The fallen slayer

By KnyNovel

In the final battle against Muzan, Tanjiro had put his life on the line for his comrades and the innocents. I... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
The end
Bonus

Chapter 21

1.3K 32 22
By KnyNovel

Chapter 21: The battle of the wild west

On the west side of Japan, its the last one out of the four direction in a compass. A battle between a male demon and a female hunter in the midst of other hunters trying to defeat the enemies increasing numbers. With no reinforcement on the way, they're the only hope to stop the total destruction of humanity.
'

"You're strong for someone at your size."

"Are you mocking me?"

"Rather more of a compliment."

"Still, its rude. Haven't you learn any manners Rengoku san?"

"Manners are for the weak. And i'm definitely not weak. Not anymore!"

"Blood demon art: Raging flame!"

"Water breathing, first form: Water surface slash!"

.
With raging flames came from down under, a gush of water quenched the flame with little to no effort. The flame will never burn out as the battle heating up with each spark made the flame fire up even more. One side seeks for vengeance while the other are full of uncertainty and confusion between which is right and which is wrong. With black tears running down his cheeks, he's no longer himself anymore.
'

"This is thrilling! Ever since i've lost to that man, i've craved for more. Now i know why." Kyoujuro said thrilled

"You're not the man i used to know. Where is the man that had saved 200 passengers in a train?" Aoi asked

"Enough! That person you admire so much is dead! Gone!"

"Oh? So where is he right now?"

"That human is no more! He's weak! Unlike me, i'm no longer that man. That man is dead to both me and you that is!"

"In that case, there's no reason for me to spare you now."

"This is where you'll die little missy!"

"Blood demon art: Purgatory annihilation!"

"Water breathing, ninth form: Splashing water flow!"

.
With the flame of hell came from down under surging for the female hunter, she responded by forming what essentially is a water barrier between her and the flames of hell. As the flame got hotter and hotter by the second, she began to feel the heat and started to losing it.
'

"Urgh! Its hot!" She thought

"Just give up already. You'd have lost this battle one way or another Kanzaki san."

"At this rate, the heat is gonna overwhelm me. Shoot, i can't escape this without getting burn to crisp." She thought again

"Still not giving up? Well let me turn up the heat for you."

"You're not gonna get away with this Rengoku san!"

"You're brave and all but in the end, evil will prevail no matter what."

.
The towering flame is getting brighter and hotter that all nearby metal started to glow red. Her own blade is starting to glow red hot. Surprisingly, it had not yet bent or warp from the heat considering how bright is it glowing. But that doesn't matter as the female hunter starting to lose her balance.
'

"This is bad. I'm starting to fade in and out. Am i getting dehydrated?" She thought to herself

.
As the thought ran through her mind, she accidentally stepped on a piece of rock and he reflex kicked into action bending her knees. She felt herself losing balance completely and her vision started to move sideways. The technique instantly broke and so the water barrier had disappear leaving nothing in between her and the flame.
'

"Well, this is gonna hurt like hell." Her last thought before closing her eyes.

.
Still falling sideways, she embrace herself for the intense heat. Because she's also a demon, she will survive through it but not without her skin melt off her flesh. As she felt the ground, she knew it was coming. She waits, and waits, and waits. She didn't feel anything. It was still hot but she no longer felt the intense heat. She opens her eyes to see her body is still fine. But her attention went straight towards a shadow figure in front of her.
'

"K-Kanao?" She stuttered

"You should be more careful, Aoi." Kanao responded

"And who do we have here? Another young lady?" Kyoujuro asked

"Tsuyuri Kanao, at your service."

"Oh, and what service do you provide?"

"To be the one who put you down for good." Kanao responded

"To free you of the sins you have committed." Aoi added

"Well, in that case. Come here my soldiers. Wait, where did they go?" Kyoujuro confused

"Do you mean your so called invincible troops? They've been wiped out by me. What are you gonna do now?" Kanao taunted

"You're gonna pay little lady. Once i get my hand on you, i will pull out your guts and watch you die in a really painful manners."

