the plate away.

Martinus glances up. He managed to hear Bloody Barron's warning and looks back, seeing the other ghosts smirking at Bloody Barron. He also felt eyes on him earlier — this time, different. And he manages to spot it — or who, was staring at him.

It was the girl he met at the train earlier. The one who took care of Mittens. Hermione Granger, and she had a thoughtful glint in her eyes at the moment. Martinus didn't know what she wanted, and only tore his gaze away from her and to Bloody Barron who called out to him. Bloody Barron's transparent figure loomed over him, making Martinus raise a brow in silent question.

"Martinus has been listening to me, Nearly Headless Nick. Weren't you, Martinus?"

"... um... with what?" Martinus can hear loud laughter behind him yet he chose to look at Bloody Barron instead.

"With the house-elves of Hogwar — " More laughter can be heard from the Gryffindor table when Martinus looks down. He didn't want to hear anything about the house-elves. He's had enough of it in his third year. Bloody Barron's been tearing his ear with these words about the creatures that he quite plainly ignored the ghost.

Nearly Headless Nick was right, Martinus ignored Bloody Barron.

"What's that now, Bloody Barron?" Peeves joined in on the teasing whereas the said ghost floated towards the other cackling ghosts at the Gryffindor table. With all the chaos happening, Hermione was still looking at Martinus who watched he events from the corner of his eye.

Hermione turns around, and decides to have a talk with her two best friends. But she still managed to catch the faint smile on Martinus' lips as he brought the goblet up as a way to hide it.

╵ ╷ ︱ ───── ❰ ✦ ❱ ───── ︱ ╷ ╵

❛ 𝙏𝙃𝘼𝙉𝙆𝙎 𝙁𝙊𝙍 𝙍𝙀𝘼𝘿𝙄𝙉𝙂 !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

the four first years will be
introduced in the upcoming chapters.
and this was meant to be updated
yesterday but the power went out.

08-19-21
@MSESPRONGSLETTE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 190 17
"๐Œ-๐€-๐Œ-๐€-๐-๐Ž-๐˜, ๐Œ๐€๐Œ๐€'๐’ ๐๐Ž๐˜, ๐Œ๐€๐Œ๐€'๐’ ๐๐Ž๐˜" โ”โ”โ”โ” โ”โ”โ”โ” "have i ever told you that you were beautiful?" "a million times, leo." ๐’‰๐’†...
57.6K 1.9K 22
โ€ขWhen the CHOSEN ONE chose youโ€ข "Tristan's eyes flicked down to Harry's lips. He wanted to lean in and kiss him. He moved his hand over the railing t...
130K 3.8K 80
โi'll show you every version of yourself tonight. โž in which a studious Slytherin finds herself slowly falling for the Chosen One. harry potter x fem...