All I Ever Needed (Klaus Mika...

By harrysteelss

Julianna Duquette is Klaus Mikaelson's lost lover. The two were separated on that dreadful night in New Orlea... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - I Came A Long Way
Chapter 2 - Finally Found You
Chapter 3 - New Orleans
Chapter 4 - Prince of The Quarter
Chapter 5 - Witches
Chapter 7 - The Osiris Coven
Chapter 8 - My Dear Sibling
Chapter 9 - It's Been Too Long
Chapter 10 - Run
Chapter 11 - As I Lay Dying
Chapter 12 - Werewolves and The Wicked Witch
Chapter 13 - Problems Bigger Than You
Chapter 14 - Promise
Chapter 15 - The Witch is Dead
Chapter 16 - Months
Chapter 17 - I'm Here
Chapter 18 - Love Her To Bits and Pieces
Chapter 19 - Hello & Goodbye
Chapter 20 - Always Isn't Forever After All
Chapter 21 - Forbidden Love
Chapter 22 - Paranoia
Chapter 23 - Home Sweet Home
Chapter 24 - The Truth
Chapter 25 - Two Weeks Too Long
Chapter 26 - Broken
Chapter 27 - All Too Familiar
Chapter 28 - Is it Too Late?
Chapter 29 - Wake up
Chapter 30 - Too Much
Chapter 31 - Put the Witch to Rest
Chapter 32 - Gone Girl
Chapter 33 - Find Me, Save Me
Chapter 34 - Midnight
Chapter 35 - Uh Oh
Chapter 36 - New Beginnings
Chapter 37 - Calm Before the Storm
Discontinued

Chapter 6 - Magic

11.2K 212 38
By harrysteelss

Julianna's POV

"Sophie we just need you to teach her a simple locator spell." Rebekah says.

"She can barely control simple powers and she doesn't even know how to use her magic. Let alone a locator spell." Sophie explains.

"Isn't this part of the deal. I can't leave New Orleans because you selfish witches want power." I say. "If you want me to be powerful enough so you guys can go against everyone, then teach me."

"I can't. Witches who practice magic in this town get caught and they get killed."

"Yes, about that. Our lovely Julianna is half vampire meaning she can't be killed easily. Also, it seems you left out a crucial detail." Klaus begins, he sits on the armchair and smirks. "Marcel's secret weapon, the way he knows when a witch is using magic."

"Girl about yay high," Rebekah says with her arm in the air in example for showing Davina's height. "Cute as a button, anger issues." She describes.

"Davina?" Sophie questions. "Where have you seen her?"

"I don't know. The little brat erased Julianna and I's memory right after she threw me out a window and snapped Julianna's neck with her bloody mind." Rebekah says.

"Let me cut to the chase." Klaus says leaning forward in his seat. "Davina has Elijah, you witches, I assume, want to get Davina away from Marcel. We don't know where she is. Ergo, we need magic."

"Davina would sense it." Sophie reminds us.

"Unless of course another witch, say, a traitor to the cause, Katie, for example, was to perform much more powerful magic at the same time that would create a smokescreen concealing your very small spell for Davina." Rebekah explains. "We need Davina out of Marcel's hands. That is the whole reason why you want to teach Julianna. So she can become powerful enough to get Davina back to the witches." Sophie was silent for a while.

"Katie doesn't deserve to die." She says. Klaus slams his hands on the table and gets up from the arm chair.

"Sophie Deveraux." He sits on the coffee table in front of her. "You're in no position to be so principled. You can't win a war without a few strategic losses, no matter how regrettable they may be. How many times have the vampires been one step ahead, known something they shouldn't? Your sister, executed in the public square for practicing magic. Who knew she'd be caught? Did she even attempt to flee?" Klaus asked.

"She was caught hiding in a cargo hold of a freighter before it set sail across the Mississippi." Sophie explains.

"And who? pray tell, of Marcel's valued inner circle manages his business at the docks?"

"Katie's boyfriend Thierry." Sophie says.

After everyone left to do their thing, I was left alone in the house. I got my phone out of my pocket and searched through my contacts. I learned something about a very certain someone who did know lots about witches and magic. Sophie isn't willing to teach me, so I'm going to call someone who can, and they probably know more about magic than she does. I press the phone to my ear and smile as I hear the familiar voice.

"Kol, I need your help."

*

I walked into a small café and I was hit with the aroma of coffee and pastries. I searched the tables and I found the familiar brunette head across the room. I walked over to the table and sat across from him.

"So tell me darling, how is New Orleans?" Kol asks.

"Like hell. Nik is being Nik, trying to reclaim a throne and daggering poor Elijah, Rebekah re-encountering an old lover." I explain and he chuckles.

"I might have been locked in a box for centuries but, that sounds like my usual siblings right there." He says. "So why did you call me out here?"

"I found out something completely impossible but it's possible." He gives me a look that says 'continue'. "I'm a hybrid."

"Did Nik turn you by accident?" He asks.

"That's the thing, I'm not half werewolf."

"Then what other half are you?" He questions with a confused look.

"I'm half witch."

