April | HYYH | BTS ✔

By starcrossedpjm

in which a girl wakes up on the 11th of april everyday with the same events reoccurring until kim seokjin sta... More

April | HYYH | BTS
i. Intro
ii. Glass
iii. Blender
iv. Dry Cleaning
v. Spray Paint
vi. Uniform
vii. Door
viii. Good Person
ix. Sunset
x. Piano
xi. Chess
xii. Hallway
xiii. Bleak
xiv. Smoke
xv. Night
xvi. White
xvii. Photograph
xviii. Butterfly
xx. Promise
xxi. Smile
xxii. Truth
xxiii. Lie
xxiv. Heart
xxv. Outro

xix. Diary

205 20 5
By starcrossedpjm

다이어리
-
MAY 19

LUNA YAWNED LOUDLY as she stretched on Seokjin's bed, ruffling his blankets underneath her. Her eyes darted to Seokjin, standing in front of the board on his wall, his eyebrows stitched together as he occasionally pinned some sticky notes onto it.

The sun had already set, Luna's eyelids almost fighting to stay open as soft music filled the air from Seokjin's record player.

She had been taking a break, having been on her feet the entire day after Hoseok had suddenly asked her to fill in for his shift while he went shopping with Jimin for new clothes.

A smile formed on her lips at the thought of the boy, whom she had grown closer to within the past week. It seemed different this time, how easily Jimin could break his walls down for her. She wanted to spend every minute of every day with him, but her fear held her back. She was afraid and felt that the closer she got to him, the harder it will be if she looped again. So, she remained a bit distanced from him, taking things slow in case it would all be a waste of time.

Time, she sighed.

"What if this never stops?" Luna spoke up, barely catching Seokjin's attention. "Even if we succeed tomorrow, if the slightest of mistakes occur, say... ten years from now, would we come back to April eleventh?" she asked him.

"I don't know," he mumbled, staring at the wall.

"There has to be some way we can find out," Luna complained, earning nothing from a nod from Seokjin, who had been too invested in his planning to notice. A sigh fell out of her mouth as she stood up from her bed, making her way out of his bedroom.

"Where are you going?" Seokjin asked as he watched her walk out.

"Water!" she shouted back before turning the corner.

Suddenly, her piercing scream echoed through the hallway as she watched a single book fall from the shelf against the wall, landing on the floor with a thud.

"What happened?" she heard Seokjin appear behind her in the hallway.

Your house is haunted, she thought before slowly making her way to the book, still frightened. She picked it up, blowing off the dust before she coughed with a disgusted face.

'DIARY OF KIM CHANG-JOON', it read. Luna looked at it curiously as she felt Seokjin hover over her shoulder.

"What is it?" he asked, before his eyes landed on the diary and his heart nearly dropped to his stomach.

"It fell down," she mumbled and pointed to the shelf as Seokjin carefully took it out of her hands.

"It's my dad's diary," he furrowed his eyebrows, his words almost coming out as a question. He folded it open, flipping through the pages as his eyebrows stitched together in focus.

Luna watched as his eyes seem to have caught something, because he stayed on a page, quickly reading through it.

"What was your father's name?" he asked, still skimming through the entry.

"Song Jae-Hyun," she answered, Seokjin looking up at her in response.

"His name's here," he stated, causing Luna's eyes to widen in response. Seokjin looked back at the diary, clearing his throat as he began to read the entry. "I'm not sure if this entry will still be written in this journal as I speak; Jae-hyun and I have decided to give up. I am unsure of how many days we've repeated that cursed day, and we don't want to do it anymore," he furrowed his eyebrows. "Without knowing our fate, we accept it and give up playing this vicious and cruel game."

"G-Give up?" Luna furrowed her eyebrows at him in utter confusion. "Give what up? Repeated what day?" she swallowed. "What's the date in the entry?"

"It was ten years ago," he replied, the gears in his head turning as he looked away, heavily in thought. "Luna... What happened to your father?"

"M-My mother said he passed away from a heart attack, but she chose not to have a funeral," she said, voice shaky. "I never saw his body."

"My father got into an accident... I never saw him either," Seokjin mumbled before turning around to walk into his bedroom. Luna followed him, a worried look on her face.

"Do you think..." Seokjin wondered out loud as he looked up at the board. "They did this too?"

"My father had a group of friends too," Luna stated as she pieced it together in her head. The group of people in the picture with him and Seokjin's father were the ones they had to save.

Just like Luna and Seokjin, their fathers went through this vicious cycle.

"They had to save them, but they failed..." she furrowed her eyebrows. "And they're gone now..." her voice trailed off as she sat onto the bed, head solemnly turned to the floor.

Is that going to happen to us if we don't do it?

"Luna, don't think like that, okay?" Seokjin reprimanded as she sat next to him. "We're meant to do this. We've been connected for ten years," he held up the diary. "Just because they failed doesn't mean we will."

The girl sighed as she slowly nodded, agreeing with Seokjin. They had come so far, and this was no time to lose hope.

