Shoto Todoroki Oneshots

By Wishful_author_xoxo

(ON HIATUS) Enjoy xx (for some reason some of the chapters are separated or in the wrong order, I've tried to... More

Hidden Truths
The Best Present Pt.1
The Best Present Pt.2
The Best Present Pt.3
Who Hurt You? Pt.1
Who Hurt You? Pt.2
Who Hurt You? Pt.3
Cute / Sleepy Shoto
Almost...
Truth or Dare
A Close Call
Fairytale Stranger
Your Perfect Disappointment
My Little Plaything
Shaking
Long Lost Brother
Attack On UA Pt.1
Attack On UA Pt.2
Boyfriend Benefits
Flirt
Spilling Lies
Fun At The Funeral
First Time Cooking
The Sound of Your Voice
Frozen to Death
Villain?!
Teach Me
Pocky
Always His Favourite
Shoto On Ice
Madhouse Pt.1
Madhouse Pt.2
Madhouse Pt.3
Girls
And I Loved And I Lost You
Gone Boy Pt.1
Gone Boy Pt.2
Gone Boy Pt.3
Singing
Beauty Kings
Runaway Baby
Class 1A Playlist
Part-time Ambitions Pt.1
Part-time Ambitions Pt.2
Part-time Ambitions Pt.3
You Can't Leave Me... Us Pt.1
You Can't Leave Me... Us Pt.2
Fairytale Soulmate
La La La
Shoto's Playlist
Instagram
Joyride With Me
My Idol Pt.1
My Idol Pt.2
You Poor Child Pt.1
You Poor Child Pt.2
Submersion
Todoroki is a Girl?!
Depressive Episodes
Class Pets
The King's Secret Pt.1
The King's Secret Pt.2
The King's Secret Pt.3
Sibling Bonding Time
King of Hearts Pt.2
Personal Heater
Alexithymia
Come Home to Me
Descendants Pt.2
Descendants Pt.3
Descendants Pt.4
Zoo Trip
Little Acts of Kindness Pt.1
Little Acts of Kindness Pt.2
A Pirate's Life for Me
Time With You Pt.1
Time With You Pt.2
Chaos Pt.1
The Lost Prince Pt.1
The Lost Prince Pt.2
The Lost Prince Pt.3
The Lost Prince Pt.4
The Lost Prince Pt.5
The Lost Prince Pt.6
The Lost Prince - Epilogue
You Killed Her!
Our Lasts
Falling For You... Literally
No.1 Admirer
Fairytale Ending
Filthy Pirates!!
"May the odds be ever in your favour!"
Record of my Youth
Chaos Pt.2
Dark Humour
And They Were Roommates?
Descendants Pt.1
King of Hearts Pt.1

Shoto Is A Cat?!

965 22 3
By Wishful_author_xoxo

TRIGGER WARNING: none

THEMES: fluff, humour, Shoto x Class 1A

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"Don't freak out." Aizawa instructed, and immediately the class began to freak out. What had happened for their teacher to look so concerned? No villains had been attacking lately, right?

"What is wrong Sir?" Iida asked, chopping in haste. "Is there something we need to be aware of?"

"Well..." Aizawa paused, pinching the bridge of his nose before sighing deeply, "something has happened to Todoroki."

"Is he okay?!" Deku yelled, eyes wide.

"Yes problem child. Now sit down." the teacher glared, Izuku sinking back into the sofa.

"Where's Icyhot then?" Bakugou raised a brow when Aizawa went over to the doorway of the dorms and returned with a blanket-covered cage.

"As you know, today Todoroki joined a routine patrol with Present Mic. There was a disturbance due to a bank robbery and a civilian accidentally hit Todoroki with his quirk."

"And? Sir, why do you have a pet cage?" asked Momo before her eyes grew wide with understanding; their teacher nodded, slowly pulling off the blanket.

Inside the cage was a sleeping cat, fur a blend of snowy white and burgundy brown. Its tail was wrapped protectively around itself, and its ears twitched subconsciously at the swish of the blanket.

"As you can see, Todoroki has been transformed into a cat."

