~More music than normal~

By Kennelkenn

Everything was going wonderful for Sapnap and Karl, when the age of sixteen came, they could start hearing th... More

Starting authors note
1/ The new music
2/Library lunch
3/ Minecraft
4/ They meet
5/ News
6/ New kid
7/ School week
8/Sleepover
10/Party
11/Just the beginning
Ending authors note

9/Game time

2.1K 79 175
By Kennelkenn

First, thank you all for the views on this book, it's crazy to think people like my book. But I'll probably go more into that later. Enjoy!

~~~***~~~

Tuesday - October 31 - 2:15 pm

~~~***~~~

Quackity has been acting differently since the sleepover, not a bad different, more like hiding something different. It's not like I'm gonna ask him about it anyway, that's an invasion of privacy. What if he just lost a family member? I don't wanna be a dick and pester him to tell us. So I don't, I just let him know that I'm here for him.

Though that has seemed to be a problem, whenever I smile or give any sort of contact he always looks away, like he doesn't want to see me. Which is confusing but I'll wait. It also only seems to be directed to me and Karl, when he's around other people he's fine, when we're there though he's quiet. Almost like his switch was turned off.

Karl and I have had many conversations about it, though we do think space is the best. We want him to be comfortable with us, not scared. So for the past week, this is what we have been doing, it's been kinda hard but I'll deal with it. Walking through the school halls, I head back to class, eye's focusing on the school's floors. The white tile shows contrast with my black and orange shoes. Converse to be exact, the one Karl got me for my birthday. I smile at the memory.

~~~***~~~

February 27 - Saturday - 12:34 pm - Before Sapnap's birthday

~~~***~~~

Walking through downtown can be quite peaceful, there's the loud noise yes, with the stress-filled people trying to head to their jobs. But sometimes, like today, you can't hear that, you can just hear yourself. Know that might sound weird but hear me out. I can hear around me, but only the things I wanna hear. My skateboards wheels rolling on the cracked cement, The wind in my ears, and songs the birds play through their beaks. I can hear the music playing from inside stores as I pass by and Karls chatting. Oh ya, Karl's here with me.

I look over to the man beside me, his color block hoodie holding his figure. A hand moves up and swipes his hair to the side, showing his gray eyes. Purple helmet placed on his head as we skate our way around the city. Sun shining in the sky I grab my sunglasses from my pocket, placing them over my green eyes, Karl smiles at me, and my heart flutters. We skate faster.

My eyes trail the store's windows before something catches my eyes. I stop my skateboard. Almost falling from the speed of my halt. Karl whips past me, before turning around and coming back to me. Though my eyes are focused on the object in the window. Their shoes, with black tops and orange sides, have checkerboards on the back and little flames on the front. Perfect for my brand. I don't notice Karl looking at me than the shoes. Or him giving me a smile with something other than niceness in it, something like fondness or love.

Out of the corner of my eyes, I watch him grab something out of his pockets and open the door to the store. Curious, I watched him from the store go and ask an employee something. Thinking he saw something he wanted I grab my phone from my pocket, turning it on with my password I head to my and Dream's texts.

Dream the meme

Hey, are you busy?

Sapnap

Ya, I'm out with Karl sorry.

Dream the meme

Oh no don't worry, I just wanted a Minecraft partner.

Karl's more important anyway.

Are you gonna tell him?

Sapnap

Tell him what?

Dream the meme

Your crush?

Sapnap

Soon.

I look up to see Karl in front of me with a box.

"Did you find what you wanted?" I ask him to put my phone back into my pocket.

"There for you." Are the three words that pop out of his mouth, his arms stretching out to give me the box.

"For me?" I ask, opening the box to see the shoes I was looking at inside the window. "Oh no, I can't take this."

"Well too bad they're already paid for," Karl says.

"How much even were these?" I wonder, looking for a tag. I see a sticker on the bottom and my eyes open.

"KARL! These are two-hundred and seventy-four dollars!?" I yell, surprised at him for buying me such expensive things.

"And it was worth every penny, come on let's go." He steps onto his skateboard and starts going.

