Hey There, Delilah

By MP13Girl

What would you think if you received letters from someone and it seemed they could never be caught? This just... More

Hey There, Delilah (1)
Hey There, Delilah (2)
Hey There, Delilah (3)
Hey There, Delilah (4)
Hey There, Delilah (5)
Hey There, Delilah (6)
Hey There, Delilah (7)
Hey There, Delilah (8)
Hey There, Delilah (9)
Hey There, Delilah (10)
Hey There, Delilah (11)
Hey There, Delilah (12)
Hey There, Delilah (13)
Hey There, Delilah (14)
Hey There, Delilah (15)
Hey There, Delilah (16)
Hey There, Delilah (17)
Hey There, Delilah (18)
Hey There, Delilah (19)
Hey There, Delilah (20)
Hey There, Delilah (21)
Hey There, Delilah (22)
Hey There, Delilah (23)
Hey There, Delilah (24)
Hey There, Delilah (25)
Hey There, Delilah (26)
Hey There, Delilah (27)
Hey There, Delilah (29)
Hey There, Delilah (30)
Hey There, Delilah (31)
Hey There, Delilah (32)
Hey There, Delilah (33)
Hey There, Delilah (34)
Hey There, Delilah (35)
Hey There, Delilah (36)
Hey There, Delilah (37)
Hey There, Delilah (38)
Hey There, Delilah (39)
Hey There, Delilah (40)

Hey There, Delilah (28)

78.4K 2.1K 1.1K
By MP13Girl

"Why did we have to come along with you?" Rex whined, dragging his feet against the cement. I rolled my eyes, squeezing River's hand even tighter. He was actually wearing a short sleeved shirt, because I requested that he did. I didn't care if he had scars on his wrists, because they didn't matter to me. Though they were a little tough to look at sometimes, I wasn't ashamed of them. And I didn't want River to be ashamed of them, either. He had nothing to be ashamed of. Nothing at all.

"Because this is a friendly outing," I answered him, trying my best not to glare at Rex, which was very, very hard.

"No, it's a date," Rex corrected, making a disgusted face. "Why did Seth and I have to come on a date with you and River?"

"Friendly outing," I snapped, glaring at him now. I needed to get him a girlfriend or something before he exploded. Before exploded. He seemed like he really, really needed one. Like, seriously. Someone that wouldn't mind someone that talked and talked all the freaking time. But who would like that?

I'd find someone even if it killed me. It couldn't be that hard, could it? There had to be a crazy girl that would love to be with a crazy boy... right? I couldn't take anymore of his whining about how River and I were so gross all the time. Couples did the types of things that we did. It wasn't gross, it was perfectly normal. Rex was just a big baby sometimes. But I loved him for that. He still was one of my best friends. Even if he was super annoying most of the time.

"Are you not bored out of your mind?" Rex asked, turning toward Seth, who only shrugged us he buried his hands into his pockets even more.

"I don't care, honestly. It's better than hanging around school all day. And I know you're happy that you aren't at your house right now..." Seth told him, his eyebrows rising just the slightest. Hah, Rex. He caught you. Now you have to admit that you like being out with us.

Rex didn't reply, because he knew Seth was right. No matter what we were doing, Rex would always choose it over being at home. He hated his family that much. I felt bad for him because he didn't have any family support. None of the boys I was with did. That was why we were all important to one another. I was their family, and they were each other's family as well. We were a family to each other, pretty much.

"Hey there, Delilah, what's it like in New Y--"

"Shut up!" I shrieked suddenly, hitting Rex's shoulder as hard as I could without seriously hurting him. Not that I would have really minded if that happened, though. But the only thing I ended up doing was hurt my hand, not to my surprise. "I hate that song!"

"Why would you hate your song?" Rex grinned, rubbing his shoulder.

I gave him a flat look as I thought about what I should say. "It isn't my song. It's annoying. After that stupid song came out, every time I told someone my name, they'd just be like, 'Oh, from the song?' and it would be super annoying," I snapped at him, my eye twitching just a little bit. Wow... that never happened unless I was super angry or annoyed...

So I wasn't really surprised that it happened when I was with Rex.