Aizawa put the cage on the coffee table in the middle of the sofas, taking a step back when his students slowly gathered around the cage. Deku was already taking mental notes to add to his quirk book later.

"Does he know what's going on?" Momo asked. 

"No, I had to approach him carefully to get him into the cage. Recovery Girl said he had no injuries in his cat nor human form but that the quirk effects will last around one maybe two weeks. He is to stay in the dorms until he returns to normal and I am, unwillingly, putting you all in charge of taking care of him." their teacher concluded, some students' eyes brightening at the idea of having a class pet, even if said pet was their classmate.

"We'll take good care of Todoroki, Sensei!" Uraraka declared.

"You got pet food and toys and shit?" asked Bakugou, huffing a slight laugh as Todoroki's tail flicked up and down when one of the students got too close.

"We stocked a cupboard in the kitchen earlier whilst you were all in class. There is wet and dry food, care instructions, a small box of toys, litter and a box, and a bed. You need to keep him healthy as we don't know the effects it will have on Todoroki's body once he returns to normal."

"You can trust us Sensei!" the class cheered, startling the cat awake; immediately Todoroki the Cat was on alert, ears pointed back and hissing at the faces near his cage.

At Aizawa's steely glare everyone returned to the sofas, waiting with baited breaths when the man opened the door to the cage. He managed to coax Shoto out, and the cat sniffed the air before diving off the coffee table and hiding under a sofa.

"He most likely won't come out for a few hours, but try and entice him when you all eat dinner later. I'll be back in the morning to check up on him."

With that Aizawa left, and the class were already exchanging ideas of all the fun things they could do with Todoroki whilst he was a cat. But firstly it was time to eat, and so whilst Bakugou cooked the class' meal, Momo was in charge of Todoroki's dinner. Using the measuring cup, she poured him a bowl of cat biscuits and lactose-free milk, calling out his name in a sing-song tone in hopes of getting him out from under the sofa. 

Dinner was eaten in silence, everyone's eyes flickering over to the cat bowls by the doorway every few seconds. At last, with bated breaths, they watched as Shoto's head peered out from under the sofa, sniffing the air and eyeing them warily as he crept closer to the doorway.

He didn't enter the kitchen but spotted the cat biscuits just a few steps away; seeming too scared to get closer to them, Kirishima leaned down in his chair and pushed the bowl a little closer to the exit. Shoto hissed but was soon distracted by the biscuits, eating happily before settling by the empty bowl and watching the class finish their meal...

The next day everyone was allowed the morning off from class so Todoroki could recognise their voices and scents better before he was left alone in the dorm. Breakfast was downed in a similar manner, eating quietly whilst being unable to hide their smiles at how happily Cat Todoroki seemed to eat the wet salmon dish. Once finished he returned to the sofa, yet didn't crawl underneath and instead observed from the side as the class scattered themselves around the sofas and chairs. 

Happy with having the morning off, they decided to put on some movies to relax before hero training in the afternoon. Their eyes strayed over to Shoto, finding the cat staring at them with an expression eerily similar to Todoroki's blank look when in his normal body. During the movie, Todoroki took a few tentative steps away from the sofa and towards the class' legs, sniffing and stepping between them whilst remaining wary. 

When he reached Momo, the girl was surprised when Shoto rubbed his side against her leg in passing, a short purr resonating around the room that had the girl gasping happily. The moment was short-lived as the cat moved on, but she was glad that her friend seemed to like her even in this form. On the other hand, Bakugou was the last person Todoroki approached, heterochromatic eyes entering a staring match with intense ruby red eyes.

Pausing in his journey, Todoroki sat on his hind legs and stared at Bakugou, not wavering even when the blond boy sat up further in his seat. Bakugou was confused as to what the hell Icyhot was doing, but annoyed that even in cat form Todoroki seemed to purposefully try to bother him. But not a second later the cat jumped onto the back of the sofa, and he froze when he felt the faint puffs of Todoroki the Cat's breath on his neck.