I smile at his back, wondering why he would buy something so expensive. Then start skating to catch up with him.

~~~***~~~

Present-day.

~~~***~~~

Heading into class, I sit back in my seat, listening to the lesson the teacher was telling us. Looking at the clock I see it's now 2:17 pm.

'One hour left.' I tell myself.

Our teacher then finishes the lesson, she then starts handing out a worksheet. Getting mine I look down and start working on it, not wanting homework tonight. Karl's got a volleyball game tonight and there's no way I'm missing it for homework. The whole gang is coming to support Karl like we always do. Though this will be Quackity's first time watching. There haven't been games since he's gotten here.

My pencil scratches at the paper's surface, creating little words and symbols. Though I do know what they are, my brain won't put names to symbols. Too focused on the thoughts inside my brain. Soon the bell rings, letting us know school is over.

'It's been an hour!?' I think to myself.

Looking down at my sheet I see it completed -With doodles on the sides too. Not knowing how I completed this I shove it into my binder. Grabbing that I head out of the classroom. Walking to my lockers is chaotic, I mean there are hundreds of people trying to get there so it's kinda hard. Though if you just follow the crowd you should be fine.

Karls at my locker when I get there. I walk over and give him a little kiss before opening my locker.

"What was that for?" He asks laying his side on the locker beside mine.

I placed my binder in my locker before answering him. "A good luck kiss, before the game."

He looks at me and shakes his head. "It's too early for that." He says "The game starts in an hour."

"Ya well, kisses are important. They keep you happy." I tell him, grabbing my backpack and closing my locker. Looking over at him I move a strand of his brown hair out of his face.

"What are you gonna do with this mop?" I ask, directing at his hair.

He smiles. "I'll steal a headband."

"Oh? I was not informed of this." I tell him.

His hands suddenly go up and grab the headband hanging from my head. "It'll be a good luck charm." He tells me, placing the thing on his head.

My hands instinctively go to fix the band, so it actually will keep the hair out of his face. After I grab the sides of his head and give him a small peck on the forehead.

"You're very affectionate today." He tells me.

"Sorry, just want to show how much you're loved." I utter, winking at the end.

He then giggles. "Nah it's fine, I'm enjoying it." His gray eyes shine with something, before asking me for another kiss. I smile and nod.

And right now I forget about our other soulmate, I forget about Alex ignoring us. I'm just in the moment. Though my stomach can't help but sink. Knowing something is missing.

~~~***~~~

Tuesday - October 31 - 3:17 pm

~~~***~~~

The ball soars, straight to the floor. Before it can hit the wooden surface a boy runs over, diving to catch it. Then the balls up in the air again, creating a perfect reset to the game. Karl gets up from the floor, his white jersey sticking to his skin.

He wipes the sweat from his forehead and focuses back on the game. It's the last set of the game, they're tied. The Pink Parrots vs Red Rabbits, our school's enemies.

Watching from the sidelines I can even see the determination on our team's faces, their red jerseys falling out from where they were tucked into and their shoulders moving up and down showing their heavy breathing. Soon their captain spikes the ball over, into a far corner where the other team can't get it. The team cheers as the points are added to their score.

"Twenty-three to twenty-two," I whisper to Eret, who's chilling beside me eating her popcorn.

"We're so close," They whisper back, his eyes staying on the game.

I look over to my left, seeing Alex. His smile widens as he looks at the game. (More specifically Karl, but I can't see that.) His hand reaches to grab his drink, hitting mine hand in the process. His eyes shoot to me before moving his hand away as fast as lightning. I try not to physically frown. Grabbing his drink he looks back to the game. Drinking, I see his Adam apple bobbing up and down. Looking back at the game I can't help but feel jealousy pop into my mind, wishing I had one.

Shaking my head I focus back into the game, seeing Scott -Our team's main setter- Set the ball, heading over to another kid. Ran- Ranboo? I think that's his name. He's a freshman and one of Tommy's friends so I don't really know him. He's freakishly tall though 6'5, 6'6? Probably one of those.

