Touching Bond | Hanako-Kun

By Alyx_Tray

No one knows of Emiko Sushina's past. The only one who knows a little bit is Nene Yashiro. Both have the love... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18

13

50 0 0
By Alyx_Tray

Emiko stood there, spinning her body to see someone young. This person had turquoise hair cut short, as the little kid seemed like a younger boy. She couldn't see his face but only saw his hair. His face stayed parallel to the ground. 

"Hello?" Emiko spoke out, taking a cautious step towards the young boy. 

"Emi, who do you see?" She shot her gaze back to look at Hanako, whose face was completely puzzled. Once her eyes came back to the same area the young boy stood, he vanished. 

"I thought I saw someone." She sighed and began to walk towards the school doors, seeing everyone leave out of the front entrance. 

"Emi." Hanako's voice didn't stop her, she just continued to take each step with a little bit of sadness. "Emi, wait." Hanako caught up to her, walking beside her. He noticed her eyes covered in sad secrets and felt like he wanted to uncover them. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing." Her grip on her own hand behind her back intensified, making her grit her teeth. 

"I love you, sis."

'I can't get his voice out of my head.'

Her steps continued to the roof in which she would sleep, Hanako following behind her. 

"You think Nene is worried?" Emiko asked him, standing beside the railing of the roof. 

"Maybe, but I think she knows your fine." His voice was much calmer, sounding like there was a grin on his face as they both leaned their arms against the railing, gazing out into the haze of the orange skies. 

"Well, I must sleep now." Emiko lowered her body in that position and laid beside the railing, watching the sun lower itself. 

"Goodnight," Hanako spoke before she felt his presence leave her with the wind. 

***

"Emiko! Have you heard?" Nene blurted as Emiko closed her textbook, sitting in her seat. 

"What?" She darted her attention to Nene who has dashed towards Emiko's desk. 

"The four o'clock library. Apparently, people can see their pasts and futures in the books. The red books contain darkness, so don't read those, but the white ones are for the living as the black ones are for the dead." Emiko took a liking to this rumor. Nodding to her friend, she beamed. 

"Thanks for the information!" Emiko sprung out of her seat, taking a step towards her dear friend. "I'll look into that." Emiko began to run out of the class, hearing faint screams from Nene. As Emiko's eyes stayed back to the classroom door, she felt something bump into her. 

"Emiko?" Kou's voice blurted through his lips, making Emiko look up towards him. 

"Oh, hey Kou." She inched her small stature closer to him, almost practically touching. "How have you been?" 

"Good. Why are you in the hallway?" He asked, cocking his head to the side. 

"Ahh, come with me." Emiko grinned and gripped onto Kou's wrist. 

"Wait, what-"

"C'mon!" she blurted, running with him trailing her tracks. Her gripped tightened once they both reached the library. "You know what time it is, right?"

"No.

"Well, it is four o'clock." Emiko stepped foot into the library, looking around to see normal books stacked everywhere. 

"Why are we here?" Kou asked. Emiko didn't respond, noticing a blue butterfly fly past her face. Out of curiosity, she followed it. "You gonna tell me?" he insisted once more, but there was still no response. 

"A door?" Suddenly a secret door slowly opened to the presence of the butterfly. "You know why I'm here, right?" Emiko said as her eyes watched behind her, seeing as Kou was frustrated with not knowing. 

"No, I've been asking that this whole time." Emiko chuckled at his words. 

"I want to know more about Hanako. Something about him just makes me curious," she responded, seeing the presence of the blue butterfly once more. As last time, she trailed behind it, realizing it led to a stack of white books. Her eyes searched the area to then find a book that read "Emiko Sushina".

"Is that yours?" Kou asked, standing beside her with his staff in hand. She nodded gripping the book to pull it out of its place. A grin came across her face as she was ready to open it. 

"So, pasts and futures." Once Emiko said those words, Kou's facial expression changed as if he finally had a realization. 

"Oh! This is a boundary," he added, Emiko nodding in agreeance. 

Her hands traced her name, then opened the thick book to the first page. A scent of a newly printed page hit her nose as she began to read, Kou scouting around for any danger. 

Being born, Emiko Sushina smiled as her mother held her in her arms. Her father was so excited, he hugged both girls. 

"Not this," Emiko whispered, frowning as she quickly flipped through a few year's worths of pages. 

Emiko was going to ask her mother if she could take her to the park, so she left her room and entered the living room. Her father was at work, leaving just her mother, brother, and herself.

"Mommy, can you take me to the park?" A small grin appeared on Emiko's face when suddenly, her mother stood up and strikes her across her face. "Mommy?" She noticed her mother crying as her cheek stung.

"No," Emiko whispered once more, skipping through more chapters.

"I love you, sis." her brother spoke, his arms wrapped around her dearly. Emiko smiled at her brother's grip, both f them sitting in the corner of her room. 

"I love you, too, Yano."

Her eyes began to water as a small grin was plastered on her face. Emiko flipped through more pages, stopping at a red page that was left blank. 

"There's a red page," she whispered, hearing Kou take a few steps towards her. She flipped past the page and read the words. 

On this day, she'll learn Hanako's real name.

Suddenly, the book began to drench itself in red liquid, dripping all over the floor. She widened her eyes as Koud rushed over to her position. 

"What's happening?" he asked, preparing his staff for battle.

A sudden shake caused them to crouch down slightly, Emiko gripping onto the book tightly. She noticed the white wisp that would follow her often float beside her shoulder as both Kou and her watched rocks tumble from the ceiling. 