Eyes wide, Kirishima looked at his friend who seemed both intrigued and freaked out, the rest of the class taking photos whilst the blond was not daring to move. It seemed Shoto was satisfied enough, for another small purr left him as he hopped onto the armrest and curled up happily. 

Bakugou let out a long, slow breath, hesitating before lightly petting Todoroki's back; when he did he could almost feel the cat turning the jelly, leaving him unable to stop himself from smiling when Todoroki began to purr again. More photos were taken before Bakugou gave them the middle finger, and when they left for class their friend was still curled up asleep in the same spot...

The next day and they noticed Todoroki began to follow them around more in the dorms. If someone was in the kitchen he sat by a cupboard and watched them, if someone was watching TV he sat on the opposite sofa, and when one of them left through the doors he seemed to crane his head to look outside curiously. He still didn't let them get close enough to touch, but if Momo or Bakugou crouched down by him then he allowed a short head rub before pattering off. 

They decided to take him to school, wanting to see how he would enjoy being outside. With a trail of treats they got Todoroki into his cage, and Iida was tasked with carrying him to class seeing as he was the most responsible. The Class President was adamant against the idea, insisting that their Sensei told them Todoroki was to stay in the dorms. But when Mina and Denki pleaded that Todoroki was probably lonely and confused by himself all day, the blue-haired boy relented under the conditions that their classmate was to be supervised all day.

Heading to class early, Iida placed the cage at the entrance of Class 1A and the students watched as Shoto began to explore the classroom. Sniffing chairs, desks and even jumping onto the windowsill, they smiled and cheered happily when their classmate wandered to the back of the classroom and curled up on his own desk.

"Good job Todoroki!" Mina congratulated, dropping a few treats on her friend's desk who ate them quickly, even allowing a single pet before curling up again.

When Aizawa showed up for registration, his eyes immediately zoned in on the dozing cat sitting in his classroom. The cat blinked slowly at him, eyes boring into his own, before Aizawa signed and sat down to get the register. Todoroki stayed at his desk until lunchtime, when Iida returned him to the dorms for dinner. 

When they returned in the afternoon, tired and sweaty from rescue training, they found Shoto in the living room batting at a brown mouse toy. Heads stacked atop each other in the doorway, they watched their classmate tackle the mouse before biting it aggressively. It was so cute! That evening they attempted to play with Todoroki again, this time successful as he ran around the room chasing after the colourful bells they threw...

As time went on Todoroki became more used to their presence and scents, and often whilst he was exploring the dorms, if he ever passed one of them he would let his tail flick against their leg. He wasn't a very vocal cat, just as he wasn't a very vocal human, and the only time he really meowed was when it was storming in the night and he was spooked.

That's how they learned that Todoroki didn't like sleeping alone as a cat. Aizawa had brought him a fluffy cat bed that stayed in the corner of the living room, and even though he enjoyed dozing in it throughout the day he wandered during the night restless. The class kept his dorm door open so Todoroki could enter it if he wished, but after that stormy night he was found sleeping in either Momo's or Bakugou's room. 

They guessed that Cat Shoto must like how big and soft Momo's bed is, and assumed he was always around Bakugou because of his sweet scent and naturally warm body temperature. They didn't know if their classmate still had his quirk whilst as a cat, and so it was expected he would seek out warmth. 

This was the case when Present Mic showed up at their dorm to remind a certain few students of the English translation assignment that was due at the end of the week. He was as loud as ever, yelling his greeting so that even those in their rooms upstairs or even the nearby dorms would hear him. However, this scared Todoroki out of his nap, and he jolted away from where he was curled up against Momo's side to hiss loudly at the Pro Hero.

The loud hiss made Mic's eyes widen, confused for a moment when he saw a cat that looked suspiciously like his student. He remembered the events of his patrol with Todoroki and sighed with relief that the cat was his student and not a stray his other chaotic students had decided to take in.

"Sorry Todoroki!" Mic apologised to the cat, still too loud; Todoroki hissed and jumped off the sofa, crawling underneath. Momo signed and tried to coax him out but it was fruitless.

