SIDELINES; liam dunbar

By janiabeans

๐Ÿฅ โ› i see you loving on the sidelines, i think about it at the wrong times โœ ษชษด แดกสœษชแด„สœ: moonee zhao-mccall ha... More

~ฮตรฏะท~ ๐€๐‚๐“ ๐Ž๐๐„
01. {moonee's return}
02. {kidnapping a freshman}
03. {lydia's fake party}
04. {the scrimmage}
05. {stuck in a well}
06. {canine distemper virus}
07. {scott's death}
09. {the new list}
10. {bonfire party}
11. {satomi's pack}
12. {moonee's goal}
13. {road trip}
14. {la iglesia}
15. {fully fledged wolf}
16. {heritage talk}
17. {understanding moonee}
~ฮตรฏะท~ ๐€๐‚๐“ ๐“๐–๐Ž
18. {senior scribe}
19. {new girl}
20. {tracy stewart}
21. {sinema club}
22. {dread doctors}
23. {suppressed memories}
24. {xan's jealousy}
25. {newest chimera}
26. {stolen sophmores}
27. {rescued by theo}
28. {mercury poisoning}
29. {the perigee-syzygy}
30. {conflict at the highschool}
31. {dark moonee}
32. {library clean-up]
33. {theo's pack}
34. {the demon wolf}
36. {eichen house}
37. {lie ability}
38. {finding mason}
39. {the beast of gevaudan}
40. {stargazing and kisses}
~ฮตรฏะท~ ๐€๐‚๐“ ๐“๐‡๐‘๐„๐„
41. {worst date ever}
42. {broken compass}
43. {who's stiles?}
44. {lacrosse captain}
45. {mr douglas' coughing fit}
46. {gwen's protection party}
47. {ghost rider attack}
48. {the k index}
49. {the not a train station}
50. {theo raeken returns}
51. {allison's death}
52. {i love you so much}
53. {liam can't ride a horse}
54. {new hair, new me}

08. {berserker battle}

6.8K 229 140
By janiabeans

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

the four were still in the hospital room, waiting for something unusual to happen on the screens.

"is that supposed to look like that?" liam pointed out.

the camera view on the roof began to glitch out and eventually lost all signal. moonee glanced up, her and stiles shared a confused look.

"no." stiles shook his head, "no, it's not."

"where is that?"

"the roof. someone's gonna have to go check it out." stiles stated.

"i'll go." kira volunteered.

"whoa, whoa." stiles stopped her, "this might not just be a malfunction."

"that's why i'm bringing this." kira pulled out her katana, making stiles flinch.

"i'm coming with you!" liam chimed in.

"so am i." moonee spoke up before she walked to the corner of the room where the drawers were placed, "you okay by yourself, stiles?"

"more than okay."

she reached behind it and gradually pulled out a metal bat. stiles looked at her in bewilderment.

"is that the KB?" he questioned, "how did it get here?"

"i put it here before any of you guys arrived." moonee confessed. she hadn't just picked a random room to set up in, she has it all planned.

"KB?"

"the 'killing bat'." stiles clarified as moonee twirled the bat around.

"why the quotations?" liam asked.

"because we don't kill people." moonee concluded, "we should go, we're wasting time."

kira nodded, and she led the two freshmen out the door.

"okay... and you're all coming right back." stiles ordered, "immediately... kids." he sighed as they left.

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

the trio ran to the rooftop. when they arrived, one of the power boxes surged and electricity volts exploded in front of their eyes.

moonee used her arm to shield her sensitive eyes from the bright light and the two did the same.

"looks like someone did something to it." liam suggested.

moonee heard a low growling noise coming from behind them, so she pivoted. what she saw, made her freeze in her place. standing there was a seven-foot creature made of bones and skin, a berserker.

"holy-"

"i think somebody did." kira pulled out her katana from its holding and swung it around.

liam turned around and faced the beast too, his face dropping in awe. he didn't waste any time in shifting, and immediately used his claws to slash the monster's face.

however, its face was made of a bear's skull and the claws were doing no damage. as liam went for another hit, the berserker hit his arm away and grabbed him by his neck. swiftly, the beta werewolf was thrown into the metal gate.

"dunbar!"

kira stepped forward and whirled her katana around before taking slashes at the berserker. it dodged most of her moves and managed to use its arm to stop one. the creature then swung its fist into kira's face, knocking her to the ground.

moonee took a deep breath as the berserker shifted its gaze to her. she wielded her heavy metal bat and quickly swung for his head, her eyes were glowing grey as she manipulated the air around her, to make the blow harder.

the berserker stumbled back, grunted out and swung its arm at her. the elementum used the bat to block the hit and the two carried on like that a few more times.

