Crisis Of War

By shiaraxo

{SEQUEL OF CRISIS OF DESIRE!!} !WARNING! THIS BOOK CONTAINS MATURE/EXPLICIT CONTENT, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK... More

WELCOME!
{ I }
{ II }
{ III }
{ IV }
{ V }
{ VI }
{ VII }
{ VIII }
{ IX }
{ X }
{ XI }
{ XII }
{ XIII }
{ XIV }
{ XVI }
{ XVII }
{ XVIII }
{ XIX }
{ XX }
{ XXI }
{ XXII }
{ XXIII }
{ XXIV }
{ XXV }
{ XXVI }
{ XXVII }
{ XXVIII }
{ XXIX }
{ XXX }
{ XXXI }
{ XXXII }
{ XXXIII }
{ XXXIV }
{ XXXV }
{ XXXVI }
{ XXXVII }
{ XXXVIII }
{ XXXIX }
{ XL }
{ XLI }
{ XLII }
{ XLIII }
{ XLIV }
{ XLV }
{ XLVI }
{ XLVII }
{ XLVIII }
{ XLIX }
{ L }
{ LI }
{ LII }
{ LIII }
{ LIV }
{ LV }
{ LVI }
{ LVII }
{ LVIII }
{ LIX }
{ LX }
{ LXI }
{ LXII }
{ LXIII }
{ LXIV }
{ LXV }
{ LXVI }
{ LXVII }
{ LXVIII }
{ LXIX }
{ LXX }
{ LXXI }
{ LXXII }
{ LXXIII }
{ LXXIV }
{ LXXV }
{ LXXVI }
{ LXXVII }
{ LXXVIII }
{ LXXIX }
{ LXXX }
Epilogue
{ Bonus Chapter 1 }
{ Bonus Chapter 2 }

{ XV }

14.5K 293 971
By shiaraxo

'Are you sure you want to do this?' Noah asks as I climb onto the mat. 'I want to see if I made any progress.' 

Hunter chuckles and climbs onto the mat in one swift movement, keeping his eyes on me at all times. 'So you want to go against him?' Adam asks, peeking up from his phone for a second. 

I nod and keep my eyes on Hunter, who smirks at me. 

'He's going to destroy you.' Jordan chuckles as he heads to the door. Damian and Ben follow him, but Adam, Noah, and Isabelle stay. 

'Are you sure?' Hunter asks, stretching his arms to the side as he moves from left to right. 'Yes, now can we stop with the bullshit and just go?' 

I beat Adam, I beat Ben, I beat Isabelle, because they haven't done this in a long time. I even got close to beating Noah. I just want to see if I can beat Hunter. 

I'm sick and tired of fighting with Noah and Hunter said he had time, so I want to do this. 

I want to see if my training for the past seven days did any good. If I got any better. 

'She's been training non-stop, I think she might have a chance.' Isabelle chimes, poking Adam's arm a bit. 'Don't you guys have something better to do?' Hunter says, rolling his eyes a little. 

He wants to be alone... 

Isabelle climbs off the little couch and pulls Adam with her, to the door, leaving me alone with Noah and Hunter. 

'Get out Noah.' He shakes his head and moves closer to the mat. 'I want to see what she learned so far and if she made progress.' Hunter rolls his eyes and wants to tell Noah to go again, but Noah simply takes a seat on one of the benches and says: 'She's my student after all.' 

'It's fine, let him stay. At least that way I have someone to confirm that I beat your ass.' He chuckles and takes me all in, trying to spot any weaknesses. 

I have some bruises on my arms, and the bullet wound is still not fully healed yet, but I doubt he'll use that against me. Right? 

'Go a bit easy on her, she's new to this.' Noah chimes, leaning with his arms on his knees. 

I shake my head and look at Hunter. 'Do not hold back on me.' 

'Are you sure?' He asks, slowly stepping closer. I nod and step back, moving to my right so that I'm not cornered. 'Fine.' 

I keep my hands close to my face, ready to block out every hit he has to offer, and he chuckles at it.

He opens his arms and looks at me, waiting for me to strike first, but I won't. 

Hunter needs to strike first. 

We circle around each other for a while, keeping each other in sight, waiting for either of us to strike first. 

'Come on then.' 'You first.' He smirks and finally steps closer. 

