๐˜๐„๐‹๐‹๐Ž๐–, jackson avery

By nokaratekid

๐˜๐„๐‹๐‹๐Ž๐– | "stop smiling, pretty boy." ใ€‹ in which a girl falls for the pretty boy from the other hospita... More

'๐‘–๐‘ก ๐‘ค๐‘Ž๐‘  ๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘™ ๐‘ฆ๐‘’๐‘™๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘ค'
one
two
three
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen

four

8.4K 245 11
By nokaratekid

Season 6, Episode 7

'Give Peace a Chance'

____

Maeve and Lexie walk through the hospital, discussing the new scheuduling method Doctor Webber is introducing.

"You know, I hate when machines do my work, well except for my calculator, or google, but scheduling a schedule, that's bullshit. I mean I am not doing what a computer tells me to do. I don't like that a machine plans my whole freaking day, that's just stupid."

Lexie looks at her friend amused as she continues to ramble on about computers. "You sure that you're not just a control freak?"

Maeve looks at Lexie with furrowed brows. Actually thinking about what Lexie said. "I... I don't know, but I don't like computers knowing about my day, bad enough that they know my search history."

"Is it that bad?" Lexie raises amused an eyebrow. Maeve shrugs, eating a blueberry out of the small bag in her hand. "Probably. I mean I am a Doctor, but that doesn't mean that I'm not stupid."

Lexie shakes her head chuckling, before both girls stop infront of the M.R.I. scanning room, holding Derek Shepherd, Mark Sloan, Arizona Robbins, Cristina Yang, and Callie Torres inside. "Seems like we're missing out on something." Maeve mumbles, looking at Lexie. The two girls look at each other, before entering the room.

"Hey, what's everyone... oh, a spinal tumor." Lexie greets them before looking at the spinal tumor scans, with a wide smile. Maeve walks closer to her looking over her shoulder, her eyes widen at the size of the tumor, as Lexie continues. "I read about a case at mayo where the surgery took 17 hours. The head surgeon had four rotating assistans, one of whom just administered fluids."

"Wicked." Maeve smiles at Lexie's words, excitement building up in her.

Cristina interrupts her. "Okay, you know what? Don't try and Lexopedia your way on this. This is my tumor."

"What happened to the patient at mayo?" Arizona throws in. Lexie sighs, before answering. "He died. That's why it only took 17 hours."

Maeve looks back to the scans of the tumor, throwing a few blueberries in her mouth, when Owen walks in behind her.

"Hey, I just heard. Isaac has an inoperable tumor?" Maeve chockes on her blueberries, looking from the scan over to Owen, before meeting Lexie's eyes, who looks just as shocked. "It's Isaacs tumor?"

"Oh, damn" Maeve adds, after calming down from her coughing fit.

"Oh, yeah, yeah. Boo-hoo, okay." Cristina interrupts. "Who says it's inoperable?"

Derek stops her, pointing at the screen to see Isaac's upcoming scans. "Cristina."

"Oh, come on. It's all the way up to t-2." Callie exclaims.

"See, this is why I got into plastics."

"Oh, that's gotta be it..."

Richard Webber enters the room, looking at the surgeons with a frown. "Why aren't you all at your surgeries? Go get to your O.R's. Don't screw with my schedule on day one."

____

"Microsurgery is about presicion." Derek starts, having paged the residents to compete to get in, on Isaac's surgery. Maeve watches him from beside Cristina, her glance moving between the neurosurgeon and the microscope next to him. 

"The microscope changes perspective radically. Hand-eye coordination required can be learned, but right now, I need naturals. Each one of you will get a chance to guide this pen through the hole in the cup." Derek looks through the microscope down at the cup placed at the end of the microscope, carefully guiding the pen through the hole in the cup onto the bill below.

"The person who makes a mark closest to the president's nose and doesnt hit the side of the cup gets to scrub in." Derek hold up the one dollar note, with a red dot exactly on the nose of George Washington.

Maeve smiles widely, already feeling her competitive side coming out. "Who wants to go first?" Derek asks and all hands raise simustainisly.

Derek nods at Steve, who then walks up to the microscope, positining the cup and bill. "Take your time." Derek says.

