Last Friday Night

By forsythe_97

Kim Jisoo, an easy-go-lucky, party girl of Saebom Highschool. Throws off the largest party she's ever thrown... More

Last Friday Night
Prologue
Chapter One: First Day of School
Chapter Two: Apology Not Accepted
Chapter Three: Cheap Thrills
Chapter Five: Imperfect Perfect
Chapter Six: New Boy in Town
Chapter Six: The Boat is Sinking

Chapter Four: Attention and Intentions

312 46 105
By forsythe_97

There's two things I've gained today, so far. A sudden boyfriend, and a cracked phone. I rolled my eyes as I put my phone inside the pocket of my hoodie. Frowning at how lucky I am for the things I've gained. Having a boyfriend was worse but having a cracked phone worsened my day.

Yes, I am still in this classroom, waiting for our math teacher, finish off his 'introduction to high-school math'. Trust me, we've probably memorized old Mr. Nam's slide shows because he practically shows us the same PPT every single year!

My brain was totally off sailing through the clouds and not at his math antics. I sighed and slouched myself on my seat. As I slouched, I caught a glimpse of that darned President carefully listening and taking down notes just like what a good student should do. I'm not saying I'm a bad one! I mean, who the heck would want to remember all the algebraic rules.

Math is a great subject! Not until, the alphabets joined the party!

"Miss Kim Jisoo?" Old Professor Nam called me.

"Huh- Wha-" I cleared my throat and stood up not knowing why.

"Miss Kim Jisoo, how do you solve for the circle's area?" He asked me and fixed his round glasses he had like Harry Potter.

I gulped and chuckled nervously. "I- I- Uh..." I scratched my head.

"Come on Miss Kim. Those math facts were discussed when you were a sixth grader. 3 years have only passed how could you forget about it?" He tapped his shoe. Professor sighed, "Miss Chou Tzuyu."

Tzuyu stood from her seat confidently. "The formula to find the circle's area is pi times radius, raised to the second power. Or...pi, r, squared." She answered and looked at me emotionlessly.

"I hope you keep that in mind, Miss Kim Jisoo."

I sighed and plopped down in disappointment. Even though studying was definitely not my thing, I still realized that school wasn't about learning anymore, it's a competition of who's got the highest grades. Who's got the most medals, awards, titles...etc.

And I didn't feel like I needed getting those awards. It wasn't because I wasn't competent enough, but because awards will all be forgotten. 'Rich coming from the girl who doesn't receive any awards.' I snickered at myself.

But then, my smile faded when I suddenly remembered my problems in life. I slouched my back and laid my head down.

***

After Math Class, the best subject of all time was next! It was recess! Students ran out of the classrooms and raced to the best tables. The best tables were tables in the middle of the cafeteria not by the corners near the trash cans. Though I didn't care where I sat.

"Ooh~ There goes the president's girlfriend!" Somebody cooed from behind. I knew they were referring to me.

I turned my back and glared at the group of boys who teased me. The boys whispered and hit each other while running away from my glare. I rolled my eyes and plopped down a random table.

Suddenly, Jackson Wang and the rest of the student council members sat as well. I saw Jennie, Rosé and Lisa giving me a thumbs up and siting on another table.

"Sorry for barging in, but it's actually tradition that we sit down with our President's girlfriend." Jackson explained.

"We did this too with Miss Chou Tzuyu." Choi Yujin, the Secretary, said who was placing her tray beside me. "I think you're quite better, Tzuyu really doesn't care when we sit with her, she only minds her books, friends, and last but not the least her boyfriend."

Jeon Jungkook, the Vice-President, nodded while sipping his banana milk, "Agreed! It feels like we're complete losers when we sit with her. But we really don't want to be looked down at. It hearts our pride of being elected." He shrugged, "By the way, how's your friend, Lalisa Manoban?"

I snickered at him. "You go ask her that Mr. Vice President."

"But she keeps on ignoring me face-to-face and ghosting my messages. The only time we'd talk was when there's a school event that we're both involved in!"

"Well, it's hard to court the Captain of the Dance Team~" Jung Hoseok, the auditor, exclaimed. "I'm part of the dance team, and she's strict when it comes to getting the dance moves all wrong."

"Since when did you guys dance in sync? When you perform, one goes left and one goes right." Min Yoongi, the Peace Officer sat at the farthest seat. "Sorry for their noisiness Miss Jisoo. It's really unbearable sometimes, really..." He gritted his teeth and started to eat silently.

"Damn! I suddenly remembered the party you threw last Friday!" Jungkook berated delightfully, "That party was incredible!"

