Little Rose

By va_18x

Book #1 of the Rose series: Everly is a 4 almost 5 year old being raised by her older brothers. Not everythi... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 31

14.4K 386 154
By va_18x

December 31st. To most people it's New Years Eve, the day before the new year. But who cares about that, ITS MY BIRTHDAY!

Not very much happened since I got bulldozed in the playground. Max apologised and felt really bad so we welcomed him to our group. All his other friends are meanies and used him. They're so cruel! It's okay though, because now he has us. I even made him a special friendship bracelet for his birthday last month. I think he was going to cry but he didn't. He gave me a big bear hug instead!

Anyway, today is my birthday! I am officially 5 years old. I already feel so much bigger. Daddy agreed, after a lot of convincing to let me have a slumber party! Athena may have helped a little but I think he was just teasing us. He also invited Athena over to spend New Year's Eve with us even though I invited her to my party first. I think it's because he wants to kiss her. I remember seeing it in a movie once, the boys thought my eyes were covered. It was so gross though. Ew.

"Come on baby get those shoes on!" Austin shouted from the bottom of the stairs.

Daddy hired a mini van for the day so we won't have multiple cars and everyone can be together. We're going to the trampoline park along with all my friends! Aiden's coming too and he also invited his friends.

"I'm coming!" I squealed excitedly as I slipped on my boots since it was snowing and dashed down the stairs where Austin was waiting with my big snow coat in his hands.

"Let's get you all bundled up." He grinned as he spun me around so he was sat on the steps and I was stood in front of him.

He wrapped a Frozen scarf around my neck before helping me put on the matching gloves and then helped me put on my big coat. He then stuck a woolly hat on my head before finally putting on my hood.

"Did you put on the two pairs of socks I put out for you?" He asked with a raised eyebrow as he slipped on his own snow boots.

"Of course I did." I grinned as I waddled to the long mirror in the hallway and giggled at my reflection.

"Elijah and Ben should be back with the van any minute now." He said as he glanced at his watch and pulled out his phone.

"Give is a little pose birthday girl." He grinned as I did a bunch of different poses. Well as many as I could considering I was all wrapped up.

"Adorable." He awed with a pout on his face.

"Why are you already five years old honey?" He frowned as he pulled me into a tight hug.

"I think it's because I was born five years ago." I shrugged, "can we sneak some cake before we go?" I asked hopefully.

"Whatever the birthday girl wants. Not too much though." He warned as he picked me up and sat me on a stool before cutting a small slice of cake and started feeding me since I couldn't move my arms too much because of the large puffy coat.

Just as Austin fed me the last bite, we heard a loud honk from outside immediately bringing a huge grin to my face. I quickly chewed and swallowed the cake before rushing to the front door and stood up on my tiptoes to reach the door handle.

Noticing my struggle, a very amused Austin opened the door for me and held onto my hand tightly so I wouldn't fall in the snow. Elijah dug a pathway and also cleared the driveway last night, but since it was snowing so much there was still a lot of snow everywhere. I'm definitely not complaining though. I made Aiden promise to help me build a snowman. Maybe even a whole family.

Anyway, he opened door for me and buckled me up before closing the door and climbing in to the passengers side.

"Hello birthday girl." Daddy grinned as he turned to look at me.

"I'm so excited daddy." I squealed as I junked you and down in my seat.

"Adam should be bringing Holly out any second now." Austin said as he tucked his phone away in his pocket.

"What else does the birthday girl want to do today?" Daddy asked as he increases the heating.

"Can we get hot cocoa? Oooohhh and some of those warm gooey brownies?" I asked as I began drooling at the thought of the warm fudgy brownies.

"We can get everyone some hot cocoa once we get to the trampoline park and also I may have already given Marina a bigger order." He winked.

"You're the best daddy!" I squealed just as I heard the van door opening and Holly sitting next to me in awe.

"This is so cool! Look at the lights! Do they change colour?" She asked with a grin as daddy nodded his head and handed her a small remote that had a bunch of coloured buttons on them.

"Don't go overboard ladies." Austin warned as we drove off to pick up my friends.

