Starting Over

By _Elizabeth_D

BOOK ONE OF THE UNC SERIES: *Completed. Bonus Chapters are coming.* Taylor Lawson is a Lawson. Being a Lawso... More

Chapter 1: Taylor Lawson
Chapter 2: Chase Jackson
Chapter 3: The Accident
Chapter 4: An Eventful Morning
Chapter 5: Game Time
Chapter 6: The Jackson's
Chapter 7: Food and Confessions
Chapter 8: March 6th 
Chapter 9: Jake Thomas
Chapter 10: The Banquet
Chapter 11: Athletic Trainer in Training
Chapter 12: Banquet Day
Chapter 13: Rain Brings People Closer
Chapter 14: I'll Always Be There For You
Chapter 15: I'm Scared of Many Things
Chapter 16: Leah Stuart
Chapter 17: The Storm
Chapter 18: Spring Breakers
Chapter 19: Getting to Know Each Other
Chapter 20: A Beach Bar
Chapter 21: "I'm Here For You."
Chapter 22: Girls on a Mission
Chapter 23: A Jail Cell
Chapter 24: This House Doesn't Feel Like Home
Chapter 25: Starting Over
Chapter 27: A Fun Game of Basketball
Chapter 28: Date Time
Chapter 29: Once in a Lifetime
Chatper 30: Bonding With the Roomies
Chapter 31: Movie Night
Chapter 32: Chapel Hill to Havelock
Chapter 33: Fancy Fish
Chapter 34: The Real Taylor Rae Lawson
Chapter 35: Loren Peters
Chatper 36: One, Four, Three
Chapter 37: High Heels
Chapter 38: Husband and Wife
Chapter 39: I Forgive You
Chapter 40: Summer Plans
Chapter 41: The End
Bonus Chapter: Draft Day
Bonus Chapter: Graduation
Bonus Chapter: Engaged

Chapter 26: On My Mind

3K 51 1
By _Elizabeth_D

I'm currently sitting on my bed, trying to study.

I can't. Why? Because she's on my mind for the fifth time in the last hour. She's not answering my text. I don't want to be worried, but I am.

I shouldn't be worried. We're nothing. It doesn't matter how much I want us to be something.

We. Are. Nothing.

I'm leaving next year, per dad orders.

I don't have time for a relationship or whatever complicated thing we would be.

No girl has ever made me feel the way she did, by just standing in a room.

I would be comforting her right now, but Nicole says she probably needs time away from everyone.

Nicole said she needs to find herself. I hope it doesn't take long.

"Chase? What the hell are you still doing up here? I told you we were hosting a party." Hayden says storming into my room. "Plus, that chick from last season Jane or Jenni she's here. You said she was good. Maybe it will help you get your mind off Taylor."

"I really need to study. I can't be s great athlete next year if my grades are terrible."

"Fine I'll send her up here." Before I can tell him no, he's already out the door.

I know Hayden he will get side tracked. So, I'm not worried about Jenni walking up here.

The only way to get her off my mind is to text her right? I mean make sure she's okay.

Me: Just checking in, you doing okay?

It doesn't take long for her to respond.

Taylor🤍: I wasn't earlier, but pregaming at Pat's made it all better. Currently going to a frat house.
Me: Come over here. We're throwing a party.
Taylor🤍: Maybe after.
Me: Don't take drinks from strangers. The frat houses are known for drugging girls.
Taylor🤍: Trust me I know.

What does that mean? Trust me I know? Has someone drugged her because if so I'll beat their ass. Gabe will help. So, will Hayden because he knows how wrong that is. It would be the only time Hayden stands up for Taylor.

Even though she said she may come over I'm still going down there to wait for her. To see if she comes.

I throw on my signature party shirt and head down stairs.

"I didn't know you were partying with us tonight." Gabe states as I walk into the kitchen and stand by him and Hayden.

"He's down here because I said Jane was coming."

"Her name is Jenni and I came down here
because—" I start but am cut off when a pretty blonde catches my eye.

"Her? Really? I thought it was just a phase." Hayden speaks before is cut off by Loren taking his drink from him.

"I missed you guys!" Loren slurred as she gave the cup back. She then pulls us all into separate hugs. "Scratch that I love you guys!" Nicole approaches as Loren pulls out of Gabe's hug. "Is that beer pong? See ya later besties!" Loren says before running off.

