Sang's the 1: Introductions {...

By IAmCandi

NOTE: I'm editing this story now! Not planning on changing any content. I'm just fixing typos, punctuation, g... More

Introductions {1}
Introductions {2}
Introductions {3}
Introductions {4}
Introductions {5}
Introduction {6}
Introductions {8}
Sang's the 1:Part 9
Sang's the 1:Part 10
Sang's the 1:Part 11
Sang's the 1:Part 12
Sang's the 1:Part 13
Sang's the 1:Part 14
Sang's the 1:Part 15
Sang's the 1:Part 16
Sang's the 1:Part 17
Sang's the 1:Part 18
Sang's the 1:Part 19
Sang's the 1: Part 20
Sang's the 1: Part 21

Introductions {7}

2K 117 3
By IAmCandi

POV: Sang Sorenson

Thinking of the incident reminded me to let Wil know all the particulars. We wouldn't want my followers getting the wrong information from Eddie or Greg. Wil could text a few of them and let them know what to spread.

Taking out my phone, I twisted so that Nathan's body and my side were shielding it from Ms. Smith's gaze if she decided to look up.

Sang (Me) : little incident with Karen and Eddie. She wanta to know why Greg forced Derek ontk his side. Didn't realize what kinda guy Eddie is. Its handled. I told her to tell Derek to come talk to mw or you and we'd see what we could do. You can just send out that Eddye went a little too far with a girl and got stopped.

Wil : Got it. Your next class is in Music Room B.

He didn't send another text so I typed: 

explain

Because all 7 of the Academy Guys are enrolled in that class and one of the teachers who came with them is the instructor. Mr. Blackbourne. I've listed you as a violin student.

WHAT?!

And I immediately followed up with,

Wil I don't play the violin

The only thing I played was when I pressed the play button on my cell phone.

duh Sang but you're always listening to classical music and you.mentioned before how you'd like to learn to play the piano or violin.

yeah thanks Anyway...so what do the guys--

 I didn't get to finish my text or send it because a grunt from behind me sounded closer than I thought it would. 

"Put your phone up," North's deep voice rumbled, sounding extra husky in the form of a whisper.

I looked back and realized that he was mere inches from me. My eyes flew to his lips. So close I could practically taste the banana he must've eaten for breakfast. It smelled like ambrosia coming from him. A little leaning  and I would be planted on those lips.....a little more...

I jumped back blushing hard remembering who I was who he was and where we were. 

I couldnt believe i was acting so...like a sex crazed wanton! But then...just look at him..

Snap out of it Sang! 

I forced myself to look at his facial expression but it was granite. I couldn't tell if he had read my messages. I couldn't tell if he was repulsed that I was about to kiss him. I couldnt tell if--like me--he was feeling this agonizing disappointment that I stupidly pulled back.

He finally spoke but his words held no clue to his thoughts or emotions either. "Put your phone up before you get caught and in trouble."

Nodding, I exhaled a breath and pressed the lock button to lock the screen on my phone. Slipping it back into my bra, I thought for a momemt on what Wil had gotten me into.

A sense of giddiness ripped through me. Despite my embarrassment at just almost kissing the life out of North, I was still hyped up at knowing I would soon be in a classroom with all 7 of the Academy Guys. I was yet to meet about 2 of them--a Victor Morgan and a Silas Korba--as well as the two teachers but based on what I'd seen so far, I wasn't holding my breath that the others woulld be ugly.

Nathan turned around and said "Don't let him boss you around Sang. He's just naturally really bossy. And grumpy. And rude. And mean as hell--"

A growl from North cut into Nathan's description of his character. Nathan's grin and wink made me giggle, which he then grinned even wider at hearing.

"You have a really beautiful laugh Sang. I mean reeeaally beautiful."

"Thank you," I mumbled, still too shy to look him in the eye.

He stared at me for a second as if taking in everything about me before switching topics. "Will you eat lunch with me and my friends? I think Gabe already gave you our numbers right? You know Gabe, flamboyant, feisty little diva with a sailor's tongue?"

Great. How did I explain that i couldn't eat lunch with them without telling them about the Rank Rivalries? 

