Breaking Down His Walls [Zero...

By Detherny

(THIS TAKES PLACE WHEN YUKI HAS ALREADY LEFT) Zero Kiryu. The man I fell in love with. How? I dont know. I ju... More

O n e
T w o
T h r e e
F o u r
F i v e
S i x
E i g h t

S e v e n

2K 121 30
By Detherny

It's been three days. Three days since I accidentally confessed my feelings for Zero. Ugh, why am I such an idiot. I thought back to what happened that day.

"But, I don't want to stay away from you." Oh no! My true feelings are spilling out. "Zero, I love you. I'm in love with you!" I confessed.

". . . !" Zero didn't say anything. He stayed quiet. All of a sudden, he jerked away from me and stood up.

"I-I. . .!" I stuttered, tears blurring my vision.

"Get rid of them. . . ," he coldly stated, turning his back to me.

". . .What?"

"Those feelings. Get rid of them. . .and stay away from me." I stared at him in disbelief. "I don't deserve your love. . .I don't deserve a girl like you. You deserve someone better. So, please. . .stay away from me," he painfully whispered.

"Z-Zero, stop saying such nonsense!" I shouted.

He turned around, anger in his lilac orbs. "Stop! You'll get too attached to me and you'll get hurt! I almost hurt you! Just. . .Just! . . .leave me alone." He turned around and disappeared in the alleyway.

". . . ." I sat there, fists clenched. Zero. . . .

"[Name]. . .?" I looked up with tired eyes.

"Uh, yes, Mr. Cross?" I yawned and rubbed my eyes. Right. I'm in Mr. Cross's office.

". . .Have you been sleeping well?" He questioned with concern.

"Of course! Why do you say that?" I say, my head nodding off a little. To be honest, I wasn't getting much sleep. Part of it is going patrol at night. . .and because of Zero.

"I'll take you off of patrol for a few days." I jumped and shook my head.

"Oh no! I'm fine, I swear!" I frantically wave my hands. He stared at me with worried eyes.

"No excuses. You're off of patrol for three days," he claimed, pushing up his glasses.

"But. . .what about Zero?" I quietly said, fiddling with my skirt.

"He'll be fine. Obviously, he can take care of himself." All of a sudden, Zero's crimson orbs flashed in my mind. I bit my bottom lip and bowed.

"I shall leave. Thank you, Mr. Cross," I swivled around and opened the door only to meet lilac orbs. I opened my mouth, but then no words came out. He immediately walks past me, leaving me standing out the hall. "Zero. . . ."

My chest tightened painfully. Ugh, him giving me the cold shoulder was definitely killing me! I need to talk to Zero!!! I looked out the window that stood in front of me. The sun stood above the horizon. A small sigh escaped my lips. Maybe I should get some rest. I've been lacking in my classes. I walked to my dorm room and jumped on my bed. My face was stuffed in my pillow as I groaned.

My eyes began to get heavy and soon enough I was out like a light.

Where. . .where am I? I could only see a bright white light. Nothing. Just white. All of a sudden the scenery changed to long tall grass. The sky was clear and beautiful.

I looked up to see a tall silhouette. Who is that? I walked closer, but it seemed to get farther than before. I squinted my eyes and my body froze. Silver hair? Is. . . is that Zero?!

"Zero?!" I called out, running towards the figure. The figure began to go further every step I took. "Zero, stop! Wait!" I stopped and Zero began to twist his body around. Right when he turned around, leaves swirled around him, covering his face. "Z-Zero?!"

"Please. . .save Zero. He needs help. . . He needs you. Please save Zero!"

"ZERO!" I sat up, panting and frantically looked around. I realized that it was a dream, but at the same time, a bad feeling lingered in my gut. I quickly changed into my uniform and ran out my room. I need to see if Zero is okay!

I ran towards the Night dorms, trying to find the silver haired man. The bad feeling in my gut increased even more. Was that dream trying to tell me something? I looked at places where Zero would always be. The tree, the hallways, etcetera. I huffed and placed my hands on my knees. No where to be found!

But, there was one more place. . . . I looked up at the moon and bit my lip. That place it is. I jogged to the direction of the location, easily finding it inside the woods. The barn where Lily is. . . . I slowly walked up to the door and opened it, the door making a creaking noise. It was dark inside and cold.

I opened my mouth then closed it. I shouldn't say anything. I'm not that stupid. My left hand searched for the light switch in the darkness. Ugh. Scary! When I felt something that felt like a switch, I flipped it up and the light turned on. "Zero!" I said in surprise. Zero was laying on the floor, his back to the floor, a pain expression on his face. I ran up to him and laid his head down on my lap. I softly slapped his pale cheeks. "Zero, wake up!"

His eyes opened slightly and his lips parted. "[Na. . .me]?"

"What happened?!" I began to panic. He stared at me with lidded eyes.

"Noth. . .ing," he whispered. I stared at him with a concerned expression.

"Should I get Mr. Cross?" I asked. He shook his head.

"No, I'm. . .fine. Just. . .hungry," he replied with a raspy voice.

"You. . .you need blood, right?" I blurted, surprising myself. Zero looked at me and hesitantly nodded his head. "Do you. . .want to--?" I stuttered.

"No."

"But, I didn't finish my sentence."

"I don't want to drink your blood. Don't suggest that ever again," he sternly said.

"But, you need help!"

"I'm fine," he gets back up, slightly wavering. I stand up and put his arms around my shoulders, supporting his body.

"Let's go to my dorm," I say, walking forward.

"W. . .we can't. I'm too heavy." I continue walking forward anyways. "Stop already."

"No."

"I can do whatever I want. You don't need to worry about me," Zero coldly says. A sharp sting stabs my heart. Can't you see Zero? You know I'm in love with you. . . .

". . .I can do whatever I want, too," I reply, literally dragging the tall silver haired man.

"You should take my words seriously y'know?" Zero whispers. I look at him in confusion.

"Huh. . .?"

"Don't get so attached to me. . .you'll just end up getting hurt." I bite my lip and my mind goes crazy. How could he say that?

Finally, we get to my dorm and I lay him down on my bed.

". . . ."

". . .I'll get a cold towel," I suggest, turning around.

Somewhat I'm pulled down onto the bed with Zero. ". . .Stay here with me, please?" Blood rushes to my cheeks as I realize what is happening. I thought Zero said not to be attached to him?

"Zero. . . ."

"Just for tonight. It'll. . .be the last time I. . .see you."

Huh? . . .What does he mean? 'It'll be the last time I see you?' what does that mean? I shrug it off thinking it meant nothing, but it still bothers me. I look up to see Zero's sleeping face.

He looks so handsome. . . .

I look at his neck and realize. . .that he's wearing the scarf I got him for Christmas. This scarf. . .I hope it protects you, Zero.

I closed my eyes. I love you so much, Zero. I wish you can just open up to me a little more. Sweet dreams.

Author's Note: . . . . . . . . No comment. But, this story is near it's end. Yep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4K 242 21
(Unless you have finished the manga do not read!) Kaname has become the new parent and has told Zero and Yuki to be together. Kaien Cross has decided...
5K 208 13
You don't know how you got here or why you are Yuki Cross. This anime that seems to be more and more like an actual reality. One that is so vastly di...
2.3K 79 32
This is my version of Kaname's perspective on what happens if the vampire knight crossed over to the diabolic lovers universe and what really happens...
40.8K 1K 27
You are zero's childhood friend, until one day a pureblood vampire attacked your family and zeros. But theres something you don't know, some of your...