Rex burst out laughing, tilting his head back as his laughter barked out loudly. He even clapped a couple of times. My free hand balled into a fist, and I wanted ever so much to just punch him right then. I knew that wouldn't be the best thing to do, though. I just hated that song with an absolute passion. It was just the most annoying thing on the planet to me. People always assumed that I liked it or that it was my favorite just because it had my name in it, but I absolutely loathed it. I just couldn't stand that stupid song. I didn't get why some people actually liked it. I just didn't see the appeal. And my name was in it!

Rex began to sing it again, louder this time. People were actually starting to stare now. "Shut up, you idiot!" I hissed, elbowing him in the ribs, but that didn't stop him. I was seriously going to bash him over the head if he didn't shut up! What a stupid, annoying idiot... One of these days I was just going to slap him really hard and make him mute or something... If that was even possible... I hoped it was...

"It's a good song, though," Rex pressed on, continuing to sing and making sure to sound extra obnoxious when he sang my name. I seriously started considering changing my name when I was eighteen. That song wasn't even that good. And it was super creepy, too! He wrote it about a girl that wasn't interested in him at all. Writing a song for the person you like doesn't always work. I just wished that the singer of The Plain White T's knew that before writing the stupid song. That stupid, stupid song...

Rex started humming it, which caused Seth to start humming it, which made River start humming it as well. I felt myself cringe as they all continued humming it as if they had planned on doing so from the start. I was going to explode if they didn't shut up!

"I'm surrounded by morons," I grumbled, ducking my head from the strange stares we were getting from all the different strangers as they passed us.

River purposely bumped his hip against mine, knocking me to the side a little. "Even me?" he questioned as we continued walking hand-in-hand.

"You have your moments," I answered, pecking his cheek quickly and grinning at him. He smirked at me in amusement, pecking me on the lips before I could turn my head away from his. Not that I was complaining or anything...

"Ew! See, it is a date!" Rex cried, covering his eyes.

"You're such a moron," I repeated, shaking my head at his childish ways. Even though it really annoyed me most of the time, Rex wouldn't be Rex if he didn't act like such an idiotic kid all the time. I wondered if he would ever really grow up and act like an adult. I couldn't even imagine that actually happening. If he was going to grow up, I wondered if it was going to be anytime soon. I didn't think it was going to be.

But now he wouldn't stop humming.

They all wouldn't stop humming.

I was going to kill them if they didn't shut up!

"It's getting hot out here," Rex suddenly sighed, peeling his jacket away from him. He was actually right. It seemed like it was only yesterday when I was here with Avery and it was freezing outside. But that was only a few weeks ago, and I hadn't heard from Avery since. He didn't ever want to see me again, and I didn't really blame him. Even though now that I saw he was a huge jerk, I still felt bad for lying to him and not telling the truth. But Avery was a jerk, so I didn't feel that bad.

"Well, well, well..."

Oh, no.

Speak of the devil.

All four of us turned around to see Avery glaring at us. He noticed River and my conjoined hands, only causing him to glare even more. Seth was glaring, along with Rex and River. It was like I was in the middle of a glare-off between the four boys that surrounded me. I just looked between them in fright.

"What're you doing here, Avery?" Rex demanded, his eyebrows knitting together between his eyes. Avery rolled his eyes, crossing his arms over his chest. "This isn't your park, Reginald. Anyone can be here."

Rex looked outraged with the fact that Avery had used his real name. "Anyone but you," Rex said again threateningly, stepping forward.

"Rex," I snapped, grabbing his shoulder with my free hand before he could step any closer to Avery. "Don't do anything stupid."

"Yeah, Reginald," Avery sneered once again.

Avery really was a jerk. I couldn't believe that I hadn't seen it before. The boys had tried to warn me, but I didn't believe them. Avery seemed like such a nice guy, and yet... he wasn't. He was a jerk that didn't know what friendship even was. He stole Marnie from Seth! And he didn't even care! They obviously weren't together anymore, since he had been going out with me, but still! Seth was in love with Marnie, but Avery didn't even care. He just took her for himself. I couldn't believe that I actually liked him. I couldn't believe that I was fooled by his game. He was such a jerk and I didn't even see it the entire time.