"kira." liam was now up and shaking the kitsune awake, "kira, get up!"

kira's eyes shot open and she got to her feet. the duo looked up to see moonee and the beast brawling.

the berserker had grown bored of their attack routine, so instead of swinging its arm at her bat, it went for her head.

"moonee!" liam's voice echoed in her ears as she descended to the ground.

the metal bat slipped from her fingers the second she fell to the floor. her head hit the concrete in an aggressive manner, so if she hadn't gotten a concussion from the berserker, she definitely had one now.

the berserker had claws of its own, sharper than any werewolves' could be. not only had it smacked moonee in her face, a claw had sliced her cheek, leaving an ugly scar.

while taking a deep breath, the girl scrambled back to her feet. moonee didn't have supernatural healing, but she did have enhanced stamina. so despite the excruciating pain she was feeling, she still had energy for another round.

moonee grabbed her bat and held it tightly. she watched the beast throw liam to the roof floor gripped her weapon even tighter.

kira had been standing beside her, her katana in hand. the two girls transmitted a look and nodded. together, they each swung their weapons to the berserker's head.

unfortunately, it used its hands to catch each of the weapons and push them away, throwing the girls to the ground with.

moonee's body couldn't take the harsh impact and her eyes rolled to the back of her head. she could feel herself slipping out of consciousness for the third time that week.

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

her eyes opened and the first thing she saw was a blurry hospital room ceiling. moonee sighed in relief that she was still alive and shifted into a sitting position.

"hey, mum..." moonee spoke out when she saw melissa changing something at the end of the hospital bed.

melissa quickly peeked up and gasped. she moved over to her, cupped her cheeks and plastered kisses all over her face. moonee chuckled at her mum's affection and smiled.

"hi, baby." melissa greeted her as she sat on the edge of the single bed.

"scott?"

"kira brought him back a while ago." melissa explained, "he should be here any second."

"good." moonee nodded, "is everyone okay?"

"everyone but you and noshiko." melissa told her, "she was attacked by a beserker, just like you."

"i was?"

"yeah, knocked you right out." melissa sadly chuckled, "you've got a concussion and butterfly bandage on your face."

"great." moonee groaned, "i don't even remeber confronting a besekrer."

"that's part of the concussion, moon." melissa described, "liam carried you inside, said you put up a good fight."

"dunbar?" moonee queried, her face scrunched up in puzzlement.

"yes." melissa nodded, "he tried to stay here for a little longer, but dr geyer sent him home."

moonee frowned. why would liam even show her slightest bit of kindness after the way she snapped at him?

"weird of him to do that." moonee spoke.

"it's also nice of him. you should thank him." melissa suggested.

"maybe." moonee muttered.

there was a knock on the door, making the two girls glance up.

"come in."

the door gradually opened and scott entered inside, in his other hand was a white plastic bag and he stood with a smile on his face.

"moon, you're up." he exclaimed.

"so are you!" she added, her mood quickly improving.

"i'll leave you guys to it." melissa announced as she got up. as she walked past scott, she patted his shoulder.

"how are you?" moonee questioned, "how was death?" she added on, spookily.

moonee zhao-mccall always had struggled with making emotional connections and new friends. so as much as she hated to admit it, scott was her best friend. ever since she was little. moonee felt like she could be herself around him, and he was the only of the only people who knew what a kind heart she had.

scott chuckled and pulled a chair up to her bed. "i'll tell you all about it. but i have this."

moonee watched as her elder brother pulled out a basket of chilli cheese fries. she laughed loudly and slapped her hands over her mouth to conceal it.

"i almost forgot." she admitted.

"well, i didn't." scott said as he passed her a fork.

moonee glanced over to the clock and saw what the time was, "two am?"

"yeah, you were out for long and i had to do a bunch of tests."

"all right," she nodded, "bon appétit."

"bon appetite." scott repeated.

"no, it's bon appétit." moonee corrected him.

"bon appetite?"

"bon appétit."

"moon." scott gave her a look.

she laughed at his mispronunciation and frustration, "okay, okay. tell me about your day."

scott nodded. as the two ate the chips, scott told her about his recurring dream due to his 'death' experience. he even went on to talk about him and kira and then he finally confessed about the gym bag hidden under his bed.

"you have what?!"

⎯ ❃ neens speaks!

most of the chapter was fighting and i hate writing action ugh. also this is not proofread, so sorry

and thank you so much for the support i've been getting on this book, love you all xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 22.5K 98
"we'll figure this out ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ." x fem!reader season 1 - 6 highest: #3 in teenwolf : #1 in stilinski : #1 in...
400K 16.1K 29
I'm a little dysfunction, don't you know? If you push me, it might be bad - tech n9ne TEEN WOLF SEASON FOUR LIAM DUNBAR STANDALONE| BOYXBOY
85.5K 2.1K 29
Carmen McCall is many things & almost everyone has something to say about her. She's the younger McCall, only by a couple minutes. As alike as the M...