The Demon Phoenix, Demon Slay...

By IvanDPhantom

What if Tanjiro knew breath of the sun, and what if Nezuko could control herself more? And what if she also k... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2: Mount Sagiri
Chapter 4: Sabito and Makomo
Chapter 5: Nezuko's Test
Chapter 6: Final Selection
Chapter 7: Tsuyuri Kanao
Chapter 8: My Nichirin Sword
Chapter 9: A Swordsman and a Demon
Chapter 10: Overseer, Kazami Ozaki, A mysterious town.
Chapter 11: Self Reflection

Chapter 3: Training

1.9K 40 4
By IvanDPhantom

The night they were about to fall asleep Nezuko was acting weird as they were eating Dinner she stood aside as she couldn't eat human food but she kept staring at Tanjiro, "Maybe she's just worried?, Hey Nezuko listen I'll be alright, I'll train everyday after this." Tanjiro said to his siter, Nezuko smiled under her bamboo and as they went to bed Nezuko hugged her brother one last time in a long time. "Good Night Nezuko" were the last words she heard before falling asleep.

=======================================================

Tanjiro decided to write a journal everyday and she told her sister he would do his best while worried he needed to go train

Day 1

Starting today I'm keeping a Journal for you Nezuko.

Before we started our training, Urokodaki-san told me everything I need to know about the Demons and the Demon Slayer Corps.

The Demon Slayer Corps has around several hundred members, It is an organization that's unrecognized by the government, Yet it existed since ancient times and we continue to fight Demons to this day. But as for whoever is leading this corps, well that's a mystery to this day.

Demons

Staple food: humans

Desc: They kill humans and feed on them, no one knows when and where it started, Their physical prowess is remarkable as they can Heal in a blink of an eye, Flesh is restored after being hacked off and limbs can regenerate, some Demons can shape shift and some have other worldly powers, they can only be killed with sunlight or decapitation with a sword.

Demon Slayers battle these demons with their own mortal bodies.... Since they are humans, Their wounds heal slow and limbs will not regenerate, and despite all this we continue to fight to this day, to protect other Humans.

"I am a trainer, My Job is to train swordsman, There are many other trainers out there and each of them trains their pupils in other regimen in their location. To become a Demon Slayer and join the corps you must survive the Final Selection process held at Mount Fujikasane, and whether you are ready for it is up to me" That's what Urokodaki-san and with that I began my training

I began to descend the mountain again, I shall try my best so I don't die during Final selection. I will do it for you Nezuko.

Day 7

After descending the mountain again and again I'm starting to learn to avoid most of the traps, it's because I'm much more stronger now and I'm even more adept to detecting the scent of traps than before, but the traps are getting more and more difficult each day.

Day 19

I descend the mountain again, I can smell the traps more accurately now, but I think Urokodaki-san may want to kill me to be honest, The rocks that were thrown to my face were now knives and the pitfall has spikes in them now, I may actually die before I go to Final selection....

Day 21

Today Urokodaki told me how to defeat a demon when my time comes. Its weak spot is the neck but I won't be able to kill it with a normal weapon, The corps were able to kill Demons using a sword made by a special kind of steel that absorbs sunlight, these swords are called Nichirin Swords. He also told me that after Final Selection I will get my own sword but for now I'm using the on the gave me.

=================================================

Tanjiro looks at Nezuko sleeping and he was worried she won't wake up again. It honestly is terrifying since she's the last family he has

=================================================

Day 105

I made my descend this time with a sword in hand, but the sword really hampered my movements, I keep getting ensnared in the traps, thankfully Urokodaki-san made it less dangerous for now.... Speaking of the sword every evening I've been swinging the sword to get used to it, I swing it until my arms nearly fall off. And when I did 1000 swings Urokodaki-san asked for 500 more..

Urokodaki-san told me beforehand that Katana Swords break easily, though it's strong vertically it's weak horizontally, so you need to apply the force straight along the blade, The blade's direction and the direction in which I apply the force must be the exact same and he added "If you ever damage the blade, in other words break it, I'll snap your bones as well. "He said that in a threatening voice and I was kinda scared at first..... But I'll work harder!

