One Fateful Night (ON GOING)

By i_cecream

Gulf, drunk out of his wits, had a one night stand with a complete stranger. However, as much as he wants to... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
NOTICE
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42 🔞
Chapter 43

Chapter 27

2.6K 177 87
By i_cecream

After Mew’s task, he carries Gulf back to the living room and sits him on the couch, both uncaring the curious eyes on them.

“If you need anything, call me. No standing. No limpi—”

Gulf cuts in with a sigh. “Just sitting, okay. I get it.”

Mew shots the younger a look. “You said that earlier.”

Gulf purses his lips in a pout and Mew can only shake his head with a smile as he goes back upstairs oblivious to the two pairs of eyes.

“Well?” Mild asks and although Bright stays silent, his eyes spark with questions too.

Only then Gulf realized the two sets of eyes peering at him. “Well, what?”

“Um, you look married,” Mild finally utters as he munches on a piece of pizza.

Gulf tilts his head on a side as if asking Mild to clarify what he just said and his friend for years, of course, is able to read him.

“I mean, married married.”

Gulf chuckles hearing his friend’s words. “You really sound stupid most of the times.”

Mild raises a brow as he smirks. “This stupid has eyes, my friend.” He then turns to Bright who has been silent the whole time. “What do you say?”

“Huh?”

Mild shots his other friend a look, confused. “Are you high after winning straight, dude?”

Bright only shrugs, unsure what to say. “Well, you get along,” he remarks eyeing Gulf.

Bright can’t possibly word out his thoughts or maybe he doesn’t have one at the moment. All he knows is everything seems different. Gulf is acting different. Above all, he doesn’t know why he feels off seeing this current Gulf right now.

Gulf has always been Brigh’s best friend; he knows him all throughout, and these…whatever that has changed, he doesn’t know if he likes it. He feels left out.

Mild plasters a teasing grin as he hums in delight. “Right. They get along a little too much.”

Gulf rolls his eyes. “We’re friends so I think that’s given.”

Mild returns the gesture with his usual sass. “We’re the friends,” he emphasizes pointing himself and Bright. “That…” he points the stairs as if recalling what he saw earlier “…being carried and stuff is just different.”

Gulf crosses his arms as he squints his eyes to his friend. “How about I cut your sole now? So, I can take care of you, too.”

Mild laughs as he raises his hands in surrender. “Whatever helps you sleep at night.”

However, Mild knows. He sees something in the two. And he noticed changes in Gulf too. Although, he’s not quite sure what it is about, because it could be his friend’s condition. And although he can’t voice it out yet, his intuition is telling him otherwise

Then, the three decide to proceed to their movie marathon, they haven’t done it in a while too. They are at it for an hour, but Mild being the usual chatterbox, who loves to spoil accidentally, as he claims, so Bright constantly reminds Mild to shut up.

Gulf watches quietly on the screen and from time to time to his friends. He just feels glad to be accepted and most of all, being with them like the usual.

While watching the movie, Gulf mouth waters upon seeing the character munching an apple. And although, it is not how his apple must be eaten, he wants an apple.

Upon locating his phone, he hastily calls Mew’s contact as his eyes never break from the screen. After two rings, the line picks up.

“P’Mew, I want apples,” Gulf simply mutters and cuts the call without waiting for Mew to speak a word as he can’t tear his eyes off the screen.

Mild, who heard his friend, can’t help but gape. “Dude, you can just call the housekeeper.”

“Not a chance,” Gulf replies grumpily. He wants apples and his impatience these days is not really his good trait.

Mild watches his friend wondering what has gotten to Gulf all of a sudden. He knows that his friend is pregnant but he doesn’t really know much about the condition so he is confused. Are pregnant people weird?

Seconds later, Mew’s figure descends from the stairs and proceeds to the kitchen.

Bright and Mild simply follows the figure with their eyes because Gulf’s eyes are on the screen like the guy is about to get those apple out on the device if only possible.

“Wow. Are you bossing your husband now?” Mild comments when Mew’s figure is out of his sight.

“Shut up.”

Mild eyes Bright as if trying to understand what’s going on but Bright can only shrug because he also doesn’t know what is it with Gulf and apples at the moment.

Mild is ready to fire his mouth and ridicule Gulf the moment Mew placed a small plate with slices of apples arranged like petals and an extra amount of bloody ketchup right in the middle. He can bet it really looks like a flower from a distance.

However, before Mild can do so, which he doesn’t know yet that such act is like digging his own grave, Mew signals him with his eyes and by shaking his head. And thankfully, Mild is able to catch it on time.

