Chapter 33: Fancy Fish

"I didn't realize North Carolina could be so beautiful." I tell Chase looking over at him. "I mean y'all have marshes, lakes, beaches, and rural areas it's so beautiful. Maybe after college I don't need to go to Colorado. Maybe I just need to get a house on a Marsh maybe that will make me happy. North Carolina has it all."

I watch as we pass a sign that says Welcome to Havelock. "Growing up in North Carolina your whole life can get annoying though."

"I get it. You need an atmosphere change."

I'm so happy I didn't get sick on the way here. That would've been embarrassing. "That's one of the best pizza places in North Carolina." Chase points out a little hole in the wall restaurant.

"I thought Antonio's was."

"Antonio's is and will forever be, but when we were down here helping Clarissa pick a venue we got hungry and discovered that amazing place."

"I'll have to run it before we leave. So, I never asked where are we staying?"

"The Mason's have many houses down here. So, they're providing everyone in the family a place to stay. So you'll be in the house with us because your my plus one. Clarissa and Jake will be in different houses. So basically the Jackson's in one house and the Mason's in another. Everyone else I'm assuming they booked hotel rooms or rented a house. I know for a fact though that the Stuart's and Caperall's will book a house. They don't like hotels."

Of course they don't like hotels. That's so obvious. Why didn't I see that coming.

"Once we get inside we have to get dressed and head to the Mason's estate. They're having a lunch and invited some family and close friends. I hope you like fish."

"What kind of fish?"

"Who knows but knowing them it will be fancy fish."

"The Fancy Fish from SpongeBob?" I joke.

Chase looks at me. "I hate to burst your bubble, but I didn't have much of a childhood. It was basketball twenty-four seven."

"You poor thing. I need to have word with the monster who raised you." I joke again.

Chase pulls down a long driveway. This place is beautiful. I've never seen grass this green. It looks fake, if I'm being honest. Once we park we grab our bags, well Chase grabs our bags and we head inside.

"Where is everyone?"

"They're probably already on there way. We're kinda late." Chase informs me as he leads me up the grand staircase.

"Chase! If I'm meeting your family and friends I don't want to be late." I stress.

"It's fine. Let's just hurry up and get ready." We enter one of the many rooms. It has one bed and a couch. It has no window. That's creepy. I grab my yellow Sun dress and head to the bathroom.

It takes me ten minutes to get ready. I've never gotten ready in ten minutes. I straightened my hair as fast as I could and freshened myself up.

When I exit the bathroom, Chase is sitting on the bed in a button down shirt. It's yellow.

"How did you know I was gonna wear yellow?" We both ask at the same time.

"Great minds think alike." I tell him.

"You look beautiful."

"Thank you. You look handsome."

"Thank you. We should get going."

"We should."

Once we're in his truck, he looks nervous. "My family is gonna wonder and ask questions about us." He tells me.