"That's impossible. Every witch who gets turned into a vampire, is consumed by vampirism causing them to lose their magic." He says. I explain to him what Sophie told me and what happened in the living room with the candles and he slowly begins to believe me. "Although I believe you, I'm still very confused. It has never been possible for a witch to be a vampire. Witches are a natures servant, vampires are an abomination of nature."

"I don't know." I sighed. "That still part of the story I need to find out. If I can find someone who knows what the hell is going on and why." I say in frustration. "Anyways, the reason I called you to meet me is because I know you were very into witches and that you know a lot. Sophie is refusing to teach me so I was wondering, can you teach me?" I ask.

"Of course, it'd be my pleasure." He smirks.

"We can't do it in the French Quarter. Witches can't practice without getting killed. Thanks to Marcel and his super powerful witch that senses magic in the quarter." I explain to him. He gets up and stands next to me with his elbow out for me to take, I stand up and hook my arm to his.

"Let's get started then."

*

"So where are my dear siblings?" Kol asks.

"They're at some stupid party Marcel is throwing. I have no purpose there and right now they're working out a plan." I say. Kol had driven us to a forest a little far away from the quarter, since I couldn't leave New Orleans because I was linked to Sophie, I had a limit to where I could go. We stop walking when we reach a tree stump surrounded by nothing but trees that were about a few yards away from it. The trees seemed to form a perfect circle around it and it looked like a typical witch practicing spot. "Did you bring a grimoire? And other witchy stuff?" I ask.

"Just like you asked." He said pulling the grimoire out of a backpack. He threw it onto the tree stump and dust flew out of it. I coughed and waved it out of my face. "You need to start easy. Do you know how to use your magic?"

"No. It only came up when I was yelling at Nik."

"Okay." He says. He reaches into the backpack and pulls out a simple white candle and places it on the stump. "Focus on lighting the candle." I nod and look down at the candle. I stare at it for a few moments and even putting out my hand in front of it, still nothing happened.

"Kol, this isn't working." I sigh.

"Just keep trying. It will work." He urged. I tried it again and a few minutes later, still nothing. I let out a loud exasperated sigh and sat on the ground.

"This is stupid." I say pointing towards the candle. To my surprise, it lights up. I smile and look up at Kol and he's smiling as well.

"I told you it would work." He said. He helped me practice a few other easy spells which I failed a bunch of times but managed to perfect them. I was finally able to use my magic on demand without using them out of frustration.

"Do you think I can do an un-linking spell?" I question.

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves Julianna. You just learned how to use your magic on demand." He reminded me. I hate to admit it but he was right. There was no way I would be able to unlink Sophie and I if I barely learned how to use my magic. I wanted to keep doing spells that were too powerful for me at the moment. I thought about chants or incantations I heard witches use hoping I could use one that would be easy for me. One came to mind and I focused on the ring the trees caused around the tree stump.

"Incendia." The ring we're encircled in bursts into flames and Kol is surprised with the sudden flames.

"Impressive." He smirks, I look up at him with a mirrored smirk on my lips.

*

I returned back to the plantation almost around midnight. I quietly walked into the house and I was met with Rebekah.

"Where in the bloody hell were you?" She demands.

"Out and about." I respond. I walk into the living room and pour scotch into a glass.

"I'm serious." She says. I sigh in defeat.

"Alright, alright. I was with Kol." I said.

"What were you doing with Kol?" Klaus asks walking into the room.

"I asked him to teach me a few things about magic." I smile.

"Julianna. If Davina sensed it, you could die. No one can know you're a witch." Rebekah sighs.

"Well obviously I'm not that stupid." I drink the containing liquid in my glass and place it on the table. "We went a little outside the quarter, enough to be out of Davina's sense but not enough for Sophie's stupid link."

"Great. Kol is handy with all the witch stuff." Klaus says. "What did he teach you?"

"Basics." I respond. My eyes flick over to the candles on the coffee table and a few seconds later they light up.

"You can control it now." Rebekah smiles.

"I'm planning on doing a lot more. I just need to practice more and I'll get the hang of everything. Besides me, what happened tonight?"

"He can explain it to you." Rebekah says. She gets up and walks out of the house in annoyance.

"What did you do now?" I ask. I sit down on the sofa and he sits beside me.

"Sabotaged the plan a little bit. I have to say it worked out because we're getting Elijah back." He smirks. For the first time in these last two days, I felt relief.

"Perfect."

A/N

I'm not killing off Kol because he's precious and and he doesn't deserve to die.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

730K 14.2K 33
What if there what another person who knew the Mikaelson's before they got turned into Vampires. What if Niklaus had a best friend in the other world...
17K 509 26
Danielle Rodriguez has spent the last three weeks in Spain with her girlfriends, living wild and free like a normal nineteen year old on holiday brea...
3.2K 28 19
Kidnapped. Tortured. Love. Hatred. Revenge. ~New Orleans~ *DISCLAIMER* This book wasn't made to be exactly like The Originals. I didn't follow the Ma...
56.2K 1K 36
AU > The Originals - It's been 10 years since the Mikaelson's fell to the deadly Hollow. Rebekah and Marcel happily living in New York, Kol getting r...