"Yes, I've met Gabriel" I began "and he did give me your numbers,  but i won't call or text you for  anything yknow just boring or unnecessary or--"

He cut me off quite abruptly. "Call me any time you please okay? The only other people I really talk to are the lame ones like Luke and psycho ones like North," he whisper-spoke. 

A pen flew over my head and smacked Nathan on the forehead. 

I turned around to scold North but he glaring at Nathan and well it was kind of cute. Damn when did I become a mush for a scowl? But, in my defense, it was a boyish scowl backed by at least 220 pounds of pure muscley yumminess.

Seconds later the bell rung and I pulled a Kota move, rushing out of the room with my things as if fire ants were biting my ass.

Close proximity with these Academy Guys was both a blessing and a curse. 

Sighing at my thoughts, I  made .my way through the throng of students to Wil's classroom. 

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

As I moved through the halls, I was pleased to see that none of the loiterers were my followers.

An Eddie stopped in his mischief was a dangerous Eddie. We didn't want him taking his frustration with me out on anybody else. 

Soon enough I was outside Wil's class waiting for him. I smirked at my tough guy pose. I had my arms folded over my breasts (under the breasts was for seducing nimrods like Rocky; over the breasts meant serious business) and my back was firmly planted on the wall while one leg was bent at the knee so that my foot was propped on the wall. 

Wil grinned, two rows of straight white teeth gleaming prettily, as he came walking out of the room fiddling with his glasses. I sighed. 

I'd told him to get contacts but there were so arguments against it (getting eye infections, losing them so easily, having to use a solution to cleanse them, etc.) that I decided to not bother him about it anymore. He was always having to clean his glasses or push them up on his nose though; they seemed like a bother to me.

Well...not always. On Kota they looked downright sinful. And boy was than an out there thought. But still, Kota did to a simple pair of black framed glasses what a pair of Calvin Klein boxers did to any of their male models. Extra-hotness factor.

I fell into step with Wil but bent to pick up a book that, out of my periphery, I saw a girl accidentally drop onto the gritty linoleum that served as the flooring of Ashley Waters high school. 

As I handed it to her, she wouldn't meet my eyes but mumbled something that I'm just going to assume was a "thank you." 

Wil and I kept moving but at our own pace.

"So for when you get to class, " he paused and bit at his lower lip momentarily before continuing, "this guy, Mr. Blackbourne, I didn't get near anything on him. I can't even tell you what he looks like or his first name."

He pulled a folder out of his sizeable backpack and quickly thumbed through the pages. "But I do know that he's listed as the advisor for all of the 7 Academy Guys and he shares an office with the other teacher, a guy named Sean Green. Green is also taking over for Nurse Killer--"

I put my hand over my muoth, trying to keep my laughs from escaping. Nurse Killer was what we called Nurse Sarah Miller. The only thing she ever did was put a bandaid on for you which is why girls called her Killer. The guys--however-- call her Killer because she has those huge-for-no-reason kind of boobs and a butt that sticks so far out I personally think she should have a "Wide Load" sign on it. But that's mean of me huh? Whatever. Honestly though, is it even necessary for a woman with those kind of curves to work at a high school where  most likely at least half of the girls have low self-esteem about their bodies as it is?!

Wil waited til I stopped laughing before he said "All of the guys are in that class with you and they each have an instrument listed though I havent seen any listed on the school's inventory. They must bring their own. By the way your name kept getting erased from the list." 

He paused to yawn, a movement which immediately put me on edge. The human body needs sleep, an adult at least 8 and children at least 10. That much I did pick up from health class and Wil wasn't doing himself any favors by missing out on sleep.

Wil's voice cut into my thoughts, "For some reason, last night, the system didn't want anybody but those 7 guys in Mr. Blackbourne's class. But I--guess how I did it?" 

I joked "Maaaagic!" 

"Nah," he laughed. "I waited til about 4 am--at which time the computer was still bouncing me out--until around 4:23 am. The computer stopped bouncing me then, and I figured that if someone was hacking in like i was, then they would have to be too tired or sleeping and they wouldn't get a chance to bounce you off of the list again. Besides, the secretary is supposed to lock everything in by 5am so she can send all of the instructors an updated class roster."