Day 163

Today, I did nothing but fall, The point of this training is so that I can break my fall and get back up from any position I'm in. I wield my sword and I charge Urokodaki-san with some intent to kill, in contrast Urokodaki-san was bare-handed and unarmed, but despite that he's ridiculously powerful!, He flings me away and rolls me to the ground

Day 185

Today I learned breathing techniques and water forms

=============================================

Tanjiro: Total Concentration Breathing?

Urokodaki: That's right, now that we've gotten this far I would like to ask, how did you use that breathing technique? It is something I've never even heard of..

Tanjiro: It was told to me by my dad, he said to only use it if my family was in danger or if my life was, are you going to teach me that technique?

Urokodaki: I remember you calling it Breath Of The Sun, I apologize as I don't know anything about it, though if you want maybe you can keep practicing what you know?

Tanjiro: No I want to train from you Urokodaki-san, Please teach me all you can!

Urokodaki: Very well I shall teach you all the ten forms of Water Breathing forms.

Urokodaki: Remember to take a long breath so the oxygen flows into every cell in your body. This will Enhance your body's natural healing power, while not as fast as a demon it is still considerably faster than average, it will also stabilize and energize your spirit. Relax your upper body while embracing the lower half, now breathe!

Tanjiro: *breathes*

Urokodaki: WRONG!

==============================================

I didn't learn anything more about our Family's Breath of the Sun but I think with some training from Urokodaki-san I can make get stronger with the Breath of the sun as well as Breath of water, But I get yelled at when I breathe because I didn't embrace my stomach, I got clobbered to a pulp.

Then he told me to be one with water and pushed me into a river from a cliff.

===============================================

Urokodaki: Get in there!

Tanjiro looks down and for some reason thinks he can walk really fast to fly but then falls to the river

Tanjiro: Nezuko!

Then he sat under a waterfall, embracing it!

Tanjiro: NEZUKO! I AM WATER!

==========================================

I went in a waterfall to embrace the water that's falling on me very harshly. As I'm writing this I remembered the Journal I just got it out of the basket which I placed it in there since I couldn't bring it with him during training, right now I'll rest and ask Urokodaki-san about this tomorrow.

Day 200

It's been about six months and you haven't woken up Nezuko, Urokodaki-san summoned a Doctor but he couldn't find anything wrong with you, though I am worried if you sleep for this long, It's not normal for you to sleep this long, I'm scared I'm losing you everyday. Not a day goes by that I don't worry.

I showed Urokodaki-san the Journal and he said he couldn't help me as he didn't know any of the forms, But after everything My dad taught me I think I can learn them. The 12 Forms of Sun Breathing was also told through the Kagura Dance, so I could learn it by myself, and sometimes Urokodaki gave me time to practice these techniques as well so I can use them in battle more effectively.

Day 292

My descents are getting more and more dangerous, the air's even thinner here than it was on my first run, time and time again I think I might die, but the training wasn't for nothing and because of that I managed.

Day 368

"I have nothing more to teach you" A year after I came here, he said that.

================================================================

Urokodaki: The rest is up to you!, whether or not you can improve to the next level or not. Now come with me.

As Tanjiro followed Urokodaki he wondered what he had in mind, they went to the snowy parts of the mountain and when Urokodaki stopped Tanjiro behold what was in front of him was a boulder that was huge, bigger than his own body

Urokodaki: If you can slice this boulder, I will allow you to enter The Final Selection

Tanjiro thought to himself, "Is a boulder really something you can cut with a sword?, I'm not gonna be able to do it, My sword will snap" Then Urokodaki went the other way to his home and left Tanjiro there

Tanjiro: Urokodaki-san!, please wait a minute I... Urokodaki-san!

========================================================

After that Urokodaki-san never taught me anything again. I decided to take my sword out and took a stance, and when I strike the boulder it didn't break and neither did my sword but the feedback affected me a lot, I kept trying that day but Not even a scratch on the boulder was found.