"Are you ready Aoi?"

"Ready as you are."

"Then let me take both of you ladies for a dance." Kyoujuro said politely

"May i take the first dance?" Aoi asked

"Go ahead Aoi. I'm right behind you." Kanao said

"Then, let the dance begin."

.
Aoi started to move in closer towards her enemy with Kanao following her closely behind. Kyoujuro just stood there and bows like a proper gentleman. Aoi kept her distance and did the same. They bow each other before the dance and once the music started playing, the dance has commenced.
'

"Water breathing, fourth form: Striking tide!"

"Blood demon art: Flaming dagger."

"Flower breathing, fourth form: Crimson Hanagoromo!"

.
With their attacks interweaving each other, all three continues the dance with more deadlier techniques and each gets a hit and misses. Even with two person with a status of a pillar, the demon is hard to kill as he's a former pillar himself. The hunter forces watches them from a distance but still sees the bright flame and heat radiating from the battle. The won't even dare to interfere the most elegance dance they've ever seen.

After a few long minutes, the dance is still on and there were no sign of them stopping anytime soon. At this point, all the hunter forces are sitting and watching the fight while eating their dinner for the night. Even the Kakushi decided to watch as it is somewhat mesmerizing.
'

"This is getting us nowhere." Kanao said

"Keep on slashing him. We still got a chance!"

"Ladies, do keep your attention. Or suffer the consequences."

"How long is this dance?!" Kanao getting frustrated

"Not long. Right after- ah." Kyoujuro realizes something

.
Right as he was about to finish his sentence, the music stopped and soon they also stopped.
'

"Well, the dance is over now. Time to die ladies."

"Blood demon art: Rage of the flame spirit!"

"Watch out!" Aoi shouted

.
As the music had stopped, Kyoujuro unleashes fireball projectile from his body. Aoi pushes Kanao out of the way and got herself caught a glimpse of the fireball. Kanao grabbed her comrade and leapt off to safety right across the field.
'

"Are you alright Aoi?" Kanao asked

"Yeah, i'm fine. Its just a burn." Aoi reassure her

"He's getting stronger by the second. We need to take him down now." Kanao urged

"Wait, not without a plan. Luckily for us, i have one. Come here." Aoi whispered at her the plan

"M'ladies, you're taking too long over there. Want me to come over and finish you both right now?" Kyoujuro getting impatient

"Alright, we will go with your plan." Kanao said

"Good. We do it on the count of three."

"One."

"Two."

"Three." Kyoujuro appeared from behind

.
Both of them react quickly and slash the male demon that appeared behind them so suddenly. They leapt off quite a good distance away and stand side by side. Kanao immediately took a stance ready to unleash a move.
'

"Flower breathing, third form: Angelic flower."

.
With a swift swing of her blade, the battlefield was suddenly filled with fully grown bell shaped flowers. It appears harmless yet when Kyoujuro tries to attack her, he was in shocked when he sees more than one figure. From two became three, then four, then eight. He saw about ten figures fading in and out with voices coming from left, right, front and centre.
'

"What is this? An illusion? A trick?" Kyoujuro asked confused

"Or rather, a mind trick." A female voice echoed

"Mind trick?"

"You see, these are no ordinary flowers. It may smells nice but a sniff is enough to put someone in sleep."

"Where are you?! Show yourself!"

"First catch me, that is if, you're not hallucinating things." A small evil laughter is heard

"Well, two can play at this game."

"Blood demon art: Incinerate!"

.
With a really deep breath, Kyoujuro became a dragon and spits fire out of his mouth burning the hallucination flowers. And it was not long before he sense somebody coming from behind. He stab the person in the gut with his fiery beast claw and lift them up high in the air.
'

"Say Tsuyuri san, that was a hell of an experience."

"Goddamnit! Let me down! Kakh!" Kanao coughing blood

"It would've work for sure, but it didn't. Too bad for you because i have a great survival instinct."

"Oh yeah. Have you consider this!"