We managed to carefully make our way to get Kade, Noah, Candace and Bella and are making our last stop to Max's house. Thankfully Noah and Kade are neighbours and so are Candace and Bella, which means we can get everyone super quickly and go to the trampoline park quicker! Now we're on our way to pick up Max. Thankfully, daddy said he lives a couple blocks away from Candace and Bella so it won't take too long.

"Happy birthday Ev!" He yelled excitedly as Austin buckled him in next to me.

"Thanks Max." I grinned as he pulled me into a tight hug.

"I bought you a present." He grinned as he pulled out a small gift bag from behind his back.

"Really?!" I squealed as he took out a small box from the bag.

"I never got anyone a birthday present before because all my friends were rude. So when you gave me a friendship bracelet for my birthday, I tried making you one but it was too hard so me and momma went and bought you a rose bracelet." He said proudly as I pulled him into another tight hug.

He's so thoughtful, I can't believe we were 'enemies' before!

"This is so pretty!" I said in shock as he fastened the rose bracelet on my wrist.

"My momma said you can make it bigger so you can wear it forever!" He blushed.

"You're so sweet Max. Thank you." I sniffled as I admired the beautiful bracelet. 

"Come on kiddos we're here." Daddy said with a wide smile as he got out of the van at the same time as Austin and helped all 7 of us out of the van.

The second we walked inside, we saw Aiden, Alessandro, Dean, big Max, Caleb and Elijah waiting for us with a bunch of wristbands in their hands.

"Right kids, get a wrist band on and go to Elijah with your shoes and socks. You need to wear special socks here." He told us as we rushed towards Aiden and Elijah.

Aiden and Dean helped us all with our wristbands while Elijah handed us a pair of socks before putting our stuff in a locker. Caleb and Aless then came and helped us all put on our special socks.

"I need you kids to be careful, if you get tired or hungry then let me know. There's a snack bar around here somewhere." Daddy said as all seven of us kids rushed towards the trampolines and began jumping.

We spent three hours jumping in the trampoline park, jumping in the foam pit, building walls with the foam and jumping through them and into the foam pit, climbing the wall, playing basketball and trying to make it through the obstacle course. Of course us kids couldn't do some of those things but it was just as fun watching my brothers and Aiden's friends trying and failing. We even convinced daddy to do them too.

"Right kiddos, why don't we go get some food now? All that jumping must've made you hungry." Daddy said as he led us to our locker and used the key to unlock it.

The 7 of us nodded our heads in excitement as all the adults and teenagers helped us put on our shoes and socks.

Once we were all ready, we all ran to the car park and waited impatiently by the van as daddy unlocked the door and helped us all in.

"We're headed somewhere else to eat and then the mall. I'll see you at home for the party." Aiden said as his friends got in his car.

"Alright, take this." Daddy said as he handed him a couple hundred dollar bills. So rich.

"And be safe. Let me know if you need more." Daddy said as he buckled me in.

"I don't need it Ben you know that." Aiden said with a frown as he held the money out to him.

"Stop being a pain in the butt and take it." Ben chuckled as he playfully rolled his eyes and got into the drivers side.

"Take as long as you guys need but be back for the cake." Ben said as he pulled out of the parking lot and drove off.

15 minutes later we made it to Pizza Hut. Now, in New York there's a large section near the mall where all the food places are. Including Millie's and Marinas. There's a bunch of cafes, fast food places and even a Target.

Anyway, the seven of us got out for the car with the help of Austin, daddy and Elijah who followed us in his car and made our way inside Pizza Hut.

As we were walking inside, I spotted a homeless couple sitting outside Pizza Hut with a large sign. They look so cold.

"Daddy." I called out as I tugged on his coat.

"What's up sweet girl?" He asked confused as we continued walking to Pizza Hut.

"Can we get them some food too? And some warm stuff. They look so cold." I said with a frown as I looked back at the couple.

"Course we can." He said with a grin as we walked inside.

"Why don't I get Elijah to get them some things from target while I order them food." He said as I nodded with a wide grin on my face and rushed over to Austin who was stood at a large table helping all my friends in.

Daddy soon came up to us and whispered to Austin who gave me a proud look and nodded his head.

"Right kiddos what's everyone favourite pizza?" Austin asked with a grin as daddy walked up to the front and spoke to a cashier person.