I keep my eyes on him and start moving around, hopping as Noah taught me to. Hunter smiles before trying to hit me with his left fist. I duck away and keep moving, feeling the adrenaline rush through me.

"Think quick, little hops, swift movements." I keep moving, making sure he needs to turn a lot since I won't win from him by strength. 

I need to disorientate him as much as I can, maybe then I can strike. 

'Stop moving around and hit me.' He says, trying to hit me again. I step back, easily dodging his blow, and move around. 'Don't listen to him.' Noah says, moving closer to the mat. 

I take my eyes off of Hunter for a second, but keep him in the corner of my eyes, as I look at Noah, who smiles proudly at me. 

'Don't turn your back on him though.' I nod and turn back to Hunter, who looks a bit annoyed now. 

'What is it? Getting tired already?' He rolls his eyes and walks to the middle of the mat, following my every move. 'Hit me, little bee.' His eyes glue to mine and I stay in one place, 'show me what you got.' 

He takes two bigs steps, cornering me, and there's no way out except through him. Fuck. 

'Hit. Me.' As much as I want to tire him first, there's no way I'll get out of here with him standing so close if I won't hit him first. 

So I ball my fists and keep them ready to strike. 

He just needs to take one more step. And he does. 

I strike with my right, smashing straight into his perfect face, and he steps back, a little shocked that I actually hit him in the face, before looking at me again. 

'Nice hit.' My fist is hurting like shit, as if his face is made out of fucking stone, and I shrug it off like it's nothing. 

Now that he's far enough for me to move again, I start hopping around, making him sigh deeply. 'Stop doing that and come and hit me.' 'How about you try again.' I say, watching as he steps closer again. 

He balls his fists and swiftly moves closer, shoving his right towards my face, and soon after his left towards my stomach. The face one, I'm able to dodge, but the stomach one... Not. 

It hurts like shit and I almost fall to the ground, but he doesn't give me time to react and drops us onto the ground, wrapping his hand around my neck. 

'Ready to tap out yet?' I pull my knee in, before pushing it into his crotch with all my strength, making him jump back and fall on his ass, as he groans out of pain. 'Are you?' I ask, jumping back to my feet. 

Since he's still on the ground, I kick him in his stomach and watch as he continues to cry. 

I step back for a second and keep my eyes on the whining Hunter. 'That's foul play.' He groans, rolling onto his back so that he can look at me. 'How is that foul play?' 

He rolls over, making me wonder if I really hurt him as much as he shows. I keep my distance, not trusting it one bit, and look at him. 'Just tap out if you want to cry about it.' 

'Do you want me to kick you in there?' He sneers, slowly climbing back onto his feet. 'I dare you to try.' 

My challenge fuels something inside of him and his eyes turn dark. 'Is that a challenge?' 

I barely have time to respond since he runs over to me and tackles me to the floor, this time sitting on my waist, leaving me unable to kick him again. 'Unfair.' 'Tap out.' 

I shake my head and ball my fist as I reach for his face, but he dodges it and pins my hands above my head, leaning down with his chest so that's it's almost brushing against mine. 

'I quite like this position.' He says, smirking as he leans down a bit more. 'Just tap out Leya.' Noah says from the other side of the room, 'You already lost.' No. 

I will not fucking tap out. No way. 

But at this point I'm stuck. 

No. 

I could just- fuck it. I bash my head against his, groaning because of the collision, but he lets go of me, allowing me to turn us around. 

Hunter on his back and me on top. Before he can even react, I start hitting him, left, right, left, right, left, right, until his arms fall flat on the mat and he gives in. 

I stop to catch my breath and pin his hands above his head, just like he did with me. 'I think I like this more.' 

He tries to break free, but I pull back and hit him before he can even react as I wrap my hands around his neck and start squeezing. 

Hunter doesn't even try to pry my hands away and simply smiles at me as I squeeze a bit harder, unable to stop. 

Something inside of me wants to end this. To end him. 

But then he taps out. I jump off of him and take a few deep breaths, trying to process whatever the fuck that just was. 

I wanted to kill him... 

He starts coughing and slowly climbs back on his feet. 'Cataleya won!' Noah chimes, rushing to the mat all proud and happy that I won. 

But it doesn't feel like a victory. 

'You're better than I thought.' He chimes, looking at me with an impressed expression. 'You held back.' 

