Artificial Insecurities

By WriterMojo16

John has a gift for Daniel, but it's not what he's expecting... A tiny artificial intelligence named Pixel More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 7

29 2 0
By WriterMojo16

 When I arrived home last night I was expecting a movie. Instead John asks me to come downstairs and explains his project, an artificial intelligence that will help me in times of panic. He says his name is Pixel and he's a little shy and very cautious around him so I should expect it for me.

We reached the bottom of the stairs when I see something dart across the table. I immediately jump to conclusions like ghosts or demons and I start to freak out. John tells me to say hello. I noticed a 3D printed house at the end of the desk. I muttered something, my mind was racing. It stopped as soon as I heard his voice reply, asking to look away. I did for a bit but looked back. We both froze and locked eyes. I almost fainted and he fell over. I bet he could tell I'm terrified, he looked a bit anxious and he looked a bit terrified.

He is so small. Pixel is tiny. When he asked about size, I felt like I was a giant. When he fell over I felt as helpless as he did. He must have been terrified, I'm almost a foot taller than John yet smaller in comparison. I'm less social, smart, and creative. John made Pixel, what have I done?

When Pixel went back to his house I felt like I did something wrong. I carefully scooted my chair a little closer to the desk.

" H-hey Pixel, it was nice meeting you too. Good night." John looked a bit worried when I left but he'll be fine. Pixel on the other hand, I could see through the little window him laying down on the cold plastic. I told John that I was willing to sew a bed together for him. He agreed to this. After that I went to bed.

____________________________________

" Good morning John, is Pixel up?" I was hoping to learn more about him.

" Yeah he's up. Last night Pixel was happy to meet you, he wanted you to know that."

" Okay, I was happy to meet him too." I took some toast John had just made and gently descended down the stairs.

" Hello Pixel, it's um... Daniel. I wanted to know if you wanted to hang out?" I heard pixel over by the keyboard but I couldn't see him, until he poked his head out from behind the neck of the monitor.

" I don't see why not, but I want you to know I am a tiny bit scared right now."

" Well that makes the two of us." He walked over to his little house and pulled a 3D printed chair out, it looked so heavy for him. He sat down facing me. Just two buds, with a long distance apart, having a chat.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Kairos By leigh heasley

Science Fiction

843K 23K 28
Time travel is legal and Ada Blum is looking for love. But what happens when one of her charming bachelors from the past makes his way to the present...