Parallel Lives (pjm ff) | une...

By TaesNemo

She was the one rose between all thorns that surrounded her. A beauty that was damaged beyond repair. Her sa... More

- 1 -
- 2 -
- 3 -
- 4 -
- 5 -
- 6 -
- 7 -
- 8 -
- 9 -
- 10 -
- 11 -
- 13 -
- 14 -
- 15 -
- 16 -
- 17 -
- 18 -
- 19 -
- 20 -
- 21 -
- 22 -
- 23 -

- 12 -

6 3 0
By TaesNemo

HOT OR COLD

Jimin pov :

Walking down the lane I let the chill breeze sway through my hair silently calming me down. I was trying to find my way to a nearby cafe to grab a hot cup of coffee to warm me up for the evening.

"Not happening dickhead-"

"Watch your tongue there-"

"Or what? you gonna ask for an inaudible apology, I am fed up now stop spitting shit from that trash can of yours and get lost from here."

I stop in my tracks listening to the shrill voice of a girl at the opposite end of the lane.

She seemed to be around my age or rather younger by a year or two. Apparently dripping wet, her eyes shone with annoyance but her facial expressions said a completely different story. She was hurt, and angry but she made an effort keep her emotions hidden. Her cheek bones and nose turned a deep shade of pink because of the chill breeze.

Cold...

I thought for second resuming my pace in the cafeteria's direction. She walked away in the opposite direction not noticing my eyes on her.

The small ding of the bell resounded as I pushed open the door into the small warm interior of the cafe. The mild fragrance of choco and vanilla beans filled the space giving it a calming atmosphere contrasting to the constant cold breeze outside.

I walked up to the counter ordering a simple decafe. Looking around my eyes spotted a familiar figure in the opposite end walking along with two other females who were visibly drooling over his features. The guy seemingly enjoyed the attention more than the girls. He got up with his hand rested on one of the girl's waist walking her over to the counter ordering something she asked for. My attention on him was cut as a tap on my shoulder distracted me.

The cafe worker flashed the brightest smile I had ever seen, for a second reminding me of hobi hyung, looking down I realised he had bought my order.

Resting his elbow on the counter he looked in the direction I had been looking spoting the guy flirting with the girls by now. He smirked in my direction confusing me for a second.

"He is got his ladies and is perfectly straight. Sad isn't it, but I'm here if you want, love."

He gave me a cute smile hoping to earn my interest which only three me off further.

"Thanks for the coffee." His face sulked immediately, I ignored him eyeing the guy for one last time going out of the cafe holding the warm cup.

My mind wandered back to my old apartment the warmth I shared with her there, hobi hyung his smile and goofy nature. The fun I had even though it was hell where I resided. Coming back to reality I thought about the girl from earlier her voice still rang in my ears the shrill pitch to it that seemed cute yet fierce.

Author pov :

Yuan got back to the apartment noticing the garage was closed now she disposed the coffee cup and walked up the steps taking what felt like a eternity to climb every step.

Noticing two extra pair of foot wear at the for Yuan guessed the other men were back. Slowly reaching for the door she realised it was locked from the inside. Hesitantly she rang the bell, waiting for a few seconds before she heard the lock click on the other side.

A guy in his late twenties peeked out of the door. His eyes wer ethe first thing that caught her eye, they were twinkling like no other, his features sharp and exact face a chiseled work of art.

His expression changed from quizzical to a bright smile almost immediately.

"Yuan?"

"Yeah..." Yuan drawled in doubt as she eyes his cheerful face that seemed overly excited for her taste.

"Oh come in honey, you are right in time." Jin opened the door further giving her space to walk in.

"Where is yoongi?" Yuan stood rooted at the entrance waiting for a answer to which the guy's face turned to one of fear and Yuan soon spotted another one quite younger revealing himself. He was holding a knife in his hand that had Yuan panic a bit her eyes going wide.

The man at the door turned to spot his roommate standing innocently at the other end not realising what he had just done.

"Namjoon, don't walk with that thing in your hand." The guy walked towards the other one namely namjoon grabbing the knife from him. Hiding it behind his back he turned around to Yuan with a guilty smile forming on his lips.

"Sorry for that this is namjoon, I'm jin, honey come in please we can talk everything out."

"Don't call me that," Yuan grumbled in a low voice walking in, but not stopping there she simply dashed all the way into the house, up the stairs with a few moments the guys standing down could hear the door to her room slam shut.

Jin flinched sighing walking in the direction of the stairs. Namjoon grabbed his hand shaking his head.

Jin raised his eyebrow questioningly looking at his friend's face show a new kind of understanding for the girl.

"She is being rude joon."