Cristina walks forward, taking the seat Steve sat on, Maeve standing behind her, watching Steve, who slowly let's the pen coming down to the cup, but misses it, by quite a lot.

"Do-over?" Steve asks, but Derek shakes his head. "No do-overs."

In front of Maeve, Cristina claps sarcastically."Way to go, Two."

Next up is Reed, she adjusts the microscope to her height, and grabs the pen, carefully guiding it to the hole, but fails as well.

The next few people are doing not a much better job, no one makes it inside the cup. Cristina seems to love watching everyone fail, while Maeve chuckles at her. "How'd you get into this program?" Cristina questions one of the failing residents.

Maeve leans down to Cristina, whispering. "Don't fall off your high horse."

Cristina turns around, looking at Maeve confused. "What?"

"You're gonna hurt yourself, Yang, especially when you fall. Uhh, it's gonna be so embarissing when you fail." Maeve smirks at Cristina.

"Oh, but I am not gonna fail, pretty girl, I'm gonna beat all of you." Cristina puts her arms behind her head, smirking up at Maeve in confidence.

"Simmons, you're up." Derek calls out. Maeve and Cristina look at him, a smile on the blondes face, while Cristina pushes her foward, smirking at her.

Smiling at him, the blonde walks over to the microscope, adjusting it, before looking inside. Maeve carefully grabs the pen, adjusting her stance a bit, to get a better look, before guiding the pen inside the cup, hitting the side of Washington's nose.

Maeve looks up a proud look on her face. Derek walks forward, lifting the cup off the bill, before holding it up, smiling at her. Maeve looks at Cristina, smirking, wiggiling her eyebrows, while Derek pats her back. "See, that's how you do it, people. Let's see if anyone can do better. Good job, Maeve."

The blondes looks at him, smiling before walking back to her spot behind Cristina. "Baboom." Maeve whispers to her, while Cristina rolls her eyes.

A few others walk up after her, all failing terribly.

Jackson walks up behind her. "Wanna bet, that I'm gonna beat you?"

Maeve furrows her brows looking over her shoulder, meeting Jackson's bright eyes. The man standing just a steps behind her, leaving not a lot of space. "I doubt it."

"Twenty bucks." Jackson smirks at her, before walking forward.

Jackson meets Maeve's eyes one time, before looking through the microscope, at the cup and bill. He lifts the pen, carefully putting it in the hole, hitting the dollar bill. Derek smiles at him. "Nicely done." Jackson holds up the bill, looking at Derek smiling, before his eyes wander to Maeve, a proud look on his face. "If somebody improves on that, or Simmons', I'll be out of a job." Derek adds.

Cristina gets up from her chair, and Maeve takes her seat, as the Korean woman walks forward. "Well, I guess you might need to retire, then."

Maeve rolls her eyes at Cristina's words, smiling to herself. Feeling eyes on her, she turns around, meeting green eyes, whose owner smirks at her widely. Maeve furrows her brows, before turning back, watching her friend.

Cristina adjusts the microscope, before setting the pen slowly down, hitting the edge of the cup. Maeve cringed at the awkward tension that sets in the room after that.

"Okay." Derek starts. "Okay, Dr. Avery, Dr. Simmons, you'll be scrubbing in." Annouces the attending, before leaving the room, residents quickly follow.

Maeve looks at Jackson, once more. Meeting her eyes, Jackson grins widely, showing his perfect white teeth. Maeve replies with a tight smile, not sure how to feel, about scrubbing in with Jackson on such a big surgery. The blonde shakes her head, looking over at Cristina, who looks shocked at the cup, not believing that she missed it. Maeve sighs, before walking up to her, pulling the pen from her grasp, and guiding her out of the room. "Come on."

____

Jackson, Lexie, Derek, Maeve, and a man Maeve doesn't know, lead a gurney holding Isaac through the hospital.

Maeve walks behind Lexie, looking at her friend confused every once in a while, hearing her rustle, while Lexie pulls on her scrub bottoms. Jackson, throws Lexie questioning glances as well, before looking at Maeve as if she has an answer, but she just shrugs, just as confused as he is.