"Get out of here, Avery," Seth demanded, trying to keep his cool. I knew he could kill him if he could, because he definitely wanted to, but he stayed back as Avery turned toward me.

"You didn't seem like such a slut when I met you," Avery told me as he glared even more. "Seth, River, and me? What are you going to go do next? Fuck Reginald? I wouldn't be--" Before he could finish, I felt River's hand tear away from mine as he stepped forward, swinging his fist, connecting with Avery's nose. My eyes widened as Avery flew back onto the ground, his hands over his nose.

"River!" I shouted, earning stares from passing people. "Don't!"

I would have loved to let River kick his ass, but I didn't know how far he would go. I didn't want him killing Avery. Even though Avery was a bastard, he was still my first boyfriend and I did have feelings for him, at a time. And he didn't deserve to die. No one deserved to die. Even if he was a huge jerk that needed a total reality check...

"Get out of here," River growled, kicking Avery in the side again. I frowned as Avery got up from the ground, clutching his nose and running off and out of the park. I couldn't help but grimace when I looked at the bloodstain on the ground. That was really gross and it seemed like it was a lot of blood for just a nosebleed.

"Go, River!" Rex cried, hooking his arm around River's shoulders proudly. "You showed that bastard who's boss! How dare he say something like that to Delilah! He deserves to be punched in the face a thousand more times!"

I rolled my eyes, ignoring the fact that he had actually used my name as I continued walking. "I don't really care if he called me a slut," I shrugged once the guys followed me. "He's a jerk and I don't care what he thinks about me anymore. Yeah, I used to go out with him, but that was a huge mistake that I made in the past..." I looked back at River, smiling at him. "And I'm looking forward to my better future."

River smiled at me as well, and I almost started laughing at how confused Seth looked and how disgusted Rex looked. Ah, that'll never get old. I could watch their faces all day. They were that hilarious. It was just so priceless, especially Rex's. I knew that he was always going to make me laugh, even if it annoyed me sometimes. That's just how Rex was.

Before Rex could start complaining in his annoying fashion once again, my phone started vibrating in my pocket and ringing loudly. I stopped walking, causing Rex to run into my back like an idiot. I rolled my eyes as I pulled my phone out of my pocket and flip it open, pressing it to my ear in a matter of seconds.

"Hello?" I asked, giving Rex a look that told him to shut up. He closed his mouth and didn't say a word, following my orders as he pouted. I smiled slightly, shaking my head at him.

"Delilah!" the voice on the other line said giddily, confusing me. It sounded like it could be Julie or Arianna, but that wasn't their voice. I quickly pulled the phone away from my ear and glanced at the caller ID quickly. Mom?

"Uh... hi, Mom," I greeted, trying my best to not sound confused. Why would she be calling me now? If it was twelve here, it would be nine for her... and she was usually sleeping in on Saturdays. Why was she up so early? Did Dad get to the house already?

"I have news for you," my mother informed me, sounding so excited that I thought she was going to explode if she didn't tell me right away.

"Alright," I replied slowly, waiting for her to tell me. I assumed that it would be about Dad being back, and how happy she was and how they were going to stay together and be happy just like they used to be. But I then realized that my parents weren't happy, all those years ago. They were just pretending to be happy for Jake and me. And that's what hurt even more. They had to pretend to be happy. They weren't happy. I always thought they loved each other to death. I guess I was wrong.

"Are you sitting down?" my mom asked me, and I seriously thought that she was hopping up and down back in Washington. What was she, a teenager? She was acting younger than me!

"Yeah, I am," I lied, slipping my hand back into River's, causing him to smile in amusement.

Rex rolled his eyes, poking me in the shoulder and mouthing, "Hurry up. I'm bored."

I rolled my eyes this time, but I then directed my full attention on what my mother was saying to me as all four of us went over and sat on a bench. So I guess I wasn't lying to my mother now. I sat in between Rex and River, Seth lazily sprawled out next to River.

"Okay, are you ready?" Mom questioned.

"Mom, just tell me."

"What are you doing?"

"Mom," I whined, stretching the word out. She didn't exactly know that I was going out with River... No one in Washington did. Except for my dad, of course. I hadn't talked to Julie in a while, and I was planning on telling her the next time we talked. I just didn't know when that was. Maybe I'd call her later that night. I didn't have anything to do, so that would be a good thing to do.