I know that I wouldn't be able to beat Hunter if he really fought back. He held back and I don't want that. 

That way I won't be able to see if I could actually beat him. 

Noah's phone rings and he takes the call, leaving us alone in here. 

'I did not-' 'Don't lie to me, you asshole.' I say panting like crazy. I climb off the mat and grab a bottle of water, almost emptying it instantly, before I turn back to Hunter. 'I didn't hold back, little bee.' 

'You did, you could've easily-' I take another sip and let the cold water cool me down, 'pushed me off if you tried. You could've easily crushed me with that body, but you didn't.' 

He chuckles and keeps his eyes on me as I grab a fresh towel to wipe away my sweat. 

'You're not even-' I lean against the wall and try to breathe normally again, 'You're not even tired.' 

He chuckles and jumps down, slowly stepping closer to me. 'Okay, so maybe I didn't give it all I have.' He admits, leaning on the wall next to me, 'but you are truly stronger than I thought you were.' 

I try to hide the fact that that's something I wanted to hear and roll my eyes as I step away from him. 'Does that mean I'll be able to go back home and take care of myself?' 

He takes another deep breath and shakes his head. 'You've only been training for a week.' 'A week of fighting, shooting, throwing knives, fucking spying on people. I'll learn the rest of this shit if I'm in the middle of it, right?' 

He shakes his head again and slowly steps away from the wall. 'Cataleya it's not safe.' 

'When will it be safe enough for me to go back?' I ask, desperately wanting to go back home. 

I need to speak to my mom. I need to know if she's okay. I just... I want to go home. 

'Hey.' I didn't realize he was standing so close as he reaches out for my face, rubbing my cheek gently. I immediately push him back and glare at him. 'You're shaking.' I didn't realize that either. 

'Don't touch me and tell me when I'm able to leave.' I sneer, keeping my eyes on him in case he tries to do something like that again. 

'You want to leave on your own?' He asks, stepping back again. 'That's the reason I'm training. So that I won't need your help.' 

Hunter looks down and nods, taking in the information before looking at me again. 'If that's what you're aiming for, you need at least another week in here and maybe another one in the real world, just in case.' 

'No games?' He chuckles and shakes his head. 'I swear to you that I'm not fooling around. You need to work on your fighting skills a bit more, the real world might help with noticing people that are watching you and all.' 

'So two weeks?' I ask, just to clarify that I'll be able to go then. 'Yes, two more weeks.' 

Two weeks and I'll be able to go. 

'Meanwhile, we should change and get something to eat.' He chimes, heading for the door. I follow him out the door and head back to Isabelle's house. 

She's laying on the couch and is watching something on the tv. 'Did you win?' 

'He barely fought back, so I can't call it a win.' She looks at me and smiles. 'You still won, he never lets anyone win, not even for an act.' Still no win though... 

'I made you some food, it's in the fridge. Go take a shower and then we'll hang by the pool, okay?' I nod and head to the kitchen, suddenly feeling hungrier than ever. 

She made me a caesar salad, with the most delicious chicken ever, and some fresh orange juice.

I finish the meal and clean my stuff, before heading to my room to shower. 

The water feels heavenly against my tense muscles, caressing them with the most gentle touch ever. 

As I wrap a towel around my waist and head back to my room, I stay in the opening and stare at my bed. 

A memory flashes into my mind. One where I was just done showering and Rio showed me the red room in Barletta for the first time. 

I remember him throwing me over his shoulder, ignoring my protests as he carried me down the stairs. 

Every time I said something he would smack- His touch... Oh god, no. 

That feather, it was so soft, so gentle, and then his hand would- No. 

I shouldn't be thinking about this. I shouldn't be thinking about him. 

I was just an option to him, he slept with someone else after he made me fall in love with him. 

So no. 

I won't allow myself to think back about him. To think back about how he made me feel, how his touch made me feel, how his lips would just- No. 

I change into a black bathing suit and grab a new towel, before heading down the stairs. 

Isabelle is already laying on the pink floaty and looks like she's sleeping or something. 

I place the towel and slowly lower myself into the pool, before swimming towards her. 

Yes, she's sleeping. 

For a second, just a second, I debate if I should leave her alone and just let her rest. She probably needs it, but I feel like annoying her a bit and decide not to. 