Once Mic had spoken to his students, Aizawa also arrived at the dorms and so the teachers decided to eat dinner with the kids. Whilst they were cooking the meal Aizawa noticed Todoroki looming in the doorway; so, pulling out his secret stash of cat treats in his belt, he let one or two drop to the floor, smiling softly when the cat dived for them. 

A rub against his leg and a rumbling purr was his thanks, and this gratitude seemed to extend to his partner as Mic also received a rub against his leg, Shoto quietly meowing up at him when the blond looked down in surprise.

"Thanks little listener..."

A few evenings later and the Bakusquad were crowded inside Bakugou's dorm studying for the pop quiz Midnight was surprising them with. Bakugou was rapidly losing patience, especially since the idiots who begged him to teach them were currently too busy messing around on some mobile game Pikachu had downloaded earlier.

He wanted to yell at them, maybe let off an explosion or two, but the bundle of fur sleeping on the end of his bed kept him restrained. Icyhot had seen that his door was open and so pushed himself inside, ignoring his watching classmates in favour of jumping onto the blond's bed and settling down at the end. Instinctively, Bakugou reached out and scratched between Todoroki's ears, the cat purring happily before dozing off.

"You're getting attached Bakubro!" Kirishima teased when he caught the blond looking over at their Cat classmate, dodging the notebook Bakugou was throwing at his head.

"Shut up Shitty Hair, Icyhot's gonna leave a shit ton of fur on my sheets meaning I'll have to change them again!" growled Bakugou in retort.

"It's cute that he is comfortable around you Bakubae," Mina smiled with heart eyes at their sleeping classmate, "isn't he adorable?"

Said adorable cat let out a soft purr as he stretched out its front paws, claws showing for a moment before he flipped on his back and held his paws over his face. Unfortunately, he rolled over even closer to the edge of the bed, and the Bakusquad watched with widening eyes as Todoroki's body began to slide off the bed in slow-motion. On instinct Bakugou dived away from the table and caught Cat Todoroki in his arms, immediately pulling him towards his chest so Icyhot wouldn't jolt and get hurt. 

Everyone sighed with relief that their friend didn't get hurt when Todoroki's eyes blinked open blurrily, looking up to see who was holding him. A mess of blond hair and red eyes were staring down at him with relief; so, deeming it safe, he shut his eyes and fell back asleep, purring happily at the warmth coming from his companion. His tail flicked up and down before settling around Bakugou's arm.

"Dude." Denki whispered with wide eyes.

"Shut up." Bakugou whispered, his voice lacking its usual bite as he slowly stroked Todoroki's soft fur...

Just over a week passed when Todoroki returned to normal. It was disorientating, waking up in his hero suit on the common room sofa, especially when the last thing he remembered was being shoved into a wall from a scampering civilian when the bank was invaded. It was still dark outside, and the clock on the wall signalled it was 5AM. 

Knowing he would get answers later, he headed up to his room to get out of his hero suit and have a shower. It was nice feeling the dust and grime getting washed away with the warm water, and his blue hoodie, the one he stole from Natsuo when he visited his apartment, had never felt so cozy. The only odd thing was the soft things he felt atop his head, and something that kept ticking his leg whilst in the shower. When he looked in the mirror he found a set of cat ears atop his head, very much real and twitching from the different sounds outside his window. A matching tail was swishing behind him, a blend of white and red fur.

"What the heck?" he questioned, voice a quite whisper of disbelief.

Once changed he checked the time again, and seeing it was 6:10AM he returned downstairs to wait for his classmates. He found his phone on his bedside and noticed it was Saturday of the next week, meaning 9 days had passed since his patrol with Mic. Now he was very confused, his wonder only growing when he saw cat bowls and toys scattered around the common room, now visible with the rising sunlight.

His classmates were ecstatic to see him for some reason, and he only managed to make out 'quirk', 'cat', and 'cute' as they spoke over each other. Iida and Momo returned order, and they explained what had happened as they sat around the table for breakfast. 

"So I was accidentally affected by a quirk during the patrol and have been a cat for this past week?" he clarified whilst drinking his coffee, his classmates nodding along. "So why do I still have these?" he gestured to the ears atop his head.