His jersey is number six, which kinda fits him for some reason. I look to see Karl watching the other side and preparing to bunt a ball. He's a libero, after all, it's kinda his job. Soon the ball comes flying over, straight to Scott. He bunts it up, then Karl runs and jumps -Over the front line- and sets the ball to another kid on the team in mid-air.

The boy smacks the ball, using all his energy on it, but it gets blocked by a kid on the other team and it comes falling down faster than anyone can predict. The noise of the ball hitting the floor fills the room. Cheers from the other teams hit my ears, making me feel even worse for our team. I watch as Karl walks over to the kid who spiked and high-fived him, not giving a flying crap he messed up.

I can hear him in my head. "Hey man, you did great! Wish that guy would have honked of though,"

Soon the next round starts, the Ranboo kid serving. Things go well for a while, back and forth for a while. Till the setter on the other team fakes Ranboo out and gets a spike in. Then the air's tense. Twenty-four to twenty-three and were not on the winning side. The game then becomes more competitive, everyone praying we get some points in.

We start off with a serve from Scott, him laying it into the center of their side. One of their middle blockers bumps it to the setter and the setter passes it to a different guy, him spiking it. It's blocked by number three on our team, a person named Ponk. Heading back to that side they do it again, except a different kid blocks it. Though this time it only hit the tip of their fingers. Karl bumps it to Scott who "Throws" it to Ponk. But that's just a decoy as he actually threw it to Ranboo. Ranboo spikes it to be deflected by number seven on their team.

It goes back and forth for ten more minutes till the other team makes a play, that either makes or breaks it. The setter gets ready for the ball, then all of the people on the team are running. Making it almost impossible to guess who gets the ball. Then just like that he flicks it over, doing a setter dump.

The balls falling. Karl races to get it dives even. But he's just too late.

THUMP!

The noise isn't loud, but it sounds like it. Cheers commence everywhere. The other team yelled and screamed. While our team just sits there frozen. It was a douche move, everyone knew that. But it was well played. Slowly everyone gets up and goes to shake hands and people on the bleachers also get up. Moving to get out of the gymnasium.

"That game was entertaining," Eret says after we leave the gym.

"Ya," I say back. "That last play was just rude."

"Guy probably wanted all the credit for winning," Alex adds.

I shrug.

"Are you going to Dreams party tonight?" Eret asks.

"Ya Sapnap you coming to my party?" A voice says behind me.

I yell and turn around, seeing Dream and Wilbur. I shake my head before saying. "You know I get scared easily, you complete doofus."

"But yes we are coming." Another new voice adds, but I recognize this one this time. Karl.

I turn around again and give him a hug. "Good game," I tell him.

"Ya, too bad it ended like that." He says as I wrap my arm around his shoulder.

Karl then smiles and looks over to Dream. "Well be at your party, I would just like to shower first. I am very sweaty."

"Ya, I can smell you," I say, grabbing my nose with my other hand and plugging it.

He laughs before untangling from my arm. "Hey, Alex? Are you coming too? It's a Halloween party so you better be dressed up."

Quackity thinks for a moment before nodding. "Ya, I'll be there."

"Dressed as a Minecraft Creeper," I add.

"I told you not to tell anyone about that!" He yells.

And I laugh, happy I'm having normal Alex for even just a minute. Hopefully, he'll be normal at the party. Maybe tell us what's on his mind.

Who Knows. 

~~~***~~~

Hello everyone! I would just like to thank you all for looking at and reading this book. It is crazy to me that 3.4k people have looked at this book. And not to mention how this got to ranked 3 on the karlnapity page. It is honestly amazing and I just want to thank you all. 

I'm sorry this chapter came out so late. It was meant to be here on Halloween, It wasn't. Anyway, I shape your all having a wonderful night/day and I hope you enjoy this chapter. 

*Salutes* 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.3K 770 16
Just them being chaotic as usual.
1M 54.7K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
310K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
25.8K 420 12
Just Klance one-shots. {"Finished"} - Started (12/19/17) - Ended (12/19/19) I don't own Voltron or any of its characters. Trigger w...