Imprisoned By The Tyrannical...

By TheMischievousHer

Swept by a giant bird and separated from her friends, Ruby fell into the most dangerous place in the whole br... More

Chapter 1: The Fall
Chapter 2: Prisoner
Chapter 3: Wager
Chapter 4: Hide And Kiss
Chapter 5: Exiled
Chapter 6: Drifting Apart
Chapter 7: Where's Ruby?
Chapter 8: Common Rose
Chapter 9: A Glimps of The Past
Chapter 10: Let Me Court You
Chapter 11: Welcome to Avalor
Chapter 12: Am I in Love with Him?
Chapter 13: A Fateful Day
Chapter 14: Choosing Our Path
Chapter 15: The Ashura Tribe
Chapter 16: The Trickster
Chapter 17: Shatter Thy Bonds
Chapter 18: The Wolf's Dream
Chapter 19: Undeniable Affections
Chapter 20: Casual Talks
Chapter 21: Love And Spite
Chapter 22: Fallen Petals, Sharpened Thorns
Chapter 23: Mistress Of The Abyss
Chapter 24: Kidnapped Again
Chapter 25: Gods Of The Underworld
Chapter 26: Children Of Fenrir
Chapter 27: The Banquet
Chapter 28: Fall Of The Elf King
Chapter 29: Rise Of The Wolf Queen
Ruby's Wolves
Chapter 30: First Conquest
Chapter 32: Reign of Queen Ruby
Chapter 33: Heart Of Skadi
Chapter 34: Lord Stepfather?
Chapter 35: Snake Dreams Again
Chapter 36: The God Of Death Is Hot
Chapter 37: Demon's Mark
Chapter 38: Wrath Of The Goddess
Chapter 39: The Sixth Battle
Chapter 40: False Companion
Chapter 41: Edelweiss
Chapter 42: Anput And Kebechet
Chapter 43: Crimson Flower's Icy Bloom
Chapter 44: Snake's Death Cheat
Chapter 45: Little Companion
Chapter 46: After Party
Chapter 47: The Four Travelers
Chapter 48: Sins And Sensibility
Chapter 49: Rest For The Troubled
Chapter 50: The Vision
Chapter 51: The Not So Typical Team
(Smut) Hela And Anubis Special!
Chapter 52: The Exciting Part
Chapter 53: Helheim's Truth
Chapter 54: Ress And Ozzy
Chapter 55: Allies

Chapter 31: Everyone Interrupts A Demon's Bath

411 23 8
By TheMischievousHer

Dyrroth sighed in relief as his fourth bout finally ended with him emerging victoriously just like his other fights. It was very difficult and challenging since it was not only a battle of physical and mental strength but also psychological. Hela is really detailed and brutal when it comes to her games but thankfully he received a few useful tips from Fenrir and a little help from Anubis. He doesn't quite understand why the Jackal God is helping him but he appreciated it nonetheless.

He's currently in the bathhouse where he would usually go after every game. Each victory afforded him more privileges like a fancy room, access to the bathhouse, and delicious food. Dyrroth doesn't understand why his soul can still feel hunger, pain, and fatigue but Fenrir told him that being dead in the Norse culture is merely a transition from the mortal world into a higher plane of existence. In some cases, the souls of the deceased could return into the mortal realm as someone or something else.

Dyrroth stepped into the empty space of the vast bathhouse. The humid air immediately greeted him coming from the steaming pools that littered the ground. He could smell the incense and other herbs wafting into the atmosphere that gave him a sense of calmness yet he didn't dare to lower his guard.

He began popping off the buckles of his armor, letting them drop unceremoniously on the floor with a loud thud. He kicked off his metal boots and removed his chain mail shirt over his head. Once stripped of all his dirty garments, he began dousing cold water over his head to wash away the blood and grime that had accumulated on his body in the course of his fights. He shooed away the huldras who offered to help him clean and only accepted the soap and towel they gave him.

After freeing his body from the layers of dirt that clung onto his skin, he finally submerged himself in the small pool of the bath. The steaming warmth of the water was a comforting change from the biting cold temperature of Niflheim. It almost reminded him of the hot springs in the Abyss where he would occasionally bathe with Ruby. The huntress didn't enjoy it as much as he did because she said that it was too hot for her so he had to adjust his preferences just to spend some leisure time with her during his busy days. The nymphs began serving food and mead around him which floated in the air over silver platters.