"I don't know, we shall ask Sensei when he returns!" declared Iida.

"Oh but they are so cute Todoroki!" Hagakure gushed, invisible hands ruffling the hair between his ears making a trill sound leave his throat; raising a hand to press against where the sound came from, his wide eyes reflected those of his friends around him.

"I see you are back to normal Todoroki." Aizawa's voice cut through their wild chattering. "Well, mostly."

"Sensei," greeted Todoroki, "how long was the quirk supposed to last?"

"A week or two. Even if you are no longer in a cat form you still have cat features. I'll check with Recovery Girl to see what she says."

"Thankyou."

After finishing breakfast Shoto began to catch up with his schoolwork, notes and pens scattered around the coffee table as his classmates sat around the common room. Every so often his ears would twitch at slight sounds, making him look up and around with surprise. Even his tail would sometimes brush against the leg of whoever was sitting behind him at the time. 

He was eating cold soba for dinner, sometimes letting out a soft purr as he ate happily: it had been too long since he had eaten his delicious soba, and was happy he was no longer consuming cat food. His ears twitched and his head shot over to the door. Footsteps were coming closer, light and slow.

"Sensei is here." he announced before resuming his dinner, tail swishing happily.

"Um no he isn't. Do you still have cat brain Todoroki?" Mineta scoffed, but quickly shutting up when their teacher walked in.

Aizawa was surprised everyone was already looking at him when he entered, all to used to them being caught in the middle of doing something ridiculous and his presence taking them by surprise.

"You walk loud." was Todoroki's explanation as he resumed his work, Aizawa taking note of the twitching and most likely sensitive ears on his student's head.

"I see. Anyways, I spoke to Recovery Girl earlier," he began, sitting at the table next to Shoto, "she said the effects will last at most seven more days. She also said if you feel sick or start having any other side-effects to go and see her immediately."

"Okay, thanks."

Aizawa stayed upon Todoroki's request, his student getting him to mark his work as he did it so he could catch up quicker. He had to ask Mic about the translation assignment, and the Voice Hero was all too excited whilst face-timing him and Shoto.

"Glad to see you're back little listener!" Mic cheered, it looked like he was in his radio station.

"Loud." Todoroki huffed under his breath before directing the camera over his work. "I've done everything but the final question. It's a trick right, there isn't anything wrong with the sentence." he declared bluntly.

Mic laughed, saying he was correct and that it was a trick question. This led to several of his classmates groaning in the background that they had spent far too long trying to figure it out. Once his work was finished, Shoto retired to his dorm room, calling his mother to explain why he hadn't written or visited her to put her at ease. She was humoured by the quirk accident, saying her son looked even more adorable than usual. He couldn't stay mad for long, not when Rei was smiling so happily...

The following Monday Todoroki received a lot of double-takes and heart eyes as he walked to school with Midoriya. His friend was trying to distract him by spitting out all sorts of hero trivia, mostly about All Might, but the heavy stares were making him feel twitchy. The whispers made his ears extra sensitive, so when he sat down in his seat and Deku fell silent as he shut the classroom door, he sighed with relief. 

"Sorry about that Todoroki-kun." Deku apologised, sitting in the empty seat next to Shoto as they waited for their other classmates to arrive; Iida was already diligently at his seat, running through the class chores for the week.

"Everyone was looking at me more than normal." Shoto complained, his ears flopping forwards with despair.

"They were probably just a bit surprised, like we were!" Deku tried to assure. "Or maybe they think you look cute?!" he blurted out.

"Cute?"

"So cute! Todobae, everyone totally wants to date you if they didn't already!" Mina exclaimed as she and Ochako entered the classroom.

"Mina please do not shout, Todoroki's ears are very sensitive!" Iida advised before slapping a hand over his mouth at his own shouting.

"Sorry!" the pink-haired girl whispered with a grin, Uraraka waving in greeting as she sat at her seat.

