Lost Luna

By XDeafening_SilenceX

Once a forgotten Omega, now the next Luna of the Blood Moon pack-Nova must uncover the secrets of her heritag... More

Season List for Lost Luna
Hello
COPYRIGHT PAGE
announcement ~ Wattpad Originals & YONDER
Readers Views
miserable
champagne
fall
coffee
mate
shift
leave
new
forest
doctor
friend
hard work
problems
afire
suspicion
breaking point
control
lonesome
transform
green
dance
blur
headache
dominance
bewilderment
hold
office
barren
lyra
whistle
sunset
BONUS ~ mate
nervous
shirt
traveller
a while
raw
BONUS ~ interest
BONUS ~ intervene
feeling
caged
quiet
BONUS ~ uncertain
rain
raven
ally
thoughts
cold
BONUS ~ care
warmth
story
brother
anger
revelation
phone call
gaia
takeover
plan
curious
sleep
BONUS ~ close
blood
goodbyes
pack
BONUS ~ protect
north
anxious
cowardly
fear
BONUS ~ unconsciousness
reality
stealth
attack
revenge
embrace
heal
consolation
safe
royal
serve
peaceful
tension
case
stranger
empathy
BONUS ~ pleasure 18+
reassurance
strong
death
BONUS ~ challenge
honour
BONUS ~ travels
grateful
thankful
morning
abilities
desire
BONUS ~ desire 18+
mated
happy
Sequel updates
New Cover!
the series continues

castle

137K 5.1K 774
By XDeafening_SilenceX

noun ~ a large building fortified against attack, typically containing thick walls and battlement towers

I was gently becoming aware of my surroundings again. I had at some point fallen deeply asleep to the warmth of Phoenix's touch. The sound and feel of the car coming to a stop slowly woke me from the peace.

I had been dreaming that I was running in wolf form, a small pup running beside me. It was strange and didn't make a lot of sense. We were running free, enjoying a game of chase.

I grumbled and shifted in my position, accidentally elbowing Phoenix in the process. I mumbled a sorry and forced myself into a sitting position, rubbing at my eyes. I still felt exhausted, my energy levels were too low for this.

Phoenix chuckled beside me and I turned to blink at him through hazy eyes. "You okay there, love?"

My stomach fluttered at the name, his cultured accent accentuated every sound. It made my own voice feel subpar, his whole presence of how he spoke and held himself still didn't fail to make me feel unworthy. But that was my brain, not the truth, so what people have been telling me...

"Sleepy," I muttered. "I had a dream..."

"A dream?" He mused.

I nodded and stifled a yawn. "What happened to the wolf pup?"

He frowned, looking behind me and out of the window. "When we were allowed through the border, we found it wandering. It was clearly spelled, cursed to not be able to leave... I managed to get it to settle after it tried to defend itself despite its broken limbs... he was frightfully skinny and badly injured... so we..."

"Ended his misery." I finished.

He nodded, grimacing before looking back at me. He scanned my expression but I gave a small smile and squeezed his arm. I accepted what he had to do, it made me feel relieved the pup wasn't being used anymore.

"It's okay. He didn't deserve that life." I cooed.

His large hand splayed across my back and rubbed a small circle into my spine. "You amaze me every day."

I blushed and scoffed at him, "You amaze me by becoming cheesier as time goes on."

He grinned, his eyes lighting with amusement. I knew he found pleasure in my teasing, especially since I had been bold enough to swipe at him.

He smoothed my hair down my back and gently pulled the bobble from the mess. I went to take it from him but he snatched it away before I could. He gestured for me to turn around and I gave him a look through squinted eyes before giving in to his demands.

With a huff, I turned in the leather seat and folded my arms in my lap. As his fingers ran through my hair I glanced out of the window. My breath caught at the view, the sun coming up lightened the landscape ahead.

Even through a tinted window and shadowed light, I could see the vibrant beauty of the land before me. Daffodils, clover and fresh yellow flowers littered a large field. Beyond stood half a dozen flower beds filled with all kinds of pink, yellow and blue flowers.