"Pepperoni!"

"Cheese!"

We all yelled at the same time as a waiter approached us.

"I see it's someone's birthday today, happy birthday m'lady." The waiter said with a bow making me giggle.

"Thank you." I blushed as I fixed my birthday crown.

All the girls wore a princess crown but mine said birthday girl while the boys had a sword and a kings crown.

"My name is Axel, what can I get you guys?" He asked Austin as he got his notepad ready.

"2 pepperoni pizzas and two cheese pizzas, both large please. Do you guys do juice?" Austin asked as he nodded.

"Great, we'll do apple juice." He said as he looked at us for confirmation as we nodded at him.

"And also can we get a jug of water please." He said to the waiter who nodded his head with a wide smile.

"Coming right up." He said as he turned to walk away but was quickly stopped by Austin.

He whispered something in his ear making Axel glance at me with a wide grin as he gave Austin a thumbs up and walked away.

15 minutes later daddy and Elijah both came back with wide grins on their face and sat on each ends of the booth.

Daddy winked at me before turning to Austin and started a boring adult conversation while us kids began colouring in the picture given to us. Mine was a birthday cake!

A couple minutes later Axel returned to our table with another waiter carrying our food. I could smell the delicious pizza from here. I could practically feel myself drooling just as they placed the platters of pizza on our table.

Elijah, Austin and daddy all served us pizza and we all immediately dug in. Pizza is so nice. Like so so nice. Like so yummy nice.

We all managed to finish all the pizza, especially considering there were so many of us here and all that jumping made us very hungry!

I leaned back and let out a content sigh followed by all my friends. We were definitely more than stuffed.

Kade let out a loud burp making everyone at the table then to him and burst out laughing as he gave us a sheepish look.

"I'm so full." I groaned.

"So does that mean there's no room for dessert?" Daddy asked with a very cheeky look.

I raised my eyebrow at him waiting for him to elaborate but something else immediately caught my attention.

Axel and two other waiters came walking up to our table with wide grins on their faces singing happy birthday. Axel was holding a cup of ice cream with a sparkler in it while the other two waiters came with a tray of ice cream each.

A wide grin immediately made its way to my face as all my friends and family joined in on the singing definitely making me blush.

"Happy birthday m'lady." Axel winked as he placed the ice cream in front of me, the sparkler no longer burning.

"Thank you guys." I grinned at them and immediately dug in.

Once we were all done with our ice cream, the 10 of us made our way outside after waving goodbye to Axel and headed to the van. Remembering the old couple sitting outside earlier, I turned to look in their direction to find them all bundled up in cosy coats and winter clothing, along with a sleeping bag each and a bag full of things. They were both eating from their own box of pizza, occasionally sipping on their coffee or hot chocolate.

The two of them turned to look at us and gave me a wide smile. I waved at the two of them before turning around to find daddy looking down at me with a soft smile on his face.

"Let's get going home kiddos." Austin said as he got in the passengers side of the car.

Daddy quickly helped me get in and buckled me up before closing the door and jogging over to the drivers side.

"I can't wait for our slumber party." Candace squealed excitedly.

"Me too. I've never been to a slumber party before." Max blushed slightly.

"It's okay Max, this is one of many." Bella reassured as she put an arm around his shoulders pulling him in to a side hug.

Once we got home, the three adults helped us all out of the car and carried everyone's overnight bags inside. Daddy told me to wait outside with him and help him with some of the bags while everyone else rushed inside.

I moved closer to the trunk to pick up a bag or two so daddy doesn't have to carry them all but was immediately caught of guard by daddy picking me up in one arm and covering my eyes with his other hand.

"Daddy we need to get the bags." I said confused as I tried moving his hand away from my eyes.

I could feel him walk away from the car and then put back down on the floor but his hand was still covering my eyes.

"Erm...daddy?" I called out and waited for a reasons.

"SURPRISE!" I heard everyone shout the second daddy moved his hand.

I jumped in surprise and looked around the living room absolutely shocked.