Morning class passed as normal, and at lunch Todoroki and Momo stayed in the classroom to eat lunch so as to not draw anymore attention to his new features. He wanted to put a hoodie on, that would at least hide his ears, and his tail felt uncomfortable pressed against his pant leg all day. He changed in a stall for hero training after Aizawa passed him a modified suit that would cater to his tail, and he took a moment of quiet to observe his feline additions before Bakugou yelled that he was going to be late.

It turns out being part-cat comes in handy when trying to become a hero. His hearing was excellent for recon, and he could spot an incoming attack from a mile away. His tail increased his natural agility, helping him dodge surprise punches speedy kicks. The only downside was that his classmates sometimes got distracted when having a hand to hand combat fight, making his win too easy, and that when Bakugou let off a small Howitzer Impact nearby he had to cover his ears at the jolting pain that rippled down through his skull.

"What Icyhot?! Can't handle a little noise?!" the blond teased.

Shoto looked at him before hissing and walking off, leaving Denki and Sero cackling nearby.

"Oi, don't you hiss at me half and half bastard!" 

"I guess he doesn't remember all those times you held him in your arms, huh Kaachan?" Denki teased with a grin.

"Fuck off!"

But that wasn't entirely true, because that evening when Endeavour showed up to check on his son (Aizawa having alerted him on the situation, hanging up before the Hellfire Hero could even begin to try and yell at him), Bakugou felt a soft and light brush against his ankle. Todoroki had appeared next to him, swiftly and silently, and his tail was wrapped around the blond's ankle. He didn't seem aware of this as his eyes were too focused on his father on the opposite side of the room, ears turned back at the loud and threatening voice.

Thankfully his father's visit wasn't long, and soon the class were all gathered in the common room ready to watch the newest hero documentary. Bakugou's eyes trailed every so often to the cat tail swishing off the edge of the sofa, its owner sitting next to shitty Deku, before he pulled out his phone and googled 'anxious cat behaviour'.

Sure enough he learned that cats use their tails to express emotions just like their ears, and what Shoto did earlier showed that he felt safe with Bakugou. He huffed and put his phone away, forcing his eyes to remain on the TV. Momo on the other hand, the other favourite human whilst Todoroki was in cat form, found that her friend still expressed affection even now. She was on the other side of Todoroki and, seeing him grow tired, she let him rest his head on her shoulder; soon enough, he was asleep and purring softly as she ran a hand through his hair.

"So cute!" Uraraka gushed, on the floor in front of the trio, Deku nodding in agreement. A flash came from their left, an invisible hand holding a phone in mid-air...

It had been four more days since he had returned to his human form, and Todoroki was restless thinking about the possible permanence of the quirk. His tail and ears did have their perks, but they weren't a natural part of him and drew more attention than he liked. This restlessness made him twitchy all day, and by late evening he was pacing in the common room whilst Momo and Midoriya were trying to calm him down.

"I'm sure it won't last forever Todoroki." Momo mediated calmly, her voice quite so as to not further distress her friend.

"Yaomomo is right," added Deku, "Recovery Girl will think of something. I'm sure of it."

Shoto nodded, truly only half-listening to them as he continued to pace; it wasn't until he sensed footsteps coming down from the third floor that he focused back on the present.

"Shinsou." he stated, and the purple-haired boy appeared from the dark hallway.

"Evening. Coffee?" he asked the trio who shook their heads; with a shrug he poured himself a mug before sitting on the sofa too. "What's up?"

"Todoroki-kun is worried about the possibility that this mutation quirk may be permanent." 

"Well if it is at least you look cute." Shinsou shrugged once more.

"Not helping." whined Shoto.

"Why don't we all go to bed and discuss this further tomorrow?" suggested Momo.

"I won't be able to sleep. Everything is too sensitive." 

"I can help."

Shoto turned to Shinsou who drained his mug of coffee before placing it on the coffee table. 

"How?"

"I used to have a cat with anxiety, so I learned how to help her relax." Shinsou explained. "It's just some tracing and light massage really, nothing weird."

Shoto was hesitant but with Deku's encouragement that it was worth a try and Momo's insistent expression, he sat down opposite the insomniac as his friends took the other sofa. 

"Okay, close your eyes for me," Shinsou began, "I'm not gonna use my quirk by the way."