"Alright, alright," my mother grinned. She knew I hated surprises. She knew that I really, really hated surprises. They were just so... unexpected. Which I hated. A lot. "This is really big news, Delilah..."

So it was about my father! It just had to be! What else could it possibly be about? Did they catch my old stalker? Why did I highly doubt that that happened? If they didn't catch him after two years of him harassing me while I was there, there was no way that they were going to catch him when I wasn't there and he wasn't sending me letters. I already had to go through a huge lecture from my mother when she found out about my new stalker for not telling her about getting stalked up here at Bentwood, and I hopefully didn't have to sit through anything like that ever again. It was just so... long and boring. And she would repeat the same thing over and over again until it was tattooed onto my brain. I wasn't really listening, anyway. She just talked about how I had to tell her about things like that. But if I had told her, she would have taken me out of Bentwood, and I didn't want to leave. I didn't want to leave Rex and Seth, and I definitely didn't want to leave River.

Before I could tell my mom to just get on with whatever she was going to tell me, she burst out in giggles and finally said, "I'm getting married!"

"What?" I screamed. I mean, like, actually screamed. Like, horror movie scream. It seemed like everyone in the park turned around to stare at me as I pretty much hyperventilated. What about Dad? Didn't she know that Dad was back yet? She had to know! She couldn't be getting married!

"How are you getting married?" I demanded through clenched teeth, pretty much seething, as I pressed the phone to my ear even harder.

"Well, you see, Deli Sandwich," Rex butted in from my right, leaning into me a little. "When a man and a woman love each other very much, and a man wants to get laid very badly--" I elbowed Rex in the ribs, hard, not even glancing at him. I felt tears come to my eyes as I thought about my dad, who was coming back to my mother after so long. And she was getting married to some other man.

That reminded me... Who the hell was the other man?

"Well, Delilah..." my mother started softly, as if she was trying to break news to me. I was pretty sure she kind of was. "I'm in love."

"No you're not!" I shouted, not even meaning to. I was getting so confused and angry. I couldn't believe my mother. She was marrying some other guy and she didn't even know for sure that her first husband was dead! She was still married because my father was still alive!

I felt the hot, angry tears burn my eyes before I could try and stop, and I pulled my hand away from River's so I could wipe them away quickly. "Delilah," my mother said, sounding serious and angry now. "I didn't think that you would be upset. I thought you would be happy for me."

"Well, I'm not happy! I'm not happy at all! You have no idea what you're doing!"

"Delilah!"

"Who are you even marrying, anyway? Who's the man that's going to tear my family apart?" I shouted once again, still wiping at my eyes. Rex was so shocked that he was silent, and Seth didn't even say a word. I felt River's hand on my back, comforting me only a little. I couldn't believe my mother. I couldn't believe she was actually doing this! She didn't even have a body to prove that her husband was dead! She didn't even have evidence! There was no proof at all! My father was on his way to seeing my mother right then! He wanted to work things out with her! But he knew that... he knew that she wasn't happy. But who the hell was this new man?

"Man that's going to tear your family apart?" my mother repeated, sounding exasperated now. "I have no idea what you're talking about, Delilah! He is not tearing the family apart, he'll just pull it together! You'll finally have a father now!"

"I have a father!" I yelled.

"Delilah--"

"Who is this man?" I demanded. "Tell me who he is!"

"It's Nick Shrew," my mother informed me, a very impatient tone now taking over her voice. I felt my back stiffen and I didn't move anymore as my mother added, "But you know him as Lieutenant Shrew. He proposed to me last night. I knew you don't know this, but we've been seeing each other for a while. A few years, actually. So this isn't sudden or anything."

There was no way my mother was getting married... Not to that bastard!

"And after we get married, you're going to be coming back and living with us," my mother informed me, causing me to freeze again. All I wanted to do was scream at her. But we were in a public park, surrounded by people we didn't know. I couldn't do that.

"There's no way I'm living with him!" I snapped, trying to keep my voice down so that the strangers wouldn't hear me. I didn't think that worked. "There's no way I'm leaving Bentwood!"