The coffee table that is usually in the centre of the room was replaced with a short yet long, white wooden table with blush pink cushions surrounding it. The table had a silky pink table cloth placed over it and decorated with flowers and little decorations. There was a set of plates and spoons and forks along with cute little swan napkins. There are a bunch of fairy lights surrounding the table and the room. I look up at the ceiling and saw a bunch of pink and white lanterns dangling. The far corner of our living room was completely transformed into a corner full of large blankets and pillows for our fort.

I looked up at all my friends, brothers and daddy with a wide grin on my face.

"THIS LOOKS SO PRETTY!" I squealed excitedly as I grinned at Elijah who was recording me.

"You like it?" Daddy asked with a cheeky grin as he crouched down next to me.

"I love it so much." I squealed as I wrapped my arms around his neck and squeezed him as tight as I could making him burst out laughing.

"This little set up is for dinner later on and for a tea party if you like. For now, you kids can build your fort or do whatever you want." Daddy told us as I rushed off to my friends.

We all made our way to the corner where all the pillows and blankets were and started on our fort. Austin put some music on for us as we got to work.

"Daddy can you get us some chairs please?" I asked as he came into the room with a bunch of caprisuns.

"How many do you need?" He asked with a chuckle as he made his way to the dinning room.

"Five please." I told him as Holly and I looked for the biggest blanket.

He soon came back with a chair in each hand and placed them down in front of us before disappearing back into the dinning room with three chairs this time.

"Woah! How did you carry all three?!" Max asked in awe.

"Because I'm strong. You'll be able to carry 3 chairs all by yourself when you get older too." He winked at him as Max looked at him with a wide grin.

"I can't wait to be big and strong so I can carry all the chairs for our forts." He said excitedly.

"Right kiddos, be careful and please don't hurt yourselves. If you need anymore help then ask one of us." Daddy told us before leaving the room once again.

Bella, Holly and Kade all sat down on a cushion and started drinking their caprisuns while Max, Candace, Noah and I pushed the chairs in place and carefully draped the largest blanket over it completely swallowing up the chairs.

"Now all we need to do is get the cushions and blankets inside." Candace said excitedly as she picked up two cushions and placed them inside.

Once our fort was all ready and pretty, Aiden and the guys all came in through the front door and into the living room completely shocked by all the decorations.

"I don't care if this is the girliest thing ever, but this looks so cool." Dean said as he admired all the decorations.

"The lanterns were my idea." Aiden said as he winked at me.

I've been obsessed with lanterns for the last month because of tangled. They look so beautiful and bright, especially when everyone in the kingdom released them. I always have a favourite Disney movie for the longest time, but I think tangled is my ultimate favourite!

"Let's play duck duck goose!" Holly said excitedly as the two of us immediately turned to the guys giving them a mischievous look.

"Only because it's your birthday carina." Alessandro grumbled as he sat on the floor.

"My names not Carina Aless, it's Everly."
I told him as I poked his arm.

"It means cutie in Italian." He chuckled as the rest of the guys sat down leaving space for us kids.

We all sat in a large circle and let Bella be the goose first.

After a couple rounds of duck duck goose, we heard the front door open once again.

"Now where is the birthday girl." I heard a familiar voice call from the front door.

"I'm here!" I squealed excitedly as I got up from the floor and ran to the front door where Athena was stood waiting with gift bags in her hands.

"Happy birthday baby girl." she said as she crouched in front of me and pulled me into a tight hug.

"Thanks Thena." I grinned as I kissed her cheek.

"Where's daddy?" She asked as she held my hand and walked into the living room.

"He went to pick up some things." Aiden said with a devilish look making both Athena and I roll our eyes at him.

"The decorations are so pretty." She complimented as she looked around the room.

"And who build this amazing fort? It looks so cool." She grinned as she walked over to the fort and admired it.

"It was all us." I said proudly as I sat next to my friends.

"Can I join too?" She pouted as we all nodded our heads.

"Your smelly daddy told me not to get you anything but I couldn't resist." She whispered as she sat next to me.

"Have I ever told you how much I love you?" I grinned as she burst out laughing.

"Right babe, how about we..." she started but was soon cut off by the ringing of the doorbell.

I gave Athena a confused look.

"We weren't expecting anybody." Aiden said with a confused look as he got up from the floor and headed towards the front door.

Athena and I both got up and followed him out of the living room to find Austin and Elijah both coming down the stairs.