"Anybody opens their mouth and they're fired." Derek warns, as they stop at a pair of doors, leading to the surgery board, where Dr. Webber currently stands, a bunch of people surrounding him. The Neurosurgeon looks at Isaac. "You too." Then they continue their journey through the doors.

Dr. Webber stops them before they could pass him. "Oh, Dr. Shepherd, I was just describing our new schedule to some of our board members."

Webber looks down at his clip board, putting on his glasses. "This must be, Mrs. Taylor. She undergoing a crainotomy."

"It's Mr. Taylor, chief." Derek tells him.

"We're, uh, still working on a few kinks, clearly." Webber says nervously, looking at the board members.

"We should go. Keep the trains running on time. Nice meeting you all." Derek says, leading the group with the gurney away from Webber and the board members.

____

"One hour, thirteen minutes on the surgical clock." A nurse announces.

Jackson and Derek stand opposite each other over microscopes, looking into Isaac's body. Maeve and Lexie stand on each side of Jackson, watching them work.

"The dura's opened." Derke announces. "Let's get our first look at the tumor."

"Wow, that's..." Jackson whispers.

"The vessels are more intricate than the M.R.I showed. There's no way I can get the tumor out without rupturing one and killing the cord."

"So, uh, what do we do?" Jackson asks. "I think if we start at T-2, I could avoid hitting the feeding vessels, so maybe I should go lower."

Jackson, Lexie and Maeve share a look, before concentrating, back on the rambeling Derek. "Okay, there's less vascularity around T-7, so that does seem better, no?"

"It does seem better. And he'd only get function loss below the chest." Jackson answers him.

"But, I run the risk of rupturing the anterior spinal artery there." Derek continues.

This time Lexie answers. "Probably. The tumor tapers off there."

"Higher is better, maybe." Derek continues talking to himself, completely ignoring, Lexie and Jackson. "Either way I risk sending him into thermodynamic collapse."

"Guys." Meave whispers to Jackson and Lexie catching their attention, after seeing their confused glances. "I think he's talking to himself." Jackson and Lexie nod, slowly coming to the same realisation.

"T-2 shows less potential for bleeding, at T-3 the vessels have... increased." Derek continues. "If I clip the draining veins without getting the feeders, they'll burst-"

"Dr. Shepherd, I really think it's time for you to take a break. It's been over eight hours." Lexie interrupts Derek. Maeve throws a quick glance at the clock seeing the eight hour mark being passed, without one cut being made in Isaac, except for the one that opened his body.

Jackson and Maeve both move their glance over to Lexie, but Derek just continues with his thoughts.

"Dr. Shepherd." Lexie starts again.

"Dude, if you need a break, just take a break." Jackson interrupts Lexie, not moving his glance from the microscope.

"Please." Lexie starts. "I don't need a break. I'm hardcore."

Jackson looks at her suspicious. "Are you wearing a diaper?"

Maeve's eyes widen, as she too looks at Lexie, turning her eyes from the screen of the tumor. "You're waering a diaper? Why are you wearing a diaper?"

"Shut up." Lexie whispers to the both of them, not wanting anyone else to know about her wearing a diaper, before turning back to Derek. "At least bend your legs."

"You can't bring yourself to use it, can you?" Jackson asks smirking.

"Shut up!" Derek suddently shouts. "Shut the hell up. Grey, I don't need a break. If you do, take one. Either of you open your mouths again, you're out of the O.R."

Maeve nods, slightly scared by Derek's sudden outburst. Lexie nods shortly, before leaving. "Bathroom break." Lexie says when she opens the door, practically running into Dr. Bailey. 

Walking into the room, Bailey looks at Derek suspiciously. "Um, Doctor Shepherd?"

"What?!" Derek exclaims, looking up from the microscope, not having realised that he was talking to Bailey.

"Okay. I'm sure this is a completly authorized surgery, but I thought you might like to know that the chief is scheduled to do a surgery across the hall in O.R. three shortly. So if you're planning on doing something, anything, you might want to do it soon." Bailey explaines.

Maeve and Jackson look at Derek curious for his reaction. Derek nods at Bailey, before calmly answering. "Thank you Dr. Bailey."