"It's not up to you, Delilah," my mother said. "You don't belong there, anyway. With Nick living with us, you'll be more protected in case your stalker comes back."

"I don't want to go back! And it was his job to protect me before, but he never did! They never caught him, they never did! That's why I'm in New York right now! They never caught him!" I screeched, in case she didn't hear me the first time.

"I know, Delilah, and I'm sorry for that. But that isn't a choice that you get to make. You're not supposed to be at Bentwood. The people over Headmaster Russo don't even know that you're going there, which is bad. Very bad. He made the exception, and he knew that his bosses and people ahead of him wouldn't allow it. If they found out, you're going to be kicked out anyway."

"But--"

"No buts, Delilah."

"I hate you," I said suddenly, shocking myself. I knew it shocked the three boys that I was sitting with as well. I knew they were probably really confused, since they couldn't hear my mother's side of the conversation, so they weren't able to hear what was getting me so hysterical.

Lieutenant Shrew had never been nice to Jake or me. I never knew that he was friends with my parents in high school, because I only met him after I started getting stalked. And he was always such a grumpy, surly man that just got on my nerves all the time. He was just never nice. And now I was supposed to just call him Daddy and welcome him into the family? Hell no!

"Delilah," my mother said, her voice now low. "I don't understand why you're so upset."

"Because you're already married!" I told her, wiping at the stray tears that decided to travel down my cheeks as quickly as I could. "You're already married!"

"Your father is dead," my mother snapped, causing me to freeze even more. She had never said anything like that in my entire life. When she was breaking the news to Jake and me when we were little, she would use phrases like "passed away" or something like that. She never used the word dead, though. She just... never used it. And I was glad that she didn't.

"N--" before I could finish my sentence and tell her that he wasn't dead, I could hear the doorbell ring in the background and my mother cut me off.

"There's someone at the door, Delilah, I have to go. We'll discuss more on this later."

I didn't say anything, because I hung up before she could stop talking. I really just felt like throwing my phone against the ground, stomping on it about a thousand times, before curling up in a ball and crying my eyes out. But I couldn't do that. I'd break my phone.

"Are you alright? What's wrong?" River asked me as he continued to rub my back up and down. It did make me feel better, but it still wasn't enough. Before I could answer them, though, my phone buzzed, signaling that I had gotten a text.

I looked down at my phone and pressed the button to view it, and it said that it was from Jake. My eyes went wide when I saw what the message said.

Dad's here right now... Mom's practically a huge mess on the floor!

My grip on my phone tightened, and I really considered throwing it across the park. Or at a tree. I just needed to get all my anger out. But I was already getting strange stares from the people around me, obviously wondering why a girl was crying with three boys surrounding her. I hoped they didn't get the wrong idea. I didn't need more stress right then.

"Delilah, tell us what's wrong," Seth said sternly, as if he was talking to a small child that had done something wrong.

I wiped my eyes with the back of my hands, still angry. "My mother's getting remarried," I sniffed, still wiping my eyes. "She's getting married to a man that told her my father was dead just so he could get to her! She's marrying a man that hates my brother and me and doesn't care about us at all! She's marrying a complete jackass and is totally oblivious to everything!"

I was pretty much seething once I finished my small rant, and the three boys stayed quiet as they continued to sit by my side. I knew that they didn't know what they were supposed to be doing. I didn't really blame them. I didn't even know what they were supposed to be doing. Were they supposed to just stay quiet while I sat there and seethed? Or should they try and talk to me? If I didn't know, then they definitely didn't know either. And they should have known what to do.

"Let's go back to school," River suggested, helping me off the bench and to my feet. I still couldn't believe my mother! She better change her mind now that she knows that my dad was alive! She's still married, so she can't marry Lieutenant Shrew! That's against the law!

... Right?

I hoped it was.

"Can I get ice cream before we go?" Rex asked, causing me to give him a look. It really wasn't the right time to act like a complete childish idiot. I felt like I was going to collapse onto the ground if I didn't get back to my dorm soon. And he wanted ice cream?

"Fine, Seth, go with him," River told Seth, jabbing a thumb in Rex's direction. "I'll get Delilah back to Bentwood. We'll see you guys later."