Just as he opened the door, the door flew open and almost crashed into the wall if it wasn't for Aiden's fast reflexes. He held the door with his hand and looked at the woman standing at the door with wide eyes.

I looked around to see both Elijah and Austin sharing the same confused and shocked look as Aiden while Athena looked down at me with a confused look.

"Can we help you?" Athena asked noticing that the boys weren't going to say anything any time soon.

"And who might you be?" The woman asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I think I should be asking you that question considering you're the one that rang the doorbell." She said as she pushed me behind her back and narrowed her eyes at the woman.

"Where's Benjamin?" She asked making me even more confused. How does she know daddy?

"Get out!" Aiden said angrily as he narrowed his eyes at the woman. He looks like he hates her. He looks like he could literally kill her.

"That is no way to speak to your mother. Have you forgotten your manners?" The woman scoffed.

"I won't say it again. Get the hell out of my house Annabelle. If anything, you're dead to us!" He snarled hatefully as the woman gave him a shocked look.

"Aiden take your sister to the living room please." Athena told him softly as he clenched his jaw and picked me up, hiding me from the woman's view and took me back inside the living room before closing the door.

Everyone gave us a confused look, I was confused myself. What on earth just happened? She said she's Aiden's mommy, which makes her my mommy too. But why is she here. We don't need her here and we don't want her!

"A little birdie told me someone loves tangled." I heard Aless say with a grin on his face automatically making my mood switch from confused and upset to excited.

"Yeah! Let's watch tangled. I love that movie!" Dean said excitedly as he picked up the TV remote and clicked on Disney plus.

Once he set the movie up, us kids climbed into our fort and watched the movie from there, while Aiden and his friends sat on the couch talking quietly.

Ben's POV:

She's going to absolutely love the cake. Her obsession with tangled definitely helped considering how easily she changes her favourite show or movie. Her first birthday was celebrated with us 4 brothers and her sitting around a small chocolate cake, silently singing happy birthday because we couldn't afford to throw a party. Her second birthday was spent a slightly similar way but with decorations and a lot more people. Her third birthday was spent the same way. It's not like she cared about how big her party was at 1,2 and 3. However at 4, she became a diva! Probably the sweetest diva ever, but a diva nonetheless. She made sure to tell me that she wants a ladybug and cat noir theme for her birthday   it was hilarious seeing her act all grown up.

Now number 5. She didn't mention how she wanted her party, or a theme. She did however let me know what flavour her cake should be, and that it should be two tiers or else it won't be enough. Here comes in Aiden, he's been spending the most time with her the last month because of how busy we've all been. I know he rolls his eyes and groans whenever I tell him he needs to watch over her, but I know for a fact that he secretly loves it. He takes her with him everywhere he goes, willingly. We could all be home but he'll take her out with him just because she's the best company.

Anyway, Aiden let me know how much she's been loving tangled. She's been watching the movie all day everyday for god knows how long and I have no idea how she doesn't get bored of it. So I called Marina and told her the theme of the cake, the flavour and how many tiers it should have and let her work her magic.

The cake looks too good to eat. I don't think we should eat the cake because it looks fabulous. It looks too good.

Right enough of the waffling, I picked up the cake from the passenger seat along with the large box of brownies on top and locked my car door before heading inside.

The front door was wide open and I could hear a bunch of voices talking at the same time. What the hell is going on?

As I walked further down the driveway, I noticed a woman standing in the doorway with her back to me. What?!

"What's going on?" I asked as I stood in the doorway behind the woman.

She turned around and I felt all the air being knocked out of my lungs. What the hell is she doing here?! I thought I'd never see her again. We all did.

"Austin take these to the kitchen please." I told him with a clenched jaw as I tried my hardest not to lash out.

Athena gave me a worried look and Elijah looked as if he could rip Annabelle's head off.

"Benjamin, is this how you've been raising my children." She scoffed as she crossed her arms and glared at me.

"Don't you dare. Don't you fucking dare! I don't know who the fuck you think you are but we are not your children. You are nothing to us. That's how it's been the very second you walked out of us leaving us 4 boys with a newborn baby girl." I said harshly as I took a step towards her.