"Kou? Do you know-" Emiko was interrupted by someone's monotone laughter. She realized that when they both stood, the grip of the book was gone. A silhouette slowly peered through the shadows in front of the two. As Emiko attempted to take a step forward, Kou gripped her wrist pulling her back towards him. 

"Just wait." She nodded in response, seeing the creature finally show itself in the light. Once she saw the creature, one of its arms leaped forward, making her eyes shut in fear. 

Cling.

Emiko opened her eyes to notice the black school uniform and the same old hat he would wear all the time. 

"Hanako." The ghost boy spun to the girl's call, grinning at her presence. 

"Tsuchigamori, leave her be." The creature far in front of them nodded, picking up his glasses with his finger. Emiko and Kou squinted to notice the same teacher that would roam the school. 

"So you're a boundary user?" Emiko asked, feeling Kou's grip tighten on her wrist. 

"Yes." The male sighed, all his arms joining back with his body, leaving a normal human figure to appear. "I'm Tsuchigamori, No.5 of the school wonders." The teacher took multiple steps to reach the group. Hanako lowering his guard to stay in front of Emiko.

"And you're a teacher." Emiko lowered her head in question, thinking since everyone can see him in the halls when only a few people can see Hanako.

"You know, anyone can be a spirit drifting around. Your friends could be spirits and you would never know." Tsuchigamori spoke, fixing his glasses once more than crossing his arms. 

"I've come for-"

"I know, No. 7. You've come for my yorishiro. I'll gladly give it to you since you are the leader, but under one condition." 

"And what is that?" Hanako asked with a raised brow.

"I need to know your deepest secret that you won't tell a soul." No.5 leaned closer to Emiko, making Hanako wrap his arms around her shoulders and pull her closer to him. Hanako held a face of anger, glaring into No.5's eyes. "Everyone needs to respond."

"What do you think you're doing?" Hanako pouted, lessening his grip around her, but keeping his arms in place.

"Just tell me so I can set you free from here." he sighed as Hanako's expression lit in excitement.

"I get to hear Emi's secret?"

"No!" she blurted, instantly covering her mouth. "Sorry." She rubbed the back of her neck in embarrassment, feeling Hanako take a step away from her. 

"Well, c'mon. You have to say something." Hanako spoke with his hands stuffed in his pockets. 

"Ok, I'll start." Kou stood strong, clenching his fists. "I'm scared of setsuben oni masks!" he blurted, lowering his head as his cheeks flushed in red. 

"Next." Tsuchigamori scoffed, looking towards the girl. Her hands began to tremble as her eyes shook in fear. 

I don't want them to know. They can't know.

"I'm afraid of death," she mumbled, looking towards the teacher in hopes he would let her pass. 

"That's partially correct, but it's not." 

"Then, uh." she began to stutter.

"Oh, look. You made her all sad!" Hanako sprung out, hugging the stunned Emiko while presenting another glare into Tsuchigamori's eyes. 

"I need to hear hers." Emiko nodded to his stern words. 

"Ok, but can Hanako and Kou step out?" she raised her head, looking deep into the man's eyes. 

"But we want to stay," Hanako begged, making her think to herself. 

'I'll eventually have to tell them. I'll eventually have to explain. I don't want to do this, but I have to.'

"I-I...witnessed a murder." As her hands continued to tremble in the awkward silence, Hanako's grip tightened around the girl, his head burying into her neck.

"Sorry to hear, Emi." he spoke childishly, making her grin slightly to his chilling touch. It was somewhat comforting to her. 

"Yes, that works. Next." Hanako chuckled to himself as he looked up towards the teacher. 

"No thanks." Hanako beamed.

"Ok."

"Wait, what?!" Emiko and Kou shouted, giving menacing glares towards Hanako. "We want to know your secret!" 

After a few more shouts, Hanako finally gave into their command. He sighed as he kept his eyes away from his friends.

"I...really like donuts." After Hanako said that, there was a short silence, soon being interrupted by Kou and Emiko's laughter. 

"That's it?" Emiko asked, wrapping her arm around Hanako's shoulder. 

"Yea." Kou and Emiko then huddled the three of them together, leaving Tsuchigamori speechless with wide eyes in awe. 

"Never thought I'd see that face on him." Tsuchigamori whispered to himself, noticing the gleam of hope in his eyes and the bright smile he truly meant to wear. "Wow."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.4K 569 19
•♧•♧•♧•♧•♧•♧•♧•♧•♧•♧•♧•♧• A full one shot of Toilet bound Hanako-Kun!!! Any request is granted !!!! •♥︎•♥︎•♥︎•♥︎•♥︎•♥︎•♥︎•♥︎•♥︎•♥︎•♥︎•♥︎•♥︎•♥︎• " H...
640K 27.4K 91
――幽霊 | 𝐆𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐃 [PLEASE READ THE REWRITTEN VER WHICH IS GHOSTING INSTEAD THE WRITING HERE IS CRINGE TT] (Ghosted Series #1) .⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆"𝘼𝙧...
30.6K 1K 22
*CONTAINS MANGA SPOILERS* Manipulation, lying, fear. After Yashiro Nene becomes aware that her life is coming to an end, the trio struggle with how t...
9.8K 246 34
"Yashiro, welcome back~" Hanako smiled happily while holding her hands. She smiled back, while the thoughts of his cute, embarrassed, blushing face f...