A cemented path weaves through the flowers, circling a large ten-foot-high water fountain. The statue in the middle appeared to be a woman in a long floaty dress, carved by well-crafted fingers. My brain twitched with the need to paint and the sensation of Phoenix finishing my hair was enough to have me clamber out of the vehicle.

I nearly forgot how high up I was but managed to stick the landing thanks to the step that protruded from the vehicle. I shut the door on a surprised Phoenix and glanced briefly at my reflection. My now plaited hair was wrapped into a bun at the top of my neck. I wasn't sure how he learnt to do that but it almost put my attempts at hair to shame. My dress was filthy and covered in blood and dirt much like the rest of me. The gauze on my wounds had seeped with blood and I winced at the tightness of my skin.

Shaking my head, I rounded the rear of the vehicle to take it all in.

The sunrise cast beautiful rays of light onto the dawn. The colours were so vibrant, and the smell of the morning dew had my toes curl in delight. My eyes traced the architecture of the garden greedily, taking in every small detail and carving into the cement work. Phoenix's door shutting had me glance to see him standing watching me with an amused smile.

"Have you even looked away from the flowers to see the damn castle?" A new voice laughed from behind me.

I saw Leo approaching from where his truck parked and frowned at him in confusion. Castle?

I slowly turned around and forced myself to follow the trailing of the path. It leads through more flowers until it landed in grand wide steps. Pillars held a humongous balcony above a wide front entrance. Trees and bushes surrounded the area in my peripheral vision. But that wasn't what caught my gaze. Trailing my eyes further, I felt my mouth open in awe as the entire front face of the building made it into my view.

Yellow and white brickwork stood out, with dark wooden centrepieces along some of the larger window frames. The smaller windows littered the entire rest of the walls, four stories high. Some were accentuated with more flower and herb boxes.

In the distance, three turrets stood, two joint together by balconies on the roof. Large spears with strange shapes on the point stood atop them, shining in the sunrise. Moss and ivy had crept up the walls, brightening up the old rendered brickwork. Golden emblems sat every three windows or so, a large one on the huge dark wood doors.

It radiated power, a certain twinkle in its appearance in the morning light.

A truly wonderful castle.

"You like it?" Phoenix's deep voice startled me out of my trance.

"It's amazing." I breathed. "I wish I had my art book."

I couldn't tear my gaze away but felt that he was staring at me.

"You can take photos on my phone, as many as you want."

"You brought your phone?" I wondered, turning to look at him in confusion.

He chuckled. "It's... borrowed."

I smirked at him but nodded with a laugh as he went back into the truck. I noticed he spoke gruffly to the driver before taking a mobile from the centre console. Once in my possession, I went to town on taking as many pictures as I could, commuting the true colour of the sunlight in my head despite the great camera phone.

"Shall we enter?" He mused.

I glanced to see my brothers and Sean behind me. He was staring off towards where the buses parked and I noticed Primrose was standing over with the women. Some people came around a corner and began to approach us. dressed in dark clothes I assumed they were maids of the castle.

They bowed before us, one standing ahead to speak.

"We have orders to escort the injured to the infirmary, Alpha Titan." She curtseyed.

"Very well." He nodded and they scurried towards Lyra near the buses.

'That was it?' Cel huffed.

I chuckled at her. He's an Alpha they're gonna listen no matter what.

She barked, purring obscene thoughts into my head. 'He can command me anytime.'

Celimene! I gasped.

I let her drift off with a wolfy chuckle and turned to face my group. I smiled at the three men behind me before looking up at Phoenix.

"Come, they are expecting us." He sighed.

© ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 2021 © XDeafening_SilenceX on W a t t p a d

His hand met the small of my back before he pushed me to follow his lead. We fell into a silence, Lyra falling into step with Sean. She left her Gamma behind to help keep an eye on the injured, along with many of the warriors. The rest stayed in the vehicles, waiting for further tasks.

We began to climb the large steps, making it halfway before the doors began to open. I swallowed nervously as they swung wide, two boys in similar dark attire to the women holding the doors open.

Blinking to focus through the sudden light change, my eyes found those of a man. Striking brown eyes stared back at me, aged and wise with secrets. His dark hair was tousled on his head, barely a few grey wires combing through the length. He had combed it back down his neck, much like Pollux.