.
Kanao swings her blades trying to break free from the claw but were stopped by Kyoujuro's other hand. He of course chuckle and give a smirk face to her.
'

"Well, that was futile. Wasn't it?"

"Tch!" She clicked her tongue

"Now its time for you to- Ow! What the?!"

"Come on Kanao! Get up!"

.
Suddenly, Kyoujuro felt a sting on his back causing a really painful back pain. This causes him to be distracted and the claw was retracted back dropping Kanao on the ground hard. The  out of nowhere, Aoi grabbed Kanao and lifted her up trying to get them both to safety. After a few excruciatingly painful seconds, Kyoujuro finally got his hands on a cylindrical object and pull it out.
'

"What is this? A syringe?" Kyoujuro getting confused more than ever

"Yeah, and its not medicine."

"What are y- aghkagh!" He started choking

"Instead, its wisteria poison." Aoi said crudely

"This is sad Rengoku san. But it must be done one way or the other."

"Y-you bastard. S-Senjuro. I-i'm s-sorry. I've f-failed." Kyoujuro painfully strain

"Don't worry about your little brother. We will take good care of him. Rest in peace, Rengoku san."

"T-thank you, A-Aoi san."

.
Once again, before he breath his final breath, while laying on the ground, he gave off a soft warm smile. The very same one from the time he protected 200 innocent lives. Too bad only two person are there to witness it for one final time before the former flame hashira finally let out his final breath.

Aoi sat down right next to him and pray for his next life to be more peaceful in a world without demons. They soon left him on the ground right next to his father. Soon the sun will claim his body and the hunter will pick up his father to properly bury him. Aoi felt something awful as she don't know how to tell this news towards the last generation of the Rengoku family. She cried and right behind her was Kanao trying to comfort her.

.

.

.

West

"There there Aoi. Its gonna be fine." Kanao reassured

"We did it. We finally end it."

"Its not over yet. We've not yet found the leader."

South

"Looks like we finally done it." Genya said

"So, how did you know she would do that? Also why do you look a lot different Genya? Have you eaten demons again?" Sanemi curiously asked

"Well, no." Genya replied

"Ah, good." Sanemi breath a sight of relief

"Because i am one." Genya calmly said

"Wait, what?!"

East

"Alright, Rai. What are you really?" Uzui asked

"Do i have to explain this one more time?" Rai getting irritated

"Well it doesn't matter. We did it." Inosuke said

North

"Well, looks like you've decided to show yourselves now." Murata tease

"Its been a long time. Though it wasn't what i had imagine to meet them like this." Tanjiro said

"So, what now?"

"I don't know Murata. Right now, we need to fi-"

"Caw! Calling all hunters!"

"The main estate is being attacked!"

"What?!" All shouted

"The leader has been spotted! Head south!"

"North!"

"East!"

"West!"

"Summoning all hunters!" All four crows from all four location announced

"Another one?!" Inosuke shouted

"No time to waste! Lets go!" Rai yelled

"Lets go Kanao!" Aoi shouted

"Right behind you."

"Lets go Nezuko." Genya said

"Start the clock demon. We're gonna come for you soon enough." Nezuko ran

"We're all the way for north. Its impossible to reach there in time." Murata complained

"Well better start running then. Come on everyone! Move it!" Tanjiro commanded

.

.

The compass battle have come to a full circle. As all the hunters from all four main direction of the compass started running towards the centre. With the main headquarters under attack, the leaders from both sides have finally met one another, face to face. Will the hunter forces be able to arrive in time? Or will it be the destruction of the demon slayer corp instead? There's only one way to find out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.4K 1.8K 16
Tanjiro had always done his best on missions, succeeding and pushing onward. But one thing continued to bug him. After his first encounter with Muzan...
825 0 6
Part one in the Sun reborn series The Kamados are attacked far sooner then in canon and causes a butterfly effect, essentially saving more lives. Giy...
2.8K 248 25
In a world where demons feed off human flesh, Tanjiro Kamado swears to bring down Muzan Kibutsuji and turn his sister back into a human. But in the m...