Seth grumbled, but followed Rex as he walked away from us. "He's such an idiot," I muttered, turning away from them and walking in the opposite direction with River as I wiped my eyes one last time. We made our way, hand-in-hand, toward the exit of the park, but we had to go under the bridge to do so. I felt myself shudder slightly at the memory under the bridge, but I was also glad that it happened. I never would have broken up with Avery, and then I never would have gone out with River. And I would be with the wrong person for either longer.

"Well, if it isn't the two people that we wanted to see!" a voice said sarcastically as we got under the bridge. I stopped, blinking at the two figures in front of us. They were just blobs to me because of the sunlight that slipped under the bridge. I moved to the side a little, getting a look at the two people that seemed to be so happy to see the four of us.

Bekka and Marnie.

Ah, how great. Just what I needed. Two bitches getting on my nerves. I seriously just needed to go back to my dorm and rest for a little while before I got another call from my mother. I really wasn't in the mood to talk to her without a nap.

Bekka's eyes flashed to River and my conjoined hands. "Cheating on poor Seth now, huh?" she questioned, an evil smirk erupting on her face as one of her eyebrows rose. "You didn't seem to have it in you. And to go out with my ex-boyfriend?" She put a hand over her heart, faking hurt. "I can't believe you would do something like that. I'm so hurt right now."

I hated the too-sweet tone of her voice and the grin on her face. Marnie stayed quiet, but she was glaring at me. She obviously didn't like that fact that I was supposedly cheating on her ex-boyfriend. Even though I was never going out with him in the first place.

"I don't get why you'd cheat on him with River," Bekka continued, shaking her head. "There's nothing special about him. I'd say he's emo, but then I'd just be making fun of myself. He's just a poser, I guess. I mean, he used to be such a preppy goody two shoes until I broke up with him. Changing your image was just stupid. I only liked your hair. There was no way I'd take you back..."

"Just shut up," I snapped, my eyebrows knitting together.

Bekka looked at me in shock for a moment, but then her smirk reappeared on her face. "So you're defending him? Why? There's nothing special about him at all. He's just a wannabe emo. Just look at the scars on his arms! He's just a wannabe!"

"And you're a bitch," I snapped once again, my grip in River's hand tightening. Why did she have to act like such a bitch to River? What did he ever do to her but like her? He did so much for her and she didn't even care at all! Man, I hate people like her! They drive me insane! She was such a... a... an Arianna!

"Man, Marnie, you must be pissed, right?" she asked, elbowing her friend in the ribs lightly, which caused her to stumble a little to the side. It made me realize how frail Marnie must have really been, and how weak she actually was. It just made her look innocent. And I realized that Marnie wasn't a problem for me, because anything mean that she would say was because she thought I was going out with Seth. But Bekka was just mean all together, and I accepted that.

"O--of course I'm mad," Marnie stuttered, looking down at the ground. "She's going out with Seth and then she just cheats on him!"

"Like you're one to talk," I spat, now glaring at her. I shouldn't have been angry with Marnie. She was just upset because she thought I was hurting Seth. If only she knew that she was the one that hurt him the most. The hard look on Marnie's face faded into a hurt one after I had spoken, and it immediately made me feel guilty. I didn't like being mean to her when she seemed so nice.

"Seth told me what you did," I said softly, causing Marnie to frown even more. "He told me that you cheated on him with Avery, who was supposed to be his best friend. Why would you do something like that to him when he liked you so much?"

"It didn't seem like he even liked me anymore," Marnie excused, taking a step closer to me. "It seemed like he was only with me so that he wouldn't be single! Avery made me feel special, and he was really sweet... He's such a jerk, but I fell into his trap..."

My eyebrows furrowed when I realized that I had done the same thing as well. I had fallen into Avery's trap, and I didn't listen to the boys when they told me not to go out with him. I did what I wanted, and I ended up hurting myself and the people I cared about.

"But then Seth went and killed three random men..." Marnie continued, wiping her eyes before the tears could fall. She was going to say something else, but I cut her off before she could.

"He didn't just kill those men for no reason!" I told her. "You can't remember, I know you can't, because you got hit over the head! Seth's sister Jenny chose not to remember, and she actually believes that nothing happened! But Seth saved you from being raped and killed, Marnie! He killed those men so they wouldn't hurt you! They raped Jenny, but Seth was able to stop them before they could get to you! He was able to stop them before they were able to kill all three of you!"