"A piece of advice for you, Hayden. Loren's lips have probably touched five different frat guy's lips. So, she probably has mono. I'd lay off on the lip locking tonight." Nicole says as he was about to walk off.

He just turns around. "It's not like she'd want to kiss me, but I have two hands with five fingers on each and you can do a lot with those." He winks at her before walking off.

We all cringe at the thought of what he would be doing to Loren, if she'd let him.

"Anyways it's already pretty late and I need to find my company for tonight." Nicole says as she finishes off her drink she carried in. "Also Chase incase you were wondering, backyard."

I know exactly what backyard means.

I look over at Gabe. "Go ahead. I'm probably going to find a girl anyways."

I look at him shocked. "What about Nicole?"

"I'm not waiting around for her to realize I was here to begin with. It will take months. Maybe even until next year. My heart may want her, but I have needs. That are craving to be fulfilled."

"Fine, but let's not cause a fight this time. Maybe chose a newbie and not one of the other guy's regulars." He just nods.

I fill her up a cup of whatever I'm drinking and make my way outside.

I freeze instantly at the sign of her. She's the only person I know that can look hot with blue Jean shorts on.

She's upside down on the Keg Stand. She probably won't be needing the drink I have. Once she's done she jumps down and bows.

She spots me across the yard and starts walking over. "I think I just broke a record."

"What record? We've never had a Keg Stand here before. One of the baseball players brought it."

"Well, then I just set a new record." She states proudly.

"I'm sure you did all five seconds, was very impressive."

"You mean all twenty. Maybe longer. It's not like you could do better."

"I could but then again I am an athlete and Coach would kill me, if pictures of me on a keg stand leaked."

"Well, I'm better at everything." She says a little to confident.

"Really because I'm pretty sure I'm the professional basketball player here."

"I still think I could beat you." She says as she finishes off the drink I gave her.

"I'll have to hold you to that."

"Why don't we go see?" She's asks with a mischievous look on her face.

"Are you drunk? I would but there's no basketball courts around and ours is closed until morning."

"You're just afraid you would lose. I'm not drunk or buzzed because if I were I would be dancing on the coffee table. I can get us in. You just have to get us there." She says before heading back inside.

Taylor Rae Lawson is trouble.

Last time she wanted to do something I'm pretty sure they all ended up in jail and she was disowned by her family.

I've always been attractive to trouble. It's one of my best qualities.

Trouble inspires me.

I head upstairs and grab my car keys before locking my room. I also grab a basketball incase the equipment room is locked.

When I head downstairs and out the door she's waiting.

"You ready?" I ask

"The question is are you ready to lose to a girl? I mean you can always back out, but don't say I didn't warn you. If you back out I will spread rumors about how The Chase Jackson lost to a girl by forfeit. How embarrassing would that be? I can't imagine the locker room talk."

"Please I never back down."

"That's a lie what about that six foot eight dude. Who'd he play for? Oh yeah Duke."

How does she know about that?

"In my defense it was one time. I was a freshman and he was the scariest senior ever." I say as we approach my truck.

"We're going in your truck?" She asks. Something changes in her eyes.

"Yeah, it faster. I promise I'm not drunk. I had one drink."

"Can we just walk? I don't want to take any changes." She tells me.

"Yeah, sure let's walk."

The rest of the walk to the arena was quiet and Taylor looked like she was in deep thought.

_____
8/16/21
9:49pm

I did it. I released a chapter tonight. Probably should be working on the six page essay but it's due Friday. I'm sure I'll finish it. Soon. I'm just a procrastinator. A very bad one.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.1K 1.7K 25
Final book of the Jackson Series! Faye West is struggling to find friendship in college when Noah Jackson shows up, introducing himself as her new "...
445K 4.2K 6
Butterfly gets her heartbroken but finds romance again, with Isaiah who lives on the wrong side of the tracks. --- Twenty-three years old, Butterfly...
207 22 11
Caroline's family runs deep in science and education. She has no time for dating anymore. Her boyfriends have been disappointments. Biology comes fir...
37.9M 1M 75
In which I fall in love with my brother's best friend. ***** "Don't pretend like you don't feel anything." His voice is low, sending shivers down my...