“Well…um, that’s creative,” Mild remarks in general instead of running his mouth.

Gulf, on the other hand, directly attacks the plate as his eyes scream with delight.

Staring at the younger, Mew sighs and smiles fondly. “Yeah, he won’t eat it unless it’s like that.”

Gulf frowns, his eyes intact on the apples. “Are you complaining at me right now, Phi?”

“Of course not,” Mew replies hurriedly and laughs nervously. He reminds himself again not to mess with pregnant Gulf. Actually, that’s what he has been doing these days. Gulf’s mood has been shifting so dangerously these past few days.

Mild and Bright only observe the interaction, careful not to make a mess of themselves of such unfamiliar situation. Both guys are not sure how to handle their friend at the moment and they seem to pick up things from Gulf’s threatening tone and Mew’s nervous chuckle.

After Mew granted Gulf’s request, he goes back to his study. However, after thirty minutes, he is called again by the younger.

“Phi, I want mangoes.”

Mew, knowing so well that he will be met with tears if Gulf’s requests are not complied, immediately jogs his way downstairs, to personally prepare Gulf’s cravings again.

And when Mew has served the fruit, Bright and Mild are able to see what kind of fruit Gulf requested, they sure didn’t expect to witness slices of mangoes swimming in a puddle of ketchup and nutella. They can’t help but grimace from the sight. Their friend is indeed pregnant.

“Phi, why did you only prepare this little?” Gulf asks ogling on the prepared fruit. “I know you don’t like it but they might.”

Mew wants to laughs seeing Gulf’s friends shocked and literally grimacing from Gulf’s words. He feels thankful that Gulf’s sole focus is on the food or Gulf’s two friends might hear words from his dear spouse.

“Yai nong, I haven’t restock the mangoes yet,” Mew lies to save the humanity. “So that’s the last.”

Mew finally lets out a chuckle seeing relief flashes on the two guy’s faces.

“Are you making fun of my food?” Gulf finally looks up at the older.

Oh no. Mew zips his mouth in an instant as he tries to think.

“No, nong. I, um, remember the movie I’m watching and I, uh, need to go and finish it,” the older says as he is about to turn to leave.

Mew never knew thinking of an alibi in front of a pregnant person is nerve wracking.

Gulf’s brows knit. “I invited you to watch a movie with us earlier and you’re watching a movie alone?”

Mew laughs nervously. Damn. “Not a movie, yai nong. It’s, um, a short clip my, um, employee mistakenly sent so, yeah, I watched it.”

Mew grins as he reaches Gulf’s forehead with his thumb to flatten the frown. “I need to finish my work. Call me if you need anything.”

Mew finally turns his heels to leave as he releases a deep breath of relief. Safe at last! Why does he feel like he has been interrogated like a criminal that needs alibi?  He feels like breaking cold sweats suddenly. He can only shake his head as he finds the scenario perilously amusing.

Bright’s and Mild’s eyes follow from their friend who is already busy devouring those mangoes to Mew’s hurried steps, climbing the stairs, and back and forth.

“Did you just…roast him?” Mild asks when Mew’s figure is out of his sight.

“Huh? I just asked him.” Gulf shrugs.

Mild and Bright exchange looks, and when Bright shakes his head, Mild nods.

“Sure,” Mild simply utters dismissing it completely.

Mild has learned from Mew to keep his mouth shut. Pregnant Gulf is unpredictable as hell and he doesn’t want to taste its wrath.

“You guys can stay over dinner,” Mew interrupts the three people who are busy watching on the screen.

Mew comes down when he saw that it’s time for him to prepare dinner.

“Oh no, Phi. It’s okay, we’re about to head out after this,” Mild reasons.

Gulf pouts in protest. “Can you stay?”

Mild blinks a few times before he bursts into laughter. “Ohoo, you pout, man!”

Gulf glares at his friend. So Mild simply turns to Bright for asking for help.

“I don’t mind,” Bright says with a shrug.

Bright doesn’t really like to be there in one room with Mew, but he can act civil for Gulf because as much as he hates to admit it, Mew’s words are stuck on his head because the older’s words are right.

“Settled. We will have dinner here,” Mild beams.

Mew smiles hearing Mild before he turns to Gulf. “Nong, what do you want for dinner?”

“Anything you want, Phi.”

Mew wants to retort but he knew better. He can only shake his head with the glint of amusement in his eyes.

Gulf goes back to screen when Mew’s walks towards the kitchen.

After some time, Gulf has had enough, he wants to check on the older. He feels bad for imposing because Mew has to cook for dinner at the same time, he wants it that way, it’s complicated.