"Get the fuck out of my house and out of this state while you're at it. If I see you again, it won't be pretty." I said angrily as Athena held my arm reassuring me that she's there.

"I know I've been gone for 5 years, but you can't blame me Benjamin. He would've come back and tortured us again. I had to leave." She said as she wiped a tear.

"You could've taken us with you. We could've moved across the state, maybe even to a whole other country. But you decided to run away because you were scared. He's gone for good now, and that's no thanks to you." I said as she flinched away from my harsh tone.

"You're just like him." She hissed. Now that made me burst out laughing.

"If you seriously think you can just say that and get in my head and piss me off even more than I already am, then I think you are the mentally unstable one instead of your pathetic husband." I growled.

"Now leave, or I'll get Elijah to arrest you for trespassing." I threatened as she gave me a look of disbelief before glaring at the three of us and marching right back out.

"Go upstairs, cool off. We have 7 kids and 5 teenagers in that room. Two of them are your kids, they don't need to see their biggest support system angry and upset." Athena said softly as she kissed my cheek and walked back into the living room.

There's no way I'm ruining my little girls birthday either. 

"You good?" I asked Elijah who looked frozen to the spot.

"Honestly, I am. Just thought I'd never see her again." She chuckled as I pulled him into a hug.

"Neither did I." I heard Austin said as he wrapped his arms around us making the two of us burst out laughing.

"We're okay." I said.

"We're okay." They replied with a wide smile.

"I think it's time to sing happy birthday." I said with a wide grin as Austin and Elijah walked into the living room while I walked into the kitchen.

I put 5 candles in the cake and took it out of its box before grabbing a butter knife and headed to the living room. Don't question me, it's better to be safe than sorry. Especially in this family. One minute we'll be cutting the cake and the next minute someone's arm will be missing.

I opened the living room door to find everyone surround the fort where the kids were all inside watching the movie. Not even paying attention to the 5 teenagers and three adults sitting around them.

I brought the cake inside, and the TV was paused making all the kids groan.

"So that means no cake?" Elijah teased as all the kids immediately looked in my direction.

"THE CAKE LOOKS SO PRETTY!!!" She squealed excitedly as she immediately sat up straight with the rest of the kids doing the same thing.

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Everly, happy birthday to you." We all sang as I placed the cake down in front of her and watched as she closed her eyes and reopened them before blowing out the candles.

Pulling the candles out of the cake, I sat her down in my lap and helped her cut the cake. I fed her small piece and waited for her to do the same. Instead she wiped icing on my cheek and ate the piece she was going to feed me with a cheeky grin on her face.

"That's not very nice." I said mischievously as I brought my hands to her side and immediately started tickling her.

"Okay fine fine fine. Stoopppp." She giggled as a few tears left her eyes from all the laughing.

She picked up another piece and fed it to me as everyone awed.

"This one's for the books." Austin grinned as Athena picked up the cake and took it back into the kitchen to cut properly for everyone.

"Thena, if I get the biggest slice you'll be my favourite." Aiden shouted making Everly glare at him.

"I'm the birthday girl so I get the biggest. You can get second biggest though." She told him as she crawled back into the fort.

Everly's POV:

Athena soon came back with a large tray full of slices of cake and half a brownie on the side of each plate.

"We don't need 7 hyper kids high on sugar." She laughed as we all took a plate and immediately dug in.

"This is the best birthday ever." I said with a mouth full of cake.

"I'm glad baby." Daddy said as he kissed the side of my head before wiping icing on my face.

"Payback honey." He grinned as I giggled at his childish behaviour. I wouldn't have it any other way.

"I think it's time for presents." I grinned as I finished the last bite of my cake making everyone laugh.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

645 182 46
In the midst of overwhelming sorrow and isolation, Everly, a determined 17-year-old, sets out to rediscover her inner strength and identity. She stri...
5.5K 143 27
COMPLETED!!!! (Hint1)"I've always wanted a older brother, but as far as i know i don't have any older siblings." It is a little confusing but hang...
546K 7.7K 17
//Higest ranking: #4 in princess// #1 in kind// #2 in alone// ...
823K 18.5K 42
Enisha , a 3 year old who never saw the light of the sun ; never felt loved and never understood the meaning of family just because of someone's hat...