I swim to her right and count to three in my head, before flipping her over. 

She screams before dropping into the water and quickly swims back up, glaring at me. 

'Was that really necessary?!' I can't stop laughing at her face and nod. 'It was the perfect moment.' 

Isabelle climbs back onto the floaty and looks at me with a strange look. As if she wants to ask me something, but she's afraid of how I'll react. 

'What is it.' She lies on her back again and sighs deeply. 'I was just thinking about something.' 

'About what?' I ask as I lean back so that I can float on my back as well. She splashes some water at me and starts laughing as I try to keep the water from running into my eyes and nose. 

'Aren't you getting tired of this?' She asks, a little ashamed that she's even asking. 'Tired of what?' 'This island, living so isolated.' What? 

'It's the same thing all over again, right?' I stand up straight and look at her, realizing that she's focused on the clouds above. 

It almost looks as if she's dreaming. 'Like don't get me wrong, but living on an island gets really repetitive after a while, right?' 

Her words are making me wonder about a bunch of things. Like, how long has she been here? Did she talk with Hunter about all of this? Has she been feeling like that for a while? And where the fuck is this coming from? 

But most of all, why is she telling me? 

'You understand what I'm saying, right?' She asks, finally looking at me again. 

I get why it would get boring after a while, but I haven't been here that long. Thirteen days to be exact. And I do something else every day, I learn new stuff and go for hikes around the island when I feel like I need some alone time, but it doesn't bore me. 

Yet. 

It might after a while. 

But I don't think I'll be here when it starts boring me. 

'I mean, I guess. Just not yet for me.' I admit, making her smile at me. 'It will come, trust me.' I don't think it will... 

Because Hunter said he'd let me go after two weeks. 

Just two more weeks and then I can go. 

But then again, can I trust his word? 

If not, maybe, just maybe I can learn how to actually win a fight from him and take him down? Force him to let me go? Maybe... 

I just know that it will take a long time for me to become stronger than Hunter, but I'll get there. Eventually. 

'Now you have that look on your face, ask away.' She chimes, paddling around a bit. I smile as she lies back down. 'How long have you been on the island?' 

Her hands stop moving in the water and I wonder if I crossed a line. 

Isabelle and I are getting to know each other a bit better, but I don't think we were on that line yet. 

'You don't have to answer my question if you're not feeling like it.' Her lips curl up and just as she opens her mouth, I hear the backdoor open. 'Watch out!' Adam shouts as Noah dives into the pool, not even caring about the fact that Isabelle and I were just having a conversation. 

He pulls me down with him and places me on his shoulders before standing up again. 

'Put me down before I kick you.' He simply wraps his arms around my legs, keeping me in place and unable to kick him. 

But I still have my arms. 

I wrap my right arm around his neck and pull his head back with my left, making him look up at me. 'Put. Me. Down.' 'Okay fine!' He lets go of my legs and leans back, dropping me back into the water. 

When I swim back up, I glare at him with all my anger. But all he does is smile. 

He seems so proud of what he did. 

'You almost broke my neck there, Ley.' He says, rubbing his neck a little. 'Maybe she should've done it, you asshole!' Isabelle sneers, lashing out at him. 

Those two have a whole fight, mostly Isabelle trying to get Noah, while he simply swims around and taunts her a bit, as I head to the edge where Adam is sitting. 

'I heard you won.' He says, looking at the two idiots fighting. 'I wouldn't call it a win.' 'Noah did.'

'He was probably just proud that his student won from Hunter Steel.' He turns to me with a frown and can't contain his little laughter. 'His student?' 'That's what he called me.'

Adam burst into laughter, before disappearing into the pool. Noah pulled him down since Isabelle is climbing out of the pool and heading towards the house, stomping as if she's going to grab a knife and kill Noah with it. 

'Noah, what did you do?' I ask as the two guys start wrestling in the water. 'Nothing, she's just being dramatic.' He shouts, before diving down to dodge Adam's fist. 

I roll my eyes as I climb out as well, quickly wrapping a towel around me before I head after Isabelle. 

When I get inside, I hear someone rummaging through the kitchen drawers. 'What are you doing?' 

'I'm going to kill Noah!' Isabelle groans, trying to find a knife sharp enough to kill him. 

Every knife should be fine with the right amount of strength, but- 'I don't think that's a smart idea.'