The King.

His nose was sharp, his jaw firm and cheekbones prominent with a good-sized scar along his cheek. I glanced down at his attire to find him well dressed in a three-piece black suit and black tie. He was a slimmer build than I thought. Wolves were taught about werewolf history in school but due to not being allowed to attend, and being an outcast, I wasn't aware of what to expect. I was merely a naïve child in the world of history and biology.

I licked my lips as we came to a stop on the top step, Phoenix's hand moving to grip the top of my hip. He was staring hard at the man before us but I turned my attention to the woman beside the King.

Her dark red hair was tied into a puffed-up ball, no, ponytail. Her dark green eyes scanned over us, red-painted lips in a curious smile. Her skin was pale and covered in freckles. She too was thinly built, dressed in a deep purple floor-length gown. She kept her hands clasped in front of her, her whole aura screaming etiquette.

"King Edward, Queen Reine, a pleasure to make your acquaintance again. Thank you for accommodating all of us." Phoenix bowed.

My eyes widened as the others followed his lead and I dipped myself into a curtsy.

The King hummed, the scar on his cheek lifting as he began to smile. "Come in dear boy, you must be exhausted from the events."

He gestured for us to enter and we followed slowly as he leads us through the great hall. I looked around in awe. Two stories high the hall was covered in old pictures and ornaments that seemed decades old. Cream walls held the same golden emblem on them, and I came to realise why it seemed so familiar.

I glanced down at the ring on Phoenix's third finger on his left hand. The golden ring I saw at the party held the same emblem. A small golden crown with five spikes and a wavy outline that, to be fair, looked like a wiggly cloud.

Why did he have that ring?

"Did you make it head safe?"

"We did, good timing too."

Small talk makes me yip. Cel grunted, as the doors shut behind us. 

"Care to introduce me to your team?" The Queen chimed, her voice was as delicate as her face.

"Of course." Phoenix licked his lips, keeping his posture rigid and formal. "My Gamma Sean Williams, Gamma Leo James, Lycan Pollux Hala, Luna Lyra Johnson... and my mate Luna Nova James."

I noticed the hesitance at my title, wondering why he had chosen Luna instead of Lycan like my brother. Phoenix always had a cause for everything, everything for a reason. But he really needed to work on communicating these reasons, because I always get confused.

"You found your mate!" The Queen gasped. "Why didn't you let us know!"

"It's...complicated."

The Queen rolled her eyes, very un-ladylike. "Please! We are family, you have to tell me everything! I can't wait to meet you properly!"

Family?

Her eyes had turned to me then and I gave a shy smile under her sharp gaze. She scanned my whole appearance, coming to stop at the bloodied apparatus at my neck.

"What happened?" She gasped.

I heard Phoenix clench his teeth beside me. "She does not heal very well."

Again, leaving out my Lycan blood.

What was he up to?

"Oh, my dear! Well, go rest! You've had a long traumatic few days! My personal maid will show you, and your group their quarters! I shall have the others called upon to help your warriors." She gushed.

We politely accepted her thanks, and I was more than eager to get away from this. I wasn't a fan of the scrutiny, especially looking so ragged and filthy.

A small teenage girl came running to our side and with a polite goodbye, we let her lead us through the hallways.

•••
Hi everyone!
Quick update!

© ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 2021 © XDeafening_SilenceX on W a t t p a d

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.7K 3.5K 75
What if all your life you were told your future was bright? That you were perfect luna-to-be, that the boy you love should according to all signs be...
215K 10.4K 61
Shy bookworm Sophie liked her nice, quiet life - but her world is about to be rocked when her incredibly attractive Alpha, Malcolm drunkenly confesse...
5.5M 258K 69
"I'm a psycho at the bottom of the pack, and you're a warrior built to kill. Isn't it a weird mix?" He shrugs, a wicked grin plastered to his face. ...
212K 8K 60
[COMPLETED] BOOK ONE of the LACKING HUMANITY SERIES * * * In a cold and damped cell lies a young she-wolf whose life is controlled by scientists. All...