And Gulf feels like Mew has some kind of a third eye therefore it’s better to be safe than sorry. So he asks his friend instead of acting on his own.

“Uh, Mild, can you move that wheelchair here?”

“Where are you going?” Mild inquires tearing his eyes off the screen to his friend.

“Kitchen,” Gulf replies gesturing for the wheelchair. “I’m gonna check on P’Mew.”

“Why is he in the kitchen?” Mild stands to move the equipment nearer to Gulf.

“Because he’s cooking?”

Mild gasps, alarmed. “Why is he cooking?”

“Because he can?”

Mild doesn’t know if Gulf is rubbing shit on him or his friend is just simply trying to be an ass or maybe both. But he knew that, again, his friend is pregnant.

But at the end, Mild can’t still hold his mouth. “You dumbass, I mean why? When you have a househelp.”

“Oh.” Gulf blinks at his friend when he realized the question. “I can’t eat other’s cooking’s food. I vomit whenever I do...” he explains sheepishly. It has been their natural set-up for months that’s why he didn’t catch Mild’s query immediately.

“What?!” Mild exclaims clearly not understanding a thing.

Gulf’s words also catch Bright’s attention but the guy remains quiet.

“Your stupid brain can’t understand, I’ll check on him,” Gulf says as he wheels his way to the kitchen—something he still finds ridiculous.

Mew chuckles seeing the younger on wheelchair. He can finally understand why Gulf is being shy earlier in the hospital. He looks too fine to be sitting on a wheelchair.

“Why are you here, Nong?” Mew asks as he goes back to his cooking, back facing the younger.

“Checking on you,” Gulf replies as he scans the kitchen.

Mew chuckles, feeling warm from the younger’s words. “That’s sweet of you but I’m good here. You can go back to them.”

“Where’s auntie?”

“I sent her back already,” Mew replies, finishing the second dish.

“Then, I wanna help,” Gulf offers pointing on the vegetables. “I can slice those.”

“No. You stay still there.” Mew turns to eye the younger. “You might cut yourself.”

“P’Mew…” Gulf says in a warning tone.

Mew sighs. He can’t really win against Gulf like this, huh? Since when did he become like this? He can only inwardly shake his head.

“Okay, but please be careful.”

Gulf tried to help cooking once and he almost cut his fingers, good thing it didn’t bleed but Mew went all panicky.

“Wait, let me sit you on the stool.” Mew wipes his hands as he goes to the younger.

Mew lifts the younger effortlessly and settles him on the stool much to Gulf’s delight because the older gave him consent to help.

The dinner goes by rather smoothly than anyone expected.

And Bright and Mild can’t help but notice the subtle way of Mew caring for their friend here and there.

Mew filling Gulf’s plate.

Mew wiping crumbs on Gulf’s mouth.

Mew urging Gulf to eat this and that.

And surprisingly their friend, Gulf, whom they knew or maybe used to know as someone highly independent, follows like a good kid, completely unbothered like it is the most common thing in the world.

As much as Bright is having a quite conflicted time dealing with what he is seeing, Mild on the other hand, can’t help but be delighted with Gulf’s changes. Mild watches the two like he is picturing a real couple because indeed they look more real than any other couples around.

When it’s time for the two guests to go, Gulf sends them to the door as Mew remains to clean the kitchen.

Gulf noticed Bright’s silence from here and there for the entire time. His best friend is not a chatterbox but he is not quiet either. Therefore, Bright being a little quiet today looks a little off to Gulf.

“Bright…” Gulf pokes Bright’s shoulder when Mild goes ahead because the man received another important call.
“Hmm?” Bright turns to his best friend. The friend he knew all his life.

“We’re cool…right?” Gulf questions, a little unsure and a little scared of the other’s response.

Bright grins as he ruffles Gulf’s hair. “Of course, you practice more, you still suck playing games.”

When Bright walks away, Gulf can’t help but sigh. He can see sadness on his best friend’s eyes even if he smiled at him. He wants to probe but he feels guilty to do so at the moment when they just settled things because of him hiding things from Bright. He inhales deep as he closes the door.

On that visit, Mild and Bright left having a newfound discovery. As much as Mild feels surprised how things have turned out and how Gulf has changed, he feels like this is going to something good. And he feels happy watching his friend being taken care of, almost too well if he will be asked.

However, Bright has his different thoughts as he tread the way to the lift. Seeing his best friend, acting such a way with another person who is not himself is giving him a conflicted feeling and he has been feeling it every time Gulf interacts with Mew.