'I don't care!' She shouts, shoving the drawers as hard as she can, 'He fucking deserves it that piece of shit.' 

Noah and Isabelle have a love-hate relationship. One I can't describe. One that tends more to the hate side, but they manage. I don't think I've seen her this messed up about something he said or did before. 

'I bet he does, but Hunter won't like that.' I say, climbing onto one of the barstools in the kitchen. 'This island isn't big enough for his fucking ego.' She says, stumbling over to me before climbing into the chair next to mine. 

'I really want to back to normal life.' Again. I wonder how long she's been here. But I won't ask. 

Because if I'll ask, I'll seem curious, and if I seem curious, they'll think I care. Which I don't. 

But I honestly really want to know... No. 

She'll tell me if she wants me to know. She'll tell me eventually, I mean she's already telling me a lot more than I expected her to. 

'Maybe you could convince Hunter to move back to the normal world, to the mainland?' She looks at me with hope in her eyes, making me frown. 'Why me?' 

She chuckles and keeps her eyes on me, 'Because he listens to you.' 

'He doesn't. Trust me.' I've tried. She rolls her eyes and jumps back on her feet, before walking towards the fridge to grab a little can of Pepsi. 

That's her thing. She's addicted to Pepsi. And let's not forget about the Oreos. 

'He does. He actually listens to you. All you have to do is convince him that you really need to leave, flirt a little, just look at him in a certain way, and bam! We can get the hell out of here.' 

Talk to him? Flirt with him? Look a certain way? 'And get embarrassed because he'll say no, no thank you.' 

'But he won't say no if you do it correctly.' She insists, basically begging me to continue with whatever it is she has in mind. It's as if she planned it all out already. 

'I don't know Isabelle.' It would be great if they would let me go earlier. Or at least train me in the real world. Where people are looking for me. 

At least that way I can see what else I need to work on. 

'You just have to flirt a little, he'll instantly melt.' She sounds so convinced that it'll work, but I'm not sure it will. 

Hunter doesn't want me like that, right? 

He just- Wait. 

And then it hits. 

Or at least it forms a motive. 

He did all of this, he's keeping me here because he does want me in that way... I think... 

I mean, I can't go and make assumptions like that, but it would make a lot of sense. 

But maybe I'm just feeling myself too much. 

It could be the reason, but it just doesn't feel right. 

The only right reason, the right motive in my eyes is because he wants to take revenge on Rio. 

But Rio doesn't care. As far as I know, he's not even looking for me. 

When I look back up, I realize that Isabelle is looking at me with a strange look on her face. 'What is it?' 'You have to try. Please!

Isabelle looks like she's ready to drop on her knees just to convince me of talking to Hunter about this. 

I'm fine with training for a while. But I also want to leave this place as fast as possible, and living on an abandoned island won't help with my progress. 

'And what do I get out of this?' She doesn't even have to think twice about her answer and smiles as she says: 'Freedom.' 

For the rest of the day, we try to come up with a plan that won't be overthrown by any of the others. 

It's easy and Isabelle is very clear about what I have to do. Just talk to Hunter, smile a little, and convince him that it's the right thing to do. 

As we take her car to the main house, she goes over the plan one more time. 

She made me wear something a bit more... open. 

Another red dress with a deep cut in the back and front, showing more skin than covering it if you ask me, but I really like it. 

And just as she said, all the boys are staring at me, even Jordan, which is kind of weirding me out, but I shrug it off through the entire meal. 

It's until Isabelle shoves her leg against mine, that I realize that I'm supposed to be talking to Hunter. 

Something I haven't done at any diner before, but oh well. 

'So, Hunter.' He finishes his water and focuses on my lips, before looking into my eyes. 

Isabelle told me to put red lipstick on and I did. 

'I have a few questions.' The others all awkwardly shift in their chairs, while Hunter's face stays as straight as ever. 'Ask away, little bee.' Little bee. 

Just by his little nickname, his fucking tone, I want to stab him again. I want to beat him, fair and square this time. 

Just do what Isabelle suggested... I tilt my head a little, letting a strand of hair fall onto my face, before smiling like a madly in love teenager. This is insane... 

'It's not really...' I brush the strand back and look at my plate, internally cringing at myself for even doing this in the first place, 'Something I want to talk about with the others around.' 