Luna had fell asleep that night in Seokjin's bed, his hand caressing her hair as he read the rest of his late father's diary.

-
MAY 20

Luna woke up the next morning from the obnoxious sound of Seokjin's doorbell ringing repeatedly, echoing through the house.

She grumbled, shifting on the bed until she felt a weight on her legs. She lifted her head up to see Seokjin, sound asleep as his cheek pressed against her blanketed thigh.

"Seokjin," she mumbled, eyes closing again as she patted the top of his head. Her head fell back onto the pillow, eyebrows furrowed uncomfortably. "The door."

The boy nuzzled his cheek against her, eyes still shut closed.

"Seokjin!" she shouted as the doorbell began its thunderous ringing again.

"Okay!" he shouted back, as if he were a little boy being scolded by his mother. He stood up, hair completely a mess and eyes barely open. He stumbled out of the room as Luna stretched on his bed before climbing out of it as well.

She rubbed at her eyes as she made her way downstairs, seeing Seokjin holding the front door open.

"Taehyung? What are you doing here?" she heard him ask.

Taehyung?

Confused, Luna made her way to the door, seeing the hooded boy outside as she stood behind Seokjin.

"You're here," Taehyung blinked at the girl as he walked in. "I knew it."

"What's going on?" Seokjin asked as he shut the door, running a hand through his messy hair.

"Lately, I've been having this strange dream," he started. "Yoongi-hyung's trapped inside a burning fire. Jungkook's falling from a building. Hoseok-hyung gets injured. Jimin-hyung's locked inside a hospital, and Namjoon-hyung's in prison," he explained. "That kind of dream, every night."

Seokjin and Luna shared a knowing glance as a chill ran up both of their spines.

"But, I saw a new one last night," he swallowed. "Luna got hurt. Like- really hurt."

The two widened their eyes a bit, startled at this information. This was new, a scary new that never showed up in other loops.

"D-Did you see who did it? O-Or how?" Luna furrowed her eyebrows at him.

"No..." his breath hitched. "But, it felt so real, and I-I don't know why I dreamt about it and I just wanted to see if you were okay-"

"Of course, I'm okay," she stepped toward him, a reassuring smile on her face as she rubbed his arm gently. "Don't worry, nothing's going to happen to me. Just tell us if you have another one of these dreams, okay?"

Taehyung let out a deep breath, nodding. "I-I guess I'll get going now."

After he left, Seokjin immediately turned to her, his eyebrows stitched together.

"You're staying."

"What?" Luna furrowed her eyebrows. "No, I'm not staying."

"You heard Taehyung, you know he can... somehow see the future. You can't go," he crossed his arms.

"What if the future he saw was the future that already happened? In the last loop?" she pointed out.

"There's no way we can know for sure, so-"

"Exactly," she cut him off sternly. "So, I'm coming with you. Didn't you say we were in this together?"

Seokjin's face fell as he sighed, dropping his hands to his side. "Fine."

-

A few hours later, Luna jumped as she felt her phone vibrate in her pocket, her nerves already haywire as they made their way to the police station where they knew Taehyung to be.

She pulled out her phone, her face softening when she saw Jimin's name on the screen. Hesitantly, she pressed the phone to her ear after answering it, giving Seokjin a glance.

"Jimin? Is something wrong?" she raised her eyebrows.

"N-No! Nothing's wrong," she heard him awkwardly chuckle into the phone. "I... wanted to ask if you were busy later. I was kind of hoping we could, I don't know, hangout? Like... walk in the park or something?"

Luna froze at his words, opening her mouth, but no sound came out of it.

"Unless you don't want to, which is totally fine!" Jimin said quickly when he noticed her silence.

"No, I really do, I just..." she closed her eyes. "I'm busy today, maybe tomorrow?"

"T-Tomorrow?" he sounded shocked. "Okay! Promise?"

"Promise," Luna swallowed, promptly saying a farewell before hanging up, a sigh falling from her mouth.

Whether she could keep that promise was a mystery to her. The plan they made had to work, she needed to make sure it did. She didn't know if she could endure another loop.

"You're going to keep that promise," Seokjin spoke up, seemingly to have observed what happened. "I can promise you that."

Luna offered him a smile, one in which he returned before looking back to the road, seeing the police station in the distance.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.9K 710 17
in which yoongi and sol attend couples therapy to save their marriage. © starcrossedpjm 2023. all rights reserved. started: 2 january completed: 9 f...
898K 44.3K 31
"I call myself his babysitter rather than his wife" Date started: April 08,2017 Date ended: April 14, 2021
62.2K 2.7K 29
in a world where you stop aging at the age of 25 until you find your soulmate, 125 year-old shin yuri meets an ecstatic jeon jungkook that changes he...
501 35 21
(Park Jimin x reader) "He's not my boyfriend." "Sorry." "He's just a close friend that I'm secretly, madly in love with." //Started: 25th August 202...