"I was there too!" Choi Yujin raised her hand up. "Though I still didn't know who took that video of you and Mr. President." She said suddenly.

I sighed as I remembered that video.

"Did any of you see the person recording the video?" Choi Yujin asked the rest. They all shook their heads.

Jackson grimaced, "I was too drunk from all the soju I drank. No wonder I did the WAP challenge with Yoongi and -"

"Don't bring that embarrassing thing up." Yoongi slightly covered his face. "But neither did I caught a glimpse of someone taking that make-out video." He said straight up.

"Who could the video-taker be?" Jungkook muttered. "I mean, since it wasn't really a kiddy video, we asked the one who posted it to take the video down. But it seems like it's anonymous and it still doesn't take it down."

"I bet that person is trying to humiliate you and the president." Choi Yujin glanced at me with a hint of concern.

"The gamers?" Jungkook said out loud. "They're quite good with computers, technology, and all." He explained.

"They're gamers Jeon, not hackers or computer nerds." Jackson told Jungkook off. "But the fact that we still don't know who recorded that video still bothers me. It's pretty creepy actually." Jackson let out a shivering gasp.

I kept quite and thought about it. I realized it as well. Who recorded the video? And why did they have to post it in an anonymous account? Was the person scared of the SHS Student Council getting back at him or her? Or, did they kept themselves anonymous for the purpose of only humiliating us?

My mind was rambled and probably only has one brain cell clinging to solve my remaining problems. "Do you have any idea why Kim Taehyung suddenly announced that I'm his girlfriend?" I asked the members of the student council.

They all looked at me then looked at each other. "Didn't you say you'd help bring back his girlfriend?" Min Yoongi said bluntly.

"Uh...yup." I answered.

"Well, that is the purpose of your fake-relationship-"

"Shhh! Someone might here you!" Choi Yujin shushed the Peace Officer up. "Don't worry Miss Kim, we'll use all of our connections to cover something up if something comes up once again."

"Yeah~ Life can be a little bit surprising sometimes." Jungkook whispered.

So, he took the things I said seriously? Was he that dumb to not realize that it was a joke? A metaphor!? I rolled my eyes to myself. "It's a good thing he's not sitting with us today." Jung Hoseok said. "He said he's got some paperwork's on-going."

I sighed in relief.

"Not gonna lie, but Kim Taehyung's a workaholic!" Jungkook exclaimed. "He barely even made time for Chou Tzuyu when they were still dating." He said.

"But Tzuyu really liked him, so she still tried to keep up with their relationship." Choi Yujin shrugged, "But in my opinion, it's a good thing they broke up because their relationship was getting more and more duller."

Jackson Wang laughed nervously. "She didn't mean to say that it was a good thing you guys made-out and destroyed their relationship. What Yujin here means, is that, Tzuyu and Taehyung weren't doing what couples normally do."

"I get it, Jackson." I answered and thought about Taehyung and Tzuyu. If Taehyung the cold type of boyfriend, I bet Tzuyu felt no warmth in their relationship. But she still loves him? What about Taehyung? Does he still love her?

***

After meeting every subject-area advisers, I went straight to their Office. I saw the other officers went home already. So practically, it's just me and the bossy dude in the area.

I opened the door and peeked. "Please. I- It was a mistake..." I heard Taehyung's solemn voice.

"Mistake? It's called cheating, Taehyung! Cheating!" Tzuyu's voice followed. "And it's not just a simple issue when it comes to couples! And...you have your brand new girlfriend now. Jisoo right?"

I quivered when she suddenly brought me up.

"That girl's not important right now-"

"Your brand new girlfriend's not important?" Tzuyu raised her voice. "No wonder you never even gave importance to me. You always studied, attend meetings, and do homeworks!"

I could here Tzuyu's muffled tears. It made me cry as well.

"I was drunk that time, Tzuyu. I'm sorry." I heard the warmth in his voice. "I'm sorry, Tzuyu." He continued.

I saw him kneel for her on the floor.

"I still love you. Come back to me, Tzuyu." He tried to hold her hand. But Tzuyu took it out of his reach.

"If you loved me, then why did you hurt me?" She took a step away. "And if you still love me up until now, why would you tell the whole school that you have a new girlfriend?" She turned to go away, but then she saw me.

Tzuyu looked at me with mixed emotions. I couldn't read what she felt. Though her tears signified sadness. But her eyes, were completely emotionless right after she turned her back from Taehyung.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

She shook her head, "No. You're not sorry." Tzuyu went past me and slammed the door.

I looked at Kim Taehyung who was still kneeling on the floor. 'He really does love her.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...