He especially enjoyed the liquor which was very strong yet tasty. It somehow reminded him of Ruby who is as sweet as she is spunky.

"Thinking of someone?" whispered a sweet yet sinister voice into his ear. He immediately became alert as he felt the Goddess of Death slide beside him wearing absolutely nothing and revealing her vivacious body for his eyes to feast upon.

He quickly looked in the other direction not wanting to have Anubis smite him out of existence.

"Good evening, Queen Hela. You look very beautiful but could you put some space between us? Your husband Anubis will get angry. Your games are difficult as it is so I don't need a Death God to make it harder and more dangerous." he greeted, withholding any emotion that might encourage the flirtatious goddess.

"Oh, don't be so uptight now. You needn't worry about Anubis, he gets pretty jealous but he's not a bad guy. In fact, I'm more evil than him. He's just possessive but it's simply because he never really had anything to call his own. He might be the God of Death but he is not the ruler of the Aegyptian Underworld. His dad is. Can you imagine working for your father all your immortal existence? If I was in his position, I would have slit Loki's throat before the first second." said Hela cheerily as if they were close friends.

"Well, I can relate. I don't want to be someone else's underling." he commented just to sound the slightest bit interested in her monolog.

"Right? I don't understand how he can be satisfied with his station even though he simply weighs the scales and judges the worth of each soul. He doesn't get rewarded for keeping evil out of the Afterlife. He doesn't own anything unlike me who owns this place. It might be gloomy and boring sometimes, but it's mine. I have my own subjects. Both gods and giants respect and fear me while he's only on the sidelines obediently doing his job like a loyal dog."

"And yet you love him even though he's a dog?"

"Yes, that and he fucks pretty well. But enough about him, let's talk about you. Why are you fighting so hard? Why do you resist me? You know that death is more merciful than life, right? If only you accept me then I can make you the most glorified and exalted person here. I will give you all the pleasures that you want if you only surrender yourself to me and vow to obey my command. I can make you a king." offered Hela as she traced her slender fingers on his chest.

"It's a very enticing offer but I will pass. Life might be hard and cruel but it's worth fighting for. Plus I already invested a lot of effort into it. I want to see how it will play out."

"So you are refusing my offer because of what?" questioned the goddess, confusion clearly written on her pale face.

"Because of love." He simply replied. There was a brief pause from the goddess who took some time to process his words.

"You? A ruthless sinful demon is fighting to live just for love?"

"Yes."

"Hahahahaha! Jormungandr needs to hear this! This is the best joke of the century. A demon that loves a human? Fuck, I can't stop laughing!" exclaimed the goddess as she erupted into a violent laughing fit.

"You can mock me as much as you want. Even I think that it's stupid but I've never known anything more true in my life. After all, that's why I'm playing as a pawn in your brother's game."

"Ah, so you are aware of his schemes. Mind telling me what it's all about? I can never really understand that dog. He is very spontaneous and enigmatic. He plays a dangerous game of chess against Fate but I don't know what it's for."

"I don't really know why he's making me do what I'm doing but all I know is that it's for Ruby."

"His human? The Stormborn girl." Hela mused, surprise and interest are clearly written on her face.

"Ah, I finally understand. So he's arranging all the pieces to turn his pawn into a queen. The mad dog is not going to finish the game, he's going to break it and rewrite the rules. That's why he wanted that bargain..."

"Hela, can I ask you something?" Dyrroth said, shaking her from her reverie.

"You're getting rather confident, boy. But I will allow it. What do you wish to ask from me?"

"The fatal injuries I retained were from a war. I died fighting which means that my death is honorable no matter how evil I am. So why am I welcomed here instead of Valhalla? Ruby said that that's where heroes go when they die and Helheim is the place where people who died of sickness and old age go." he asked. He didn't miss the twinkle in her eyes nor the story hidden behind her smile.

"Well, the answer is simple. It doesn't exist anymore."

"What?" he mumbled incredulously.

"There might be a pale imitation in Northern Vale but most of the souls go down here now. Your maiden told you about the culture of the Norse and you interacted with Fenrir. Somehow you believed in us, that's why you're here. Only those who believed in the Norse can go to Valhalla or Helheim."

"Wait, if Valhalla is destroyed does that mean that Ragnarok already happened?"