I can hear someone gasp for air, someone else almost chokes, and when I look up, I notice that Noah is grinning like crazy. 

But when I turn back to Hunter I see something else. Something I haven't seen before. 

Curiosity. 

He blinks once, before blinking again and looking at the others. 'Could you give us a moment, please?' 

Holy. Shit. 

I didn't think that would actually work. 

No one says a thing as they get up and head to the door, leaving me alone with him. 

I notice that Isabelle is silently rooting for me as she heads to the front door, probably waiting for me in the car so that we can drive back to her house. 

As soon as everyone leaves, as soon the front door closes, Hunter turns back to me and takes another sip of his water. 'Continue.' 

'I wanted to ask you about our duration on the island.' I say, trying to sound as honest as possible. 

Isabelle told me to flirt first, but I'm getting sick to my stomach just thinking about flirting with him, so I'll do it my way. Or at least I'll try it my way first. 

'I know you said we should at least stay another week, but I feel like it would be a lot better if we left as soon as possible and train me in the real world.' He frowns at my words and pours us another glass of water, since both our glasses were empty.

'The real world?' He asks, not understanding what I mean by it. 

He must be really stupid to not understand that, but oh well. 

'Yes. The one with the real threat.' He slowly takes another sip and leans back in his chair, keeping his eyes on me. 'It's not safe.' 

'You'll be around, right? I'll be fine. Plus, Isabelle can stay around me to help with all I need and-' 'Isabelle?' He shakes his head and sighs deeply. 

'Yes, Isabelle.' I look at him for a second, trying to understand why it's so weird that I said her name. 

'Did she put you up to this?' Shit. 'No. I want to leave, you know that.' Something flashes through his eyes.

Something painful, something strong. 

'She can't leave the island, Cataleya,' What? 'and she knows that too.' 

I really want to ask why, but I don't want to seem too curious. 'If I'm going, so is she.' 

His lips curl up a little, as he looks the other way, before turning back to me. 'You really like her, don't you?' 

Yes. 'Maybe I do, but that doesn't mean shit. If I'm leaving, so is she.' 

'I can't do that.' He states, jumping to his feet. 'At least to the mainland, she's sick of staying here the entire time.' 'She's only been on this island for twenty days, she'll manage.' This island? 

What the fuck is her story? Was there an island before this one? 

I jump out of my chair as well and follow him into the hall. 'You can't just lock her up here and expect her to stay hidden for the rest of her life!' 

He stops, takes a deep breath, and slowly turns around. 

'Look, little bee. I'll try to see what I can do, but I can't make any promises. Meanwhile, I suggest you keep training and working on all your skills. Because the real world.' I roll my eyes as he mocks me for calling it the real world, 'is far worse than you think.' 

'You better create a solution, because we're leaving soon.' I sneer, heading through the door. 

Isabelle was indeed waiting outside, curiously waiting as I jump in the car. 'And?' 'He's a piece of shit.' 

She chuckles and listens to what I have to say as she drives back to the house. 

'At least we got something out of it.' She says as we get back into the house. 'It was a total failure.' 'No, it was a success.' 

I stop in my tracks and turn to her, waiting for her to explain how this was a success. 

'He said he'll think on it, that's more than he has ever given me.' 

I don't want to crush her hopes of getting off of this island, but I don't think Hunter will actually think about it. 

But then again, I don't know him as well as she does. 

'Anyways, we should head to bed. I'm exhausted.' I follow her up the stairs and go to my room. I should indeed go to bed, but I want to do something else first. 

So I change into some leggings and a green top, before running towards the Cave. 

It's abandoned, just as I thought it would be, and I close the door behind me, slowly stepping further into the room. 

Alone. 

I can finally use this place... Alone. 

And I do. 

I work on my arms, legs, stomach, and back for at least an hour, before I hear a door open. 

And I don't stop, still feeling the adrenaline rush through me from earlier. 

'You're still up?' Hunter asks, walking over to me. I nod and finish my running, before looking at him. 

'So are you.' He nods and throws a bottle of water my way, before slumping down on one of the benches. 

'Can we talk?' He mumbles as I move to the next thing. I stop and slowly turn to him. 

If he wants to talk about something serious, I might have to stop working out for a second. 'Aren't we talking right now?' 

He shrugs and moves to his left, leaving me enough space to sit down. 