Closing his eyes with a small hum, he felt Shinsou place his hands gently on his shoulders and begin to knead away the tension in his muscles. A shaky sigh left his lips when he pressed deeply, Shinsou telling him that it's okay and to relax. Ever so slowly his hands trailed away from his shoulders up to the sides of his neck and then gently brushing against his cheeks. The light touches were making him feel dizzy, the sleepy haze washing down on him when Shinsou began to rub at his scalp in just the right places around his ears.

Deep purrs filled the air, warm and content and making Momo and Deku smile happily. Shinsou let a small smile out too before resuming focus on his task, focusing on his movements around the neck and head area but sometimes tracing a fingertip down the bow of Shoto's nose to its tip in hopes of easing the tension in his forehead away.

Shoto thought he heard Shinsou say that his classmates could go to bed, but in his sleepy mind all that reached him was 'good' and 'soft'. He hummed in agreement, the touches were soft and he did feel good. 

"You still there?" Shinsou asked as he scratched under Todoroki's chin, a deeper rumbling purr his response. "Come on, let's get you to bed."

The hands trailed down from his ears to his waist before he was picked up and lifted in the air. He tensed his muscles and stretched out his arms in front of him, legs stretching towards the ground, before Shinsou held him against his front and walked to the elevator. The journey was comfortable, soft and fading purrs filling the warm air whenever Shinsou traced the nape of his neck. 

Managing to get Todoroki's dorm key from his pocket, he carried Shoto into his room before placing him carefully on his futon, bundling up all the blankets he could around him so he would feel warm and safe. He found sleep was easier to come by too when he returned to his own dorm, the echoes of happy purrs lulling him off to sleep...

Early the next morning, Momo had alerted Aizawa of Todoroki's condition and the teacher made his classes a little easier in the afternoon. They focused on evacuation technique and infiltration rather than physical combat, so it was nice for Shoto to be able to improve his hero abilities without the fear of his eardrums erupting. He left school feeling satisfied and hungry, so when Bakugou announced he was cooking he was in the living room waiting. 

He knew something was up the moment Mina appeared, Hagakure and Uraraka behind her. Bright eyes lit with mischief met his, and he didn't have time to ask what she wanted before Denki appeared from behind and dragged him to the table. He let out a surprised trill, hissing quietly whilst rubbing the red marks around his wrist.

"We wanted to do an experiment Todobae!" Mina began excitedly. "It's really simply and for science, so you can't say no."

"No."

Bakugou choked a laugh from where he was frying some vegetables on the stove, catching Shoto's eye before telling Mina to hurry up and get the hell out of his kitchen.

"Okay okay. Ready... go!"

Mina placed an empty cup in front of Todoroki. It was a plain cup, right from the cupboard, and was set down just a few inches from the edge of the... oh. His hands twitched subconsciously, pupils flicking across the distance from the cup to the edge of the table. It was so close, too close, and just too tempting. In a flash he had hit the cup and sent it flying off the table, a wave of satisfaction rushing through him when it slid across the floor. The problem was solved.

His eyes dilated with happiness and he hummed before looking up at Mina.

"Todobae, you are seriously the cutest person to ever exist ever." she stated seriously before gushing and scratching behind his ears; happy from his recent endeavours he pushed his head up into her hand, earning some 'aw's from around him and more photos from Hagakure. 

"Alright time to eat!" Bakugou caught everyone's attention with the prospect of food and suddenly everyone was rushing around the table to sit down and eat. Shoto pouted at the loss of contact on his scalp, but when he felt a deep scratch from the person behind him he slumped in his seat and let out a soft purr. "You can knock off all the cups that you want after dinner, dumbass..."

The following evening, warm and sleepy from good food and happy from a video call with his sister, Shoto was in the common room, pillow in his lap as he watched an anime-adaptation of one of his favourite manga. Little did he know, his hands were making small fists and he was kneading the pillow, making little kitten biscuits and purring every once in a while. This state of happiness was recorded by Sero who had joined him to watch the show too, and he shoved a hand over his mouth to not coo and pull his friend out of whatever headspace he was in.