I was impressed. But then I got mad as he yawned again, making me recall my earlier thoughts. I was sure he could hear the anger in my voice because he flinched as I spoke. 

"That's great Wil. You know I appreciate every single thing you do but what are you doing up at 4am?! You need sleep as much as anybody else. This high school Rank Rivalry stuff isnt worth all the stress you--"

He nodded his head faster and faster trying to end this lecture before it even began.

"I know. But, Sang, we're doing a good thing here. Giving kids a chance to come to school and not worry about being beaten up or bullied just because they aren't popular or whatever. A little missed sleep is nothing in comparison--"

A little of my anger ebbed at the earnestness of his plea. "Actually Wil yes it is. Losing sleep can have some serious complications. Promise me you'll turn your phone off and get at least 8 hours sleep tonight."

He just stared at me with a tiny pout.

Ha, I mentally laughed at him. After talking to the Academy Guys I knew Wil's little boy stare wouldn't out-adorable them. I wouldn't give in on this.

Finally he sighed and raised his left hand as if swearing on a Bible while i saw the other not-so-slyly go behind his back. 

I reached over and pinched him on his gut.

As he bent forward trying to dislodge me, I said "Now promise me and not with your fingers crossed behind your back." 

"Fine fine I promise. I'll sleep tonight."

I didn't let go. "8 Hours Wil."

"Yeah 8 hours. Promise!" he winced as my grip tightened.

I let go and gave him my biggest smile before throwing an arm around his waist. We just started walking again as if I didn't just physically assault him. I internally chuckled because hey that's normal for us.

Both laughing now, Wil chuckled out "You're a violent little girl. You look so angelic but you're violent."

I just shook my head but kept laughing. I loved these quick fun moments with Wil. He took Bry's place as my "older brother" after Bry went off to college. 

We were only a little way from his class now so I slowed my pace a little while he spoke. "Ok so anyway I sent out what you told me. I texted Max, Jasmine, and Leo from Sang's Six and they're getting the word out. About the Eddie thing so that they know not to let any of our girls go off on their own and also about the meeting being during Lunch so they know to walk in groups to and from the cafe."

"That was a smart idea Wil. I'm sure their followers would be using that time while we 1s and 2s are off in a meeting to get up to no good."

He nodded. "Your next class is Physics right?," I questioned though I already knew the answer. 

He nodded again. I nodded my head in the direction of the classroom and gently pushed him towards it. "Then get there before the bell goes."

After he rolled his eyes, he did as I said only pausung to say "You got about 2 minutes." I only let out my breath when he was fully in the classroom. I'll admit I was scared to death of maybe finding him in a bloody heap again. When I'd first announced him as my potential 2, it didnt go well with Greg and Rocky's followers. They thought he was weak.

It gave me a panic attack to think of it happening again. Wil wasn't tough. He didn't fight. But he was a genius and he had a huge heart. 

Turning on my heel, I figured I had better skedaddle to my class. 

We didnt know this Mr. Blackbourne, but I didn't think he was the type to forgive tardies like Ms. Smith. 

Not to mention I had mysteries on top of mysteries on my hand.

1. Who was a hacker good enough to bounce me out of this class after Wil had put me in? I knew Wil. He wouldve locked the list up with firewalls and encrypted codes and all that other techy stufff.

2. Why was it so important that this class period only be for the Academy Guys?

3. Why hadnt whoever it is just bounced me back off the list? I believed Wil that he stayes up unt 4 am and that the list locks at 5 but school doesn't start until after 7. That left a couple hours where this other hacker couldve taken me out.

And last? Other than the obvious--their Greek God good looks--what was so special about these Academy guys?

Word Count: 2442

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

411K 24.6K 73
This story is the fanfiction version of In The Shadows written by the amazing Katydids. It is now an original, with a completed first book and the be...
107K 5.4K 23
Fanfiction based on CL Stone's Ghost Bird Series. For years, The Academy boys have kept secrets from Sang Sorenson. First, there were the understanda...
145K 8.2K 31
I had a choice. Either way I was losing them though. But I'd rather they keep breathing. Living a life without me. So I protected them. Faked my d...
20.6K 1.6K 30
When the world changes overnight, and Sang finds herself separated from the nine boys she loves, how can she survive until they are all reunited? I'...