Gulf seems to be so comfortable…and open…and he can’t remember his childhood friend being like that for all the time he has known him. Gulf is independent. Timid at first but on guard. He has walls. And Bright can’t seem to see those walls earlier whenever Gulf is with Mew.

Bright doesn’t know how to feel. He is even expecting his best friend to act differently, awkward maybe, because that’s the Gulf that he knows. What has changed his friend? Isn’t it enough that Mew has ruined Gulf’s life? Mew has to really go and change his friend, too? Or is it himself? Bright battles his thoughts as he gets lost in a slow motion of the elevator.

Meanwhile, when Mew is done with the chore he goes back to the living room to take Gulf to their room. The older smiles seeing an empty mug of milk on the table, he then picks the mug and is about to head back to the kitchen when a hand tugs the hem of his shirt.

“Phi…”

“Hmm?” Mew turns to look down on the hand of his shirt then to the owner of the hand. And Mew wants to coo seeing Gulf’s reddening face, looking all shy, as the younger tries to look anywhere but him. He wonders what is going in Gulf’s pretty little head again.

Gulf swallows the embarrassment, head hung, his eyes fall on his lap. “You didn’t…w-we didn’t h-hug today,” he stutters in a small voice as he finally lets go of the older’s shirt and fidgets his fingers.

Meanwhile, Mew almost lost a hold of the mug on his hand. He stares at the younger for a few seconds as he savors the funny feeling in his stomach. Why does Gulf need to act like this? The older feels so unguarded by such approach, he literally feels like the air is knocked out in his lungs.

Gulf, on the other hand, can feel the full burn on his face. He can feel the older’s eyes on him but as much as he wants to bluff it off and take his words back, he also doesn’t want to. He wants it now.

And what if Mew really forgot to hug him for today? It won’t be fair. He didn’t even realize how the session became something he looks forward to everyday. It gives him a good feeling and he seems addicted to that feeling.

The younger’s anxiety doubles when he feels the dip on the couch beside him. He is already expecting the older to laugh at him but he can take it. He will. He wants hugs this bad, he feels like crying.

Sensing the younger’s discomfort, Mew holds Gulf’s chin with his hand and he raises the younger’s head and to make it look at him, in the eye. And the desperation in those bambi eyes makes Mew almost forget how to breathe in an instant.

“What I am going to do with you, huh?” Mew smiles fondly, caressing Gulf’s chin with his thumb. “Come here,” he adds before he helps the younger arranges himself on the couch.

Mew moves to the edge of the couch to make room for the younger to be comfortable. He can’t let the younger stand so this the only way. Mew guides the younger to lean on his body as Mew leans on the edge of the couch.

And finally, Mew envelops the younger with his arms and Mew feels proud when he sense how the younger quickly relaxes on his chest, as Gulf loosely circles the older’s waist with his one arm.

They are basically cuddling. And Gulf is basically laying half of his body on the older, but Mew doesn’t care about it. He feels ecstatic about bringing the younger comfort. He settles his chin on the younger’s head as he gently rubs the younger’s back.

They settle in a warm and comfortable silence.

Mew doesn’t want to talk for he knew that Gulf must be drained, he hasn’t taken his nap earlier. So, he remains quiet savoring the sweet scent and warmth coming from the slim figure on him. Only to hear a purring sound of the younger and Mew then knows that the younger has fallen asleep. He can’t help but chuckle on his own as he unconsciously tighten his hold of the other, afraid to miss the warm, to let go.

And only if Mew can see his own eyes on that moment, he can definitely see how his eyes brim with euphoria.

***
To be continued…

VOTE and COMMENT :)

Euphoria~ Wow. I miss wattpad. I miss writing. I miss MewGulf. :3

Thank you for supporting this story, na! Your votes and comments always mean a lot. :) I might not be around in most days, but I’m really trying to update. Something’s added on my plate again, so that’s why hihi.

Anyways, keep on fighting everyone! It’s me vs me. Not anyone else. Walk your own pace. :) See you soonest! xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 4.4K 76
A MewGulf fanfiction. A story of two lost souls who are brought together by a messed up situation. Or would it be better to say brought together by f...
43.9K 2.2K 13
"I loved you. From the moment my eyes fell on you." "I know. Me too." "Really? Is that even true... I don't even know if to believe you anymore," he...
206K 9.9K 37
Type despises Tharn ever since he was born since there was a century long blood feud between their families. soon, they would takeover as the CEO of...
213K 11.5K 43
(Completed ✔) Tharntype the series!! A ๓ēຟງนlf fanfiction "You just now are thinking that we're meant to be?" "No," Mew whispered. "It's just, the wo...