Buzz.

Todoroki's eyes snapped up to the ceiling, ears pointed straight as they strained to catch that sound again.

"What's up Roki?" asked Sero, trying to find whatever had distracted Shoto.

Buzz.

There it was again, this time further back. Craning his neck he caught a dash of movement by the window, and he soon saw that it was just a fly. His body untensed as he turned to face the window, now too focused on watching the fly go round and round and round and round and-

Jirou and Momo walked by, beginning to call out a getting when Sero put a finger over his lips and pointed to the window. Todoroki hadn't noticed them too busy following the fly's circular movements with his head, round and round and round.

"He's acting just like a cat." stated Jirou. "I wonder how long he'll stay there?"

Todoroki was there for an entire hour, eyes not straining from the fly even as it left the window and took up residence flying around the ceiling lights. By that time most of their class had joined him and Sero in the common room or saw them in passing, all noting just how focused Shoto was...

At last the quirk wore off, and after two weeks had passed Todoroki finally woke up in his regular body. No tail touching every surface and no ears twitching at every single sound around him. He felt calm and peaceful, and it was made even better by the fact that it was the weekend. He hummed happily and rolled back up in his blankets intent on sleeping in.

He woke up again at 11AM and decided it was time for breakfast. A quick wash and change of clothes, he entered the elevator only to bump into Aoyama.

"Monsieur you are yourself again?! Magnifique!"

"Merci beaucoup Aoyama."

"Tu es toujours aussie beau, Todoroki, et ton Français n'est jamais meilleur."

"Merci. J'aime parler Français avec toi."

"Oh la la! Quel messieurs."

Todoroki gave him a small smile in return before they left the elevator and entered the kitchen, already ready for his classmates responses to his tail and ears disappearing.

"Todoroki, good morning!" Deku greeted. "You're back to normal, that's great!"

Nodding in agreement, Shoto poured himself some coffee and took some fruit from the fridge before joining his friend at the dining table.

"It's quiet." he commented, even though several classmates were in both the kitchen and common room, chatting happily on their day off.

"I guess you really were hyper-sensitive. Now you don't have to stress over earache or headaches."

"Hm." Todoroki yawned before stretching his arms above his head, rubbing away the last remnants of sleep as he finished his coffee; looking over, he was surprised to find Midoriya looking at him with surprise. "What?"

"N-no it's nothing! You just yawned and stretched the same way when the quirk was still active."

"Oh." Shoto mused before shrugging.

The weekend passed by uneventfully, the girls showing him all of the photos they took, him visiting his mother and enjoying all of her long hugs, and Bakugou teasing him for his actions as a cat.

"You were always sleepy and staring and clumsy as ever, you know. Be thankful none of these idiots killed you on accident." Bakugou claimed as he made himself a protein shake, Shoto leaning against the side with a cup of tea.

"Was that a sentiment of annoyance or concern?" he frowned, tilting his head.

"You choose dumbass, you've still got that dumb cat brain!" the blond grumbled.

"Hm... well Mina said you let me sleep on your bed, so I'll guess it is concern."

"Shut up half and half!"

With that Bakugou stormed out of the kitchen with his shake, Todoroki watching in amusement. But before he exited he stopped by Shoto, glared at him, before scratching his hair atop his scalp. To both their surprise Shoto liked it, humming softly before the blond pulled away and left.

"You see!" Bakugou yelled from the stairs. "Dumb cat brain!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

556 2 7
Hi everyone so I've been burnt out lately but I've also had many ideas that I'm not sure I want to make a whole separate book for since in the past I...
184K 2.9K 20
I'm thriving on Bakukiri right now, but I'll try to keep it diverse. -I'm open to suggestions. -There will be trigger warnings if needed! -I will NOT...
8.9K 286 22
Izuku Midoriya doesn't need love, or atleast he didn't at the time. He never truly thought it would make his life better. But it'll all change once...
43.1K 1K 47
Tododeku Bakudeku and Kiribaku fluff one shots/shorts. I might add more ships as I go further into the deep recesses of the bnha fandom. but right no...