CC Word Stories

By RichardBunning

Stories of 200 words. More

The Roads of Extinction
April 1941, South-East of Al Bayda'
The Syntax of Sin Taxes
Sunshine Isn't Great Without Rain
Sheepdogs to Homo Roboticus
Steerage of Economy Class
The Old Geezers Stealing the Future
Betjeman's Norfolk Jewels
The End of the Branch Line
War With Drugs
Already a World Between
Apple Temptation
Symbolism of Fingernails
Fiction: The Strongest Medicine
Just Look at Our Menu
Time Sanctuary
Gallus of Gallus, Emperor Chicken
Sixty-Nine Years Since Copy's Last Rites
Shams Behind the Facades of Fame
Taxing Electronic Persons
The Angels and the Bees

Jasper Alone

27 2 0
By RichardBunning

I wasn't worried when they left. I'd plenty of water and biscuits, and they always returned before dark... they didn't! I was very scared being alone in the house. The night seemed to last forever. The noises are scary when it's empty.

It's such a relief the dawn has came, except there's no one to let me out. I know I'll wet the floor if I don't go walkies soon, but there's no point in barking for attention.

They've forgotten me or something terrible has happened. What am I to do? I try to think of any way of getting out. When I was a puppy I escaped through the upstairs bathroom window onto the roof, but then I was half my weight and bouncy. Jumping from the roof now could result in... I dread to think. But I can't stay here. My humans may need help.

Now upstairs I stare from the bathroom window, trying to pluck up courage...

Then I see them, climbing from a taxi. Both in bandages, but at least Susan is smiling as she looks up at me barking. I'm so happy, woops! I've wet myself.

Perhaps I'll be forgiven as this is the bathroom.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 36.9K 61
WATTYS WINNER When her fiancé ends up in a coma and his secret mistress, Halley, shows up, Mary feels like her world is falling apart. What she does...