But instead of sitting next to him, I move to another bench across from him and take a seat. 

'I am not the monster you think I am.' This again. For once, I decide to keep my mouth shut. 

Just to see what he's going to use as an excuse this time. 'I might be evil and cruel for doing that to your friend, but I didn't want to do it.' What? 

'I don't like the way I am, but some parts of me just can't be fixed.' 

'If you don't like the way you are, maybe you should work on it.' I say, trying not to sound too harsh since he's being vulnerable and all. 

He chuckles, unamused by anything I just said, and shakes his head. 'Impossible.' 

'How is that impossible?' 

'I've been raised by the cruelest guys on the earth. There's no way I can be different from them.' Cruelest guys on the earth... I have no idea what his childhood must be like, especially after the stories about the Steels and the Curzio's, but that does not mean he can get away with stuff he does. 

'You can be, you just don't feel like trying. Which makes you worse than they are.' He finally looks into my eyes and takes a deep breath, before looking away again. 'My family really messed me up.' 

'That's no excuse-' 'I know it's not. But they force me to do shit I don't want. The Council as well. It's harder than you think, Cataleya.' He says, desperate for me to understand. 

But I don't. 

I don't understand what could have him so fucked up that he tortures people the way he did with Neveah. 

What did his family do to him for him to think that that's okay? That it's normal?

And I don't feel sad for him either. I'm just curious. 

'I need you to get that.' I get up and look at him. 

He looks stressed about all of this, annoyed that I don't understand, but sorry that he has to explain all of this to me for some reason. As if he's afraid he might say too much or maybe that he already gave away too much. 

'I can't, because I can't do shit with what you just told me.' He nods and allows me to head to the door. 

Even if he tried to stop me, he wouldn't be able to. 

'Just know.' He says as I reach the handle of the door, 'I hate most Steels too.' 

'I hate every single one for what you did to Neveah.' And I leave, leaving him with his own messed up mind before I start to feel sorry for him. 

I shouldn't, but I can't help but wonder what he meant. 

What the hell did they do to him to make him think that torture is the right way to get what he wants? 

Which is? 

I still have no clue what he wants out of all of this, why he tried to get me, just to let me go the next day? 

It still doesn't make any sense and I wonder if it ever will.

But the fact that he talked to me about this. 

He told me about how messed up he can be, he tried to make me understand. 

Unlike someone else... 

No. I can't compare him to Rio, because it's totally different. 

Right? 

No one ever talked to me about the drama going on between the Steels and Curzio, except Neveah.

And here Hunter is, telling me about his messed-up family and how messed-up he is in general.

I take a detour back to the house, trying to put my thoughts back in place. 

I need to hate Hunter. Not feel sorry for him. 

Because he doesn't deserve it. 

He doesn't deserve any of it. 

But I can't help seeing the little boy I saw in that picture, surrounded by the things he fears the most. 

His family... 

Something no kid should ever feel. 

But he did. 

Or something like that. 

Because he seemed honest about that. 

But then again, I don't know this guy. 

I don't know how he works or when he's lying to me or not. 

I have no idea if I should even trust a word that just came out of his mouth. 

Because, as far as I know, he's the enemy of the family I have been with for over nine months. There's no way he'll just let that slide. 

There's no way he won't use that to his advantage. 

So no. I don't feel sorry for the guy that just told me about his trauma, about why he's the way he is. 

Because I don't know him. 

I don't know Hunter Steel.  

-----

A/N: I FINISHED EARLY AGAIN AAHHH!!!!

Probably because I exactly knew how this chapter was going to go, so here you go! 

Hope you enjoyed it, let me know what you think, and don't forget to vote! 

Have a nice day and I hope to see you all in the next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.5K 2.7K 55
What if your family expects you to get an heir for the family's empire and you make the wrong choices when it comes to women? You abduct a child, rig...
29.5K 1K 29
"I'm not afraid of you, Giovanni." "You really should be." She continued to walk closer to me. "I'm a beast." "Then that would make me your beauty."...
14.3K 252 79
*Book 1* Rosalía was adopted from a strange couple in Madrid at the age 7. She barely remembers her childhood from when she lived in Barcelona befor...
1M 20.6K 42
When a young women named Cordelia, find's herself in the new club downtown, she encounters deep family secrets after she parties hard and bumps into...