"Didn't you look at her she was completely wet and dirty. She must have figured that yoongi has left already. He can't have gone without informing her after leaving her here." Namjoon reasoned out seeing his mate's face change into a understanding on as realisation hit him.

"Let's get the dinner done soon."

-------------------------------

"...He can't have gone without informing her after leaving her here." That's all what she heard, enough to tell her she was stuck with the two. A seemingly quite one and a over active one.

Yuan sighed looking in the direction of the long mirror standing in the corner. She scoffed shaking her head as she continued to get out of the wet clothes.

Stripping herself, she slowly walked into the bath for a short shower. Grabbing a comfortable night wear she settled down to unpack her bag.

A few minutes and there was a knock on the door. Yuan walked up to opening slightly peeking out to spot namjoon with a tray of bowls that had steam raising slowly.

She eyed the tray abd then namjoon not making any further move.

"Dinner? you must be hungry,"

"It's ok-"

"No one starves under this roof," namjoon simply welcomed himself inside the room looking at the set cloths on the floor in a corner and suitcase kept open on the bad.

He kept the tray on the table pulling the bag down to the floor, getting the wet clothes to the laundry abd setting the food on the bed for the girl who stood watching him. He took hold of the soup bowl burning himself by mistake. In a second Yuan walked up to him stopping him she sat down getting the food she wanted eyeing it before poking them around as she always did.

Namjoon sat opposite to her observing her every more.

"You don't have to feel so uncomfortable you know, take your time but we are here for you. Abd yes yoongi left a few hours ago but he will be back in a we-"

"No it's okay...."

"Namjoon, the other one is jin."

"Thank you." Yuan mumbled between eating her food. Namjoon smiled at the sight nodding his head before walking out.

Yuan finished eating after what felt like hours ready to get the bowls back down. She gulped, but got them down to spot both of them laughing and working in the kitchen. The elder one was cleaning the counter when namjoon washed the vessels.

"Hon- sorry, sweetheart leave them for joon I'll bring you the sheets later you can stay here or go rest since it was a long day."

"It's Yuan, can we stick to that please?" Namjoon chuckled beside her as she kept the tray down.

Jin pouted looking at her and narrowed his eyes at namjoon before sighing.

"Yuan, nicknames help to get you comfortable with me and vice versa," he reasoned stating his thoughts with almost sincerity. But his expression got Yuan lose her gaurd and giggle at his silliness.

"See, I am always right." Jin winked getting a smirk from her. Yuan simply walked up to the counter grabbing a stool seating herself watching the guys work around with a few things every now and then.

"So Yuan uni starts when exactly?" Namjoon asked trying to start up a conversation.

"Next week,"

"Ah, you have the whole week what do plan on doing?" Jin slid in joining the conversation.

"I don't know, everything happened so fast, I have no idea what I am doing here in the first place."

"That's ok sweetheart, we are here till yoongi joins us,"

"I say we get you a phone and a new number registered and buy other necessities if any tomorrow then we can plan the next few days of the week." Namjoon reasoned out looking in Jin's direction.

"Yeah, we can plan the next few days such that you can get familiar with the neighbourhood."

...

Jin turned around to find a sleeping Yuan her head resting on her arms lying comfortably on the counter. He smiled at her calm form wishing nothing but happiness for the girl.

Namjoon noticed the care and affection he held in his eyes and the smile that felt genuinely sincere. He watched jin dry his hands and walk up to the younger one. Patting her back slightly in an attempt to wake her up. But instead he ended up startling her.

"what! What happened?" Yuan Flinched sitting up in her chair. Her expression was a mix of confusion and shock laced with tiredness. She involuntarily grabbed on to Jin's wrist, a bit too tightly than Jin expected her to. He winced at the pressure trying to twist his hand out of her hold.

"Hey, hey, sweetheart it's fine. Let's get you to bed hm?" Jin squeaked in a low voice finally succeeding in getting his hand away. The younger one calmed down a bit holding her temple by one hand trying to remember where she was.

"Come on let's get going..." Jin softly cooed helping her walk up the stairs to her bed. All the while yuan kept mumbling incoherent words hardly understandable or audible to Jin. 

Namjoon had his focus fixed on the scene, going soft at seeing Jin being the mother figure, that was so out of his funny carefree character, that he knew so well.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 409 18
When a promise is broken by the most trusted person of your life, every happiness and joy disappears to nothing but a complete darkness. Many of us...
9K 904 102
when a mortal encounters difficulties and separation in life, he can resort to praying to the God . -but what if one is an immortal ? She lost the m...
9.4K 517 68
"I was okay with living or dying without anyone until I found you and you left me" "I never left you,I was always there beside you,loving and watchin...
17.1K 503 20
There was a man who was living in a world of darkness, he could rule his country and his people but he could not rule his life the way he wanted, he...