"A long long time ago. The old gods are dying. Nothing is truly eternal. Once the last Viking dies and forgets about our culture then all of this will cease to exist. Why do you think they call faith? Because the belief is what makes it continue being real. Our time is nearly ending in this world and without anyone believing in us anymore we will be no one. But for you it won't happen for a very long long time." said the queen as she touched his arm to trace the firm muscles on his biceps.

"I thought you were gods? Why don't you live forever?"

"Look at the stars, boy. Those things are more powerful and more primordial than us. They've witnessed everything that happened in every world there is but you cannot be certain which of them is still there. The distance between here and there is too immense so the light travels thousands of years to reach your eyes. Even the ones that shine the brightest might merely be remnants of long-dead stars."

"Intresting. I've always thought that they're ethernal like diamonds."

"We were like that before." Hela added.

"Stars?"

"Yes and something much older. Before there was light, before there was anything, there was only energy and thoughts. It was the First Order and the First Chaos. It was a vast network of imagination that visualized worlds and existence. It creates the "what ifs" and the "what would". No one knew how long it happened because time didn't exist back then. It might have happened for eons or maybe even seconds but one moment something new is happening."

"Light was born followed by everything in creation. The thoughts that were formless were given shape. Some became planets, some became stars, some became gods, and some became humans, elves, dwarves, and everything else. It was not a singular God who created everything, though some bastards took credit for it like that obnoxious Zeus." Hela muttered with distaste and Dyrroth got the feeling that there was some history between the two.

"But yes, we Celestial Beings do have the power to create other life forms and give them consciousness. But before you minor creations, it was actually the thoughts that sought out form so in a way we created ourselves. Isn't that what you mortals do? Some go on elaborate adventures just to find who they are, soul searching was it? What a stupid notion. In reality, you are only looking for a mirror where you can see how you've built yourself. Existence is a collective effort to be something or someone. But one day we may return to the universe as pure energy. I know that some are trying to return to it."

"But why?" asked the demon "If they're already something why would they return to being nothing?"

"Maybe because they want to reinvent themselves. When you are nothing then there's also nothing stopping you from becoming anything."

"You're not making any sense but I think I understand. Somehow."

"You don't have to understand it now but it is the general principle on Fenrir's schemes. Among us children of Loki, that dog is the most mischievous and cunning. I might have a grasp of what he's planning but I can never be certain of what it's really for. But because I like you, I will give you a fair warning: Never trust that wolf even for a single second. The fish is often caught by its mouth so observe what he tells you and always question it." said the goddess as she took a sip of mead.

"I'll keep that in mind."

"But don't worry. No matter what happens to you, you'll still be mine in the end. Rest assured that I will take care of you. I'll leave you for now. It seems that Anubis finally returned from his shift. It's time to be his wife and warm his bed. I wonder what he'll do to me if he finds out that I went here to see you. Mmmhh, I wish it's something very, very dirty."

"So you only went here to make your husband jealous?" Dyrroth concluded, giving her a judgemental look.

"A little but I really adore young and handsome lads. I loved your performances and I will overlook the fact that Fenrir had been helping you a little and Anubis too. Just make sure that you don't destroy your soul core or else you'll be lost to the Void. I'll take my leave then. See you in your next bout I'll be sure to up my game to make it more fun." The goddess of death gave him a finally lascivious smile and winked at him before disappearing into a puff of black roses. Dyrroth was once again left alone in the caldarium with more thoughts to accompany him but it wasn't long when someone else came in to prowl on his leisure personal time.

Fenrir emerged from the shadows a few minutes after his sister left. The unnatural cold and induced fear greeted him like a restless ghost. He had grown accustomed to these strange occurrences when the wolf made his presence known. He had guessed that this was one of the reasons why Ruby was so fearless in the Abyss. Even though his home was filled with the most gruesome of horrors the whole Land of Dawn has to offer, it still wasn't enough to be on par with the primordial evil Fenrir's presence seems to exude.

"What was my sister telling you? She knew I would be listening in so she intentionally locked me out. She might be a real bitch but she does know her magic well." the wolf said as he stepped closer towards him.

"Flirting. There was more touching than talking. It seems like Anubis wasn't satisfying her enough if she's that horny." Dyrroth replied without bothering to look up and only sipped his mead. The wolf was too massive to maintain constant eye contact and even with his simplified form he still occupied nearly half of the room.

Fenrir seemed to be aware that he's not telling him the whole truth but he didn't push it any further and only took on a humanoid form before submerging his body in a different pool. The nymphs began serving him food and beverages that hovered in the air waiting for him to take them. The wolf helped himself with the generous servings while Dyrroth ignored him, waiting patiently for the only news he's interested to hear.

