THE BALD EAGLES (Omega Verse)

By ailovexiaowang

Did you know that bald eagles are one of the faithful animals to their mates? They'll love and live with the... More

Opening Chapter
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chaoter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 14

1.3K 147 21
By ailovexiaowang

Actually it happened 20 years ago, when Xiao Xing Chen became the best man and the man who witnessing the vow between a couple who are his best friends. Lee Chin Wei who married a girl, Andrea Zhang. Anyway, their marriage wasn't approved by both parts of the family, because Lee Chin Wei is a wolf, while Andrea is a fox. But they're deeply in love and inseparable, so Andrea willingly to run away from her pack with Lee Chin Wei.

For the bond they're made, Lee Chin Wei forbids Xkao Xing Chen to tell it to other people, included his very wife, Baozhai. They afraid  both party of the families will be able to find their hideout if other party involved.

From then on, Lee Chin Wei and Andrea lived together. They're isolated themselves by living inside the deep forest where bith packs never pit thwir feet on before, to avoid the families who still hunt them. And the forest coincidentally located only a few miles from the house where Xing Chen lives with his small family. The couple requested Xing Chen to be their child's godfather when their baby has born, and Xing Chen didn't mind it.

Unfortunatelly, the pack of the familes of the couple found their hideout and started to hunt them down. And poorly, Andrea was preparing her labor day to give birth to their baby, but she left no option but to run away with her husband with the big belly which oughta burst at any time soon.

They made many attempts to fight the pack which hunting them, but they're outnumbered by the crowd of the packs from both parties. They're on the run for a few days without able to make a contact with Xing Chen who was away from his house and family.

On their long run, Andrea couldn't help but had to deliver her baby only with the help of her husband who has no experience about it, but magically the baby was born safely.

"If he's born as an Alpha, I wish Xiao Zhan would be an Omega. So, we can get them together...!" Said Lee Chin Wei which gets the warm welcome from his wife.

At that time, unexpectedly, something big hopping on the roof of the hut they're live under. They looked at the ceiling which made my the hay and they heard the sound of a couple of flaps. The wings' flapping. Not only a pair but two pairs of wings. And the sxreeching sound of the eagle defeaning the ears, makes the baby who sleeping in Andrea's arms woke up and screamed. Crying loudly.

Lee Chin Wei ran out of the hut to chase the eagles away that made his baby crying. But he stunned when he saw there are two giant bald eagles with their pretty brown feather and black tail..on their neck was lined bybthe white feather. Their sharp and clear brown orbs with big gooden beak make them look more powerful behind the ellegance.

One more time, the eagle let out the screeching sound, then one if them flapping its wings, after that it fkew away. Left one more eagle. It looked at Lee Chin Wei for a moment before it also flew away with its partner.

Lee Chin Wei entered the hut again. Andrea looked at him. The baby was sleeping with mouth hanging on the mother:s nipple.

"What happened?" Asked Andrea.

"Bald eagle...." Lee Chin Wei replied with a mumble.

"Bald eagle? So?" Andrea didn't understand.

"Our child has cursed...."

"What? How come?"

"Do you know there is a myth in our pack about the bald eagle?"

"What myth?"

Lee Chin Wei sighed. He leaned on the wall made by the hay, too.

"When someone make a vow, or maybe declaring something to claim it as theirs, especially about the life partner.... And if there are two bald eagles appear in the sky while screaming.... That means, the vow is meant to be. It will happened, no matter what....!" Explained Lee Chin Wei.

"So what? Isn't that good? Our baby and Xing Chen's son are definitely destined to be together....!" Said Andrea.

Lee Chin Wei looked at his wife. He shook his head weakly.

"You don't understand... Three of us are in danger. We don't know how long we can survive from the pack that hunting us. If we are not survive, how are we gona safe our baby?" Lee Chin Wei spoke with a sad tone. He stroke the baby's head softly. "And if it happens, Xing Chen's son won't be able get another mate..."

"He will survive, of course! Even when we have to die, he has to be safe and alive! I won't let them harm him!" Andrea shouted.

"Ssshhh.... Calm down. They can sense your anger, Andrea....!" Said Lee Chin Wei, crossing his finger on his lips.

"I will do anything to safe him, Chin Wei...." Hissed Andrea.

Lee Chin Wei nodded. He caressed Andrea's cheek.

Night has fallen, ended the daylight with the dark that breaking into the hut. The cold air creeping into the pores, and the silent surrounding the place.

Why is it so silent?

Lee Chin Wei who still awake that night was wondering.

I don't even hear the night insects sounded tonight. It's too fishy....