Marnie looked at me, awestruck. "... I--I didn't think he had any feelings at all! It hurt me so much to learn that the boy that I was so in love with couldn't love me back!"

My eyes widened as she finished her sentence, and I felt a total Cheshire Cat grin erupt on my face only moments after. My grip on River's hand tightened, and I felt like jumping around. The total hysteric breakdown I had almost had minutes before was long gone in the past now. "Do you still love Seth?" I asked, trying to calm my smile down a bit, but totally failing. Marnie looked at me in confusion for a moment, but then looked back down to the ground and nodded in embarrassment.    

"That's great!" I squealed, covering my mouth with my free hand after I had done so. Bekka was looking at me as if I was crazy, and Marnie just looked confused. I couldn't really tell what River was thinking, but that didn't really matter at that moment. What mattered then were Seth and Marnie.

"Aren't you going out with him, though?" Bekka glared, almost accusingly.

I shook my head quickly. "Marnie, he only kissed me the night of the dance because he wanted to get you jealous! He told you I was his girlfriend so he could get you jealous. He wanted you to be jealous! He wants you back! I was never really going out with Seth!" I cried, my grin still obvious on my face. Marnie only blinked, still looking confused. I didn't bother telling her about the kiss in the pool or how Seth had admitted that he did, in fact, have feelings for me. That really wasn't important then. And it wouldn't have made her happy.

"Deli Sandwich, what are you still doing--" I heard from behind me, causing me and River to turn around. Rex, who didn't have any ice cream, and Seth were standing behind us, both looking confused until they saw Bekka and Marnie in front of us. Seth's eyes widened slightly when he saw Marnie, who was now crying and letting the tears flow down her face, and I thought I heard his breath catch in his throat.

Aw. They were so cute.

"S--Seth," Marnie stuttered, wiping her eyes again. "I--is it true? Do you still like me?"

Seth blinked, his eyes really wide. He looked so stupid that it was laughable, but I didn't dare make a sound as I watched this. It felt like I was watching a movie and this was the climax. Seth glanced toward me, and I could see a glint in his eyes that said, "I'm gonna kill you," before he turned back toward Marnie and nodded, looking completely dumbfounded.

"Seth!" Marnie cried, running away from her spot next to Bekka and past River and me, and she practically leaped and wrapped her arms around Seth. She came up to his chest, just a little shorter than I did. That was really cute. I really wanted to aw right then, but I still stayed quiet as I watched.

"I love you!" she cried, squeezing him even tighter. "I'm sorry that I acted like such a slut and cheated on you with Avery! I promise you that I won't do anything like that to you ever again! I love you, Seth! I love you! Delilah told me what you did for Jenny and me! I'm so sorry!"

Seth slowly slid his arms around Marnie, obviously still in shock from everything that was happening. "I love you, too, Marnie," he told her, bringing her closer to his chest.

I just wanted to start squealing and jumping! My inner girl was screaming!

"Humph," Bekka sounded from behind us, causing only me to turn around. "Whatever, traitor." She then turned away from us, walking away and hopefully never returning. But I wondered if I'd see her again. I probably would, I knew. It was just going to be a matter of time.

But things were good for right then. The only thing we needed was a girlfriend for Rex.

But we would be in that department for a long, long time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So... what do you think?

I'm in a sucky mood today... Ugh, I wish I had a River... :(

But please COMMENT, VOTE, and FAN! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

598 18 14
Delilah Rivers is not popular but she's not the girl everyone picks on, she is your average Junior in High School just trying to get by. Delilah is c...
Delilah By BT

Teen Fiction

696 0 21
"What are you doing?" I mumble through my mouth. "Waking you up." Charlie replies me casually. "You could've just shaken me awake or you know flick m...
15.3K 499 62
Alone. A simple word that has always held many meanings to Ella, and starting her senior year at a new high school, solitude had seemed the easiest w...
3.4K 1K 49
She is the newbie, most people hate her but some people love her. She is complicated and very hard to understand but when you get to know her you fin...