Day 372

After 2 days of failure I decided to learn more about Sun Breathing, Since it was cold I decided to do the Dance of The Fire God with my Sword, since it was New Year's, and Like before I danced from sunset to sunrise and in the morning I went to sleep. I followed the Journal carefully, now that I have no more training about Breath of Water I dedicated myself to learn Breath Of The Sun more.

Day 399

I've been practicing using the Breath of the sun lately, the thing is it's really different yet very similar to the Breath of Water, I am very familiar with the forms but every time I use it within the manner of battle, It always exhausts me so much, That was why I only used Waltz, I always learned it during my spare time and thus it became less exhausting for me to use it. But I've made progress, I can do half of the forms in battle with ease, I know I'll master this soon and I know I'll beat that Boulder.

Day 430

Some days have passed, Even with me training with now Both Water and Sun Breath I still couldn't cut the boulder. I've managed to do all 12 forms without exhausting myself but even after all that not a scratch remains on that damn boulder, so with nothing left I began training back to the basics like holding my breath, I also kept descending the mountain. But to be honest, I don't know if I can do this. There is still stuff from the Journal that is said not to be for beginners so I went for the forms first.

Day 454

After all this time the boulder is still not broken, How am I supposed to cut the boulder? That's what I kept saying but I know if I fail then all that training would be for nothing, I also read that there is a supposed 13th form of the Sun Breath but it doesn't specify what it is, The only clue I found is the words," Become the Sun God", At first I thought it was doing all the moves in an order like a dance but it wasn't it, whatever the 13th form is I'll find out and use it. I won't give up.

Day 572

Six Months had passed and I still hadn't cut the boulder, nor did I find the 13th form of the Sun Breath, Even with the knowledge of everything I've learnt I still couldn't cut the boulder, I was frustrated, I wasn't training hard enough, my hands were scarred and bruised but I have to do more! And today I was at the verge of giving up that is until..

It was sunset and Tanjiro keeps striking the Boulder with his sword, he was tired on both the physical and mental side "Am I............ hopeless?, Is Nezuko going to die without ever waking up?" he tells himself this as he was breaking down inside, all that training, was it for nothing?

"HAAAAAAAAGH!, I'M GIVING IN!, I'M BREAKING DOWN!! Tanjiro screamed this and then headbutts the boulder of course it didn't break but what was more amazing his skill didn't even have a crack not even a dent, "KEEP WORKING!, KEEP WORKING!"

"Shut Up!"

Tanjiro heard a voice from behind and turned around to see a tall man in a mask that had a scar on his right cheek, he had peach hair, a white haori, a brown uniform buttoned up, and a wooden sword? "A fox mask? This scent, It's familiar! " Tanjiro thought as that was the first thing he saw from the man.

"No matter how much you suffer bear it in silence, if you're a swordsman, If you call yourself a swordsman." As the man said this he jumped and leaped toward Tanjiro with his wooden sword, Tanjiro blocked it with his hilt but the man was swift and kicked him in the face right after. Tanjiro was pushed aside as the man stood there "Slow......... Weak........ Immature, That's not what you call a Swordsman."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tanjiro: Man The training was hard, I can't believe 1 and a half years have passed, Hey Nezuko what do you..

......

Tanjiro: Oh right you're still asleep...... Please wake up Nezuko. Please I'm worried.

Tanjiro: Well time for a Taisho secret: Nezuko's hair has an orange tip because she transformed to a demon, but why does she have this I wonder? Nezuko...oh, *crying* NEZUKO PLEASE WAKE UP! You've been asleep for a year and a half please.

Sabito: *kicks Tanjiro's face* Whine in your own head you weakling. Slow, Weak, Immature. You are not worthy to be called A swordsman

Tanjiro: YES! I'll do my best! Whoever you are.

Sabito: alright next chapter: Sabito and Makomo

Tanjiro: Eh is one of those your name? Which one is it?

Sabito: Shut up. *Slaps Tanjiro's face* 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190K 5.9K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...
893K 41.3K 175
𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
2.1M 112K 63
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
910K 34.8K 83
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...