He glanced at Andrea who sleeping beside their baby. The light from the moon helped the lighting in the dark. Lee Chin Wei moved carefully to not waking his wife and baby up. He crawled outside to check the situation. He saw nothing suspicious out there, but his sense telling him otherwise.

Lee Chin Wei looked at the surrounding. Very quiet. There wasn't even wind blows. He even could hear the sound of his wife shifted her sleeping position. He looked at the hut when he heard his baby was moaning. Then he turned his eyes to the surrounding again.

He snapped his head when he heard something suspicious behind him. The sound of the bush being shaken. Lee Chin Wei jumped to the bush which just shaken. But there was no one around. He walked a little further,, thought might whoever or whatever shaking the bush had ran to the other side.

"Whoever you are! Come out now!!" Lee Chin Wei shouted.

But there was no respond. Lee Chin Wei parted the tall bushes that surrounded the hut and walks further from the hut.

"Chin Wei?"

He heard Andrea was calling him. He turned his head. He saw Andrea was standing at the hut's doorway.

"Get back in....!" Said Lee Chin Wei.

"You come back in...!" Replied Andrea.

Lee Chin Wei could feel the fear in Andrea's voice. So, he walked back to the hut. Suddenly his ears perked up to the sound strangely.

"Andrea! Get the baby and run!!" Lee Chin Wei shouted and he jumped to the people who suddenly appeared from nowhere.

There are at least 30 people with fierce faces and big slanted eyes that the pupil were burn like flame, began to attack Lee Chin Wei. They're the packnyof fox. His wife's pack.

Andrea grabbed her baby and jumped out of the hut, avoiding the aggression from the foxes. The baby in her arms began to cry out of shock.

"ANDREA! RUUUUNNNN!!!!" Lee Chin Wei screamed when he saw his wife was busy fighting the foxes whike holding the baby.

"No! I'll help you!" Replied Andrea.

"Safe the baby! Go!!" Shouted Lee Chin Wei.

Andrea was taken aback. She jumped backward to avoid the attack, then she looked at her baby who keeps crying.

"GO!!" Lee Chin Wei shouted again when he notices his wife was full of hesitant.

Andrea turned her eyes to her husband with teary eyes, but got interuoted when a fox attacks her. She had to fight the fox.

Lee Chin Wei who sees the fox attacking his wife, jumped to fight him and let Andrea run with the baby. He stood before Andrea, blocking her from the foxes.

"GO!" He commanded to Andrea.

Andrea looked at him. She couldn't hold back her tears. Her lips were trembling.

"I love you...." She said with a broken voice.

"Go and safe our baby!!" Lee Chin Wei pushed her to go away immediately.

Andrea took a last glance at her husband before she turned around and started to run for her life and her baby's. She ignored in fact that she got the bleeding after gave birth which still unheal fully.

When they saw Andrea was escaped with the baby, some of the foxes tend to chase after them. But Lee Chin Wei quickly jumped and blocked them and fought them. He fought the pack of the fox as hard as he could. He had got a lot of them killed. But 1 fought 30 fighter foxes was not an easy task to him. A few times he got hit by the powerful beats from the foxes which caused him vomited the blood and reduce his fighting power. He kept staggering as hit by hit strucked all over his body. He had the blood soaked body and the messy look which makes his face unrecognizable from the beaten.

Until finally the lightning struck on him from the stick own by one of the foxes. Lee Chin Wei screamed his life out for the agony that striking on him. He couldn't make anymore fight. He couldn't anymore stop the foxes who chase after his wife and baby. He couldn't even make anyone moves. What he could do now was let his body fell on the ground helplessly without anymore strength and power he had before as blood trickled down his mouth, rolled on his neck and chest.

"Heh! Your capability and power is only until here, and you want to have the queen of our pack...!" the male fox who beats him down scoffed.

Andrea closed her eyes and cried when she heard the scream from her husband. She knows that he has defeated. But she has no intention to stop running. She had lost her husband, and she doesn't want to lose her baby, too. So she kept running and running, finding the way out of the forest.

After a long journey and some of rest, finally she found the bright light, where the sun isn't blocked by the thick forest. She kept walking out, dragging her feet with a sleeping baby in her arms. She looked over her shoulder sometimes, to make sure that the foxes won't find them out here. 

She squinted her eyes to the bright afternoon sun that glaring as she comes out of the dark of the forest. The heat burned her skin that never get that heat for quite long time in her hideout. She kept walking when she saw a house nearest to the forest, and she also saw there is a little boy who was crying and rolling on the floor. She recognized him as her husband's best friend's son.

A light of hope shone in her tired face. She dragged her feet faster to get to the house. She saw the woman who standing at the door, threatening the toddler about throwing his tantrum. The baby in her arms woke up and began to cry. She wanted to stop and feeds the baby first, but she knows that she has no enough time for that. She needs to reach the house soon.

