House Empty Like My Heart

By eleonora18943

Due to sad circumstances Elisabeth is forced to move into her estranged father's house and to her surprise sh... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Epilogue

Chapter 33

37.3K 1.2K 216
By eleonora18943

Day second of Andrew's absence started with bad news.

"Jacquline got sick so we're on our own for a few days," Dan said.

"Yeah, right" Max responded "I bet father will send Julien to spy on us"

"Fine, he will probably do that but since I'm the oldest person at the house you both better listen to me"

"Dan. Dear brother of mine. Have you hurt your head somewhere? You're three-second older than me"

"I'm only a few months younger"

"Be quiet child. Adults are speaking"

Oh my God.

"This age gap resulted in maturity that both of you don't have" Dan had the audacity to point at me and Max. As if he was making any point. "Those three seconds especially were vital for my brain development"

Max snorted.

"Maybe you caught the flu from Jacqueline?" I asked.

"He probably did" Max agreed. "And it infected his brain. Nothing he says makes sense which is proof that I'm the smartest person here. I should be having the last word"

It was quite nice to have Max on my side for once. Of course, we argued for a little longer because he was definitely not in charge.

"No one is having the last word, we communicate and respect each other's opinions," I said to prove that I am in fact the most mature person in the room.

"Speak for yourself Ellie"

"I can't believe I'm stuck here with both of you what my life has become" I complained.

"You preferred to be an only child?"

He surprised me with this question.

"No. I mean maybe sometimes I thought it would be cool to have a sibling but mom didn't plan to have more kids so I stopped thinking about it"

"Well, now you have us"

Maybe they weren't always that bad. They made me smile today. "If you already exist what can I do" I pretended to be troubled heavily with this fact which resulted in Max and Dan throwing pillows at me. 

🌹🌹🌹

"What are you doing?"

"I'm lying on your bed"

"But why? Leave"

"Don't you want to spend time with your favorite brother?"

"Dan has a training"

"Damn, you know how to hurt someone's feelings aren't you?"

"I said leave Do you understand English?"

"I don't want to"

"Max, get out I pushed him lightly but he wouldn't budge Why are you eating popcorn in my bed? Gross. Go. Away"

"What are you doing?" Max asked with his mouth full of popcorn. Was he serious right now?

"I'm failing at math if you must know"

"What? Like right now?" He got up and looked over my shoulder. "You did it all wrong? Wow, that's kind of impressive" he said with amusement.

Oh, that's just fucking great do I have to suck at literally everything I do? I dropped my pen on my desk and got up abruptly. I already had troubles with grades and now history repeats itself. Andrew probably hates having a stupid child for a daughter since everyone in this freaking house was exceptionally good at something. I was good for nothing and it annoyed the shit out of me.

"I know you're not good at math," Max said. "But you were doing better lately, did something happened? Why are you falling behind again?"

"Because I'm stupid. People like me have to exist as well so you and Dan look good, okay? Go away"'

"Where is it coming from?" Max was genuinely surprised "Don't speak about yourself like that" he was suddenly mad at me. "You're great at being an annoying little sister"

"Gee what a difficult job it is," I said sarcastically.

"Ellie?" He looked me in the eyes concerned. I escaped his gaze.

"What? Why are you still here?" I can't start crying in front of him. I refuse.

The thing is, Max did something unexpected. He hugged me tightly. This is when I literally broke down and started wetting his red T-shirt with my tears.

"Ellie, I ice skate since I was seven. Whenever there was a competition and I didn't take first place I was extremely angry at myself"

"And now you're getting gold medals so it was worth it"

"You don't need to be the best to be good at something and no one is good at everything. There will always be someone better. Yes, I win the competitions now but you're aware there are a ton of skaters who are still better than me. Chasing after your goals is okay as long as you're not putting yourself down when doing it. You do things your way and it's okay if you need a little more help. You're always enough doesn't matter if you're good or bad at something. We love you"

Tears welled down my eyes. Did he really say that? "Y-you love me?" I asked weakly feeling very vulnerable now.

"Of course we do, silly. I know I was acting like a dick at the beginning but don't think I don't love you. You're my little sister"

My arms tightened around his waist. He really loved me?

"Maybe you're lost child of uncle Julien or something since you're so good at lifting the mood" my voice sounded muffled while I was sticking to his T-shirt like glue.

"Fuck no. Please don't joke like that"

"Why do you dislike uncle Julien so much? He's cool"

"He randomly asks me about my feelings because he knows I hate it. He's a mean bastard"

I giggled, I couldn't help it. So Julien liked riling Max up over his (usually) unapproachable personality. Just then I realized how much of a big deal it was that he hugged me.

"C'mon I will help you with that math stuff"

♥️♥️♥️♥️

The day in school went out peacefully. I was surprised when after the last lesson Dan said I'm coming back with him. On Mondays usually, Russell was picking me up because both Dan and Max were busy with training.

Not today.

"Don't you have training today?" I asked to make sure Dan didn't forget what day it was.

"Nope, the coach's wife gave birth yesterday so there's a change of plans, you're going with me to the gym"

I really didn't want to. I felt slightly nauseous.

"I would like to go back home," I said tiredly already dreaming about the bed.

"You don't want to spend more time with your favorite brother?" Dan pretended his pouting but I knew very well we will have it his way and there's no use to argue. I suppressed a sight.

"Max is my favorite," I said.

For some reason, I took great pleasure in frustrating both Dan and Max whenever they'd bring "I'm your favorite brother" topic.

It was nice to know they actually want me to accept them, I wanted them to accept me as well. I didn't really have favorites because they were all so different. While Max was calm and collected he was also determined and stubborn. Dan on the other hand was a ball of energy who smiles too often, like a ray of sunshine.

"I will remember that little girl," Dan said and it sounded like a threat. Oh well, I wasn't scared of him, I knew that someone deep inside he was just as harmless as a teddy bear, at least to me.

We entered a spacious room filled with all kinds of equipment most of each I wouldn't know what to do with. Thankfully I saw a treadmill that's an easy one.

I quickly escaped from Dan's sight while he was being attacked by his friends. Being in the company of too many strangers on top of - older boys was overwhelming, so I quickly jumped to the occasion to use a treadmill. I put my earphones on and started listening to the Taylor Swift album.

I never liked physical exercises, when I only could I was slacking off on PA classes or just skipped on them. That's probably why I got easily tired. It really didn't last long a few minutes and I was heaving like a dying cat.

I hated how sweaty and exhausted I was. I really had trouble with taking a breath but for some reason, I kept pushing myself further and further annoyed by my lack of endurance.

But I clearly underestimated the capacity of my untrained body.

One thing I know is that in one moment I'm looking straight ahead but the second thing I know everything goes blank. Like someone turned the lights off.

I can hear something, but it's far away. There's a sound, someone is calling my name rather loudly but my lips are too heavy to respond. I can't move.

Then there was nothing.

🔆🔆🔆

Hi guys,

I hope you enjoyed this chapter ❤️

I encourage you to check my other stories if you're interested of course ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 65.2K 35
When the fierce and bitchy Lila Alfonso is suddenly thrown into the custody of her five elder brothers, will she be able to forget the past differenc...
57.4K 1.9K 28
22 year old Lydia is living on her own in New York. She lives with her two roommates, works almost every night as a server, and is enjoying her life...
179K 4.7K 31
Everyone in life is dealt a hand of cards. The player can't control if they are dealt a good or bad hand but the player can control the outcome if th...
266K 12.3K 56
Despite years of abuse by a close family member, Maya is starting to learn the meaning of trust and love with the help of her new family. She's made...