____

After Dr. Webber has shut down Derek's surgery on Isaac, Maeve walks into the hospital the next morning, in a mood. Not really, because of the spinal cord tumor surgery, but more because of the coffee she has forgotten to make, because she was already running late in the morning. As well, as the lack of sleep.

Maeve had a pretty much sleepless night, and not because of some one night stand, but because she lives in Meredith's house. So, when Derek decided to draw Isaac's tumor on the wall, and to try and find solutions, he came up with the idea to wake Maeve to help, because she is on the case as well. So Maeve sat on Meredith's bed, at one in the morning, thrown out of her sleep by Derek, with the couple-- which felt weird, if she is honest-- coming up with possible solutions for Isaac. Including Derek's new try of convincing the chief to let him operate again on Isaac, telling or more lying to him that he'll just cut the cord, which Derek obviously won't do.

The blonde quickly changes into her scrubs, before walking out of the locker room, towards a nurse's station, picking up a chart, belonging to one of her patients. Maeve leans against the station, the chart in front of her, when a coffee cup is placed next to the chart, on the counter.

Maeve looks at the cup, before looking at the person that has put it on the counter. Jackson brightly smiles at her, one hand in his lab coat, the other holding another cup of coffee, which he takes a sip of.

"What, what is this?" Maeve asks confused, pointing at the coffee cup on the counter.

Jackson chuckles quietly, before answering. "I got you coffee."

Maeve nods slowly. "I can see that, but why?"

"Look at it as some sort of peace offering." Jackspn shrugs, still smiling at the blonde.

"I didn't know we were at war." Maeve replies with raised eybrows, looking down at the cup suspiciously, and then back at Jackson.

Jackson chuckles. "First of all, don't worry I didn't do anything to the coffee. And secondly, I am pretty certain that you hate me, so I brought you coffee, so maybe you hate me less."

"Okay, I don't hate you Avery," Jackson's smile brightens a bit. "I just don't paticulary enjoy your presence." teases Maeve smirking.

Maeve puts the chart back, taking the coffee from the counter. She walks a few steps, before turning back around one more time to look at him. "Oh, and if you should have put something in the coffee, be warned, I know people." Then she walks away.

Jackson frown at that, but shakes his head, quickly walking away as well.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 50 9
๐—œ๐—ป ๐—ช๐—›๐—œ๐—–๐—› ๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—น๐—น๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ต๐—ผ๐—น๐—ฒ ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐˜. ๐—ข๐—ฅ ๐—•๐—ฒ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ถ๐—ฒ ๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜† ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ฑ ๐—ป...
23.9K 511 45
แดกสœแด‡ส€แด‡ สœแด€ษดษดแด€สœ แดแดษดแด›ษขแดแดแด‡ส€ส ษขแดแด› สœแด‡ส€ สœแด‡แด€ส€แด›ส™ส€แดแด‹แด‡ษด ส™ส แดแด€ส€แด‹ ๊œฑสŸแดแด€ษด แด€ษดแด… สœแด‡ส€ แดแดกษด แดแดแด›สœแด‡ส€ แดแด€x สŸแด‡๊œฐแด› ษดแด‡แดก สแดส€แด‹ ๊œฐแดส€ แด€ ษดแด‡แดก ๊œฑแด›แด€ส€แด› แดกสœแด‡ส€แด‡ สœแด€ษดษดแด€สœ แดแด‡แด› แด€สŸแด‡x แด‹แด€ส€แด‡แด  แด€ษดแด… ๊œฐแดแดœษดแด…...
6.6K 267 35
*EDITED* sequel to "always enough" when news comes that novella grace develops leukemia, cristina and owen must find a way to care for their child wi...
23.1K 559 28
-๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ ๐’๐ก๐ž ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ž๐ฏ๐ข๐ฅ ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐š๐ฐ๐ง๐ฌ ๐ฌ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ž๐‘ ๐€๐ง๐ง๐š ๐Š๐š๐ซ๐ž๐ฏ ๐š๐ซ๐ซ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž๐ฌ ๐ข๐ง ๐’๐ž๐š๐ญ๏ฟฝ...