"Sister!Help!" Andrea shouted with her remaining strength she had.

The woman at the house turned to her, and she glanced at the little boy who screaming, "Mama! Dada!"

"Who are you?" the woman asked her.

Instead of answering the woman's question, Andrea stretched he hands out, holding out the baby who didn't stop crying.

"Why do you give me your baby? Who are you?" asked the woman again.

Andrea had no more strength. Her throat has dried. Her lips had dried. Her life is draining. She knows that she has no more chance. Her time was not much left. It would end soon.

"This child... Your child..." then she paused. She wet her dried throat with the saliva she gathered difficultly. The she continued. " This child.... Your husband.  This baby... Aaahh!!"

Before she was able to explain, suddenly she felt something strikes her back until she has to flip her body to the pain created by the invisible power. But because of the pain she was suffering, the hold on her baby loosened and even she threw the baby unintentionally to the air. He gasped silently between the pain when she saw the baby flying in the air, but she feels relief when she noticed that the woman jumped and flew to catch the baby before it hit the floor.

But suddenly she felt her body was twisted after the flip, and she has to thrown the blood out from the pain that attacking her. She screamed her life out as the sound of a crack snapped in the air as she felt her neck fallen apart from her body. And everything was dark to her.

✔✔✔✔

"I want you!"

The words froy Yibo  shocked Zhan until he threw the beer that just reach his throat out. But unfortunately, he blurped it out right into Yibo's face.

Zhan was dumbstruck. He couldn't believe with what he just heard. He turned to Cheng who still laughing. He hit Cheng's back.

"What's so funny? What are you laughing at??" Zhan retorted.

"Hahah... Both!" replied Cheng, still laughing.

"What both?" asked Zhan.

"His confession and your reaction!" said Cheng.

"Jerk..." Zhan hissed.

"I want you to be my friend, Zhan! Will you?" said Yibo. He wiped his wet face.

"Huh??" Zhan cried.

Cheng stopped laughing. He looked at the Alpha.

"Please?" Yibo pleaded.

"Eh! Why do you want to be his friend?" Cheng interefered.

"Because I want to..!" replied Yibo.

"If you want to, why don't you want to be his mate, instead?" Cheng scowled.

"Do you know me?" Yibo turned to Cheng.

"Of course, I do! I'm not dumb like him!" Cheng glanced at Zhan.

Zhan gasped and mouthed something that anyone couldn't understand, including me. Cheng turned his gaze back to Yibo.

"Why are you, a fucker, a manwhore, suddenly wants to befriend my best friend?" sneered Cheng with a sarcastic tone.

"You're only his friend. Not his mother..." hissed YIbo.

Cheng leaned in closer to Yibo, then he also hissing.

"I'm his best buddy. His mother trutst me so much until she entrust this groundhog to me...!"

Zhan slapped Cheng's back when he heard the nickname Cheng gave him.

"We'll hear from Zhan about that!" Yibo pulled back and flicked Cheng on the chest.

"I don't think you can get him easily!" replied Cheng, flicked back at Yibo on his chest.

"Not you who decide it. But Zhan!" said Yibo. He glanced at Zhan and smirked.

Zhan looked away.  Honestly, he confused.Why? I also got no idea. Ask Zhan. I bet he also doesn't know why.

But suddenly Zhan got up, looking at Yibo with a glare in his eyes.

"I'm not a toy you can play with. When you're bored, or lonely. Or horny!  I'm not the girl the guy gets at the end of a movie! I am not a fantasy! If you want me, earn me! Until then, we are done!" Zhan screamed, then he left.

"Hey, Zhan! No one says that you are a girl!" Cried Cheng. But Zhan ignored him.

"Why is he so dramatic all of  sudden? What's wrong with him?" Yibo was confused, so he asks Cheng.

Cheng raised his cup and put its mouth on his lips. He shook his head.

"I think he spends too much time on TikTok...!" Cheng muttered. Then he chuckled and chugged the beer into his throat.

Yibo looked at Cheng with furrowed brows, didn't understand. Then he looks again to where Zhan has walked away. He was confused. He got no idea that being in love is so hard Ike this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

405K 14.6K 50
How can you love someone if you can't be faithful ......
466K 26.1K 60
[BOOK 1] Not Edited - For the edited version see my bio Aquilam and Ignis, two clans fighting each other for more than a thousand years now. A pl...
925K 27.3K 21
The pain was too intense. I had no one. Parents? My mother died in a fire. Father couldn't stand seeing how much I looked like my mother. Sibling? M...
403 16 16
[BxB].I have scars, it's not a question, it's a statement, scars inside and out. I have never loved anyone, as much as I love him, but I can't commit...