A few moments later and the wolf still wasn't talking so he decided to question him instead.

"How is Ruby? What has she been doing?" Dyrroth asked as he directed the wolf with a calculating side glance.

"Celibate, if that's what you're wondering. She isn't fucking anyone though she should if she wants to loosen some tension. It's what most Vikings did after a good conquest. She recently went to war against some pedophile Sultan and she won. Good for her but bad news for Yama. She must have filled his kingdom with new tenants. Terrifying amount of paperwork." replied the Wolf God casually.

"That's my girl." whispered the demon as his heart swelled with pride. A smile slowly made its way across his lips as he visualized the image of the maiden in his mind. He can imagine her leading an army and charging valiantly from the front lines. It would have been a lovely sight to behold with his own eyes but he satisfied himself with only the thought given his current situation. Even in the Underworld, he can still remember the sweet scent of her hair and the radiant smile on her face whenever she's happy.

"But you might want to speed things down here." commented Fenrir, interrupting his reverie.

"What do you mean?" interrogated the demon as he creased his brows.

"Our little princess is becoming more and more radiant like a fire that attracts the moths and without you there to keep her for yourself then I'm afraid that she's free for the taking. And considering that she has a very big heart then maybe she can fit you and someone else simultaneously in it." Dyrroth detected the mischievous taunting in Fenrir's eyes which made him glare at him.

"And what do you suggest I do about it?" questioned the demon with slight annoyance due to the fact that he was right.

"I suggest that you complete your bouts as soon as possible. The sooner you win the faster we can get the hell out of here."

"Stop saying Hell. It might summon your sister again to touch my sword. But with regards to my fights, you already know that I'm doing my best. I'm holding back nothing and giving your sister a good performance so that I won't fall out of favor. What the hell are you doing in return since it's obvious that you're only using me as a means to an end?"

"I'm arranging all the pieces for Ruby to win and be with you for the rest of your mortal existence."

"Yeah, you can't really motivate me with something so vague."

"I also got you her used skirt." said the wolf casually as he held out the crimson fabric.

"Give it to me!" the demon exclaimed as he violently retrieved it before putting it against his face and taking in a whiff of his maiden's scent.

"Mhhh, her thigh sweat still smells like milk. I can still remember her drinking milk for breakfast and before bed because she thinks that it's going to make her taller. She's so cute. My sweet, Ruby." moaned the demon as he rubbed the fabric against his face.

"Now that your lust has been satiated and we're both clear about what we're meant to do I shall take my leave and check up on my human. I would like to formally congratulate her for her victory."

"Hey, why can't I see her? If I'm a ghost can't I like, haunt her or something?"

"I'm afraid that you can't. You are on the threshold of life and death as we speak and one wrong move can trap you in limbo. If you try to access the mortal realm in your current condition you'll most likely drift off somewhere farther. There's a barrier that keeps the dead out of the land of the living. It's some Deep Magic from before everything was created so no one can really navigate it but I am aware that there are some holes through which you can pass. However, if you make a mistake you might get stranded and lose your anchor to any realm and by then you would wander aimlessly in the Forgotten Vale."

"Fine but can't you at least tell me what she's been doing? How is she? Is she eating right? Did she get fat while I was away?"

"All I can say is that she's alive and well. I don't want to spoil you with the details of her adventures. It will give you a lot to talk about once you get back."

"Fine, but one last question."

"What is it?"

"What do you really want to achieve from all of this? What's the endgame of your schemes?" Dyrroth questioned as he finally turned his observant eyes on the wolf who casually leaned against the pool. Fenrir took some time to answer but when he did Dyrroth was only left with more unanswered questions.

"Freedom."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.1K 1.4K 72
This book is entirely dedicated to making lemons and fluffs about Ruby and other ML boys( or girls ^w^). I'm open to suggestions!! Note : I asked the...
66.1K 3.2K 23
Sequel to "The Struggles of Dating a Demon." Mabel knew dating a demonic guardian was hard and, in cases like hers, sometimes resulted in a brief lo...
322K 18.6K 33
[Completed in 2017] Logain is dying. He knows that he won't be around for much longer because of his illness and his life has been more than unsatisf...
1.6K 382 200
Ella has been a mercenary her whole life. All she's ever wanted is a little bit of fun and a lot of money. She's just looking for a job that'll land...